If you get good grades in schools, you can go to a good college and get a good job

If you get good grades in schools, you can go to a good college and get a good job.

Why do people ignore this advice and then whine about it as they get older and struggle through life?

It was so easy to do. You pay attention in school. Do as you're told. You get ahead.

No time to learn, they spend all their time thinking about crap, like vidya and sex,but they are too ashamed to admit that, but also you should not ignore that my first post is also the best post.

What of you ended up homeless months before graduation that lasted for most of your "best years"?

Your fault. It's a shame if your parents raise you improperly so that you value learning too late in life, as well; or, for any of the other factors for that matter that contribute to o-so-proud "struggle" poor people talk about.

The wealthiest people in the world blazed their own path and deviated from said political constructs.

Noone thinks about school in school, but they are ashamed to admit that so they whine like its not their problem.

That's a luxury. A working man is given a free education and all the resources he needs, as long as he heeds it's advice. If you have good grades in school, you are likely to get into a college that is better than community college. If you set your sights too high, you're bound to fail. You will learn things your fellow peers wouldn't know, as well.

I guess it was my fault for not having reliable friends or family that would have helped me out.

I wasn't totally devastated as I had no money for college or a dream, but it was goddamn boring sleeping in parking lots with my family.

parents vary a lot in how prepared/supportive they are of their childs education. many parents are fuckups and dont know shit about how to do well in school or get tenure, so their kids are unlikely to graduate and become college professors.

>Good goy, dont ask,just do as you are told and you will have happy live

Thats what school is teaching you

It fits with society and it will lead you to a point in your life where you are independent.

>If you get good grades in schools, you can go to a good college and get a good job.
Not necessarily
You can get good grades in school and then you can go to a good college but even with that there's no guarantee to get a good job these days
Working for a company as a qualified biologist and then the company decide to relocalize in China or Romania
Then looking for a job knowing there's not so much oppportunities anymore excepted in a burher house or a wallmart, then problems to pay the rent of the house/flat, girlfriend is upset and so on...

>Why do people ignore this advice and then whine about it as they get older and struggle through life?
because muh speshul snowflakeness

You don't learn anything in school except how to be a good little Marxist. Education is a waste of time. Especially since every year there is only one job for every 2 college graduates. University is a scam.

School is literally communism

>work without pay
>judged by not productive
>state runs everything
>absolute power sits in the hands of the few
>truth is what you are told, nothing else

Fuck college, most graduates and get an average job being a fucking cubicle dweller, I'd fucking kill myself. I went into the building trades, electricians. I make nearly 3 times what the average college graduate does.

That's not communism, that's just a warped view of it. It's not Marx's fault that no one decided to apply his ideas properly.

I find that the problem isn't good grades as much as it is a lack of orientation programs.

People don't know what the fuck they want to work anymore and can't grasp a clear road for the future.

Take STEM for instance. There has been so much technological advancement and saturation of knowledge in the past few decades that you have to rely on specialization these days. You aren't a Chemical Engineer anymore for instance because the field has grown too big and wide and you have to specialize in one of at least 50 fucking branches of this field alone, and each branch has more division, and each branch and division needs at least 4 years to master the basics.

You don't need good grades in everything, that's a waste of time. You need good grades in precisely the one thing you have chosen to dedicate yourself towards, and you have to be autistic about it.

The problem is making that choice with so many fucking choices in front of you.

So people who can't figure it out get a brain-burn, especially when they are being forced by people who tell them they need to "just do it" without actually providing any constructive solutions and help.

Not enough high-schools have a defined "career path" program which helps them pave a road and understand what to choose.
The closest thing is getting on youtube, and searching certain job titles and work vids that show what those people do at their jobs and what the requirement are, to have more understanding of what to choose in higher education.

