Polar vortex and climate change

futurism.com/extreme-weather-the-polar-vortex-is-officially-back/

>When the polar vortex is strong, it’s contained nicely in the Arctic circle and doesn’t bother the rest of us. But scientists have known for years now that the polar vortex is weakening, which means that the vortex is more likely to break and send blasts of cold air down into the lower latitudes.

>When those breaks happen – like right now – little vortices of cold air spiral out of the polar vortex and bring unseasonably icy weather further south.

>The last time this happened was in 2014, when it caused an extreme weather event in the northern US and Canada.

Polar vortexes were never a thing before 2014, most people didn't even know what a polar vortex was before then. Scientists theorize that the polar vortex is happening because of climate change, and warm air pushing the cold air trapped in the Arctic circle further South.

We can't keep using the "but muh jobs, muh economic growth" argument anymore as a way to ignore climate change. The polar vortex of 2014 caused an estimated $5 billion of economic loss. The polar vortex will cause depletion of many of our Northern cities as people decide to move South where its warmer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L_861us8D9M
lawfulpath.com/ref/sw4qw/index.shtml#four
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age
youtu.be/Wh7zIeXI6XM
youtube.com/watch?v=9_WHQkPrhjg
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S092181810200070X
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2001RG000105/abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>90k winds on my little leaf city

Fuck roofing in this.

Bet the whales and other fish are comfy AF even though we died

>THE WEATHER IS DOING A THING
>THIS IS CLEARLY THE WORK OF MAN-MADE CLIMATE CHANGE!

A polar future would be comfy as fuck.

*sips cocoa*

>Polar vortexes were never a thing before 2014, most people didn't even know what a polar vortex was before then.

Did no-one see The Day After Tomorrow?

>Global warming is making everything super cold and icy.

My body is ready.

GUYS FOR REAL THIS TIME WE'RE ALL GONNA FREEZE TO DEATH CAUSE IT'S GETTING COLDER

ALSO EVERYTHING IS GETTING WARMER, EVERYTHING WILL FLOOD TOO

Fucking NUTS how those Mammoths caused the second ice age with their heavy trucks and cars.

>Polar vortexes were never a thing before 2014
Yeah it was never cold in the winter before.

witness folks, a genuine retard

Quite literally what is happening. Climate is a complex global system

Hope it blows some polar winds this way, haven't had proper snow for a good 7 or 8 years.

Our ancestors wouldn't have built such large cities in the North if they knew it would be this cold in the winter this consistently.

This isn't sustainable to have large cities like Chicago and New York in places where the Polar Vortex strikes so consistently.

>Quite literally what is happening. Climate is a complex global system

>heat makes things cold
>its just too complex you can't understand it

Yeah that's why I keep my popsicles in the oven you fucking leaf

please save us al gore

>unseasonably icy
>winter

>Implying the Polar Vortex isn't cozy as fuck

If only the world's largest polluters would stop polluting.

Oh well.

Witness folks, a genuine retard

Sounds nice

Which places are gonna get fucked over by extreme ice? Maybe Seattle will freeze over and die?

I'm in northern Michigan. It's not that big of a deal. Helps kill off the old, weak, and stupid. Plus, niggers hate it.

This happened in the past. It was called the Little Ice Age. It's happening again, but now it's global warming. Shove your politcally motivated fucking shit down your goddamn throat and kill yourself. People aren't going to buy the lie forever. You are going to exposed, and everything will unravel. Mark my words.

>tfw I live in Arizona
>tfw I'm fine
Comfy af senpaitachi.

Anyways, I'm looking to buy land in Nome and Barrow for when they become habitable due to global warming. I'm going to rake in billions as I develop some dope ass harbors and storage there. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank as all the Wojaks in California and New York cry impotent tears of rage as their fag cities flood.

how about this:

you come back after getting china to stop being responsible for 90+ percent of the worlds pollution so that something/anything done in america actually has any effect.

THANK YOU WINTERCHAN!
May the monkeys freeze to death

you fucking nigger. there were continent sized glaciers that carved the landscape all the way down to the equator. get that "this is the first time EVAR" retarded bullshit out of here.

It was -24F here. Out of curiosity I looked up record lows, same deal all the way back to the 40s. The McRib is back, folks!

Not while humans lived in North America. It receded before 10,000 BC when people came over here.

How about we just invade China and use our missile defense systems stationed in Seoul, Kyoto, and Tokyo to detonate the oncoming nukes over China?

>implying this is a bad thing
Winterchan will be my gf

thank you for helping my point user

That's just supporting the point about glaciers.
We already had a little Ice Age and a medieval Warm Period as well some centuries back. Look that shit up.

