Any Spaghettibros here

Can you redpill me on the North-South divide in Italy and why it exists?

Also, what was WWI like from an Italian perspective?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_Monte_Grappa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vittorio_Veneto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The south was agrarian and under spanish rule they tried to keep it that way
I don't really have an opinion about ww1

I actually have no idea on the divide, but I'd guess it had to do with the northern industrialization in the 19th century while the south remained agrarian.

It's gotten a lot better in the past decade, though there's still a divide.
Of course if you get to back a generation or two, people from the north see people from the south the same way Sup Forums looks at niggers.

Sardegna reporting in...

WW1 have two fase for us
The first is when Cadorna is in command and we get our ass kicked by the Austrian
The second is when Cadorna is replaced by Armando Diaz and we kick the Austrian ass

>4 beheaded moor on the flag
How can a flag be more based?

which is better to visit?

They are both nice but
North is rich but you can find Commie and Nigger in the big city
South is poor and you can get scammed/robbed in big city
Small town are nice everywhere

Winter=north
Summer = south
This is my suggestion.

Pretty much what this guy said, but really depends on what you're looking for.
I should also add that pickpocketing id somewhat a problem in northern cities, but at a smaller scale.
t. northern polentone

southern italians are moor rape babies and northern italians are white

Bullshit,i know a lot of people from the sud and they are white
The Islamic invasion was only in sicily and lasted like 200 years
The Spanish and Norman invasion lasted much more

the one south italian guy who did the dna test the other day thought he was white but he got 53% north african

He wuz kangz user, don't you get it?

1 single guy dont rappresent the entire population
There are more Spanish and Norman Rape babies here than descendent of some random arabs

How comfy is Sardinia?

Finland with godly weather, godly food and meds instead of mongolians

>scammed/robbed in big city
god damn romanians

The North-South divide exists since Italy's unification in 1861.

The North was more industrialized and advanced, a lot of influence from Austria and the rest of Europe.

The South spent most of its history under Spanish rule and never really developed.

Garibaldi&Co. decided that they don't give a fuck about these differences (keep in mind that there was no Italian language, North/South people could barely talk to each other for example) and slaughtered a lot of people so they could unify Italy.

This caused a wide mafia-like phenomenon known as "Brigantaggio" in the South where people would steal, murder and shit like that as as sign of protest towards Italy.

Thoughts on this man?

Are there people who still revere him?

You need to be smart there. People there are extremely jealous. if you go there to show off you will not have any respect from anyone. The best way to enjoy sardegna is to buy small land near the coast, build a cheap chalet for the summer vacations and dont tell anyone you have it. Natives (I am one so i know) will try to live off you throuh the summer and during winter time they will build weed plantations on your property.

>not posting the superior version

Woah that's rough

Actually from what i read and my economy university teachers said south industry was more developed at that time and the unification crippled the south industry/economy . Read Noi della meridionale italia.
>inb4 biased south teacher
We discussed about this with other teachers from the north too.

are you all Italian plumbers over there eating mushrooms?

How does the food compare from North to South?

And the women?

My uncle has a picture of him on his wall

There's no way the south was more developed. I agree that the south had a better economy at the time, but it was not because of industries. The Southern economy was more about agriculture

Are you really implying that brigantaggio led to mafia?

Both are good, south you will find more seafood.
Women? South is full of sluts.

Food is diverse all over the country really.
It changes from region to region, not just north and south.
South italians are hairier and more tanned

Either you're a fucking retard or you have the reading comprehension of a fucking retard
There's sluts at north too, they just don't look like that because it's colder outside at north

There were other important industries too.

kek
they are fucking plumbers i knew it!

>There are more Spanish and Norman Rape babies here than descendent of some random arabs

wew this is pretty retarded pastabro
we didn't violently conquer you and rape you like vikings, the south was a kingdom of the spanish crown but it was kept largely separate and with a lot of autonomy.
You don't have belgium saying they are spanish rapebabies either kek. we only raped savages like the injuns

>The second is when Cadorna is replaced by Armando Diaz and we kick the Austrian ass

What the fuck are you on about pastaman

After Battle of Caporetto there was a year long stalemate until a month before the fucking armistice was signed

There was no period in which you kicked Austrian ass

That's true but you still were kind of assholes

desu lad we barely touched naples, we owned it and as loyal subjects you were meant to help in wars and shit, but napolitan tax money was kept in naples and you were ruled by local councils. wouldn't have been so lucky had the french gotten you, they'd have forced you to speak french for starters

they are just hungry for Italian sausage with a side of meat balls, my friend.

North and South belonged to different kingdoms that had always been separated throughout history; they were then forcefully united against the will of the people by a bunch of communist bandits (funnily, the same kind of communist bandits who also revolted against Mussolini during WW2 and made Germany lose the war).

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_Monte_Grappa
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vittorio_Veneto

It's more or less like the other italians have said, as far as i know there was one politician, Giovanni Giolitti, who promoted industry and development in the north while doing business with the mafia in the south. Quite a fucking bastard.

>butthurt cleaning lady in every italian thread

everytime

Austria-Hungary reached Piave river on 10th November 1917

Austria-Hungary was dislodged from Piave on 24th of October 1918

The armistice with Austria-Hungary was signed 3rd of November 1918

Unless you're for some reason claiming that holding an extremely inefficient and overextended army (with the frontline somehow within your territory) at a fucking river is "kicking their ass" I don't see what point you're making