Redpill me on dunkirk

redpill me on dunkirk

what is it about and why should i watch it?
seems like defeatist propaganda

why dont you just watch it and make your own mind up Wyatt??

Dunkirk was heroic. But it's a shame that this board is full of American and British nazifag larpers. If only their grandparents could come back and beat some common sense into these stormweenies.

Fuck fascism.

>stormweenies
Sequoia either learn to say FAGGOT or fuck off.

It's about that battle where Hitler allowed British troops to retreat rather than slaughter them all like helpless sheep, but in the history books it was recorded as a massive military blunder.

If the movie doesn't show it that way then it's wrong.

>inb4 gay Hollywood shit with dozens of stukas being shot down by a guy on a fishing boat

>heroic
>Gee wiz the waters on the channel are fucking crazy today free ride to retreat from France

There is no pill. Not everyone makes movies with a political agenda. Either way, Christopher Nolan doesn't make great films, so don't bother.

Brits and french units got encircled, brits sent a every boat down to yachts and fishing boats to get the men off so they could fight.

It the reason why the UK was able to stay in the war.

They would come back and immediately kill themselves.

Yeah but did they leave out the part where Hitler let them retreat? He wanted to sue for peace.
But the faggots who wrote the history books are like "LOL HITLER WAS DUMB HE SHOULD HAVE KILLED THEM ALL."

If he had /wanted/ to kill them all then they would all be dead. No one ever talks about that aspect of Dunkirk.

That's bullshit though, Hitler didn't let them go, that's later propaganda.
Reason why Germans didn't attack at once is because they only had tank units at their disposal, and tanks are obviously not that effective fighting infantry without infantry support. Their logistics were strained and infantry divisions still didn't reach the encirclement.
Hitler delegated the task to Luftwaffe, but they failed to prevent evacuation.
In any case not everyone was evacuated, some French units stayed behind and defended the pocket. Some French units were also evacuated with British units.

And ''no one ever talks about that'', what the fuck are you smoking, that's literally the most common bullshit repeated by people, along with ''little ships'' which is also propaganda.

Almost as if he was a bad military leader who should have listened to his generals instead of Goering :)

That a urban legend.

The german generals were afraid that the brits would do a land based breakout and the didn't think the british had enough ships to get the men across the canal, as they didn't take in account the small ships taking 20-30 men at a time.

They didn't want to advance tanks without infantry support, so they halted for 48 hours to bring up fuel and troops to push them to the sea.

Well, Goering was his general. Just a shitty one.
In any case, that's ANOTHER bullshit. If Hitler listened to his generals in 1939/1940, and by that I mean established generals, they wouldn't even conquer France as quickly as they did.
Halder planned to seize Belgium in a pretty conventional manner and then consolidate before proceeding forward.

Oh boy oh by, I'm sure our grandparents would be so joyful in seeing our world, 2010's is just like the 1940's!

>along with ''little ships'' which is also propaganda.
The little ships where key, but not for the reason usally listed, they spend up transfers from the beaches to larger ships that were too deep in draft to get to the beach or the mole. Some of the civilian steamers did rescue a lot, one rescued 7,000 alone.

Wasnt it manstein who developed the Ardennes armoured attack?

>Tfw everyone is going to forget once again how the french sacrified themselfs again to allow the british to retreat safely

That's true, I expressed myself badly.

I hope this movie will at least consider the 80,000 French soldiers that gave their life so that the British army could run.

God forbid the French fight on their own soil, what a brave bunch

It's a shit city in western NY with a lot of welfare spics

Come on man leave the hatred for one moment and consider how maybe for how fucked it was they tried to save you from doom

Manstein along with Guderian, but neither Manstein nor Guderian were at the top at that time.
Namely Hitler knew what he wanted, but he didn't know how to do it obviously, so he allowed Manstein and Guderian to plan it.
He adopted their plan instead of Halder's because it offered a quick victory. Hitler was a gambler, sometimes his gambles paid off (see Germans stopping Soviets after Moscow), sometimes not.
But German generals were an arrogant and deluded bunch. After the war they tried hard to explain their defeat and save face, thus you got ''Hitler made us do this and that'' and ''Soviet hordes'' memes.
Look 20 years earlier and you'll see Hindenburg and Ludendorff do the same with ''stab in the back'' myth, so they could save their reputation even though in reality German army was disintegrating on Western Front.

thanks portugalbro

muh nazis were ebul xDDD: part 784

British did the smart thing.
Besides some units were sent later to fight in France again you know.
Maybe instead of shitting on British to save face, French should properly research the causes of their defeat. It wasn't just strategic surprise, Luftwaffe and tactical superiority. Defeatism among French played a huge role.

Hitler was a dipshit who allowed the allies forces to escape despite having the opportunity to crush them, because he thought that he could make peace with Britain because Halifax would become PM after Chamberlain inevitably stepped down. Unfortunately for Hitler, Halifax didn't become PM, Churchill did, and Churchill told Hitler to fuck off with his peace offer.

You're sayin there's how many genders now boy !?

Stop playing pranks on grandpa, young whippersnapper

My grandfather was a kike puppet who directly resulted in the destruction of my race, fuck him I hope the worms are feasting on his corpse in hell.

Oh and if you want to shit on British, you can arguably do it for Mers-el-Kébir for example. That was a dick move especially in the light of scuttling of French fleet in 1942. But hindsight is hindsight.

He should have slaughtered every kike puppet on that beach.

and they have died for what exactly? ahmad? muhammad? ahmad muhammad abdul?

They died to prevent German extreme nationalists from enslaving Europeans.
>b-but muh kikessssss
Yeah no.

I sometimes think that it was part of Hitlers plan that even if they somehow lost, there would be this evidence that he truly wanted peace.
Letting them go when he could have killed them all was the biggest goodwill gesture in the last 100 years of war.
Hitler cared so much about whites he even wanted to save the traitors following Jews, but as we now know, the traitors go first and are the most dangerous.

> country: montenegro
> negro
> literally "mountain nigger"

opinion discarded

Whatever it takes to preserve the memory of the brave French Army's delay defense for the evacuation of the British Expeditionary Forces.

No worries, you speak English better then I speak Montenegrin

Not an argument.

Memes apart, I didn't saw a single French soldier in the trailer, even though a big part of the dunkirk thing were french forces.
Pissing me off, between that or BF1.

>See the current state of Europe
>"Yeah about that war against Germany"

>Movie: OH SHIT WE UNDER CONSTANT ATTACK
>Reality:

can I save that Pepe

Not unless you persuade the other negro to admit that Hitler was right.

what's with so many Hitlerboos in France
that's pretty cucked

tendies

tendies

No, it's just you know... Hitler was really right

literally "black mountains" you degenerate charlatan memelord

It was only 300,000 troops or so.

Germany lost 600,000 at Stalingrad and still kept on going to an offensive at Kursk.

I'm looking forward to seeing Aryan blood flow threw the sand on the beaches and the Lewis gun does its work. They messed up the BF109 by using a Spanish variant (in the trailer) but I don't care. I can't wait to see this.

If I see a strong womyn who don't need no soldier, I would be fucking pissed.