Doesn't this really make you want to use the noodle?

Doesn't this really make you want to use the noodle?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lgiFZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How much authority do Secretaries have?

All of the secretaries before now have been (((professors)))

It's an administrative position, not a scientific one.

DJ Rick previously said he wanted to kill the DoE, so I think it's a good choice

They are the head of the department they are appointed to
You don't want educated people in charge?

Good I'm sick of faggots thinking they're intelligent because they have a degree finally a guy we can all relate too who put in the hard work to get where he is.

When did the left start acting like they supported a meritocratic system?

>fuck this guy because hes not from muh leftist faggot college

really gets the noggin joggin

This

I meant "What powers does their department have?" Do they just draft bills for the president to sign, or do they have autonomy to implement regulations?

US department of Energy refused to cooperate with the transition team so Trump put the guy that wants to close it in charge of it.

this

> tfw I'm applying for jobs at Argonne and Brookhaven labs.

>Professor
>Professor
>Professor
>Former Governor of 2nd Largest State, "Saudi Arabia" of America for Energy Production
Gee, whose more qualified?

>The United States Department of Energy (DOE) is a Cabinet-level department of the United States Government concerned with the United States' policies regarding energy and safety in handling nuclear material. Its responsibilities include the nation's nuclear weapons program, nuclear reactor production for the United States Navy, energy conservation, energy-related research, radioactive waste disposal, and domestic energy production. It also directs research in genomics; the Human Genome Project originated in a DOE initiative
Does that answer your question? Why are you even asking me what power a department in your country has

He put the guy who wanted to put it down before the refusal to help with a purge.

our prime minster was a bouncer at a nightclub and a supply drama teacher, don't act like the left has any integrity when they run the show

anyway get on my cock nigga

fucking ernie

>In the transition document, Trump advisers ask for "a full accounting" of DOE liabilities associated with DOE’s Loan Program Office, criticized by Republican leaders over its part in bankrolling Solyndra, the solar panel manufacturer that went bankrupt and left taxpayers on the hook for $535 million in federal guarantees. The documents seeks lists of outstanding loans, their terms and objectives, and the parties responsible for repaying them.

very little. Secretaries cannot really remove regulations, nor significantly change the manner in wish the department uses the money because that power is in the hands of Congress. I personally find that retarded, but an argument to be made about is that it ensures the temporary fancies of particular people won't swing the purpose of any given institution every 4 years (or less), so meh.

Personally, I believe the departments should be given more policy freedom so that they don't depend on Congress for removing the pork, and rather a series of trustee boards with members selected like BRAC used to work (but in a permanent fashion and with the power to submit budgets for consideration in congress). Congress would the assign stuff like a bloc grant to each agency, of course, but beyond that they wouldn't deal with the minutate of a particular department. Additionally, congress would need to approve any new regulatory scheme a department would make (but not its reduction), and they would have the power to order the comission to evaluate if some program made by the department needs to be closed.

That way, secretaries can implement new ideas, but their power to expand things is kept in check by congress, and their power to spend stupidly is both limited by a congress grants and the commissions overview of the programs.

Sure, it won't be perfect, and the fights could drag out any decision to add more regulations or spend more, but in exchange Secretaries would actually be able to implement the policy that the president decided to assign to them and have more power to reduce innefficencies rather than adding them.

>Rick Perry got the D in Meats 101

During the 2012 republican primary, there was a debate in which Rick Perry tried to name 3 departments that he would shut down as president. He forgot to name the department of energy, and instead named one of the other two twice. That debate mistake has been blamed for the end of his presidential run.

Trump not only put him in charge of a department that he wants to shut down (same as with Ben Carson and HUD), but he did so in an incredible twist of irony.

You know Rick Perry has a university degree as well, a bachelor degree in animal science

Yeah, I'm usually hesitant to credit Trump with too much 12D chess stuff, but in this case it's clear, he's clearing house.

The policy that is bound to see great changes is market by Trump himself, instead the things as usual.

