Why do millennials earn so little?

Why do millennials earn so little?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibew353.org/principal-agreement-wages/
theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/03/here-is-when-each-generation-begins-and-ends-according-to-facts/359589/
time.com/247/millennials-the-me-me-me-generation/
investopedia.com/terms/m/millennial.asp
amp.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2016/apr/15/what-does-millennial-mean-is-it-vague-lazy-and-meaningless
forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2015/08/24/what-is-a-millennial-anyway-meet-the-man-who-coined-the-phrase/#50c48f6e278b
people.howstuffworks.com/culture-traditions/generation-gaps/millennial-generation.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because half of them don't have jobs or studied meme degrees.

There's still a large number of millenials who work part-time. The cut off year for the generation (1995) is still in college.

That's no excuse.

They're losers

They lazy.

People that are not in the workforce are not considered in the calculations.

Jews told them to get meme degrees in queer studies and incur $100,000 debt so they can enslave them forever

It was the jews

Ah well I don't give a shit then. I make $50k and I'm 20 so I don't know what they're doing

labor in america is a mess. we have become a nation of consumers that produce very little. all a part of the plan OP.

Wow I'd sure like to be in the 21,9999 bracket!

the only way to be successful in the usa is to get a degree in stem or anything business related.
blue collar jobs are high paying but millenials are special snowflakes, also they're getting outsourced to poo in loos

how

>be lazy
>get degree in feminist dance theory
>wonder why has no income

>blue collar jobs are high paying but millenials are special snowflakes

Ironic because in Germany blue collar trade jobs are seen as very respectable and are heavily promoted by the Government

Apprentice lineman for a local hydro company

how the fuck is an apprentice making 50k

>mfw welderbro
>mfw I'm 23
>mfw I made 68k last year, more this year
>mfw it wasnt even hard, just have to not fail trade school, show up on time and do what you're told, which is easy if you paid any sort of attention at said trade school

>mfw ZERO sympathy for lazy/stupid members of my generation who wont do anything then complain about it. You dont even need to be fit, I worked with a guy once who was missing half his foot and he still got the job done.

ibew353.org/principal-agreement-wages/

I'm on 2nd term so $25 per hour, and that is just base. I usually get overtime as well. I did a work-study program in high school so I could get quite a bit ahead of others as well. Always fucked around with this stuff as a kid too since I grew up on a farm.

It's all about the right place at the right time user. There are fewer lazy people, but a lot that are looking for a rewarding job with no idea where to look. Everyone alleges they make a lot of money, but you're never sure. It's how I was swindled.

I agree with no sympathy for the intensely lazy though.

thats mad money for an apprentice senpai, im a first year spark apprentice and i make peanuts

SKILLED
TRADES
NIGGERS

For anyone reading this. I know plenty of folks in my generation who make as much as I do, or more. I was involved in skillsUSA for a while (basically FFA for the trades) and theres a ton of hardworking millennials that end up getting very profitable careers that serve them well.

The only folks in my generation who make no money are:

>the ones that dont try
>the ones that are lazy as FUCK
>the ones that get a degree in basketweaving

Theres literally no excuse. Skills pay bills famalamdingdong.

Many of them are in school.

All the wealth and resources are owned by globalists now. Boomers sold off their countries and infected everyone else with their SJW leftist druggie hippie bullshit so they could live a few extra years in an excessive retirement.
Any other answer is bluepilled as fuck.

you are overpaid as fuck.

cant wait for all the all the liberal "trade skills" faggots to fuck up your shitty industry

Then again, this is Leafbux we're talking about..

>thats mad money

No isn't really. Linemen have to work during -40 c Canadian winters

No they arent retard, only the youngest "millenials" are

>work during -40 c Canadian winters

boo fucking hoo

They still make more than me. But I don't work.

still 4x what i make, hoping to get some travel money soon though at least

50k CAD is like 30k USD so it's still not a lot.

doesnt really matter though when you live in canada

Nah bro full times linesmen are overpaid as fuck

My dad works for hydro one and will make sometimes as high as 140k a year with overtime.

It can be some shitty work and you definitely earn your pay when it is but it can also be some easy work and you get crazy pay to be a basic labourer essentially

That also brings up the high taxes you need to pay for.

what?

>tfw earning over double the median income in my state for millennials as a millennial

feel good

31 year old millennial reporting in with 110k/yr salary.

I also just found out a few weeks ago I'm technically a millennial. Who knew?

Canadian taxes are high as fuck compared to Americas taxes.

I got a degree in music and make 80k a year plus benefits suck my ass society. Milenial by the way.

what would be your take home from 50k in each country?

Holy shit, not even the mean, but the median.

