Are you too "patriotically correct" (aka Conservative correctness) Sup Forums...

Are you too "patriotically correct" (aka Conservative correctness) Sup Forums? This is the yin to the left's poltically correct yang. How do you plan to combat this new narrative?

>But conservatives have their own, nationalist version of PC, their own set of rules regulating speech, behavior and acceptable opinions. I call it “patriotic correctness.” It’s a full-throated, un-nuanced, uncompromising defense of American nationalism, history and cherry-picked ideals. Central to its thesis is the belief that nothing in America can’t be fixed by more patriotism enforced by public shaming, boycotts and policies to cut out foreign and non-American influences.

>Insufficient displays of patriotism among the patriotically correct can result in exclusion from public life and ruined careers. It also restricts honest criticism of failed public policies, diverting blame for things like the war in Iraq to those Americans who didn’t support the war effort enough.

This is the part where you say, "HUR DUR I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE!!! THIS IS A LIE PROPAGATED BY THE JEW LIBERAL MEDIA TO DISCREDIT THE RIGHT. SAGE REEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Sorry, but that's a exactly what a regressive patriotically correct individual would say.

Other urls found in this thread:

openborders.info/alex-nowrasteh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Insufficient displays of patriotism among the patriotically correct can result in exclusion from public life and ruined careers. It also restricts honest criticism of failed public policies, diverting blame for things like the war in Iraq to those Americans who didn’t support the war effort enough.

Complete and utter bullshit. This is not nearly on the level of PC hysteria. The only cases when leftists got fired were when they violated PC code themselves, i.e. being racist/sexist and the right seized the opportunity to throw their own arguments into their faces. I doubt there was ever a campaign to get someone fired because he wasn't "racist" enough.

>Insufficient displays of [Leftism] among the [Left] can result in exclusion from public life and ruined careers.

>It also restricts honest criticism of failed public policies, diverting blame for things like [the failure to reach a communist utopia] to those Americans who didn’t support [Leftism] enough.

this whole article is literally 'No U'

the man is describing the way leftists operate perfectly, and just saying that the political right does it too with absolutely no evidence

You fell right into their trap.

(OP) (You)
>Blaming the liberal or mainstream media and “media bias” is the patriotically correct version of blaming the corporations or capitalism. The patriotically correct notion that they “would rather be governed by the first 2,000 people in the Boston telephone directory than by the 2,000 people on the faculty of Harvard University” because the former have “common sense” and the “intellectual elites” don’t know anything, despite all the evidence to the contrary, can be sustained only in a total bubble. Poor white Americans are the victims of economic dislocation and globalization beyond their control, while poor blacks and Hispanics are poor because of their failed cultures. The patriotically correct are triggered when they hear strangers speaking in a language other than English. Does that remind you of the PC duty to publicly shame those who use unacceptable language to describe race, gender or whatever other identity is the victim du jour?

>The patriotically correct rightly ridicule PC “safe spaces” but promptly retreat to Breitbart or talk radio, where they can have mutually reinforcing homogeneous temper tantrums while complaining about the lack of intellectual diversity on the left. There is no such thing as too much national security, but it’s liberals who want to coddle Americans with a “nanny state.” Those who disagree with the patriotically correct are animated by anti-Americanism, are post-American, or deserve any other of a long list of clunky and vague labels that signal virtue to other members of the patriotic in-group.

>I hate my country and I don't want you to criticize me for it

Should citizens not critizes their country? That's basically what you've been doing under obama.

>You fell right into their trap.

When the trap is 'Yeah and if you say i'm wrong nuh-uh it's YOU who is wrong so there' it doesn't matter at all if I fall into it.

>The patriotically correct rightly ridicule PC “safe spaces” but promptly retreat to Breitbart or talk radio

or Sup Forums where you can post as much leftist drivel as you like and I can't do anything to stop you

>The patriotically correct notion that they “would rather be governed by the first 2,000 people in the Boston telephone directory than by the 2,000 people on the faculty of Harvard University” because the former have “common sense” and the “intellectual elites” don’t know anything, despite all the evidence to the contrary

All the evidence to the contrary? What evidence? Did he post the evidence in a link below the article or did he just assume I would believe that there was evidence because he said so?

>The patriotically correct are triggered when they hear strangers speaking in a language other than English. Does that remind you of the PC duty to publicly shame those who use unacceptable language to describe race, gender or whatever other identity is the victim du jour?
I don't even know where to begin. The claim that other people are 'triggered' by anything is an outright fabrication and is a strawman anyway. It also doesn't remind me of PC language-policing because it has nothing to do with limiting the way that people can talk about things, or what they can talk about, but only which language they use to talk about whatever they like.

