To Mormon or not to Mormon

>in b4 your a chink
>user is white expat temporarily living in Hong Kong

Ok so here is the deal, I haven't taken the red pill and gone full Christian. I believe in God but i'm not to absolutist in my views. So I have been looking at what faith (sect or denomination) has the most to offer me, I know Mormonism is whack... however they seem to be super red pilled. I am intending on moving back home (US) soon.

So here are what I see as pro's for mormons
- 1. Strong church culture
- 2. Conservative People
-3. Nice people
-4. More likely to be successful than average Americans
- 5. Hot girls/ hot wife/ virgin
-6. Steadfast in their beliefs.
+ there are quite a few other pros

Con's
1. Tithing
2. Long church service
+ More

Help me out bro's what do you think?
Should I become a Mormon

As an ex-mormon I can assure that it's not all it's cracked up to be. There's a lot of backbiting and favoritism in the church.

Also, you should seriously look into the doctrine. It's fucking weird.

I've been investigating their doctrine it is fucking crazy, that is for sure but then again alot of religious doctrines are crazy... i.e jonah and the whale... I for sure recognize that mormon docrtine is way out there on the whack job scale

Why did you leave?

It s a con. It was invented by a serial con man with masonic ties.
The whole reading gold tablet from a ha should really trigger your disbelief

I'd said no. Joseph Smith was nothing short of a conman seeking power. While Mormonism is filled with incredibly decent people, it's built on lies.

If you get involved with the church, prepare to be bugged and followed for many years.
I got sick and tired of dealing with all of the shitty, fake people. Researching the doctrine didn't hurt though.

> for the record I don't believe in it

And your religous beliefs now are?

I'm nonreligious as of now. I'm sort of just living my life, trying to survive and be kind to people.

Read the Book of Mormon, talk to missionaries, pray about it, etc. Come to your own conclusions
>shitty, fake people
seems like most people who leave the church do so because of the members rather than the doctrine. sorry friend, we are imperfect

Fair enough, are you from Utah or a heavily Lds town? Would you advise against raising kids in the faith? I.e I don't believe but think it is good structure for a family

So your a legit Mormon?

Oh, I'm no fan of the doctrine either. To me it seems ludicrous. But if it helps people be good to others, I see no harm in it.

The choice is yours, but I'd advise against it. Mormons all being well structured and perfect is just a meme. Many of them keep a bland, safe facade. Some of them are goddamned lunatics if you actually get involved in the church.

Well I appreciate your advice

I'm in Utah. I would definitely raise kids in the faith, they learn good Christian principles in sunday school and can bond with the community.
Yeah.
fair enough.

Thing about Mormonism is converts/ guys who didn't go on missions don't get the same respect with the ladies.

My sisters were raised to NEVER marry a guy who didn't return from his mission with honor.

You're probably better off joining one of the more casual denominations, like Methodists. It's a lot easier to back out if you don't like it.

There are scenarios where I would convert to the Church of Latter Day Saints. It's no goofier than other religious. Most of those scenarios revolve around a gorgeous red-pilled Mormon girl with a hairy, smelly hatchet wound that she loves me dicking deep on a nightly basis.

As opposed to me, who left Mormonism while on my mission and it had everything to do with the doctrine.

Build a personal relationship with god.

Remember that churches are man made and jesus protested them during his time.

With all the corruption we see in institutional religion today I felt it was better to worship in my own way. I maintain the traditions that my family taught me but I don't associate the rituals with a church/denomination anymore.

I found it quite liberating. Just my 2c.

Good luck in your search user.

Don't kid yourself. You'd end up on a mission in Africa giving head to pirates.

>Thing about Mormonism is converts/ guys who didn't go on missions don't get the same respect with the ladies

> Your thoughts?

I've heard other members say that sort of thing, but church leaders and most members in my experience say it isn't a huge deal.
I had to return early from my mission because of health problems but I haven't had social problems because of it

what happened?

I was a complete cuck athiest from 14-22, I now believe in God, Not `100% on Jesus. I just am mainly looking for the best enviroment for my future family ect.

Nothing wrong with being a nonbeliever, user. It all just depends on what works for you and makes you a more functional person.

That being said, I'm glad you've found your way.

This. Read Kierkegaard and Jung, find God within you and liberate yourself.

Returning for medical reasons is still honorable, sure. But the whole thing is a right of passage that's pretty much required to get into any leadership position. Really, I could go on about how the whole experience is a form of conditioning to sort out who is most serving to the brotherhood (not god) but its going to be lost on you.
You actually enjoy being a sheep.