American healthcare

>American healthcare

If it was free competition those prices wouldn't be that high. US system is just a shitty state healthcare system with less gibsmedat

They charge you to hold your baby...

the MARKET

$1,600 to have a baby seems like a good deal to me. That's why you pay for insurance.

What happens if you get shot and don't have an insurance or any money? Do they take you somewhere to die or DIY-patch you on the spot?

They're required to treat you. You will get treated at the nearest hospital until you are fit to leave. You'll get a bill, but if you absolutely can't pay it, then poor people just ignore the bills and toss them out and nothing happens.

>having to pay for your own kids

>Be bong in 18th century
>Own almost whole world

>Be bong in 21st century
>Own an island thats a little bigger than Florida

Emergency rooms are legally required to treat everyone. Doctors are also in the business of helping people. They won't turn away someone who is about to die.

If you're white the state seizes all assets

If you're anything else nothing happens and they blame the doctors for nigger shaming you

>having to pay for refugees litter

You rack up a huge hospital bill and when you don't pay your credit is destroyed.

>implying poor people had any credit to begin with

>Wasting OR time

>Eurotrash thinks $1,626 is a lot of money

lol

>be American
>elect 6'3 oompa loompa as leader
>40 fucking dollars to hold baby

I got billed $42k told the hospital I was poor and they told to not worry about it. Hospital would just write it off at the end of the year.

Yeah that's pretty stupid. I have never heard of such a charge, it might be unique to whatever facility performed the birth.

Regardless, I'd probably raise a stink about it if it were my bill.

>poor people just ignore the bills and toss them out and nothing happens.
why don't the rich do same?

>be American
>have kid
>can't pay for the delivery
>they impound your baby

Thanks Obama

I thought skin to skin after C-sec meant stitching up the abdomen back together

>Nothing happens

That's not correct. It will end up in collections if the hospital doesn't write off the charges. Sure, you don't have to pay it, and the probability of a collection agency suing you for medical debt is small, but it will fuck up your credit which can have pretty severe consequences: not being able to get credit, not being able to find a decent apartment, and increasingly not being able to land a job, not being able to buy a house etc.

>"not pictured"

the 15 nigger mammays that just had their babies for free before her .

you brought this upon yourself merica. you had about 100 years after slavery where it was socially acceptable to sterilize them

See

btw

>“I didn't know that hospitals charged for it, but doing 'skin to skin' in the operating room requires an additional staff member to be present just to watch the baby.

It ruins your credit score

Its was a fucking c-section. They hospital explained that allowing skin to skin contact while having your belly sliced open means having an extra nurse in the OR.

Extra personnel = extra money

>thinking this only affects the working poor.

And even if you were poor at the moment, this can effectively cockblock you from reaching the middle class, especially since this happens to college students.

Don't have a child if you can't afford one. Contraceptives exist for a reason, besides being a Jewish tool.

>79 c-section deliveries
Is she some sort of human insect?

>40 bucks for a few minutes of nurse "work"

She must earn over 200 bucks/hour, very impressive.

If every retard could be a medic, there would be specialized birth helpers who would do it for shit and giggles. But no, only (((studied))) doctors can do it

Hospitals are incredibly inefficient bureaucratic messes; the left arm doesn't talk to the right. Healthcare works butt backwards anyways, because its usually government programs that get the lower prices.

My dad was a physician. He said that HMOs drove him to quit. Said he spent more time negotiating with insurers than with patients, and that it was becoming increasingly impossible to make a decent amount of money for the amount of work he had to do.

Of course, now he is working 80+ hours a week as a medical case reviewer, which I dont like to see him do, but he is making money at least.

"total charges" is a scam that hospitals and insurance run together for shekels through the bureaucratic nightmare set forth by government regulations.

Insurance companies typically pay the hospital about 1/3rd of your co-pay. They just put this gigantic number on the bill to make it look like you are saving a fuck ton of money by using them, when in fact you are paying the hospital more money than your insurance company.

Are you a nigger?