Canadian philosopher says sports players are FAGGOTS

Sports nuts BTFO - in his essay "Outta My Endzone: Sport and the Territorial Anus," Dr. Brian Pronger of the University of Toronto describes how the point of men's sports is homosexual lust without the stigma of gayness:

Paper abstract:

jss.sagepub.com/content/23/4/373.abstract

Some quotes from the paper:

>I will argue that competitive sport... is embedded in the masculine colonizing will to conquer the space of an "other" while simultaneously protectively enclosing the space of the self... In sex, it shows in the desire to penetrate the holes of others and the desire to resist having the same happen to oneself.

>The practice of competitive sport itself can have homoerotic dimensions: the contact of the playing field, the spectacle of the partially clad body, the steamy environment of the showers and locker room...

I argued that men's sport allows men and boys to exclude women and girls from their all-male environments, permits them to play with each other's bodies, to surround themselves with naked men in the showers and locker cooms, to enjoy that all-male contact, without suffering the vilification that usually comes from the open acknowledgment and pursuit of masculine erotic contact, the stigma of "being homosexual.

>In other words, the homophobia of competitive sport allows men to play with each other's bodies and still preserve their patriarchal heterosexist hegemony; they can have their (beef) cake and eat it, too."

>It goes without saying that a limp, shriveled penis is not effective in simulating the domineering masculine organization of desire. Given that no penis can live up to its phallic boast, no matter how swollen it gets, phallocentrism finds other ways to territorialize the body: innocuously, possibly, in body building, and more despotically in the territorial violence of warfare and competitive sport, for instance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/04wyGK6k6HE
youtube.com/watch?v=wDiZcT3sB-w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Projection: The Book.

>Less boastful than the phallus, perhaps because of its embarrassing vulnerability or even more terrifying potential openness, is the phallus's companion, the protective side of phallic desire, the side than can repel or admit others into the space carved out by phallic aggression.

>The simulacrum of this other side of phallic desire, I suggest is the asshole. It is the tightly closed orifice of the phallic conqueror, as well as the (perhaps) reluctantly opened orifice of the phalically conquered. Masculine desire is thus produced in the play of the phallus and asshole.

>It stimulates desire as both homoerotic and homophobic: homoerotic in its preoccupation with phallic intent, homophobic in its resistance to penetration."

>Since one's participation in competition indicates one's commitment to phallic potency and one's defeat shows one's anal vulnerability and therefore phallic impotence, there is humiliation in defeat, in being penetrated by one's competitor.

>When, in the context of the philosophy of the limit, we consider the conventional pleasures of sport...we see the simulation of desire in the territorial project that transforms the puissance of the human connection into a pouvoir of dominance and submission. Competitive sport, therefore is a profoundly unethical way to organize desire.

I have never connected my love of sports to sexuality. This must be how the world looks through a gay lens.

> Canadian philosopher
> Canadian

There's your problem

>some dumb nerd with asthma wants to tell me why I play sports

This guy is a professional philosopher. He has studied this stuff for years. He knows what he's talking about.

His first book on this subject - 1990's "The Arena of Masculinity: Sports, Homosexuality, and the Meaning of Sex" - is considered a classic in the field of queer sports philosophy.

>Toronto
No surprise there

Of course someone from Toronto would try to make something look gay

>from Toronto
>Someone who knows what they're talking about

Pick one

UT is one of the top schools in North America. That's just a fact.

lmao'd

Almost all their research especially on social subjects is total bullshit

You have to remember it's Toronto the source of all of Canada's degeneracy where all Canadian SJWs are from the place that is always trying to use propaganda to turn the rest of us. What makes you think this is truthful at all?

>professional philosopher

By homosexuality, does it mean that you want to fuck your bro or just blow him?

It's true. I got a PhD in Intersectional Degeneracy Studies from the University of Toronto; it was a very enlightening experience.

what the fuck do people actually think goes down in "steamy" locker rooms? we're getting our equipment on or off, not sitting in each other's laps and waving our dicks around

>Canadian philosopher

>Dr. Donger

>Canadian philosophers

>University of Toronto
cmon OP, don't be a faggot.

jordan peterson is canadian and he's based as heck

not really a philosopher per se but a psychologist or w/e

>professional philosopher.

>Canadian intellectuals

They really should have just stopped at stoicism.

>leaf

canada has lots of intellectuals you just need to listen to them

youtu.be/04wyGK6k6HE

he'll change your worldview

A FUCKING LEAF

He's a clinical psych. In other words, real data-based.

Techniclaly any PhD is supposed to be a philosopher, but most couldn't defend the validity of their methodology if you put a gun to their head

>leaf
>A FUCKING LEAF

muh leaf meme

>Dr. Brian Pronger of the University of Toronto describes how the point of men's sports is homosexual lust without the stigma of gayness
Let me rewrite that for you
>Dr. Brian Pronger of the University of Toronto, bullied by jocks in high school for being a turbo-nerd, describes his latent homo-erotic fantasies of being "bullied" in the showers by a bunch of fit, young, muscular, sweaty men

This guy shouldn't be invited to a super bowl party

Yes, few will be spared the rake

I started reading pic related but couldn't finish. Shit book.

... I have to read this fucking book

>burger

Funny because your pic looks more like an American: fat dirty and too lazy to even shave his neck hairs

I've always thought it was more like sex itself rather being homoerotic.

Faggot professor injecting his own faggotry onto sports.

>You're in the local fitness club locker room, when this guy (Brian Pronger) approaches your naked battle buddy, smacks his ass, and says "you're probably both gay." Before storming out of the steamy locker room without changing out of his gym clothes
What do you do?

I've said this for over 15 years

>says a Canadian closet faggot
Gtfo

>Toronto
>homo erotic fantasies about being bullied

Sounds believable

Also this is now a Toronto hate thread

And I've said Toronto along with all it's faggots should be nuked from orbit for 20 years

>smallest plates on the inside
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this is pure propaganda. the goal of this is to turn guys gay. Basically you're a normal dude then you go to college and learn about this and in your quest to be smart and stretch your mind you begin to contemplate reality from the perspective of the author.

pretty soon you're sitting in the shower room thinking faggoty thoughts just because you think it's smart.

This is as intellectual as saying everyone who dislikes gays are closeted homo's.

>professional philosopher

A lot of mad fags in this thread. You've been exposed homo's, deal wit it

Sportscucks are bad
youtube.com/watch?v=wDiZcT3sB-w

who would ever arrange the plates like this? wtf

Most sports are pretty gay, yeah. Dudes patting each others' asses a little too much for any sane man's taste.

>UT psychology professor
>not jordan peterson

who cares

Crucifix motif doesn't work the other way because he can't drape his hand over a large plate.
Dumb reason, but that's why.

>the field of queer sports philosophy

There is more than one work on this "subject"?