I'm sure Rick Perry doesn't shine too bright but what sense does it make, to compare one of his worst achievements with the highest of his predecessors?

Fucking hell, I'm sure one of those fuckers failed Meat 101.

No, he famously DIDNT say that annon :^)

>in America you go to university to study burger ingredients

I'm okay with this.

Then let me ask you what sense does it make for someone who studied animals to be in charge of energy?

>look at my phd
>did you build any nuclear power plants
>no
>did you fund any breakthrough research on batteries
>no
ok so what did you do exactly
>we watched the energy industry transition to natural gas, because fracking is cheap

the fact that he was governor of the energy capital in the USA as well as it doing pretty fucking good financially

Shit is annoying when economics professors are touted as the greatest, yet they're only professors and never worked in the private sector.

Shit, it was already gone in his mind, that's how many steps ahead he was in the debate.

archive.is/lgiFZ
maybe they could find the energy to investigate why this obvious boondoggle received money
money which gave them undeserved credibility when they pandhandled

I don't know.

What sense does it make that you take in so many refugees?

I didn't vote for trump but i don't want to live so lets all go down together...trump and their supporters voted a kardashian into office.

2 Jews, Gook and one White Man.

Steven Chu
>He is known for his research at Bell Labs and Stanford University regarding the cooling and trapping of atoms with laser light, which won him the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1997
>the director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where his research was concerned primarily with the study of biological systems at the single molecule level.

Ernest Moniz
>Moniz joined the faculty of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1973, serving as head of the Department of Physics from 1991 to 1995 and as director of the Bates Linear Accelerator Center.
>Moniz is one of the founding members of The Cyprus Institute

>Samuel Bodman
Alright there isn't a lot on this guy

What sense does it make to put a profesor in charge of what is basically a managers position? The dude did great being in charge of his state.

You realize that it may not be a good idea to put someone with a physics degree in charge of fiscal management and construction right.

Governors are meant to govern. They have an entirely different set of skills and it revolves around business, regardless of what that business is.

Why do you let Muslim men have sex with your wife?

Hurr durr only education matters

Your bull needs prepping sweden

I will return on that question after reading through the fine prints of his Texas.

wut
i am sarcastically asking what super important work was done by the doe as a result of their expertise influencing their leadership
i know who steve chu is. i met him several times many years ago.

>He awas the major of a city and made a fortune. That's enough to be the best choice for the secretary of energy.

really?

What sense does it make to shitpost to this degree?
And you do realize that these people are in a better position to pick what energy policys to go with because these people know the field and will back their claims with studies and data.
How rude

We have a stallion, no bull.

The CEO of 7-11 doesn't need to know how to clean the Slurpee machine, just needs to make sure people are in place to clean it while turning a profit.

See

>running a beaucracy requires intimate knowledge of the beaucracy's subject

The CEO of Ford doesn't need to know how to engineer an engine. Being a leader and organizer of people requires an entirely different skill set than the grunt-level employees that they're managing.

That's not an answer at all. It's just a vague overview of what the law says their power is. What specific difference has the DoE made in the last 8 years?

But the CEO does have to make sure that it isn't cleaned with toxic chemicals. He also has to make sure that the machine is maintained to proper standards

the bureaucracy and lobbyists manage the national government, in order to insulate the system from the idiots we elect and the idiots they appoint
the secretary gets called down to congress to answer questions for why such-and-such was done based upon information collected by the department
questions fed to congress critters by various thank tank shills, because they are all idiots
this state is not governed by philosopher kings i am afraid

How the fuck should I know? Find out yourself you lazy meat

so you're just copying and pasting something you dont even understand, great argument.

Exactly. They're a meaningless bureaucracy. Having a (((scientist))) run the department is more of an honorary position than anything.

>nominee
the best way to drain the swamp is to get those faggots thinking they've got a position in your administration so they don't take other jobs and then fucking them over and picking someone else

like tillerson and romney

>Meats
sounds like a high level bullshit art/philosophy course

>(((University Professors)))

They ought to stay in Universities. Ideological zealots in charge of the country are never a good idea.