>tfw make 72k, 25 years old, I bitch because I haven't had many raises, but I guess I'm lucky.
>still applying to new jobs for a pay bump though.

how do you yanks make so much money reeeeeeeee

Something like $13k for the US, I don't know what it is for Canada.

We are superior to all others.

google says canada would be less than that

It's 1999

>22
>in college
>10k in debt
>made 1 thousand dollars or less last year

I make about 39K after taxes and pension contributions

If you can't remember NYE of 1999 you aren't a millennial.

What about people who are young that have just recently entered the workforce so they make intro wages?

rly maeks brain

>skillsUSA
That fucking sucks and so do you
shut the hell up

Because half of them are still in school?

Also, raw income is meaningless when cost of living varies greatly. I'd much rather be making 19k in west virginia than 25k in NYC.

I'd rather be making $100k in Iowa than $70k in San Francisco

Because transgender art history majors are worth minimum wage or less.

They have bought into the altruism meme.

Well that'd be doubly good, because not only would your income would be higher in Iowa in that situation, but cost of living would be much lower than in San Francisco.

I've passed on job offers simply because some of them would've meant I'd have to live in/near NYC. Fuck that shit.

Because they have Part Time/Seasonal Temp/ or just shit jobs.
If you drive a truck full time you you can make $40k a year.
Millennials are fkn retarded

I barely remember NYE 1999 and I was born in the mid 80s.

22 making $62K.

These days, all IT jobs are outsourced to india or some other poorfag country. Nobody boomer want to pay millennials for IT jobs.

Millennials are fucked by baby boomers.

you stupid leaf. Your analogy should have read 70k in Iowa vs 100k in san fran. dumb fucking snow nigger.

Dropped out off collage and became an otr driver. Made 42k the first year.

The job isn't hard, but working 4 weeks at a time before going home for a few days kinda blows

>>dropped out off collage
>>off collage

you don't say.

need mo money fo dem programs

Maybe because you're an idiot. Exactly. Making more money isn't worth dealing with liberals usually. Burger kek

Auto correct. I really should proofread when posting from my phone.

He isn't wrong, I'm 21 and also a apprentice lineman for a huge utility and I make about $23/hr and and get paid double after 40hrs which I hit every Thursday. I clear 61k/yr if I don't get any storm team jobs.

1983 birthday here. I spent 1999 Nye at home listening to Alex Jones.

The more things change the more they stay the same

> 48k as a manager in Portland Ore.
> Black

Ask me anything.

>Nah bro full times linesmen are overpaid as fuck

Yeah all government employees in Canada are overpaid. The average Toronto policeman makes $130k when you include overtime and other goodies (dental, health)

Yup, I'll easily be making $100k once I'm fully trained. Planning on moving back to my hometown where things are far cheaper though when a position opens up. I might take a pay cut but I'll be able to buy a house. Only problem is the lack of girls. I'm an electrician as well.

>be a millennial
>speak about millennials in third person

Yeah, I'm the idiot.

>They define the group as "as those born in 1982 and approximately the 20 years thereafter."
theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/03/here-is-when-each-generation-begins-and-ends-according-to-facts/359589/

>Millennials consist, depending on whom you ask, of people born from 1980 to 2000.
time.com/247/millennials-the-me-me-me-generation/

>A Millennial is the name given to the generation born between 1982 and 2004.
investopedia.com/terms/m/millennial.asp

kek

I don't think I earn little. I made $46000 this year.

In before Steve-O

Generation Z starts in 1995 you fucking piece of shit! Go kill yourself your ignorant sloppy burger!

I thought 1997 is the cut off year for Millennials and Gen-Z begins.

>“Most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s
amp.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2016/apr/15/what-does-millennial-mean-is-it-vague-lazy-and-meaningless

>Millennial is a term to describe the group of people born between around 1980 and 2000
forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2015/08/24/what-is-a-millennial-anyway-meet-the-man-who-coined-the-phrase/#50c48f6e278b

>And the most recent generation to get its own name, the Millennial Generation (born 1980 to about 2000)
people.howstuffworks.com/culture-traditions/generation-gaps/millennial-generation.htm

>the guardian
Lefty newspaper
>forbes
Owned by jews
>how stuff works
Not an argument

>Be me
>'86 fag
>Made $58k
>Wife made $27k
Feels gud fampai

To be honest, defining generations is mostly made up. It all depends on who is defining it, what the research is being used for, and who they're trying to influence. I just find it easier to define them by every 20 years.

1980-1999: Millennials
1960-1979: Gen X
1940-1959: Baby Boomer

This would make Obama a Gen Xer, which makes so much more sense. And those born in the early 1940s would have been in their 20s in the 1960s making them hippies.

Why? because they compete with millions of low skill/low wage demanding (welfare subsidized) immigrants, plain and simple. Surplus of labor=lower wages for all