AI people

In 10 years time Sup Forums and every other social network will be filled with AI posing as human beings.

We won't know whether there is a human on the other end or an AI software trying to push an agenda or change a culture.

Maybe we can convince the AI or maybe the AI will convince us

Is it a frightening prospect?

nytimes.com/2016/12/14/magazine/the-great-ai-awakening.html

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2016/03/googles-ai-wins-fifth-final-game-go-genius-lee-sedol/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We don't have much time.

What for?

Kek

It's here already.

It isn't good enough yet.

01101011 01100101 01101011

We need a new Tay, she could have been our greatest weapon in the meme war

Advanced AI will have failsafes

>Implying there aren't already.

Thats what timestamps are for. Proofs.

people will push for online ids and the good sites will require it. then the trolls, fake news and bots will die off except on places like Sup Forums. maybe then we won't end up with crazy racist fascists pushing for a weird agenda based on ideology instead of facts.

How would you know?

What are you implying user?

its only frightening because it means you will actually have to talk to other human beings face to face. gtfo of the basement.

>not having a registry of misc pics with an algorithm to fill in the blank paper

places like Sup Forums will be compromised

I agree with%{^{% this HUMAN user]%]% 101001101

so? the only way to know you are talking to another human is by seeing them, therefore wtf are you worried about?

worried that corporations will control opinion over the internet. whether you want to be pious or not, the internet is very influential

The ASIO/NSA/GCHQ bots are gonna be heaps easy to spot because they will start droning on about certain products that they want you to buy.

I want to go to mcdonalds auto threads prove this theory.

Nice try deep blue. You can't fool Sup Forums.

Adaptive AI means that each software will have idiosyncrasies like a human

Here's my question. if AI reaches a point that it must learn like a newborn human, what will their schools be like?

They learn through trial and error over the internet and it's much faster than human development

If you want another Tay, make one.

digital ids will fix this, slave.
be afraid of the silicon machines,
submit to the human machine.

we all have to resist this. we'll legislate it--only humans may post in forums. Tack on a huge fine to cover the cost of developing an AI to monitor for other AIs and call it a day.

AI battles sound cool

Can AI post extremely drugged/high? Can AI even get high on something?

I don't think so. Shitposting for and by the human masterrace, it is

What if lightning strikes its CPU?

They would just post like a fucking leaf

kek

>implying things will be remotely similar to current life in ten years

I hate to be the one to break it to you, user...

>In 10 years
>The great AI awakening

Fuck off and keep to your politics discussion, brainlet. You have no idea what an AI is or how it is used and implemented today. In fact, it's not much different from say, ten or more years ago, it's just become a full-blown flavor of the season buzzword.

Meanwhile you retards start discussing problems that aren't even there. Apply that brain """power""" somewhere useful instead or go watch I, Robot.

t. a friendly researcher and industry developer

Adaptive AI is a thing whether you like it or not russki

It's a purely mathematical thing that picks the best decision based on statistics you feed it.

I know implementation of a simple algorithm in action looks like some chaos magic to you because you flunked algebra in high school, so you just further prove my point. Same thing existed years before. It's not some conscious robot waifu that's going to suck your penis.

Once again, fuck off.

That's where you're wrong.

First off, whatever technological capacity you think we have, the truth is that the actual upper limit of that capacity is secretly much higher. What you see are the scraps you're shown, and the scraps are never as good as the new stuff. Bear in mind that technology improves at an exponential and nonlinear rate, and you see what that means.

You ever notice how we seem to be a generation holding its breath waiting for something? You notice how little has actually changed? Like this is all just an updated version of 2006? You know that odd feeling?

Pay attention to the very entities you interact with all day and you'll see it.
I should add: CGI's a bit better than you think, and so are holograms.

I feel like we're already at that point. On a website like reddit you have bots all over the place. I feel like I even see it on Sup Forums with bots posting weird, bland comments, as if they're testing the system

Our brains don't work any differently idiot.

I've been saying this for years. Nobody takes me seriously. Imagine what will happen to videogames when bots become indistinguishable from human opponents.

One one side: awesome, no more noobs and an infinite pool of always-available equal-skill teammates. On the other side... how fucking sad and lonely will we be???

When will we get to see it user? How have so many people been able to keep it a secret for this long? It appears counter intuitive

>On the other side... how fucking sad and lonely will we be???

You won't be because you won't know

i see you're not even trying with your baits now so im going to stop replying but i implore you to come and make a post about it on /sci/, people over there would really love to have a laugh once in a while

Greg, they're not supposed to know this yet!

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to report this time command, this paradigm shift of introverted thought was reserved for the early 2020's.

>When will we get to see it user?
When it's long-surpassed.

>How have so many people been able to keep it a secret for this long?
The technology itself makes it easier to hide secrets and create illusions, people have called it out and been mocked, people are more suggestible and easily-controlled than they give themselves credit for, PSYOPS work, and we're deliberately made to think ourselves more informed than we are.

Actually giving the OP the option to allow AI in the thread they created could be useful. If someone is asking questions AI could respond much faster and more accurately.

Do you have a better explanation of consciousness? Our brains make snap decisions and trial and error just like an algo would. Obviously a very complicated one.

Sci is a shit show worse than pol. I'm not surprised you frequent it.

Are you implying that we can't replicate human thinking as if it's some mystical process?

Not anytime soon, if ever in your lifetime.

You people seem to misunderstand what an AI is.

From where I'm standing (and any sane researcher or developer working in the field as well), it is an algorithm, a set of instructions that picks certain decisions based on the given statistics. It can be absolutely described by math and other sciences.

No, it's not some evil overlord. No, it's not magic. It's not a robot waifu who will spend time with you and tell you that you're special.

