Half of americans support giving residents 2k when robots take over

I am guessing that it is the same half that expects to be receiving that money, amirite?

What do you propose we do when robots take over?

No, it's the people that realize if nobody has jobs, nobody can buy our robot produced goods. Basic econ, my spending is your income.

People want free money? Golly gee wiz what a fucking mystery as to why. Puzzler of the year. What a worthless poll.

who exactly is supposed to pay ?

so how is the housing market going to work when we all make our "guaranteed" basic income. I guess it is off to public housing for 85% of us.

The robots.

Honestly complete automation of society is the one scenario in which I would support universal basic income.

At that point there's really no other option other than severe population control/genocide.

>survey of 500 people
>Yahoo news

OMG really half the population!!

>automation takes jobs
>robots dont need money, food or shelter
>saves a ton of money
>more jobs for technicians
>those that have had their job taken are compensated by the state

>those that have had their job taken are compensated by the state

change that to "those that have had their jobs taken figure out something humans can do that robots still can't and make themselves useful" and you have a deal

The only way UBI becomes feasible is if we enact child-birth restrictions in tandem. Maximum number of children and basic qualifications to be allowed to have one.

One authoritarian measure begets another. I'm not going to be subsisting the existence of a family of 8 retards.

not true

you're assuming all jobs produce a physical good

the only result of automation will be the death of manufacturing jobs, those people will simply migrate to the service sector to survive

imagine a country full of fast food workers selling big macs and crunchwraps to one another, that's our future

>I'm not going to be subsisting the existence of a family of 8 retards.

Protip: if you pay federal income tax in the US, you already are

Yeah, and I don't want that getting any worse. As it stands they still need to "qualify" for assistance these days and it isn't a guaranteed middle class lifestyle, UBI is different.

No. Robots will perform service jobs too.

>compensated by the state
Red flag

If you dislike universal income, your world view is outdated.
With fewer jobs and more automation, not everyone will need to work as much.

>becoming entirely dependent on the government to survive

what could possibly go wrong

If America gives its humans $2000 then the robots will just move to China or any other place where they can work without having to pay taxes.

>robots will only take manufacturing jobs

nigger you're like 40 years behind. They already took the manufacturing jobs, now they're looking to take over the service industry

Didn't the election prove half of America is retarded, anyway? Who cares.

Independence of the individual is the only true freedom.

a little over half actually

>500 individuals
>About half of Americans
That is not even remotely a possibly accurate demographic

>compensated by the state
You realized the flaw here right?
You have to, UK you can not be this retarded.

>be technician
>have to work shit hours for like 500 dollars more then all the faggots who get paid 2k for not doing any work
>stop working so I can just get 2k dollars
or
>be nignog
>see gibsmedats because technician gets more money then you
>chimp out because white man is obviously keeping you down

It's been this way since the dawn of modern society.

Will I be able to buy a robot to represent me in the workplace?

>never taken AP Statistics, the post

All you faggots taking a lot of shit with no evidence to support your claim.
Here's a nice little graph I made showing how automation actually has effected manufacturing jobs in the automotive sector

My dream is to become a Robot NEET.

kek

You're right

Like all the polls that showed Hillary having a 98% chance of winning the presidency.

Or the polls showing a 90+% satisfaction rating with Putin because most people won't answer pollsters.

Or the New York Times polls that say that "over half of Americans are dissatisfied with Trump's transition", because the NYT pollbase is based on its userbase and thus overwhelmingly liberal.

it should probably be more like $2000 worth of allowances. I don't think universal income is a good idea, but I do think that we need to do something about skill biased change.

That's retarded. Its the large population itself that creates the market for automation. If you kill everyone all of a sudden there isn't a need for automation. No one will buy it or make it because there is no mad dash to meet demand because there is no population.

give me a call, if you find a cherry, cherry 2000.

>guy who owns the factory robots are in = wealth increases 1,000x
>faggot tooo stupid to start their own business = btfo by economic/social evolution

Owning a business never felt so damn good.

>Robots will only take manufacturing jobs
Wrong

>Yes goy, government will decide who gets what.

lies, dammed lies and statistics.

it is funny to see people realize how this shit works for the first time

So this graph says that we haven't gone back to pre-recession levels of employment yet, and that robots have been put into place in very large amounts to handle growth or rebounding of the company.

This means that any new jobs created won't be for humans. Idiot.

Excuse me for being retarded, but does that show a positive correlation between automation and manufacturing jobs?

Are there other lurking variables that would be affecting this relationship?

>20,000 a year is a lot of money

Feels good to be a college student making $25/hr

This isn't actually a joke. The owners of the Means of Production will move someplace where they won't be taxed.

The only real solution is for all white people to own at least some Means of Production, but I have no idea how you would do that.

>they will only take the production jobs!
>and the service jobs
>and the IT jobs
>and the Art jobs
>and the medical jobs
>and the music jobs
>and the sex jobs
>and the steve jobs
stinky dumb human scum

I 100% support a UBI simply because you would have complete, catastrophic economic collapse within 2-3 years max when you have 50% unemployment and the mass exodus of anyone with an IQ above 100 or even a basic work ethic.

