Will you pay $200,000 for a trip to Mars?

Will you pay $200,000 for a trip to Mars?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2958312/I-want-BABY-Mars-says-British-candidate-one-way-space-mission-TV-company-reveals-plans-Big-Brother-style-beamed-red-planet.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-YMUXGqWpRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't have $200,000, but I really want to go to Mars.

So I'm making an offer of all my first posts best posts in exchange for a ticket.

How much for a summer home?

If there is a way back and I had the money I would.

If there is no way back I wouldn't.

No. I'd be worried about the vehicle failing constantly and the landscape is dogshit compared to my backyard here.

just go to arizona it's like the same thing

deserted sand place with aliens running all round it

captcha calle mars

no. Who genuinely enjoys space flight?
>nobody

If I can get a loan for $200,000 then yes, yes I would.

Fuck out the way then. I don't care if it's not coming back. I wanna be a pioneer, nigga.

Imagine it. You're the only adult male that goes on the spacecraft... or at least you're the primest male on board (maybe every other male is a 50+ y.o. scientist). You get there and the attractive females of the expedition wanna fuck you. All humans on Mars will be descended from you! And if Earth ever dies (eventually it will) then all HUMANS will end up being descended from you!

Not bad eh.

Get your ass to Mars.

You know that's not how it's going to work. It's going to be 90+% men.

>spend 2 years crammed in a small confined space eating out of a tube and shitting in bags knowing the smallest mistake will kill you only to wind up on an irradiated frozen wasteland

Yeah totally sign me up...

Your ass will be highly valued on Mars.

Because it will be nearly all men, and there won't be enough women to go around.

>You're the only adult male that goes on the spacecraft...

The first breeding couple being sent to Mars is a nigger and a chink. :^)

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2958312/I-want-BABY-Mars-says-British-candidate-one-way-space-mission-TV-company-reveals-plans-Big-Brother-style-beamed-red-planet.html

Nah Mars has less aliens and the environment is less hostile. Rather go to Mars

fuck Mars.
it's the least likely planet to become habitable

better to go to Europa or Venus.

Fuck no I wouldn't. Limit is $5k for me.

I would take a trip to mars for free and provide people with free labor, provided I don't have to pay for shit on mars.

No-one is.

>paying $200k to commit suicide

Give me half and I'll find you a much faster way.

We're full. Fuck off.

I think people endure it for the experience. I'd like to see an astronaught who says they enjoy it as recreation. I'm not saying theres none but the experience is super alien to humans. A roller coaster is fun 5 mins at a time.

bantz

How long will the round-trip take? Seems like a waste of time.

lol You should look up the conditions on Venus. To say that it's unwelcoming to humans is to say Nazis were unwelcoming to Jews

Yeah, I wanna be an explorer.

Only way to live on Venus is to create a floating colony. Way too much risk in that.

Europa is constantly being bathed in the radiation from Jupiter. Radiation that will kill you within minutes. I suppose we could live under the ice, but that creates even more problems than a floating Venus colony.

Mars really is the best choice for colonization given our current technology. It is also cheaper to launch from mars because of the smaller gravity well. Even if you start in the upper atmosphere, a Venus launch vehicle has much higher delta-v requirements than a martian vehicle.

Well who gives a fuck, you will still have a chance to be an early coloniser. If you do have kids there (which you should) then your genes will spread to a significant portion of the future population.

There aren't any niggers in that article, they're all white apart from the chink

Moron

It would be interesting to see private colonization of Mars with a 200K entrance fee. It would be a great experiment to see if a stateless land with only earth's best could make a realistic go at An-Cap. how theyd set up any sort of industry is a question all its own tho

It would be a rollercoaster at take off and landing. The MONTHS in between will be mind numbing boredom in a confined space with nothing to do and your body fucking you up because of 0g

It's already charted. What would you discover?

Nope. By the time you came back, you'd be anorexic from zero g during flights and Mars' low gravity. Earth would crush you.

Don't forget the documented effects of space-madness

The major factors in this experiment would be
> Would they bring weapons?
> Who would be in charge or enforcing the rules
> Who would be in charge of the weapons/security

I'd like to see that thing happen too.

Artificial gravity when?

