Pros and cons of converting to Judisim? Figured this be the place to ask. Seriously considering converting

Pros and cons of converting to Judisim? Figured this be the place to ask. Seriously considering converting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EgcrtvomXoI
youtu.be/-leWJ84EUns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ideology
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion
amazon.com/Contemporary-Torah-Gender-sensitive-Adaptation-Translation/dp/0827607962
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pros: first post
cons: best post

Jew here,
don't do it, you will never fully be accepted. It's like weebs moving to japan. You can study the talmud, wear tefillin, keep kosher, but at the end of the day, you're still a filthy goyim.

Fucking shit posting vandal, get out of my house.

I know I will always be a half blood. But your people and culture are beautiful.

:3
feels good being chosen

Well two questions are why are you considering converting and what denomination are you considering converting with?

That's true. You'll never be a real Jew.

Plus it's culturally hell and you have to get your penis cut apart.

Pros: tricking the goyim, promoting race mixing, get rich

Cons: chop of your Weiner, everyone hates you, have to wear a gay hat

You *were* chosen. That was before you turned into a horde of corrupt liberal Goldburgs.

>nationalism rising across the west >kikes losing control of their scheme for a multicultural utopia
>Final Final Solution just around the corner

You want to convert now? If you want to die just man up and do it yourself.

If someone completely removed from Jewish culture, like an Austrailian Aboriginal, converted to Judaism, how would Jews treat him?

You can only be Jewish if you sucked on a Jewish tit at birth. I'm not making this shit up.

BDE, faggot

Don't forget that gay goldilocks reimu hair some Jews have

youtube.com/watch?v=EgcrtvomXoI

Kek wills it

>really think they're still the chosen ones.
>completely reject the New Testament

Good luck with that Shekelburg.

Depends on the Jews in question.

The Torah dictates that a true convert is as much a Jew as a born Jew. The idea is that anyone who converts must have been born with a Jewish soul. So from a theological point of view it's more like discovering your innate Jewishness than 'becoming Jewish'.

Treating converts well is a mitzvah.

However there are many branches of Judaism and they each interpret the religious law slightly differently and vary in how observant they are.

Also, some Jews are just assholes even if it doesn't make sense within the framework of the religion.

>Implying NT isn't just as much bullshit as OT.

Gimme a fucking break, christfag.

>Jewish people
>Jewish culture
>Beautiful

Not true

>Jewish people are beautiful
sometimes are

>their culture is beautiful
it's a literal victimhood culture spanning thousands of years complimented by usury and supremacist attitudes.

That's a really unaesthetic get.

>Spawn the greatest lie ever known to man

>Beautiful

Don't waste your time unless it's orthodox. Everything else is just a mouthpiece of the left. If your conversion is not recognized in Israel, it's worthless.

Yes it is. Show me a source that shows otherwise. Jews do not accept anyone as a true Jew unless they have a Jewish mother. That is a fact.

Yes please do, we'd like to get rid of you traitor. You probably just want have sex with little kids.

try it out first
rent one
maybe you'll just be jewish and not a jew

How much does it cost to have a Jew clean up my place without stealing anything?

I was asking the OP about his own intentions for conversion, not questioning for myself.

But I agree with you as it happens.

היית בישראל?

>saying this and then getting satan quads

Kek confirms.

They'll never accept you, no matter how hard you try. You're always going to be a dirty goy.

You'll be an outcast that they'll merely tolerate.

I'm pretty sure quite a few Nazis were actually chrisfags.

Let me ask you a question.

What makes an old "pagan" god like Thor any less real than the current Judeo-Christian-Islamic one?

You're too stupid to understand if we tried to explain it.

Soooo.... You don't have a legitimate answer?

Got it.

I don't think you should convert until you understand how tribal they are.

Jews are discusting deceivers that see everyone who isn't a jew as a lowlife slave.
youtu.be/-leWJ84EUns
vid related

Who the fuck said I was converting to anything?