Public education is capitalist as fuck. What is wrong with you?

anybody whoes life goal was to have a "good job" as defined by normie society has never amounted to anything

Some of us just don't give a shit until it's too late.
We need high rank people and low rank people, don't fucking whine about it you lil bitch

That's right be a good cuck. Grow up, get a job and get a nice wifey who loves you for your dependable income. How about get some balls, eunuch.

>turn to page 18 and write down your own version
>highschool

epic, simply epic

> If you get good grades in schools, you can go to a good college and get a good job.
Wrong.

If you have a lot of money, then your children can escape standard education, that teaches literally nothing useful and, induces neurosis and helplessness.

You don't even need good grades to get into a good college.

You just have to be good at an interview process.

Fucking idiots actually believe this shit.

Cool, I graduated college with a pretty good GPA and a STEM major. What city would a chemistry major have to move to be offered a job that supports an apartment? Unemployed 19 months.

It's your own fault for doing a major intended for wannabe med students that mostly end up minimum wage lab rats instead

tripfag is a bum lel

I can't disagree with that. English teaching in Asia/Asian wife/half Asian kids, here I come.

It was past-tense, but of course I can't say I'm doing anything worthwhile. I'm 30-something and have no GED while working at Walmart for the past decade and probably for the rest of my life.

>he fell for the Science meme

LOL. Engineering + med + computer science are the only STEM you should worry about.

This is what you get for being dumb and stupid.

t. 3rd year Chemical Engineering student

see I've accepted this.

So few people actually succeed in med that you shouldn't consider it unless you're suicidally motivated to go through with it.

I've told my younger brother this, and he still insists on going to medical school. I guess I'll be able to tell him the best places in Asia when he becomes an English teacher.

Desu I got good grades senpai. I was a full autist at school. I didn't study untill my a levels though as gcse is piss.

I played chess in my free time and got 4a's (most people only do 3 subjects and get c's and maybe a b). I went to the gym loads. I had no friends really. Lost my virginity at university at 19.

Did really well at uni, studied chemistry, constantly getting 1st grades, still no friends but fucking birches now and having a gf from time to time. It's good.. student loan didn't cover enough rent though, so needed help with parents for a bit of it.

Sister gets pregnant, teenager.. parents end up having to raise the child. I can't study anymore unless I work and then my grades slip, start to study part time instead and work.

I'm 27 and have no technical qualifications, I pay rent, taxes, and am trying to finish my degree. My sister is about to have her third kid from a third guy, who she has kicked out too. Thankfully I have experience as a chef, and rep as a good one. I head a small place and get paid okay.

Life is still shit though, I work hard and barely see my gf..I barely have any money because I have to self fund a degree (no loans for me tyvm). All because of a broken education system where some nigger can study media and have full scholarships, because of his unprivileged background. My sister is degenerate, relies on her children for gibs from the government, and still doesn't work. She has no ambition or qualifications.
Yeah I complain and get angry about it. I did everything right to get ahead, but the gibs social idea took away my oppurtunity to provide a diminished return to society.

>mfw only realised the value of education in my mid 20s
>nearly 30 now and only just about to finish my first year at uni

i blame my parents for telling me "to do whatever i want"

my parents are both 6 fig lawyers and never pressured me to do anything and just said have fun in life and now im a near 30 y/o student living on their money

i actually wish they pressured me to do well in school, my life would probably be a lot different (for the better)

Based Serb gets it. General STEM degrees aren't going to help you much, and college isn't for everyone. It's pushed throughout all of high school that you NEED to go to college for success.

Got a job in engineering mate?

>Go to school full of disruptive council estate children
>Teachers have strike before and during exam period.
>Don't do very well at school.

I've thought about doing a master's in chemical engineering. Though, I would want to do it at an Asian university to give me an edge--what you need in this day and age to stand out among the sea of people who "got good grades in school."

My main issue is that the VAST MAJORITY of people don't care. They're young and a lot of them are unwilling or legitimately unable to plan about their future. How can a kid in school know they fucking love being a test analyst?

