President Obama just granted 231 pardons and commutations – the most ever in a single day

>President Barack Obama pardoned 78 people and shortened the sentences of 153 others convicted of federal crimes on Monday – the most individual clemencies ever granted in a single day by any president. As he nears the end of his second term, Obama has issued more commutations than the previous 11 presidents combined, according to the White House.

>Of the people granted clemency on Monday, 54 were serving life sentences. In the last months of Obama’s presidency, administration officials have moved quickly to rule on all the pending clemency applications. The president will continue to review clemency applications, and is expected to grant more pardons and commutations before he leaves office, Eggleston said.

>Obama has used his constitutional clemency power to reduce the sentences of 1,176 people since he has been in office, according to the White House. About a third of them, 395 people, were serving life sentences. The previous single-day record of 151 commutations was set by Franklin Roosevelt in 1935. Monday’s announcement doubles the number of pardons granted by Obama to 148 people.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article121824148.html
whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/12/19/president-obama-grants-153-commutations-and-78-pardons-individuals-deserving-second
washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/12/19/obama-pardoned-more-than-70-inmates-here-are-their-names/?utm_term=.3868b014dd54
us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/12/president-obama-s-christmas-pardon-for-importer-of-illegal-wildife-001340795.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obama is the biggest piece of shit President we've ever had.

FFS his entire job was to ENFORCE the laws of the land, he was a constitutional lawyer and has ignored the constitution, worked to get rid of the 2nd amendment, stopping ICE from doing their jobs, making the FBI lie about crime statistics. What a fucking piece of human shit.

Muh legacy

This was one of his legacy agendas right? I remember a vice interview where he is hanging out with some inmates or some shit

Forgot source
>mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article121824148.html

Who received the pardons?

The number doesn't matter. The people do.

>Who received the pardons?
Murderers, thieves and rapists deemed worthy of a second chance
Pic related

Source on that? I checked and I didn't see anything.

I don't see anything wrong. A lot of people that shouldn't be in jail are stuck in there. If he was actually releasing people to incite chaos, or releasing corrupt friends then I would be concerned. I don't think you have an argument with this.

You could maybe argue that it is morally wrong for the state to grant clemency as a way of appearing benevolent when it's state policies that lock people up.

My first thought is that he is pardoning a large amount of people to sneak by undetected a few pardons to questionable political allies.

So 230 pardons in a day?

Obama doesn't even read the documents, he just rubberstamps them.

>Source on that?
>whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/12/19/president-obama-grants-153-commutations-and-78-pardons-individuals-deserving-second

Was Hilldog on that list?

My God I think the leaf has a point.

Is that before he forges them, or afterwards?

>washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/12/19/obama-pardoned-more-than-70-inmates-here-are-their-names/?utm_term=.3868b014dd54
Here's some their names

fucking illuminati scum!
when I'm president I will execute more people then the entire history of this country

You have my vote

Wait, why did one of them end up in Taiwan?

>Using a side by side for target practice
>Not the superior over-under

This should not bother me as much as it does.

He's creating an army. Putting dangerous people back on the streets that owe him their lives and then using/blackmailing them to attack whites and Trump supporters for him

KEK

I'd vote for you

Yes, an illegal tortoise collector would surely be easily controlled by blackmail.

us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/12/president-obama-s-christmas-pardon-for-importer-of-illegal-wildife-001340795.html

He mixing in the dangerous with swathes of normal people

fucking faggot is putting us at risk just letting all the nogs in prison for murder out

this

231 were black

>whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/12/19/president-obama-grants-153-commutations-and-78-pardons-individuals-deserving-second

Literally says nothing about what crimes they committed

I'm guessing most of them are drug users

He needs soldiers out on the street for the upcoming race war.

hmm, what if this is an attempt to win over the Jeb! cucks?

*votes*

Sounds like he fled.

So what crimes did they commit? There a list somewhere? What a fucking faggot President, he's intentionally harming the people who abide by the law

black drug dealers

he's pardoned over 1100

"a second chance"

> Theresa Marie Bishop, a.k.a. Teresa Clark — Pittsburgh
>Offense: Knowingly disposing of a firearm to a person convicted of a crime punishable by a term of imprisonment exceeding one year (three counts); falsification of firearms purchase forms (two counts) (Western District of Pennsylvania)
>Sentence: Three years’ probation, conditioned upon one year of home detention (December 8, 2006)

>Tavia Dion Blume — Snohomish, Wash.
>Offense: Possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute; use of a firearm in relation to a drug trafficking offense (District of Montana)
>Sentence: 42 months’ imprisonment; three years’ supervised release (May 21, 1999) (as amended July 12, 1999)

Hur dur but muh gun control, think of the children

1 white, 2 spic and 3 niggs. Sound about right on crime statics.

its ok
they will be in jail after 1-2 months anyway

>This should not bother me as much as it does.

If your hunting shotgun is side by side instead of over under you probably should practice with it. I just don't see a reason why anyone would want s-b-s over o-u, unless it is a gift or inherited.

>release criminals before leaving office
>crime surges after leaving office
>Trump made us less safe goyim teehee

that lucky tioken white

Is there list of who were given pardons or commutations and what they did convicted for? Also why did they get pardoned for?

There are occasionally good reasons to pardon even hardened criminals as long as they didn't do shit like being sadistic serial killers or terrorist. Terminally ill convicts, let them die with their families if they are gone in few months anyway.

>murderers and rapists
You mean soldiers dumbass. Not everyone in Gitmo is Bin ladden's brother. A lot of People in war torn countries are forced to pick sides and fight. Guys in Gitmo just chose the wrong side. Rape sucks but it's always a part of war.

That's free Ammo for Trump.

Imagine in 3,5 years from now, one of these released felons commit a murder or some shit.
More free Ammo for Trump.

>tfw Obama pardons political activists to disrupt Trump's presidency

Pardons are usually done after they have served their sentences and just clears their criminal records, usually, there are some outlying cases of political favors. Commutations are lessening of sentences to be released early while leaving their records intact.