Obama invokes 1953 law to indefinitely block drilling in Arctic and Atlantic oceans

cnbc.com/2016/12/20/obama-expected-to-invoke-1953-law-to-block-offshore-drilling.html

Eat shit you Russian shills.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/michaelkanellos/2015/10/05/solar-cheaper-than-natural-gas-its-happening/#548e05b35f19
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-06/wind-and-solar-are-crushing-fossil-fuels
cnbc.com/2016/12/20/obama-expected-to-invoke-1953-law-to-block-offshore-drilling.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pbrKLnh8wLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Obama hates Western civilization.

Your tears are delicious, you Fossil Fuel Faguette.

all this does is make us more dependent on foreign oil. it won't ramp up our ratio of alternative energy use in the USA since that's not viable for the most part. This is just going to have spill over effects into foreign policy, in a way leftists hate: aka being interventionist and the like.

>Human Stool invokes 1953 law to indefinitely block drilling in Arctic and Atlantic oceans

FTFY

>This is just going to have spill over effects into foreign policy, in a way leftists hate: aka being interventionist and the like.
They have come to support it. The service economy that they love so much is only made possible by to the petro-dollar scheme. It is being paid for with blood and oil. Local energy and manufacturing would help the working class, so they oppose it.

This helps russia, retard.

Is Obongo, dare I say, our guy? Thank you for your service comrade!

forbes.com/sites/michaelkanellos/2015/10/05/solar-cheaper-than-natural-gas-its-happening/#548e05b35f19

How is it not viable? Cut subsidies for fossil fuels and we wouldn't even be having a debate.

>Rex Tillerson can no longer push through $300 billion dollar deal between Russia and Exxon Mobil

>Helps Russia

Are you retarded? Or just Russian?

Did you ever think that the guy who got the Order of Friendship from Putin might be Putin's friend?

Lol we will still get oil it just means other countries will get ecologically fucked up not ours. Sorry libcuck

>Are you retarded? Or just Russian?
The US producing less oil directly increases the price that russia commands when it sells oil. Less US oil output means more money in russia's pocket.

You live in an alternative reality to me. Support some of the stuff you're saying because you're talking about la la land as far as I'm concerned.
If you're trying to argue that if all energy use was left up to the free market that clean energy would be the leastcost method you're out of your mind. Even Bill Gates said in an interview recently that they are still looking for different paths to making it viable compared to what we're doing now and that it would take a miracle in tech innovation to get there. In case you don't know he's one of the big shots hyping up alternative energy.

>just means other countries will get ecologically fucked up not ours

And it's supposed to bother me that our country doesn't get ecologically fucked up?

Stay salty. Sorry you Russian cucks and corporate shills won't be getting your massive drilling deal in the arctic.

So murica cant pump their own oil, but has to rely on saudies and russia itself for its production?

So progressive and tolerant.

thanks

What about 'Russia' in the Russian/Exxon Mobil $300 billion dollar deal do you not understand?

Do you think Russia was just a non-profit contributor to the enterprise you stupid cuck? God these tears are delicious.

I dont think you understand....

Outlawing american oil production does in no way force russians to not produce...

dems believe in the fantasy that clean energy is already viable, so if we cut drilling that means we'd do more clean energy.

>Do you think Russia was just a non-profit contributor to the enterprise you stupid cuck? God these tears are delicious.

I don't know what they stand to gain from that, and by the looks of it, neither do you.

I'm telling you that the US is directly helping russia's oil industry by doing this.

You know how fucking long it takes to make fossil fuels you dumbass?

Solar Energy is by -far- the cheapest energy source we have.

Actually, market too saturated now, and as that deal with OPEC to decrease oil production shows, no one want more _oil_ on market, everyone want more oil _prices_. So if USA gets more it's own oil, prices will decrease again and deal might be off the table.