My issue is that you get this single opportunity and then are punished for any fuck ups for the rest of your life afterwards. Retaking examinations can become prohibitively expensive when you're not in the system.

Does anyone else feel bad because you did well in education but are too autistic to get a job or made some other mistake?

>was always the "smart kid" in school (most likely I was the most diligent and then most interested in STEM)
>got best school grades in final year
>put no thought in to university choice or subject choice, just chose nearest university to me and engineering
>at university got prizes / scholarship without huge effort

Then things went downhill

>realise a few years in to degree that since my university is ranked about 150 in the world employers will look down on me and it's much harder to get interviews
>realise that my university's curriculum is dumbed down compared to Oxbridge / imperial, to an absurd degree, so there isn't even any intellectual pride I can take (also dislike engineering a lot)
>start failing tonnes of internship interviews due to lack of normieness
>start browsing linked profiles / internet research and realise that higher ranked universities are filled with people who went to private schools, yet still got worse school grades than me, who will always be seen as smarter than me (and will be interviewed by clones of themselves)
>realise that employers care an inordinate amount about extracurriculars / leadership positions and I could never get any because I was a friendless loser

And finally,

>graduated without a job
>only worked part time retailcuck jobs for 1.5 years, failing any interviews I've had

wtf, I hate the university sector / normies now!

>talking to friend in maths
>get singled out for not doing much work
>get put in the runoff class for literal learning challenged kids
>takes me like 3 months of fucking slamming primary school level addition and multiplication before they put me back in the main class
>missed everything to do with circles integration, pythagorean theorem
>barely scrape a C
>when i take maths and physics i struggle with basic and important concepts because i had never been taught it
>have to drop maths
>still have difficulty with these things to this day

>You pay attention in school. Do as you're told. You get ahead.

yea. you get to pay attention to the "head" of a boss telling you what to do. you actually don't get to be the head. just a slave

don't proselytize slavery here you fckin ass

I think there's shitloads of out of work engineers at the moment. Including me. The notion that it would be easy to get decent work made me over confident and I didn't jump on the chances I got as an undergrad.

Do you have actual autism?

So, beyond doing what "we are supposed to do," what must we do to succeed in life when what we are told isn't as simple as studying a subject? How should I get a job when no one wants a chemist with no experience or connections? No one told me to get these.

I had shit grades in school, repeated a year and didn't finish my final year of high school. Still got into uni and am getting high marks.

Kids lack the foresight to understand the importance of education and good grades. Parents these days don't push their children enough to perform well. Schools make sure not to hurt the poor pupils feelings and tell the kids it's okay to get bad grades. My nephew is in 3rd grade and is starting to struggle in school, because he still doesn't understand that getting good grades is important or that getting bad grades will eventually have negative consequences. I remember talking to him about it like a year ago and he said to me "The teachers told me the grades don't matter".

The teachers weren't wrong though. Networking is more important than grades.

This is such a crock of bullshit. I know so many people that have degrees that are in debt up to their fucking eyeballs and when you walk into their house or apt they have very little. I'm a tradesman and I always tell people to go into trades. It's harder to make your own way with a university if it's a non stem degree. Alot of the people I see with degrees are just helpless people with a piece of paper that says they're smart, they look like fools to me. I feel bad for them, because some of them are really great people. I own a fully furnished house with two vehicles and I have zero debt. I don't even have credit card debt and it's all came from working with my hands. My dad thought me how to paint houses when I was a kid and since then I've learned how to weld and work on Hvac equipment. You need to aquire skills not just degrees. Skills pay the bills. It's cliche, but it's the truth.

One size fits all, super wasteful. Paid for through theft.

Tell me how all A's in highschool got you a job?

I have a degree in Econ, public school and the college system are both fucking scams.

^^^This guy knows what's up.^^^ There ain't a goddamn thing wrong with working with your hands.