What kind of source would you like? Numbers 9:14 mentions converts in regards to halakha.

9:14 If a proselyte joins you, he must also prepare God's Passover offering, presenting it according to the rules and laws governing the Passover offering. There shall thus be a single law for [all of] you, the proselyte and native born [alike].

The vast majority of practicing Rabbi also run conversion classes for prospective converts.

One of the main duties of a Beis Din is to preside over conversions, testing converts to validate them in accordance with the law.

Another thing is the recent controversy in Israel about the validity of non-orthodox conversions. The Rabbinate is very strict on the subject of which conversions are valid for the sake of making Aliyah.

Do Jews still kill people for working, eating, bathing, chopping wood etc. on the Sabbath?

If they don't, they're being bad Jews.

pros: your kids will be raised with a leaning towards intellectualism versus television type,

cons:you'll have to become obsessively trying to secure your survival in a delusional way if you are to be accepted.
your kids, if married to a jew, have a higher chance for mental illness.
It'll take many generations to be accepted by the faith completely
if you care about moral integrity, know that you're spitting on your ancestors and your children

>implying 75% of american men already don't

Judaism isn't an ideology you fucking mook.

"the jew in you"

Fucking kek. You guys are a great. Just highlight the fact that Jew is always a joke in connotation.

"the cunt faggot who everybody doesn't like for good reason in you"

What is it then?

potato tomato

Halakhic capital punishment is a really interesting and complex thing and there are a lot of good sources online if you're interested.

But to answer your question in short, no.
Capital punishment under Jewish law must be handed down by a Sanhedrin, which is essentially a grand court in Judaism.

There hasn't been a Sanhedrin for at least a thousand years or longer depending on who you ask. Because of this capital punishment can't be handed down and arguably no Jewish legal rulings are truly valid depending on your point of view.

Bear in mind that the current culture of Judaism with Rabbis and synagogues managing scattered Jewish communities is entirely a product of the destruction of the second temple and the ruin of biblical Israel.

Before the second temple was destroyed Judaism was a much different religion, with a centralised priesthood based within the second temple and even a ruling monarchy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

can't argue with this shitpost

>Religions aren't ideologies

>Wikipedia told me so!

Fuck off.

depends on what type of jews, your congregation, the people in the community, the rabbis attitude, if it was for marriage, if the guy fits in and they think he's honest and not trying to be a weirdo for jew gold or something.

You wont like going to services. Shits in hebrew, its like 90% families with kids and old people.

If you want to convert, your only real option is reform unless you have a shitload of money and time to blow to do an orthodox conversion then stay ortho (who will marry you to a convert so if your marriage fucks up you dont fuck up the community), or you'll kick down to a conservative synagogue.

At the end of the day, it's a retarded amount of work to join a community.

Just noahdie it the fuck up or something. I thought about it for the community and the religion but at the end of the day, I'm an INTP who's going to live inside my own head regardless so it's a waste of time.

them quads bruh

So... The Jews could change the irreversible word of God whenever they felt like it?

Really makes your noggin squirm..

>INTP
same with the rest of Sup Forums

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ideology

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion

I was certain you'd say something stupid like that. So here, merriam-webster, and EVERY OTHER INTELLIGENT SOURCE AVAILABLE will tell you the same thing. You are fucking retard.

too true

Religion: set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

Ideology: a systematic body of concepts especially about human life or culture a manner or the content of thinking characteristic of an individual, group, or culture.

I just hope you realize that you are literally acting smug about calling a potato a potatoe.

> Religion: the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

> ideology: visionary theorizing

One of these denotes faith, the other denote rationale.
You don't have faith in an ideology. That is THE dividing line between the two. its why we have two different words for them. They do not mean the same thing. They are not interchangeable.

You are a potato. I mean that as an insult, as in you have the iq of a spud. which is to say none at all. you fucking retard.

>You don't have faith in an ideology

Now it's my turn to post a smug laughing face.

