Saudi admits to using UK-made cluster bombs in Yemen

>Saudi Arabia has admitted that it had used UK-manufactured cluster bombs against Houthi rebels in Yemen but promised to stop using them.

>This comes while the UK has been facing criticism for selling arms to Saudi Arabia despite the high civilian casualties caused by the Saudi-led air campaign.

>Notably, UK is signatory to a treaty banning usage of cluster bombs.

theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/saudi-arabia-admits-use-uk-made-cluster-bombs-yemen?utm_source=inshorts&utm_medium=inshorts_full_article&utm_campaign=inshorts_full_article

Nothing wrong with making a few bob on the side

>but promised to stop using them

Just as soon as all the rebels are dead.

If we didn't sell them to the shitskins someone else would, all about making those cheeky pounds

What's trumps stance on the Saudis? Can we invade them?

>US government shills for Saudis for years
>Sells them shit
>They use shit for their war
>They're stupid muslims and just allahu ackbar everything
Wow it's fucking nothing

We've been doing it for years too. They're one of our largest exports in terms of military aircraft and arms as well as civilian aircraft

>saudis can have illegal bombs
>I can't have a pistol

Fuck this country.

>Israel kills a few subhumans who bomb them
LITERALLY WORSE THAN THE THE HOLOCAUST NUKE ISRAEL BDS BDS BDS
>Saudi Arabia basically genocides Yemen for supporting Iran
he he you're a lil' cheeky, Saudi

I'm sorry UK bro.

Why are cluster bombs banned again?

Bump.

Why are cluster bombs and barrel bombs somehow worse than what I suppose is an 'ordinary bomb'? They all rek shit on impact.

why the fuck is the UK able to get away selling banned weapons like this?

seriously wtf

>Because cluster bombs release many small bomblets over a wide area, they pose risks to civilians both during attacks and afterwards.
>Unexploded bomblets can kill or maim civilians and/or unintended targets long after a conflict has ended, and are costly to locate and remove.

if I had to guess it's probably because they aren't very precise (high likelihood of collat. damage)

Ok, but I don't get why barrel bombs are worse than a normal bomb.

Well we had to get rid of them since we won't use them
What's wrong with us making a bit of pocket money on the side?

It's other countries being jealous that they didn't get in to a bit of business

they aren't

>barrel bomb
a bunch of fragmentation effect packed with explosive

>mk82
that, but it looks nicer and more aerodynamic

it's literally the same fucking thing. mk82 are probably "worse" because they a more effective. it's a propaganda line to scare people that don't know fuck all about aircraft.

depending on burst altitude, the spray effect of the clusterbombs aren't really worse than an equivalent high-yield HE bomb.

the real problem is the mines, which cause kicks to get blown in half a decade later when they try to pick them out of the sand.

still, "modern" cluster bombs solved that problem. but i doubt these were modern considering you're hocking them to the saudis.

And carpet bombing is different because?

The Eternal Anglo is a powerful thing, leaf.

>Vietnam can have the fastest cruise missile in the world
>I have to jump through olympic hoops course to have the right to keep a. 38 snub nose in my safe

Fuck you scum, fuck you , why did you leave us with your shit legal system,GOD COULDN'T THE AMERICANS HAVE COLONISED US

Because illegal bombs have a higher retail.

no one bothers carpet bombing anymore. it's a waste of time.

modern bombing systems can generate pretty good hits from ~15,000 feet altitude with unguided bombs. why would you carpet bomb anything when you can just aim at what you want to hit? carpet bombing was only a thing because of the inherent inaccuracy of WWII~ era bombsights.

Kek

Thats good.

We should go back to highly effective weapons like
>Clusterbombs
>Land mines
>Real Napalm
>Butterfly mines
>Flame throwers

Seriously, if you wanna win a war, go to town! make it fucking rain!

>wars
>laws

pick one

You wouldn't exist.

Because they disperse a lot of submunitions that often won't go off at the time of war and just sit around. Then, many years to many decades later, kids find the submunition, which looks like a ball, picks it up and BOOM! Dead or severely fucked for life kids.

It's literally a "To save the kids" thing.

It's not against the law to for the UK to make them nor for the UK to sell them. Just for the UK to use them. Catch the difference?

Thanks for this information, it cleared up a lot of definitions.

None of those are particularly effective.

Because they are evil, unlike our bombs. Stop making your own and buy good bombs from us.

Nothing of worth was lost.

bomlets, when will they learn?

They aren't able to learn the metric system till now, keeps your hopes down.