I have a friend that says the election was unfair because the republicans stopped millions of americans from voting...

I have a friend that says the election was unfair because the republicans stopped millions of americans from voting since:

>those who are arrested can't vote
>they need a document with a photo, which is expensive and difficult to obtain
>putting few voting places so it becomes very crowded or difficult for the elderly to vote

And that if it wasn't for that, Hillary would have won in Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania

So I ask you americans if this is true at all, because if it is then these elections really were unfair.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE
felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000287
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good.
>they need a document with a photo, which is expensive and difficult to obtain
Registering to vote is extremely simple, and democrats have an even easier way to get past registration.
>putting few voting places so it becomes very crowded or difficult for the elderly to vote
Elderly mostly voted for Trump, though.

Additionally, it's been proven illegals voted in the states where they did recounts, and they voted for Democrats. I wonder how many more states illegals voted in.

Isn't it true, however, that you need a document with photo to vote? And that there are no obligatory documents with photo for americans to possess? Meaning that those who don't have the document need to go after it, but places that emit them are only open like once per month? That makes it so difficult for the poor to vote.

The arrested cannot vote, they gave up that right when they were arrested.
You need documentation to prove you're a fucking U.S. citizen. If you don't belong here, you certainly don't get to decide who our president is.
There are plenty of voting places. Democrats are the ones who bus people around for votes, anyhow, so I don't see how it's a problem.

But isn't it specific documentation with photos, which is pretty rare in the US?

>documentation with photo
>rare in the US
Didn't know this

Apparently their social security cards don't have room for photos.

It isn't rare:
>A driver's license or nondriver's identification card issued by (your state) or by another state or district of the United States
>A concealed carry of handgun license issued by (your state) or a concealed carry of handgun or weapon license issued by another state or district of the United States
>A United States passport
>An employee badge or identification document issued by a municipal, county, state, or federal government office
>A military identification document issued by the United States
>A student identification card issued by an accredited postsecondary institution of education in (your state)
>A public assistance identification card issued by a municipal, county, state or federal government office
>An identification card issued by an Indian tribe

What if I am homeless? I wouldn't have any of these.

Oh please, these people are just grasping at straws now

they can you have to be convicted of a felony to lose this right. If you are in jail on election day you lose this right, if you had an absentee ballot and sent it it it would count if you got arrested the day before the election.

>>they need a document with a photo, which is expensive and difficult to obtain.
Not true each election area/ county/state has its own rules. I had to show photo id or my election id card, some areas you need a bill with your name on it. My sister only had to give her name because she lives in a different county.

>>putting few voting places so it becomes very crowded or difficult for the elderly to vote
again a crock of shit, not only do places have early and curbside voting(literally like a mc'Donalds drive through don't have to get out of the car) we also have absentee ballots grandma need not leave the comfort of her own home to vote. And once more the local election board in areas where they claimed this happened are democrat run and controlled they make their own rules on designating polling stations.

Considering you usually get it as a small child, the photo would be worthless.

But I had data that 5.85 million americans were unable to vote in 2012 for being or having been in prison during the elections. Here in Brazil you can vote even if you are arrested. Don't you think that if those 5.85 million americans could vote, Hillary would have won?

That's not true at all.

If your homeless what happened to your drivers license? Or your ID.

Losing the right to vote is not new. Such a thing would affect every election so far, not just this one

In Mississippi I had to show my driver's license to verify I was the person who registered under my name

Yeah, don't believe our media on this one any more than you would believe them otherwise. As an American, the truth is, as much as people want to think everyone cares, a vast majority of people who VOTE don't give two shits about the real issues at hand, let alone those that don't bother with it. It makes the intentions behind the push for illegals to have voting rights that much more transparent. They attract voters to think in the way of a sports team rivalry (red vs. blue, be on the good guys side!) as opposed to deciding who will guide the country's ruling class and international interests.

It's not difficult to have ID, in the most basic case it's a wasted day at a gov. office and depending on where you live, less than $100 all expenses considered (including travel, proof of address, citizenship-proving documentation, etc.)

It's difficult to get this kind of thing when you're undocumented (i.e. not officially a citizen) but then do you think it should be easy for those people?

No, if you are convicted you do not get to vote, if we let people in prison jail vote who were not just being held until a court date. They would be eligible to vote in local elections as well. In America our prisons are in the middle of nowhere in lightly populated counties. It would be suicide to let them vote and give criminals the options to vote for county sheriff who would be subjected to more threats/ bribery by the criminals or other local officials and judges who would be more inclined to release them/ let them get away with what ever crimes they committed.

Can you even call that a democracy then?

>drive drunk once because you are a dumb teenager
>get arrested
>lose right to vote

At least in Texas, the elderly can opt to mail in their vote.
IDs are easy to get if youre not a degenerate
/Thread

Most states that require some form of ID to vote also have programs that allow you to get a free picture ID as long as you are a US citizen. It takes less than ten minutes to do online. And before you scream lack of Internet access, there are thousands of places across the country with free Internet access called libraries. The states that required ID also ran huge public notice campaigns to explain these programs. You have no excuse for obtaining some form of official ID.

Unless it was felony drunk driving, killing someone else is the only reason it would be a felony or you were speeding 20-30mph above the limit. you get to vote once you served your time, most likely you get let off with a fine for your first offense.

FELONY

Only felony criminals (murder, rape, arson, etc) lose their right to vote. They lose their rights to freedom, they lose a lot of rights. because its their PUNISHMENT.

Punishment. For committing heinous crimes against people AND the state.

Also we don't live in a democracy, its a democratic Republic, not mob rule.

You can get a free government ID from any DMV. They have regular business hours, usually 5 days a week.

>you get to vote once you served your time
Is this real? If it is then I'll be convinced I was wrong. It's just that I heard that ex-inmates were unable to vote too.

Nothing to do with that situation short of killing someone with your car would be a felony. Even then you'd probably get manslaughter. Murder, rape, theft of large worth, possession on massive scale, serious assault and that sort of thing are felonies.

>niggers can't get an ID
youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE

>Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored two years after the completion of all supervised release (except if convicted of treason). Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.
Once you've served your sentence, you may vote. You simply can't vote in prison or on probation.

We have different classifications of crimes. Felony's are the worst crimes you can commit ( pre meditated murder, theft of $10K or more, drug dealing (not just a joint or 10) or possession of massive amounts, rape only if its a child generally or if you beat someone half to death in the process, ect. Misdemeanors are still crimes but it is of a lesser degree of offense.

>>they need a document with a photo, which is expensive and difficult to obtain
It's called an ID and it costs about $10.00 if you're white. If you're non-white, then you get it for free like everything else in this country. So I don't see what the problem is.

Felons usually have to wait 7 years after their release before their record is expunged.

I stand corrected then, there really seems to be no excuse.

>If you break a bad enough law, you lose some privileges, deal with it
>it costs ~$20 to get an ID/Drivers License, which everybody should have. How do these people work without ID's?
>My polling station had two people voting in it at 11am

you have years to get it before the next election lol

You guys are bullshitting

felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000287

Even ex-felons can't vote.