>There is no such thing as too much national security, but it’s liberals who want to coddle Americans with a “nanny state.”
This is both a strawman and conflation at the same time

this article sucks and was written by a second-rate jew

>The patriotically correct rightly ridicule PC “safe spaces” but promptly retreat to Breitbart or talk radio,

Fundamentally misunderstanding safe spaces. Consensus of opinion =/= safe space. A safe space is where you will be removed for having dissenting opinion. That does not happen in places like Sup Forums no matter how much leftists like to pretend. I've seen leftists post here, and 9 out of 10 times they only respond to bait replies and ignore the people actually trying to have discussion. Then they go "SEE I TOLD YOU RIGHT-WINGERS LIKE SAFE SPACES"

> There is no such thing as too much national security,
>GET A WARRANT

>Poor white Americans are the victims of economic dislocation and globalization beyond their control, while poor blacks and Hispanics are poor because of their failed cultures
A shit strawman. Black and Hispanic citizens are hurt just as much, if not more so, from globalization beyond their control.

>diverting blame for things like the war in Iraq to those Americans who didn’t support the war effort enough.
Another shitty strawman. Nobody argues that. We blame the failure of the War in Iraq on Americans who have lost the stomach for the horrors of war. In essence, it's because they supported a version of warfare that was too "nice", not because they didn't support the war at all.

>liberals who want to coddle Americans with a “nanny state.
A "nanny state" goes far beyond national security.

Jesus did somebody actually get paid to write this drivel? If I was him I'd go back to University, pick up a philosophy class, and learn how to construct an argument.

> That does not happen in places like Sup Forums no matter how much leftists like to pretend. I've seen leftists post here, and 9 out of 10 times they only respond to bait replies and ignore the people actually trying to have discussion.

As a huge lefty most of the times I visit Sup Forums I genuinely try to get a different perspective by asking you guys what you think first and it usually gets drowned out by meme posting with the occasional person saying lurk more. Which I would kind of understand on any other board, but you'd think with discussing politics you could actually get an answer from someone instead of having to crawl through 100 rare pepes for a glimpse of actual insight.

If this was nearly as omnipresent as Political Correctness, the country would be a much better place.

That said, it does bug me that patriotism in the US has been simplified down to "mindlessly jerk off veterans while wearing milsurp jackets."

Welcome to Sup Forums, where you have to wade through a river of shit to maybe find some gold. And more often then not, there is no gold.
I've also seen genuine discussion and arguments take place. I'm just saying, from my experience, Sup Forums is a safe space argument does not hold up.

what if I hate the media, the corporations AND the "intellectuals"

I'm sure it happens occasionally, I've just never really seen it happen. On most boards you go to, you'll find shitposting, but even if you go to the most disgusting general on the site if you say, "Hey, why do you like thing? What's your favorite part about thing?" You'll get a few responses. Sup Forums not so much. Even in clearly active threads if you directly ask someone why they have this opinion without shitting on it you don't get an answer.

Is that the problem? Is there a certain number of times I need to call someone a cuck before they engage?

That's what i thought it was. What is patriotism then? You guys sure didn't act patriotic while obama was in office.

who cares what democrats have to say?

they barely exist anymore

This. The right's weakness is the ability to divide large-scale over differences, but it doesn't atomize the way the left does because it isn't fundamentally an ideology of betrayal the way progressive liberalism is.

Sup Forums is becoming increasingly politically correct because "politically correct" means "in line with the establishment views", and look; the establishment is changing, it is moving further right. So right-wing views become more and more politically correct.

The definition is too convoluted and ineffective to ever gain any real sway, and will just blow up in the faces of whoever uses the term. Calling someone too patriotic as an insult is bad persuasion and will only further distance the left from the rest of the population.

Because patriotism is a bad thing.

I love how hard you're getting BTFO in every response, and with facts and cogent arguments, not just mindless ad hominem.

I only take this as an admission that they intended political correctness to stifle their opposition.

the counter to that is this thing we call "free speech".

Ya lurk moar cuck

>hurr patriotism and pride are bad

commies get out

you don't deserve rational discourse

They are REALLY going to drag down the democratic party into irrelevance for a decade or two instead of dropping this indentity politics bullshit.
I thought they would come to their senses after reality hit them in the face and the electors cast the final votes but apparently nothing can break the safe space.

You use ying and yang to much when you shit post. It marks your posts.

>Implying I want limit libshit speech
>Implying I don't want them to keep exposing themselves for the dipshits that they are

I hope they double and triple down on their ideology.

