Merkel says no to banks-for-cars deal

What now, Brits?

---

Chancellor Angela Merkel is seeking to stiffen German resolve on Brexit, singling out the car industry as vulnerable to any British attempt to strike market-access deals ahead of the U.K.’s exit from the European Union.

In a closed-door meeting with German lawmakers, Merkel said some industries might press for such accords with the U.K. government and that political leaders should oppose them, according to two people who attended. In particular, allowing U.K. banks to do business in the EU in return for Britain granting market access to European carmakers is a non-starter, Merkel was quoted as saying by the people, who asked not to be identified because the meeting was private.

The comments are the most specific signal yet of German concern that Prime Minister Theresa May’s government might try to sidestep the other 27 EU governments and seek sector-by-sector advantages before Brexit talks have even begun. As Merkel seeks to enforce the EU’s insistence on a package deal, some ministries in Berlin earlier instructed officials to avoid back-door contacts with U.K. counterparts for the same reason.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-21/merkel-said-to-close-off-banks-for-cars-brexit-deal-before-talks

Anglos BTFO.

Based Merkel.

I'm soo voting CDU next year.

Good give all the cars to the new Germans and play frogger everyday irl
And fuck you and your mama merkel

the UK is a huge market, and London is the 2nd most important city in finance in the world after NYC

Until article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty is activated it's all speculation, nothing can be decided.

The economic consequences really don't bother me.
Besides, I'm safe in the knowledge that shifting all their operations over to continental Europe in our case, or losing exports in Europe's case, are big enough incentives for the globalist shills to keep things the way they are.

But who knows, maybe Germany can ruin us as much as they have Greece or Spain.

The UK was completely screwed up until it joined the EU.

Let's see why anyone want to get financial services from London if the only export countries for these services are Africa, Ukraine, the Middle East, India and South America.

The EU is the largest single export market for financial services worldwide... ahead of the US.

Merkel will be reelected. What she says is gold, as Germany has a veto right.

yes but an agreement would go against merkel's plans of destroying germany

>But who knows, maybe Germany can ruin us as much as they have Greece or Spain.

It is not "ruin". The point is long term changes happening from the trading relationship.

Goods trading is governedd under WTO rules, services not. So Germany can say, it likes goods trading, but not service trading. As a matter of fact, many EU states (not Germany) have torpedoed freedom in services trading for decades.

Wow based Merkel.

Time for more muslims to buy mercedes to make up for the loss in exports.

I guess brits are going to have to suffer without truck attacks and with british and japanese cars.

Germans are so based.

Listen to this lad, he knows.

Why should Brits not buy German cars as a result of 4-6 percent tariffs... when Brits still buy German cars after a 15-20 price increase due to the pound crashing?

Hey remember how well Britain did before they joined the common market?

>economic sanctions on countries that don't join your union

USA should just do the same thing to the EU for being a bunch of fucking suicidal cucks.

Remember when Germany was German?

Remember when Mexico wasn't a complete shithole?
me neither

When Texas secedes, should it have the exaxt same access to the US internal market as now?

Your cars are fucking shit anyway. VW is lower in reliability tables than fucking Fiat LMAO.

Kek, the image is pretty appropriate.
I'd gladly take a hit to get rid of EU too.

Does knowing there's shithole countries out there help you deal with your own country slowly dying?

you should tell that to the german car industry when they start shutting down factories, I'm sure all those german workers losing their jobs will be happy to hear about it and be able to pay their bills and feed their families with your comments

How is it that we have had 2 world wars with Germany and yet they have still not learned their place.

They hold contempt for Britain while their daughters are getting raped by migrants, you should learn who your real enemy is.

I thought all banks could do business in the EU as long as they follow Basel III?

It's a common complaint becasue American banks have a loophole for mortgage regulations under Basel III (and Basel II) so it's unfair competition.

>Germans be like don't buy or drive our cars
>GM and Japs car makers suddenly have year long erections

Germans really are thick as pig shit

Decent thread. Shame we have to bait people into threads with half nide girls.

They'd rather post in YLYL and Made you Think threads.

Nope, I'm saying we can make them sweat just like they're trying to make Britain sweat.

If a state seceded we would probably kick their ass until they begged to sign a paper saying they want back in.

Why should they close down factories?

The biggest concern of German carmakers for Brexit is not tariffs, the biggest concern is a deep recession in the UK and a further crash of the British pound which cuts demands demand for German cars and increases their price.

Still this asshurt over Brexit :^))

So what you are saying is the worries that the EU was becoming a new government with European countries as States were not an exaggeration?

Only Germany wants these sanctions.

Most of Europe wants to keep current trade relations with the UK because it benefits both sides.
Germany is worries others will follow the UK and quite the EU, that's why they are going against their own economic interests.

funny how this shit basically fucks volkswagen again
but then again she and frog fuck hollande agreed to weaken small and medium companies big time by holding on to the sanctions against russia.
meanwhile the us companies are thriving in russian relations

Why are you so against us?

The way i see it, we are doing everybody a favour.