Ice is the white mans ally. Polar vortices are heading south to freeze the shitskins invading europe.

Thats because it was called a dip in the jet stream or a cold snap.

>my city toronto is being btfo'd right now because of this

bull fucking shit

Goddmanit, does this mean that we are gonna have another brutal winter?

It's like these people never lived through the 70's youtu.be/L_861us8D9M

Does this mean day after tomorrow?

It's already 3F in central Ohio and headed below zero by morning with negative teens wind chills. Fuck this sucks balls.

Thank goodness I have propane coming tomorrow.

>heat makes things cold
Did you even read OP? Believe it or not the climate is a little more complex than your oven
>Scientists theorize that the polar vortex is happening because of climate change, and warm air pushing the cold air trapped in the Arctic circle further South.

>little vortices of cold air spiral out of the polar vortex and bring unseasonably icy weather further south.
Yes, please.

>this hasn't happened in 200 years
>must be man-made for sure

I think it's funny that people think that humans are such a force on the planet.

Is this how the climate change pussies are explaining unseasonably cold temperatures now?
>muh climate change
>it's -20 outside
>oh it's cold because global warming

>in winter it gets cold due to the rotation and tip of the planet
>OMG Global warming!!##!!

Seriously liberals?

>must be man-made for sure
Its explained in OP how its thought to be man made

>Is this how the climate change pussies are explaining unseasonably cold temperatures now?
Unreasonably low temperatures in your city are already explained by the fact that its one city

Nah dude. It used to get waaaaay colder than this all the time. Usually in November.

>666777
PRAISE HIM

It does not. If anything, this supports the idea that the planet naturally balances itself since there seems like there might be a relation between how stable the vortex is and how much ice there is.

we're white we can handle it

LET IT SNOW

LET IT SNOW

>Unseasonably icy

It's called winter for a reason you whining faggots

>It does not
>Scientists theorize that the polar vortex is happening because of climate change, and warm air pushing the cold air trapped in the Arctic circle further South

>supports the idea that the planet naturally balances itself
Not really, whilst North america records lower temperatures the arctic will just begin to record higher temperatures, overall heat content is still increasing.

>might be a relation between how stable the vortex is and how much ice there is
I wonder what caused that ice to melt

I thought Europe was supposed to get the polar vortices this year, and the midwest was to be snowy.

We had freezing rain all weekend, and now it's bitchass cold with below zero windchills. Sheeeeit!

Mankind cannot figure out how to cure cancer, or even how our own minds a mass of biological matter and flesh produce thought and intellect...
And there are clowns out there that think they will cure the earth? bahahahahaha, sorry mates i just gotta laugh. Fixing global warning has to be on of the greatest scams to have ever existed. You might can stop further damage, but you are a bit gullible to think it can be cured and fixed. The damage is done and the only thing that will fix it is natures own natural process.

Obligatory bump

Fellow leaf roofer Im in Vancouver doing torch on

Cleveland here. Same stuff.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Nice pic of literally down the road from me

Who ready for the next Maunder Minimum?

Btw the Dalton minimum was when the Dickensian winters occured.

>you have Costa Rican blood, which means any thing too hot or cold means you feel like shit
>cold front coming through NY after it being 60 on sunday
>wanna die

Its not a polar vortex the sun is going into a grand solar minimum

Little ice age 2 : electric boogaloo

I don't know what it is about threads on global warming and climate change that makes most of Sup Forums suddenly become so immature.

We have good discussions on many other subjects. But when it comes to climate change, all hell breaks loose and only a handful of posts in the thread have anything to do with science or even opinions.

A lot of right wingers just find it fashionable to attack climate change science and people who believe in it.

Well the Papacy didn't get 1 billion followers by telling them they can't save their souls, sure the Inquisition helped a bit but it was mostly the honey. Like any religion, the new age AGW religion appeals to religious tendencies in all people but this time you can save not just your fossil fuel stained carbon soul but the entire earth!

Fossil fuels will of course burn until they cannot be recovered efficiently, EROEI less than 1. The only question remaining is who will control those remaining reserves and how?
>Energy is recognized as the key to all activity on earth. Natural science is the study of the sources and control of natural energy, and social science, theoretically expressed as economics, is the study of the sources and control of social energy. Both are bookkeeping systems: mathematics. Therefore, mathematics is the primary energy science. And the bookkeeper can be king if the public can be kept ignorant of the methodology of the bookkeeping.

>All science is merely a means to an end. The means is knowledge. The end is control. Beyond this remains only one issue: Who will be the beneficiary?