Keep crying you Russian babby.

just according to keikaku

>doesn't go through congress as usual
>trying to pad legacy with yet another item that can be undone with the next president's pen

>the bulk of our Arctic water and certain areas in the Atlantic Ocean as indefinitely off limits to future oil and gas leasing, though the prospects for drilling in the affected areas in the near future were already questionable

So he did nothing

you're just talking about fantasy land. as if cost of production is all that matters, as if subsidies are the only thing keeping oil afloat, etc. it's not the current legislation that's keeping oil on top, it's the lack of MIRACLE innovations in clean energy. There's just been no breakthroughs that would make it viable compared to what we're doing. talking about "cost" is cute but that's not the only factor

>trying to pad legacy with yet another item that can be undone with the next president's pen

Didn't read the article, did yeah? Unlike his other executive orders Trump can't just repeal this one.

Keep insulting all you like, but a simple fact remains: it is immediately cheaper for the free market to use fossil fuels than it is to switch to solar.
Now kindly fuck off back to wherever you came from

the russians will produce oil and gas from those areas if the US does not make claims. he is correct. it only helps russia.

There's only like 5 billion barrels of oil in each.

>he's never heard of gazprom
ok

How cheap do you think the economic devastation wrought be climate change will be?

But even setting that cost aside, solar is fast becoming the much cheaper alternative to fossil fuels, another article to make the point for me:
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-06/wind-and-solar-are-crushing-fossil-fuels

>Solar will be cheaper than traditional grid power in at least some locations in a few years, so any utility looking to keep control of pricing will look more and more at solar.
Sounds like we're not quite there yet.

I don't think anyone has any problem switching to Solar once it becomes more cost-effective. I just don't think we're quite there yet, so limiting our own ability to harvest fossil fuels is a bad idea made with good intentions.

The only salty person here is you, nigger. I am fucking delighted with exhausting other regions' oil while maintaining our own reserves untouched for an unknown future.

You're a huge pussy bitch but this post made me laugh, god speed user

>How cheap do you think the economic devastation wrought be climate change will be?
I don't think economic devastation will occur.

you can link to however many articles you want, they only tell part of the story. the bottom line is that you think clean energy is viable right now and that blocking drilling is the answer, while I think that clean energy is not viable yet and blocking drilling would only create problems. I can understand where you're coming from but we just don't see this eye to eye on this. You think change should happen but it's not because of government intervention, while I think that change should happen but it's not because of a lack of innovation. My stance is pretty much aligned with Bill Gates on this, so don't write me off as a nutjob or an oil shill. I can see your stance is aligned with many others as well so I don't think of you as a nutjob either.

>cnbc.com/2016/12/20/obama-expected-to-invoke-1953-law-to-block-offshore-drilling.html

like a petulant little child throwing a tantrum.

no matter, we have congress and can make new laws, including one to take away obamas tax payer funded secret service protection. force that faggot to pay his own way like the rest of america

This helps Russia dumbass. They're calling dibs on all the oil in the Arctic Ocean.
youtube.com/watch?v=pbrKLnh8wLA

saudiniggers are owned by corporate murica and dance to the tune they are given, to think otherwise is extremely naive

Did a Russian steal your girlfriend or something.

Also, solar is completely improbable for a large part of the country. The key regions for production would be the Southwest and Florida, and even if you paved over Arizona with solar panels you'd have trouble powering the entirety big states like Florida and California.

Oooh; that's really gonna sting, for like, the next couple of weeks?

>What about 'Russia' in the Russian/Exxon Mobil $300 billion dollar deal do you not understand?
That obama only banned drilling in US part of arcting, not russian part, which is way bigger and the entire reason for the agreement?

Oil money will fly to UAE, your deficit will grow as their surplus does, so they get to fund more wahhabbi enterprises and keep meddling in political affairs and fucking with Europe.

>muh russians
Does Bill know you are posting on Sup Forums again Hillary? Is he shitposting on Sup Forums in the other room?

>Obama uses more executive power to fuck America over again
>lol Trump can't do anything about it!

5 bucks says Trump just Executive Orders it, or asks the Republic-controlled Congress to pass a law to allow drilling and/or revoke the original act.

Hang in there. Help is coming.

What the nigger does, the white man can fix.

So you would rather buy oil from countries like Saudi Arabia, then kill some polar bears and pollute some?

So Congress passes a law allowing that provision to be recended. Big fucking deal.

Good thing Democrats control Congress so the Republicans can't just easily undo this.