Uh the professors because they actually know about that shit?

Perry just signs his name on some bills and takes bribes from people who employee economics professors

I would bet the machines ARE cleaned with toxic chemicals.

>what is bleach

Also, all those duded in the picture did work in the private sector at one time

>implying physics professors are SJWs

rick perry is a fucking moron

Yood work boys, keep up the anti-intellectualism.

Perry is pretty much the only Secretary pick l dislike, how can you guys seriously defend putting him in charge of a Department he wanted to shut down until he forgot about it?

>tfw no joe manchin and/or heidi heitkamp in trump admin

Dems would've lost at least one more seat, shame.

OMG professors SHOULD NOT be in executive positions. they have NO MANAGEMENT OR ADMINISTRATIVE experience.

let's get lindzen and curry into cabinet positions
they are professors so it will be super cool with twitter

come now, rick perry prayed for rain and eventually ir rained, so it must have worked

If someone doesn't know shit, you can tell them everything. A degree of knowledge what's going on and why should be mandatory.
Otherwise lobbyists will explain to him why he should do it and he is just a sockpuppet.
Yes, he's got a staff but the decisions and consequences are up to him.
I mean it's not my problem, but playing golf and signing contracts isn't the whole job.

>oh no he made a goof on live tv how can he be a good pick!
Kill urself

>But the CEO does have to make sure that it isn't cleaned with toxic chemicals.
lol the ceo doesn't pick the cleaner. he makes sure they're not getting screwed on their operations budget which includes cleaning supplies.

>he got a D in a class called "Meats."

two of those professors were directors for fucking investing companies. Holy shit do you not know how to google

>Imply they can do anything if the president says no nuclear power,fusion etc is dangerous might offend muslims

Not an argument

Holy shit why would i bother to look that shit up right now.

being a director doesn't mean shit either, there's a good chance they were just window dressing.

Yeah?

An appointment to a lot of secretarial cabinet positions are literally worth a hill of beans. Its quite possibly a downgrade from a lot of other positions.

Besides, for all of those people who have occupied that office, what the fuck did they actually accomplish?

Just a bunch of ineffectual pencil pushers who cost us money.

Isn't that what SoE does anyway?

CEO is the one responsible in the case of an accident. Bleach was left in the machine and a customer ends in drinking it?

That's on the CEO
And you don't even know how your own government works. Keep up them arguments

I can tell you're young. You're giving yourself away.

he's only there to dismantle it. don't need to know a thing about it

>You don't want educated people in charge?
Yeah. Those who whave attempted eilte institutions should barred from participating in prison government.

i actually do know how it works, im just pointing out that you dont so you should just shut the fuck up

college degrees dont mean shit imo, especially if you are a business owner. i mean are you going to fire yourself as an owner just because you dont know how anything works? NO you find out what works and doesnt off of experience and then proxy your job's labor to the chinese who knows best

>CEO is the one responsible in the case of an accident.
no he's not. that's what insurance and lawyers are for.

kys faggot

Because?
But does a college degree from a top university in the United States and the world, while also working on said university and a Nobel price mean shit to you?

The lawyers are there to defend, CEO is still going to court.

>Because
They serve the purpose of grooming the American social elite and further cementing our class structure. That whole class of people deserve to be dragged through the mud.

>Holy shit why would i bother to look that shit up right now.

>the average trump voter

no u leik need 2 kys XDxD

I fucking hate smart people too. Fuck anyone who makes me feel inferior. REEEEEEEE

And before those guys were a long line of politicians.

This is yet another bullshit talking point about trump doing something unprecedented (he isn't).

Sage and fuck off.

obama got one of those nobel prizes

hitler, mussolini, & stalin were nominated for one as well, so that says a whole lot about that stupid prize

Sounds like a valid reason. But if not educated people then who?

A Nobel price in science actually means something

>educated
spending decades in indoctrination camps is the only way to be qualified for anything

hello brother
i see you too support richard lindzen holding a position in the trump administration
which cabinet position do you think he should receive?

>bell labs

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I love the poorly educated