Was it, the east Germans did not think so. If you get chance read up on the Stasi reports on the UK joining the common market.

You need an EU bank license to operate in the EU. All American banks have to have a subsidiary and a license in the EU. Currently they are all in London and are regulated their.

Reciprocal approach for non-EU banks doing business without an EU license in the EU is highly problematic and is essentially not done at all.

Yes, the UK was the sick man of Europe in the early 1970s.

A citation is very much required on this one

Actually, Ford's sell well in the U.K., from what I understand. I'm sure that the giant American car companies wouldn't jump on this chance to bury the Germans... no sir not at all.

Being involved in 35 wars from 1900 -1970 isn`t actually going to be healthy is it?

It feels like a marriage in which we had big problems, one kid was a druggie, one was broke, another one got preggo without being married etc. and we got through it all somehow... even though we quarreled and then some day, out of the blue, you just said "I am leaving"... but not only do you still live in the same house and don't want to send the divorce papers, you also get irritated that we don't really want to have sex any more.

Fuck you and your red tape pinball its always rules,rules,orders,licences,lighten up for ficks sake its christmas
And new years coming soon or as its known now ficki ficki night

That is simply not how markets work.

Yes, but any country's banks can open a subsidiary in the EU.
They don't need special permission from Angela Merkel.

Hence why we had all those Icelandic, Turkish, etc banks.

So excluding British banks will require special regulations aimed solely at Britain.
We won't stand for that, my Nazi friend, we still like Britain.

Those are some right slags m8

Germany has a veto, Dutch dude.

Jesus the body on the left one.
Pity about the face.

Who the fuck cares about the economy when your children are literally being murdered on the streets. I'd take a major recession over Merkel's immigration policy any day of the week.

How do we meme it to Make Germany Great Again?

>Not wanting order
>not wanting rules
Fuck you

GET of pacifism

>When Texas secedes
There's where you're confused. You can't leave the US.

So if American car makers sell well now on WTO terms, why should German carmakers have problems on WTO terms?

You act as though we had a good relationship.
Britain was a voiceless country within the EU because of our relationship with the USA.

They need special permissions from the local governments and since the start of this year, from the Frankfurt based, Germany controlled ECB.

You can veto AGAINST new laws.
You cannot veto IN FAVOR of a new law.

Only Germany will want this crazy anti-Britain law.
We will veto against you.

>Britain was a voiceless country within the EU because of our relationship with the USA.
I don't get your point

>voiceless country within the EU
You what?
The UK apposed any changes and deeper integration, where possible.

So she's willing to lose a shit-tonne of customers - and money - just to spite us?

We Anglos should have put an end to the G*rmans when we had the chance. They've proved multiple times they can't be trusted.

The UK had union problems in the seventies. That was the reason for the moniker. Industry was strong. The east Germans believed if the UK did not rush in to the common market, it could eventually dominate Europe. Unfortunately our politicians were rubbish.

Why would we be part of a system in which our opinions and ideas always fall on deaf ears?

Why should Germany lose customers? Germany exports to the whole world, why not to Britain? We export goods, not services. Goods are fine tk export under WTO terms.

Someone doesn't know their history

our gdp per capita was roughly equal to Italy during the 70s

Achmed please. How feee market systems work is pretty damn simple. Germany shits the bed and starts demanding more and more for its products (Shitty Vw's ect). This lessens the demand in the U.K. People in the U.K. start to look for other options. Other non retarded companies start offering their goods at a more competitive price. Customers will switch from German garbage to American and Japanese hotness.

Now don't you have a delivery to make in your truck soon?

No I mean why do you think you're a "voiceless country" and what does it have to do with Murica.
You we're pretty clearly number 3 after France/Germany

Do you make all of your economic decisions based on what communists tell you or do you pick and choose?

Next election? If Kek wills it...

Sorry, buy the point is there has to be a post Brexit trade arrangement between the EU and the UK and we can definitely veto every single provision in it.

Really lanky, the boobs just look weird, when you factor in that face she gets a 5/10 at best.

I'll take the slag on the right any day.

But you remember that you also have to pay tariffs, right?
America/Japan/etc. don't have an advantage because WTO rules exist

93 percent of all EU laws were passed with Britain voting yes.

So much for being "voiceless". Most EU financial regulation was drafted by the UK.

Are Gemran really that short sighted or autistic?

BRITAIN IS NOT TURKEY, no seriously no matter if London is Pakistan 2.0, Anglos have not only the technology, but the production capacity to beat japan manufacturing cars or just anything.

>but my german cars for rich yuropoors
You got the monopoly thanks to Brussels, wait till USA start dealing more with UK and you cant isolate them but accept the fact other local nation is now competing with you in the same market.

>mein cheap workforce rapefugees
Not even you believe in that meme, China is desperate to annex an entire sea because they only have 15 more years of "devaluated fiat currency and slave labour" advantage. Automation will make Robots the next Personal Computer 2.0 and yes every month it passes pic related gets lighter, stronger and cheaper opening its use to other economic activities including services.