There will probably be some psychopath scientist who ends up killing off people one by one and when he is caught he just locks everyone out of the airlock and let's them suffocate.

Is that pic supposed to imply Mars is inhospitable?

Nigga we're going there. Whether you like it or not. It's happening.

How long do people anticipate the trip to mars to take?

If you go you would have to spend a least two years here because the trip is made in two year increments

Why would you need weapons, vetting would have to be extensive. Theres no way this would work as who ever has the cash is approved to go. But you raise good questions whe the rubber hits the road with no police-esque institution whats to stop the strongest from enforcing their will. Character avalument would be very important pre-departure

There are no laws in space. You could kill with impunity, and I'm sure many people rich enough to afford such a trip would do it for the rush.

Nope. Civilization will collapse before that happens.

most certainly, provided my safe return is guaranteed

>Will you pay $200,000 for a trip to Mars?
No, but I would go there for free during the initial colonisation missions that are considered suicide missions since there is no way of returning to earth.

Ive always thought a reasonable future for human travel over these massive distances would be to send an automated factory that can build an artificial human vessel that would house a human conscious that would be uploaded to a broadcaster on earth and sent via radio waves to its location and embodied in the avatar waiting at the location. Alternativly we could send out instruction to build such a housing avatar into the void followed with enough time to complete such a project with human conscious information files to be uploaded into the devices. Its the only way I can envision humans traveling the speed of light

Your argument is moot. Staying on earth is also suicide, because you'll be guaranteed to die here.

that'll be the case on earth soon enough though

No laws doesn't mean no consequences.

If you were killing people on Mars I'm sure the other colonists would rek your asshole.

The vetting will be extensive for the first few trips with trained astronauts, although the scenario we are talking about now is the SpaceX commercialized version where many ships take off every two years and drive the price down. So yes, if you had the cash you can probably go.

Venus has excessive CO2
convert CO2 to C and O
store the C or exhaust into space
O remains

O gives life

>Your argument is moot. Staying on earth is also suicide, because you'll be guaranteed to die here.
Yeah, after several years, but on the first mars missions there would be a high risk of death within the first few months of getting there. The mars one mission literally only choosed people willing to die on mars for this exact reason.

That's incredibly short sighted. I think there's too much vision and pride tied to these high minded project to let any bumkin who amassed 200K to risk spoiling it.

no. sorry

Why go to Mars when the Moon is closer and if shit happens, you can be rescued shortly.
I don't understand the obsession with Mars.
There's absolutely nothing there while the moon is filled with resources from all those crashed asteroids.

What about the corrosive atmosphere and intense heat?

Mars is over romantasized without a doubt. Realistic 2nd home for earthlings would need an atmosphere though.

Asking this on Sup Forums
Just accept your Sonichu comic isn't gonna make money Chandler

I see what you're saying, but I the price were to be driven down that low, the novelty or (((pride))) will have already been lost

Why bother with planets?

this response is proving it's own point. I dunno if brilliant or retarded.

*if

>8mo trapped in small spacecraft with the same 3-6 people
>no good food
>weird pooping and showering situation
>probably no sex
>$200k

Fuck no.

We're way too early for fun on Mars. We will be building pod structures that can add onto each other like legos in space and on Mars, in our lifetime, but the first ppl to go there will ultimately die horrible deaths.

1. Mars alive like Earth. It lacks a strong enough magnetic field to shield the sun's solar wind.
2. Mars has insane winds and temperature swings. Weathering on pods will be a major prob. And in a sealed environment, one fuck up and everyone dies horribly painful deaths.
3. The trip there is dangerous as fuck and is only doable when we're closest to Mars, which isn't all that often. So once you go, you're committed for a while.

First travelers will likely die of cancer or from the elements on Mars. We're a few hundred years away from all the trial and error + technological advancements that'll make it possible.

The plan to jumpstart Mars and terraform the planet is a longggg play. It'll take many many centuries, but it's definitely doable.

honestly, if i had that to blow, yes i would

cmon. its sci-fi come to life.

Letting a potential maniac on board and perhaps killing a fellow traveler would doom and rape prospects in the future. Space madness is well documented, you'd have to mitigate that factor.