Then I will get to watch all of these jelly-bodied, soft boobed Jahanists who make these threads every single day literally die from starvation or from roaming packs of nigger gangs. I could survive, although it would be miserable, although it would be worth it simply as it would result in the mass culling of leftists in this nation through severe destitution.

This is literally why Eastern European countries are not cucked, because communism was so terrible and caused such severe shortages of even basic goods you created hardcore k-selected people.

Liberals really do have a learning disability, the shit is uncanny.

actually declining birthrates are a bigger problem and ruin the economy check Japan. what we actually need is a grace period for UBI where everyone is giving some when they are young for like 5 years and if they don't use that time to develop an actual productive skill then they get exiled/imprisoned in a for profit prison with mandatory college classes

pleb

I make 32 and I work from home and do an online program.

Ayyy good for you tho.

>2,000 x 12 = 20,000

What the actual fuck are you saying? Did I even put forth anything for you to fucking argue against? It's literally just a graph that shows the productivity of workers, the numbers of workers, and how many robots per worker there is. It fucking shows as the robotic density is increasing the productivity of a worker is increasing.
"any new jobs won't be for humans " wtf does that even mean Nigger you assign a robot a predefined task you don't fucking hire it for a job.

The main point of this graph was to show that automation is the cause for the loss of manufacturing jobs and that the number of units we produce is relatively the same. It's just that the productivity for each worker has greatly increased along with it.

52/100 top kek

At least half the country is retarded. We knew that already. Where is the money supposed to come from? You guys are a bunch of idiots. And I'll vote myself a diamond encrusted AR-15, but it'd still be a stupid idea.

Who's going to buy their crap then?

The reason for UBI isn't moral for the poor (though it is), it's because otherwise capitalism stops working.

Amazon Go.

Basically yeah.
$4,000 isn't material. l2accting

2,000 x 12 = 20,000
A College Student

i would have to crunch the numbers, and how wants to do that?

You understand you get the money regardless right?

It's not some subset of people you don't like gettin "free money", it's universal. If you don't understand that concept, I suggest you learn basic english before tackling complicated subjects.

UBI is supported by pretty much everyone who actually studies economics, even most fiscal conservatives support it. Having people in poverty and being homeless vagrants is not good for the morale of the country or the economy. Transitioning the wealth to an increasingly small number of hands will grind the economy to a halt. Even is you think you're just an embarassed billionaire who is going to make it big some day, there are captialistic arguments for self-enlightened altruism in this regard and they are far too nunanced for a Taiwanese rice cooking forum

>I agree UBI is good
>but if they use UBI and dont do anything its bad
>so if they dont we are going to pay more to put them in prison and teach them more, while paying all expenses
wot?

No; it shows that a fuckton of jobs disappeared, and THEN the number of robots started to rapidly increase.

The Jobs (Green triangle line) hits a peak before 2000, then reaches its lowest point in 2009, when the number of robots (purple X line) is also lowest.

Every year after that, both the number of robots and the number of humans increases. Which means that technology has thus far been more labor-augmenting than it has been labor-saving.

Which is fine. It means that more wealth will be generated per worker, which means more aggregate demand, which eventually means more work.

Think of it like this; we are all unimaginably wealthy by pre-industiral standards; automation is thus far continuing this trend.

Reforming education to avoid creating large masses of unemployable young people is probably a bigger concern.

>Like all the polls that showed Hillary having a 98% chance of winning the presidency.

Goddamn, fucking retards, no poll showed that.

The NYT, weeks before, gave Hillary a 98% chance of winning, based on current polls.

THAT IS NOT A POLL. THAT IS ODDS.

For reference, 538 had a 70% Hillary chance at the same time. And the election came down to a few hundred thousand votes in swing states.

The only way I could ever get behind basic income is if it meant most other forms of welfare, such as food stamps and section 8 housing, are abolished

>guy who programs robots, and replaces your business with a cheaper model

My favorite is the dumb shit rich people who can't do math that think they'll be fine

That just transitions the job market further into chair-shuffling bureaucracy

Which is one possible future and if you look at places like USA academia, that is what you get. Is that really what you want? Have you so little imagination?

Work should be done because it needs to be done, not for the sake of working

People have infinite wants that infinitely regress down from their highest level shit like food all the way down to #594,583,837,483 which is handmade Japanese cockpuppets.

There is literally never a scenario from now to the end of time in which their will be no "jobs" because if robots successfully fulfill desires #1 through #1,000,000,000,000,000 with apparently no human input necessitating a "job", humans will simply have freed up labor to do increasingly esoteric shit for people. (and for increasingly extraordinary pay). This is not a hypothetical, this is the history of the industrial revolution.

>20k math is hard
>minium wage is 15,080 a year
>40k student loan debt
>im happy with making 10 bucks an hour out of college
10/10 bait post triggered me good senpai

The people that are pro UBI are the same kind of people people that would buy an electric car because they think electricity grows on trees. We're in the middle of an energy crisis. Who the fuck has the power to powr all of these fucking robots?