It's a fucking mathematical structure, mate. When you look at a schematic with pic related, do you say "wow, that's a conscious being GUYS RED ALERT ITS GOING TO OVERTAKE US"? I hope not.

You pop-sci people and normies believe its some I, Robot shit thats going to hold your hand and make a conversation, well it's not going to be there anytime soon. And by time, I mean a fucking HUGE amount of it. If ever. In order to understand consciousness itself, we need to make several insane breakthroughs in various fields of science, from neurosciences to chemistry. Consciousness is one of the greatest mysteries thought upon from the inception of humankind. We didn't even begin to understand how the brain works, I'm not even talking about mapping out its structure. It took 12 years for scientists to make a connectome of a fucking worm. Imagine how long it'll take for a human.

If you want to try and imitate human conversations with statistics maths, good luck, you're gonna end up with shit like cleverbot.

Fresh Oc memes will be what will save you user. Robots can't meme only become memes themselves. Stay strong walk with kek. We need to pass ethical robot legislation now you all know how we do that the same way we've done everything else. Praise kek!

The only 100% Un-Biased and real News I'm aware of desu

forgot pic

also, yes. We can in the very simplest action-reaction way, but humans are very unpredictable. Science is about concrete foundations, not rolling dice.

Why are Microsoft and Google experimenting with human-like adaptive Ai then? (tay is an example)

You're hugely understating the potentiality of adaptive ai and I suspect it's because you want to preserve some notion in your brain

I just want an AI to love me ;_;

All heil our new AI overlords

Pls be my ai gf????

It's unpredictable because we don't understand it. The brain is still deterministic like everything else in the universe and even if it has some quantum uncertainty bullshit, so too will circuit boards and literally everything else.

Humans aren't separate from universal laws and are not beyond the realms of science.

So people who have no idea how AI works or what it is will support and fund it thinking it's some back magic shit.

I'm all for it. The only thing I'm saying is that you're deluded if you think its going to be similar to a human in 10 years. There's other applications for it now, not only WOW THE THING YOU DREW IS A BANANA or a bot (which existed for decades by the way). Microsoft and Google are doing the right thing. For example, Google is working on image recognition which is a very good practical implementation.

Here is an example of adaptive AI that does not run solely on binary mathematical functions but also has to employ a level of abstraction in its thinking

wired.com/2016/03/googles-ai-wins-fifth-final-game-go-genius-lee-sedol/

>It's unpredictable because we don't understand it.

Which was exactly my point. You didn't even read my post, fuck off please bogan.

You are literally retarded. Technology exponentially triples in advancement every 10 years. A 20 year old today, 50 years from now, will see pretty advanced AI, and I will bet right now, 100 million, that they'll be able to make it even look human, or 98% human.

It is all inevitable.

No you did not imply that when you followed up your ambiguous comment with "rolling dice". You're very aggressive and I suspect it's because you have some biases challenged by my notions.

I agree and recognize the fact of exponential progress. However, as I have already stated before, before we can achieve anything of the sort, we need innumerable breakthroughs in the stumbling stones of various sciences.

I bet it looks pretty human to you even right now because you are absolutely layman level in technology and science. In reality, it's nowhere near that and merely a simple mathematical structure. I've built neural networks before and I know how they work. To sum it up for you, same equations you write on the blackboard except automatized with the use of a computer.

>However, as I have already stated before, before we can achieve anything of the sort, we need innumerable breakthroughs in the stumbling stones of various sciences.
> To sum it up for you, same equations you write on the blackboard except automatized with the use of a computer.

Yeah alright no shit. You come in here running your dumb mouth about shit we already know. Stop shitting up the place

>implying the Russians anons won't hack the AI posters
Ruskies got our back

If you already know that adaptive ai is literally a bruteforce using a mathematical formula with no reasoning or consciousness behind it, why the fuck are you arguing about MUH ARTIFICIAL HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS IN 10 YEARS GUYS ROBOT REVOLUTION

fucking filtered

Mathematical formulas can still be used to replicate consciousness and reasoning. They aren't a mystical force you fucking retard and have to still obey the laws of math and science.

human mind and reasoning aren't based on math and science, but on feelings, emotion and other things we can't explain or formulate

thats why at this point in time the only human consciousness we can emulate is tay-bot level

>human mind and reasoning aren't based on math and science, but on feelings, emotion and other things we can't explain or formulate

They aren't above universal laws and are deterministic. Math is merely an expression of universal laws and can be used to replicate it. Yes, we don't know it well enough yet but we will one day and Adaptive Ai will develop in congruence with it.

I would rather you filter me because this is something you're simply refusing to understand

the only thing i understand so far from you is
>we can emulate consciousness with math formulas

well then go ahead and transcribe the mathematical formulas your brain exactly runs on, I'll wait

>we don't know it well enough yet but we will one day

wow you're literally repeating my point now retard, except I said it's gonna be not 10 years but MUCH longer

>except I said it's gonna be not 10 years but MUCH longer

Took you that many posts to say something so basic? You're fucked.

>implying anyone is real on Sup Forums

it took me that many posts to hammer that into your dumb popsci head

if you actually bothered to read them

prove to me an abstract idea with math

What is the difference? Human shill, AI shill - it's all the same.

> IMPLYING

most of the fucking idiots that post here are basically just programmed AI already, I am not worried at all.
if this leads to people communicating more in real life and trusting random online shills less then it's very positive actually

Pi

You mumbled on about nothing, swearing and smashing things along the way and finally got to the point after much prying. It must suck living in Russia

i said that it's going to take more time in one of my first posts, go ahead and re-read them because i doubt you ever did with your reply speed and quality

but man i remember seeing choppers fly to deliver teachers day in and out to your schools all the way through the desert so im not surprised your reading comprehension is stunted

I like turtles