Orthodox Jew here, it really depends on what you want.

The cons are that to do a genuine Orthodox conversion is extremely difficult; as a Jew in the faith you're accepted by obligation. I.e., you're family whether we like it or not. If you're a convert, you will be forced into doing all of the Jewish laws to show that your passion is genuine

The reason you should be doing this is because you want a closer relationship with hashem and that you are a Jew of spirit. So, the pro is that you can learn more about your relationship to hashem.
This isn't really true if you do a conversion in an Orthodox fashion; 99% of Jews will accept you as a genuine Jew. Besides, if you adopt a new name, at what point would someone know that you weren't born Jewish?

amazon.com/Contemporary-Torah-Gender-sensitive-Adaptation-Translation/dp/0827607962

The fuck are you reading?

Why join jewish community when you could go on wall-street and become a quant.

It's a very complex situation politically and theologically.

The Torah comes in two parts, Torah Shebichtav, the written law which is the Tanach. And the Torah Sheba'al Peh, the oral law.
The oral Torah was originally passed down verbally from father to son.

After the destruction of the second temple and the beginning of the current exile existence of the Jews there was a fear that the Torah Sheba'al Peh was in danger of being lost so Rabbenu Hakadosh assembled the foremost scholars of his time and they transcribed it, this transcription is referred to as the Mishnah Torah.

There is an argument to be made that the authenticity of the Mishnah Torah can never be truly verified, it may differ from the Torah Sheba'al Peh and we would never know.

Add to this the Talmud, which is incredibly complex in it's own right but can be very roughly summed up as a two thousand year old legal document of Torah commentaries from esteemed historical Rabbi's.

A big part of Jewish culture is a never-ending debate between Rabbi over interpretation of the Torah and it's application to Jewish life.

So really, what is the law as we know it? Is it still the true and sacred word of god? Is it an imperfect record handed down incomplete? Is it simply an evolving cultural document? Depends which jews you ask.

If you ask the orthodox then the Torah we know now is the same perfect Law handed down to Moses from HaShem and any doubt of the legitimacy is forbidden.

TL;DR kys your a numale pol/ite.

Difference is you are still retarded. And you still equate religious faith and institionalized practice with ideological thinking on various manners of human existence.

You are pol-lite, you are the type of pseudo intellectual that probably listens to podcasts, watches documentaries, and absorbs their understanding of the world through audio visual mediums without full or even partially grasping the foundations and bedrock ideas that actually impart intelligence. You are also the type of person who argues from a position of inferior knowledge on a subject they clearly barely grasp.

Case in point my smugness is legit, yours is just a facade.

So what you're saying is documentaries are bad?

Religion is almost entirely philosophical, shithead.

Look up the word in the same dictionary you've been posting and you'll get this:

philosophy
noun
Synonyms and Antonyms of philosophy

The basic beliefs or guiding principles of a person or group

Synonyms credo, doctrine, dogma, gospel, ideology (also idealogy), creed, testamentRelated Words manifesto; metaphysic, theory; axiom, tenet, watchword

Did yah see that? see how ideology is one of philosophy's Synonyms?

I take it that English isn't your first language? : )

What Does IDEOLOGY Mean?

Ideology has been in use in English since the end of the 18th century and is one of the few words whose coiner we can identify. The French writer A. L. C. Destutt de Tracy proposed it as a term to designate the “science of ideas,” and in that sense the word was quickly borrowed into English. Though ideology originated as a serious philosophical term, within a few decades it took on connotations of impracticality thanks to Napoleon, who used it in a derisive manner. Today, the word most often refers to “a systematic body of concepts,” especially those of a particular group or political party.

>>Today, the word most often refers to “a systematic body of concepts,” especially those of a particular group or political party.

It's not exclusively for politics. It can fit the definition of a religious group as well.

Religions ARE ideologies philosophical ideologies.

You are in all actuality, the retard here.