>A system I at least nominally have a say in will decide things rather than the arbitrary whims of neo-feudal lords (ie the already wealthy and their descendants)

>Which is fine. It means that more wealth will be generated per worker, which means more aggregate demand, which eventually means more work.

Uh no - aggregate demand is driven by income, NOT the wealth generated per worker. You're conflating some sort of Marxist term of value with wealth it seems.

Consider the possibility where worker productivity is doubled. However wages do not increase. Since the workers are the consumers as well, the demand for goods does not increase either. The company can't sell more goods, so instead they reduce workforce by half.

This further depresses demand, leading to less goods being produced, etc. Depression cycle.

Robots have been working alongside Humans for decades. This is just an excuse not to work.

Exactly.

Here's your 2000$, now fuck off.
What? You spent them all on booze?

Tough luck.

yeah but...who would own the robots? Would they not be earning any profit? I could just get my own robotic factory and pump out consumer products. It could be a time share or...communal ownership. It is about power and creative control, not money.

Half of Americans are fucking retarded. Reminder that half voted for Hillary.

Just learn to be one of the automators, what the fuck.

>15% isn't material

give me 15% of your net worth

Reminder that you didn't read anything other than the headline. It surveyed 500 people... on Yahoo...

The same can be said about the opposite.
Company doubles productivity.
Keeps wages same.
Lowers cost of good
Sells more
Hires more workers
Etc...
You're neglecting quite a few things in your assumption

Yeah. Oil is so expensive now a days to come by.

I actually don't see a problem with this, once the robots do 100% of the work, why should humans have to do anything? The robots are making all the money, but they can't use it for anything, technically the current attempts at government monetary control would actually -work- if none of the employees needed to collect pay, they could hand out as much money as they wanted and it wouldn't hurt the economy in the least, in fact, if they didn't there would be so much surplus money that the dollar would tank naturally.

Why can't we have robots do everything, the robot insurgency will be a thing for future generations to worry about, but fuck them.

Damn, most of my employees only earn 1k a month and you want to give your citizens 2k for doing nothing.

>being replaced by robots
Plebs. Just learn a new set of skills then. It's not like you have to be somewhere.

That same history of the industrial revolution had massive economic disruptions for over a century, including totalitarian states like the USSR in reaction. Nor was it an increase - for a few generations average wages were going down with industrialization, compared to farm incomes prior.

It's possible to imagine a future where very few own robots - and everyone else works as subsistence level emotional prostitutes or something (assuming AI can't do that). It's just not a very good outcome, or one that's likely to sustain for long without violent rebellion.

As long as I can sit at home and masturbate all day and can afford hot pockets I'm fine with this

What is the industrial revolution anyways

>people not realizing the U.S has moved onto nonmobile high skilled labor
Gotta specialize desu

>NOT the wealth generated per worker.

So that wealth just... vanishes?

It doesn't become someone's income?

>Consider the possibility where worker productivity is doubled. However wages do not increase.

So price drops by half as producers fight over the remaining market. Everyone wants to sell their shit, so they start slashing prices.

Or maybe you should stop getting your news from yahoo.

The really funny part is that in econ this actually works - because my spending is your income. But since most people can't understand a federal budget isn't a household checking account, this makes them feel smart.

Fuck them all to death duh

>actually declining birthrates are a bigger problem and ruin the economy
That only makes sense when there are jobs. A UBI leech with 8 kids will produce 8 UBI leeches.

half of americans are democrats who are niggers or want to keep people dependent on the government so this isn't surprising

If all else fails, one can always specialize in cock sucking.

Well, 'least until robots take that job too

>because my spending is your income

Unless (you) happen to be a chink peon.

What if there was a minimum living wage per state?
If you want more money you can get into that field to make more

I'm not saying one or the other is what will happen - both are possible. That's exactly why Ford paid his workers well.

However, given that high wages are in effect a public good, it's more likely to be the depressive spiral.

The reason is if I pay my workers well, and you do not, you have an advantage. My workers buy products from both of us - so you get the benefit as well, but only I pay.

The Sun. Fucking moron talking an energy crisis when we have an uncontainable amount of free energy floating in the god damn sky.

I don't mind this, on the condition they are sterilized.

If we support people who can't find their contribution to society, we ought to consider resources and population.

If we give resources and it ends up being used to support babies, then we have a problem, especially if the parents contribute nothing. This will likely result in more babies who cannot contribute requiring even more resources.

On the flip side, we would be subsidizing the decrease in population, effectively increasing available resources over generations.

Humility. It really comes down to humility. We like to think humanity is the greatest thing there ever could be, but its not. And that's okay.

Going to be real blast when we see the first CFO lose their job to a machine. b/c the next day EVERYONE will replace their CFO.

This isn't just automation of physical labor. All that's going to be left will be creative and scientific work. Even those are gong to be effected by AI until literally nothing is left.

We are seeing humanity becoming replaced faggots. even the people at the top will be replaced and this lesson in humility will be amazing.