*cough* meme magic *cough*

I doubt mental disability claims that vaccinations caused your guy's autism will pay 200 grand.

This is an 18+ board

I wouldn't do it for free

Sooo....
8 months in the normal life of a Sup Forumspie?

Living on the space station that'll orbit Mars >>> Living on Mars

It's a suicide mission for those who go early. Tho I guess you'll get your name in history books.

Put mirrors on the walls
Play games
Movies

Melon Husk said there would be a lot of entertainment on his ships, so there's that

I dont want to go. And assuming everyone is a retard on Sup Forums is retarded. A serious colony would develop a political structure almost immediately. Think of the egos of the people with the cash and willingness to take on such a venture. The idea isn't scientific alone.

Absolutely not! Haven't you anons played Red faction?

don't be such a fucking normie, normie

>assuming everyone is a retard on Sup Forums is retarded

>Meme Magic
>Lord Kek

Look up what "assume" means.

you should watch this doc befor your so sure about peoples mental stability in space
youtube.com/watch?v=-YMUXGqWpRc

One-way trip? Fucking yes, in a heartbeat. 200K is dirt cheap to get off this planet forever.

>pay 200k to elon musk
>your automated flight hits a person on the way to mars
>your driverless mars rover hits a person driving around mars
>your frozen space turd hits a person on reentry into earth's atmosphere
wtf man

40 year old kissless virgin spotted.

Also see:

Sup Forumspies

meme magic is a meme. I have a hard time believing anyone who isnt an /x/phile takes that shit seriously. its funny to think that a board fueled by hate summoned a chaos god and changed the course of history. You need to lighten up and not take people on Sup Forums at face value.

Only if I can be the first human -maybe the first life-form- who dies on mars

>ren and stimpy

am I being tricked

Not sure if you guys have noticed, but if you're into space exploration, Trump's plan for NASA is fucking exciting as hell.

Right now about 90% of what NASA does is monitor...Earth. Defense shit,satellite surveillance, etc.

Trump wants to free NASA and let them be the explorers they're meant to be. And he wants to include the private sector which will absolutely speed things up, since mining asteroids is the future.

Overlooked part of the election, but space nuts have reason to be excited.

Also, gif related.

Ya unless interplanetary galactic beings are here teaching us innovation it will be a long time before Humans colonize another planet and actually survive. Lets own this one and then move on, surely the Kikes and Muslims dont care about Future endeavors. They're fucking retards.

lol I'm just BSing about space madness. I have no idea if being in space fucks with your mental state, aside from the isolation.

Being trapped in a small space with the same people for months is an Aspie's nightmare

A massive solar array to grant us limitless power is more practical. but we need to get our shit under control on earth asap or any society organized and prosperous enough to under go a project with be choked out forever

>Mars 1
>Ever happening
Pick one

I'd do anything for a trip to Mars ;_;

Your generation supported a consistently proven business failing, reality show starring, Twitter whoring meme for president.
Sure a war criminal wasn't a good alternative, but you supported a puppet controlled by The Wonka Regime to run the most powerful country (for a few more months) on earth.
So, yeah, I DO believe you Sup Forumspies are THAT autistic.
Fucking millenials.
Another war will thin out your numbers hopefully.

See you on the Hilton/Snookie campaign in 2020

I am pretty sure they would all die of something and there were would be just expensive graves, you would last forever up there.

If I had a ton money, I definitely would.

>CO2 rich atmosphere with no magnetic field so you can have a limitless wash of solar radiation
No thanks senpai. I'll buy land on mars if it's for sale and rent it out to some schmuck.

eh, maybe you're right

Only if there is good Wifi on mars.

Yes.

That's the biggest accomplishment any man or woman can hope to achieve. To have their name immortalized in some way that future generations will see and read about. To prove you existed.

it would be the worst you've ever experienced

Not a chance

I'll pay $20,000 to live in a low-earth orbital habitat though.

The latency might even be low enough that I can keep playing my videogames.

I'd gladly die to be immortalized as the first man on Mars, but if I'm 2nd or 25th? Fuck nah. I'll wait till we work out the kinks.

Only if Time Warner sets up shop. If my Charter bros head out there we'll be golden.