>In 1954 this was the issue of primary concern. Although the so-called "moral issues" were raised, in view of the law of natural selection it was agreed that a nation or world of people who will not use their intelligence are no better than animals who do not have intelligence. Such people are beasts of burden and steaks on the table by choice and consent.

>steaks on the table by choice and consent
lawfulpath.com/ref/sw4qw/index.shtml#four

How have no poltards heard of climategate?

Call me when you get a complete understanding of climate changes. You do know a single volcanic eruption does more to the air than a year of out cars and shit right? Our effect is so minimal. And here we are with this NEWJEW term for global warming, UHH IT GETS REALLY COLD U GUISE NOT REALLY HOT. Go fuck your self, as long as we avoid venus style greenhouse effect we live. Beyond that we won't be living on this planet too much longer. So who cares. we got millions more to fuck over and learn from.

The polar vortex was first described as early as 1853.

Also this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

Holy kek

Let it snow

You need to look into the ippc a bit closer there lad

RANDALL CARLSON
A
N
D
A
L
L

C
A
R
L
S
O
N

If you want to get educated, research Randall Carlson.
Start with this
youtu.be/Wh7zIeXI6XM

I want a blizzard without end, people freezing in their houses buried under massive snow drifts.

We had a little blizzard last week and the driving conditions were terrible and it was a total white out. 3 people died. I'm not satisfied.

youtube.com/watch?v=9_WHQkPrhjg

>The polar vortex will cause depletion of many of our Northern cities as people decide to move South where its warmer.

You mean it will make all the blacks and mexicans move south. North wins again.

>You do know a single volcanic eruption does more to the air than a year of out cars and shit right?
We put out 100 times more CO2 a year than volcanoes

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S092181810200070X
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2001RG000105/abstract

Even if Canada and the US completely ended their output of pollution, there's still no way in hell China is ever going to stop.

Winters were colder before 1900 faggot. NYC froze over a lot back then you could walk between the islands.

almost forgot

LET IT SNOW

LET IT SNOW

LET IT SNOW

>C02 is the only gas that matters
lel

*CO2, fuck the O is right bellow my 0

Am I the only one excited by the prospect of having to learn winter survival techniques?

lmfao you do realise volcanoes have a net cooling effect don't you? CO2 is actually one of the gases they output which causes warming

Lots of people will die. Funny enough, this may take care of the Arab and nigger problems. But, not with out some struggle first.

Did you read a 'self-help' book about a rhinocerous vs. cows when you were younger?

A-are we experiencing the event that lead us to the setting for Battlefield 2142???

>when it's cold
>that proves global warming
>because colder temperatures means less places are cold
>but when more places are cold that means we're more warm

THIS IS WHY NO ONE BELIEVES YOUR GAY PSEUDOSCIENCE

Let it snow

Wasn't Winter-chan a 2014 meme?

God I hope so. Fighting on (and escaping off of) those titans were some of the most fun moments I have experienced in gaming.

Oregonian here.
We had this shit for like 5 days and now its gone after one morning of rain.

Who gives a shit.
Shit changes.

LET IT SNOW

WHITE XMAS FOR KIWIS WHEN

The polar vortex isn't even in Oregon. Its mostly in the upper Midwest.

It's from 2015, when Sup Forums was watching the biggest hordes of refugees come to Europe.

let it snow

If you were there was something about quantum physics that seemed like it didn't add up to you would your first reaction be to accuse quantum physics of being pseudoscience or would you just assumed that physicists knew something that you currently didn't?

>because colder temperatures means less places are cold
>but when more places are cold that means we're more warm
Believe it or not but the climate is a highly complex system and changes in the earths atmospheric temperature don't affect all areas of the earth in the same way.
>Scientists theorize that the polar vortex is happening because of climate change, and warm air pushing the cold air trapped in the Arctic circle further South.

>If you were there was something about quantum physics that seemed like it didn't add up to you would your first reaction be to accuse quantum physics of being pseudoscience or would you just assumed that physicists knew something that you currently didn't?
My first reaction? I don't know, but Einstein's first reaction was to say that God does not play dice.

>Believe it or not but the climate is a highly complex system and changes in the earths atmospheric temperature don't affect all areas of the earth in the same way.
So complex they can't model it accurately. That doesn't stop them from calling everything global warming, though.

Especially global cooling.

>My first reaction? I don't know
wtf do you mean its a pretty simple question. Do you assume you don't know everything about the theory and evidence or do you assume its all incorrect?

>So complex they can't model it accurately.
uh huh

Well, no one needs to lie about quantum mechanics, but global warming alarmists are known to do that.

No one ever needed to politicize quantum mechanics, either.