Centrist master race

inb4
>muh fence sitter

This fence is fucking COMFY

yes we all know that both sides of the political compass practice PC culture to gain power.

Id rather be a patriot than a fag

The right HAD their own version until trump came along. Trump has ripped apart every conservative orthodoxy since announcing his run as president.

>Against free trade
>Said Iraq war was shit
>Didn't pretend to praise jesus every 10secs
>Talked shit about billionaires and called politicians whores

Not to mention all the twitter shit.

>we sue people, get them fired, and ruin their lives when they disagree with us
>conservatives disapprove of things we do
>l-look they are just as bad as us!
This is what leftists actually believe

>How do you plan to combat this new narrative?

we don't have to, it'll never catch on

nobody except extreme leftists thinks "patriotic" is an insult

and since it's obviously just a play on "politically correct" in the first place, using it is pretty much a tacit admission that being politically correct is, in fact, a dumb and bad thing to be

>its a baby finds out authoritarianism exists on both sides of the political spectrum
Also I'm gonna leave this here
openborders.info/alex-nowrasteh/

"Patriotically correct" just doesn't have the same ring as "politically correct".

Wish I could be proud of my country, Americans are so fucking lucky.

Trump 2020!

Are you actually asking a question or are you concern trolling? If you're asking meme questions you're going to get meme answers.

>Insufficient displays of patriotism among the patriotically correct can result in exclusion from public life and ruined careers

[Citation FUCKING Needed]

>wow people meme on me that means my opinion is SILENCED and I can never say it again and I am forcibly removed from the website!!!1!!!
end yourself

So now they're admitting PC shit is retarded and trying to say W-WELL THE RIGHT IS JUST AS BAD!

Not gonna work faggots.

holy shit, you mean that posting on a website with absolutely no restrictions on speech leads to people acting like absolute retards? Jesus christ user, I think you're onto something. It's almost as if you're pissing into an ocean of piss.

There is literally nothing stopping you from making a marxist general but that doesn't mean it won't get memed into oblivion. You have the right to state and have your opinion heard. You do not have the right to have civil discussion from the other side as that would infringe on their rights if they do not wish to participate. This is the absolute closest to free speech you'll ever get.

I appreciate your use of the past tense to refer to Obama.

>t’s a full-throated, un-nuanced, uncompromising defense of American nationalism, history and cherry-picked ideals. Central to its thesis is the belief that nothing in America can’t be fixed by more patriotism enforced by public shaming, boycotts and policies to cut out foreign and non-American influences.
>this is the part where you say...
You mean cuckservatives? Because Sup Forums always gets down on the worst things about America CONSTANTLY.

>shitskin invents new bullshit to try and discredit the right.

Keep feeding us. You're propaganda is quickly memed into counter-propaganda. The more you try and win, the harder you'll lose.

I, too, would like to see examples of people being shitcanned and publicly shamed and punished for not being "patriotically correct" enough, especially on the same magnitude as what happens to the "politically incorrect."

I think people should act and speak how they want while not having the state reward any of it.

>People expressing an opinion
>Offended
>It's a form of public shaming against us
>Boycots were during Obama's reign the way to go strategy for foreign policy
>Trump has clearly showed that he wants to talk first
>He actually acts like this; even before his presidency
>'partriotically correct' - thanks for defining a new term to divide even more people,

what's your 2017 definition of rape?

>Makes up possible answers of people he hates in own greentext
>Caps

Ok.

>hating the president
Fine
>hating the country
Woah, slow down buddy. Thats muzzie talk.

He's right though. Patriotic correctness is fucking annoying. I want to love the USA but I hate most Americans and most "American values," such as not giving a shit about anything and being content with not knowing shit about anything.

Also America is a madhouse for atheists and faggots, fuck this gay country.

You have a really distorted view of what views are shared by the majority.

I dunno man maybe if you try actually asking a question you might get some discussion. This entire thread is "I don't want to make a point but it makes me angry no one addresses my non point!"

No, we don't tell morons they can't spew thier idiot babble. The left tries to tell us that we can be jailed if we don't respect thier "pronouns"

>It's another the left invent a "problem" out of thin air to pin onto the right episode

>all the triggering itt

He has a point at pointing that US conservatives are terrible at acknowledging their failures, just look at Iraq, they still blame Obama with amazing cognitive dissonance for pulling out despite the fact that the situation was already terribly handled just 3 months after the invasion.
Even here you still find retards to defend Bush Jr (((administration))) despite the fact they demolished a 60 yo american reputation in one year.

Thing is it seems there are no middle ground between american liberals hating the country for imaginary grieves and conservative going full jingoism whenever you question foreign policies.
The only one who understood that republicans should make their erratum was Trump.