No point in these threads because its just a circlejerk between engineering, comp science and trade school. Nothing else is allowed.

This is absolutely true but in order to network with the right people you have to get good grades and get into the right school.

In our school system grades determine what kind of secondary school you go to. Kids with poor grades go to Hauptschule, average performing kids to Realschule, better than average ones to Gymnasium (requirement to later enroll at Uni). Sure, nothing is really holding you back from moving up from Hauptschule to Realschule or Gymnasium, but you're gonna have a much tougher time. Telling kids their grades don't matter means they might involuntarily choose a path that will reduce their chances of pursuing a higher paying career.

To be fair like some of the other posters said, no doubt your instructors told you that connections were as important if not important as grades. Because lets be honest here. The work provided is most fields isn't that difficult, and usually a very high percentage of students do or can maintain a high GPA in it. Plus you don't need to be perfect to do a job except in really specific fields. What you do need is the ability to find a job, learn from people, and work as a team and they don't teach that well in universities.

only if you make yourself independent.

>Pay attention
>Do as you're told

Yes Goy, go work in my cubicle farm and my fast food restaurants.

It started out with good intentions -- encourage learning, because learning is generally neglected due to long time for payoff.
But now people put too much resources on it... they've actually started to believe it's a magical dote. It's not though, it just betters your chances in the same constraints.

dote = potion

Then choose a field/profession that is actually needed.

I mean everyone could easily research in advance on their own which fields are more lucrative.

Sure you are free to choose a less lucrative field if you want, but then dont complain about your payment/job situation.

Companies are free to not hire liberal arts majors too.

People want to blame everything but themselves for their bad life choices. Fuck that shit.

American Kids are taught how to pass a test now. The no child left behind act fucked up education in America. Civics also needs to be required in all schools again.

>I mean everyone could easily research in advance on their own which fields are more lucrative.
I only have to blame myself for not doing this, but what annoyed me back when I finished school was that no one prepared me for this decision. Like no one told me what field could suit my interests, no one told me which jobs are in demand or pay well, no one told me which of the universities could be best for me, etc. If you haven't made up your mind at that point, you are already fucked, because you just have to take the next best thing that comes to mind, enroll at whatever university has accepted you and only then, after a few semesters you really understand what you have gotten yourself into.

I guess i agree with you on that. No one prepares you for anything and you just get thrown into it in university.

I had luck that i wanted to do CS to begin with i guess. And even then i questioned myself if i really wanted to keep doing it after the first few semesters. But i stuck through with it and it has been a good decision overall.

But on the other hand, there are some professions where you even know without research that they will not be that lucrative.

I mean everyone knows that social or art fields pay less without having to look it up. And that most STEM degrees are a safe bet for financial stability.

this post is an example of why we need education

Kids and teens don't care about the future. Were you never a kid? You're obviously an ass.

yeah that's my main complaint really. They have started to make "going to college" the new standard insurance, rather than seeing it for what it is - getting knowledge on a field you want to, and can, practice...

This happens in so many things in life though, where you're basically left to the social swarm without actual good advice. At least I hope you didn't get injured for things that people missed to tell.

like, physically injured.

>teach to obey
>teach that the most successful people in human history always went their own way
>be surprised when half the country hates you
Education in a nutshell. Best to be autodidact and get involved with other autodidacts.

How about doing well in high school then go to college and realize it is just a lie so you quit and do something better.

mfw i have dyslexia

if you don't have basic social skills, you're fucked, unless you are truly exceptional, and you're probably not truly exceptional
wish someone had told me that, would have probably just stopped trying a lot earlier

Because its easier to claim racism that doesn't exist. Modern kids confuse competition with racism. They don't get that Obama is kicking their ass running usa into ditch. We are Lucky Trump ran.

I'm not smart, I would definitely fail college if I went.

Not for everyone.
I graduated high school with a 4.2 GPA.
I'm an illegal immigrant (came to the U.S. when I was 3), so I could not get student loans/fasfa/scholarships to be able to go to university.
Now I'm working 3 shitty jobs and going to community college, paying college by myself.

Fuck school isn't good for shit especially common core. Just read and work with a passion do not be afraid to take risks. I mean I had straight As but I never studied.

Better than going, obtaining an engineering degree, be unable to find any STEM job. Do you know how late in life I was developing my social skills and getting redpilled because I was distracted for 6 years in college?

I also didn't go because the idea of thousands of people entering and leaving college each year convinced me that I would never succeed competing against them in the job market.

Because it's bullshit. Employers don't give a fuck how you did in school.

who's a good goy?

be an autodidact fagit

95% of life is just showing up and not running your mouth

you got good grades because teachers coodled you
you cant compete with whites

this is USA board, dont use shitty terms like stem here
engineering or not

That is true unless you're talking about law school then your school and how you did matters.

This is true. I was a slacker in high school through early college and was told I was a waste of potential by my stats teacher. I buckled down and became a finance major and with this last semester pulled my gpa up past the 3.0 threshold while working part time making 12.70 an hour. You can do it.

yeh uh my balls drop then i wagged so i could fuck lg's , this was not so kind to my grades

Good grades but choosing to get a degree in Gender studies will not qualify you for a Good Job.

It's the type of degree that these people are complaining about. Not actually the process of education itself.

just end all public school
end all universities
let private facilities not controlled through regulation flourish
free market
education is miseducation now
look at any democrat and most republicans

Because working hard in college on your studies is pure idiocy unless you're going to become a doctor or lawyer or go to grad school. You're better off sucking 20 dicks and graduating with a 1.5 GPA and having fun while you're experiencing the last good years of your life.

damn your a loser

Education system doesn't give any worthwhile knowledge on how to "live as an adult" and what you paths you are able to take. Schools literally act like the end of school exams are the last step in life. Teachers couldn't give two shits about how a student does in life, they are simply credited and judged on the results their class gets. Nothing more.

I used to have the mindset "School is for sheep... good luck with your debt" as do many people. After working a shitty job in wholesale for the past 6 years, FUCK THIS.

I can tell you this much - unless your family runs a business or you have an EXTREMELY strong work ethic - you will be stuck in a dead end job pulling in a shitty salary for years that you would otherwise get with a BA in your first year.
Just get a fucking degree. (As long as its not in some waste-tier field like "game design")

Most of us here are losers.

There are MANY, many, things wrong with the western education system. What I often didn't like about high school, or norms in general, is that it's often an institution of the blue pill; theyre centers of conditioning in teaching people what to do instead of how to think, reinforcing division of society based on the wealth of ones parents.

If you can't afford all the latest crap, if you have other responsibilities other than school and keeping up with the latest trends in order to be accepted by a bunch of judgemental snobs, then youre the outcast in an imaginary pecking order of society that merely states youre only worth a dollar value to most people in society, rather than any sort of priceless notion of humanity and human being.

And that's entirely on people to subscribe to those values, not me, so i feel pretty great that unlike most, I actually sustain an actual definition of humanity over a lot of blue pills.

I agree with this. Getting a degree isn't everything and you can fuck up along the way. But not getting a degree is one of the many ways you can fuck up.

Also you guys are mainly idiots and are beyond parody. Of course school was boring but why are you fucking complaining about SJW nonsense? That shit barely affected me at school or university.

You know where SJW nonsense has the biggest influence? EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE APART FROM EDUCATION.

stop being lazy
look at skyscrapers
get motivated

I hope on finding my motivation there.

What do you do? I just quit my job as a residential electrician because they wanted me to shuttle around illegals.

>tfw 3.9 high school gpa
>tfw played multiple sports
>tfw it was hard af but would surely pay off

I fucking hate my life

What would you have done differently knowing what you do now to avoid hating your life?