Do you really belive a bucnh of Somalian, Afghani and Poles are going to join the STEM workforce to push economy? Maybe some Russians and Indians immigrants but thats it,

Whoever thaught this kind of mercantilism betray to another european nation is still living in the eastern soviet bloc. Its simple economics.

>Anglos have not only the technology, but the production capacity
>english industry
This must be a jest

The secrets of your enemy are always useful to know.

Who's to say we won't sign free trade deals with the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, etc... Plenty of countries have already expressed a keen interest in trading with us. We also have the commonwealth we can rely upon.

We don't need you Hans. I know it's hard to accept but you Germans have a massively overinflated sense of self importance in the world. The eurozone is the weakest economic zone in the world in terms of growth. Even Africa is growing faster. Why should we tie ourselves down to your failing union?

Just electric boogaloo blockade them again with our navy if they act up

>Who's to say we won't sign free trade deals with the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, etc... Plenty of countries have already expressed a keen interest in trading with us.
Because negotiating free trade deals takes a shitload of time and you'd first have to negotiate all the deals you are no longer part of after leaving the EU.
Not to mention that Europe is still your biggest trading partner.

>Who's to say we won't sign free trade deals with the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, etc...
The EU just concluded a free trade deal with Canada and is concluding one with Japan in the next 8 weeks.

And no free trade deal in the world gives the UK access to their internal service markets. The US hasn't even provided Canada access to its internal services and financial market.

So the question remains, how will the UK fill the void that exists from services exports to the EU being curtailed. The UK has a net importer of goods. The UK economy would have to do a massive swing towards high tech machinery, cars etc. to fill the trade deficit gap.

P.S. Africa might be growing fast but the combined GDP of Africa is extremely small. Forget South Africa and Africa is miles away from even the Dutch GDP.

I used to admire germany, would buy their football tops for £50 :(

>Merkel said some industries might press for such accords
>accords
What did the bloody badger mean by this?

From the WTO's website
There is no legally binding agreement that sets out the targets for tariff reductions. Instead, individual members of the WTO have listed their commitments to cut and bind tariffs on goods schedules that are part of the Uruguay Round Agreements. Additional commitments were made under the 1997 Information Technology Agreement.

No lega;y binding agreement. That means the U.K. Could get tariffs down to zero in a trade deal with the US or Japan or China, and still have tariffs for the EU, or more specifically just on Germany. Do you really think that individual member states of the EU are going to risk losing billions of euros in trade just because that jackbooted Hitler wannabe in Berlin thinks she is in control of the New Reich?

Without beneficial trade deals, you'll see even more nations leave. Hell, France is looking to get out, so is Italy. All you'll be left with is Spain and Greece.

Okay we'll do that then.

It's better than being run by Brussels and Merkel.

Let me teach you a few facts about the island.
>high end metallurgic
check
>high end electronics industry
check
>high end chemistry plants
check
>high end composite material plants
check

To put it in different perspective they made nuclear submarines with ICBM launchpads, generation 5 jet engines.
>English cars haahha they were utter shit user
Yes, but it isnt the 80s. CAD/CAM solve all the problems faced in the past.

Now lets talk about their resources; unless you plan to force Norway and Russia to do what you want, Britbongs have unlimited supply for their energy demand and materials for their chem plants.

Negotiating trade deals is hard and time consuming in the EU, due to the number of members. The UK will not have that problem.

Might be a good thing for us to start investing in our own industry.

You still haven't addressed the elephant in the room: the fact that the EU is not experiencing growth and is in all likelihood headed for a new recession. Do Germans not realise what's happening in Greece and Italy? How long do you think you can keep propping them up?

Alpha's and Jag's are still shit though. That isn't ever going to change. Bentley's and Rolls are master class.

Vote AFD you cuck

Fuck me, i had a stupid attack, Alpha Romeo are fucking Italian. I am an idiot

Tell me more how the UK will manage to push through their demands better than the EU can.
Size of your economy matters in those regards

Did you mean Aston Martin?

>Merkel
>Doing anything to help us in any way
>not giving the country away to foreigners who are trying to kill us
>the Brits and Poles not being the #1 neighbors who were always trying to kill us

Fuck Merkel and fuck you for selling her shit. She is a Polish murderer of German children and her and anyone who supports her should be tied to two LKWs and slowly ripped apart, just like how she killed those poor people at that Christmas Market in Berlin.

The WTO only allows maximum tariffs which aren't much for cars. The swing in the pound this year was massive compared to any potential tariffs that could be imposed under WTO rules.

Then, the EU single market is one market with one customs union. The UK could not impose tariffs on just Germany, it would have to do so on the whole single market under WTO rules.

Lastly, all this talk is completely irrelevant. Both sides see WTO tariffs as an absolute maximum. Plus, on the goods trading side there are literally no disagreements, the disagreements are on the agricultural market due to subsidies levels and fishery protectionism in the UK as well as on services which is not covered by the WTO.

Isnt that bretty english per se? An ugly car for the peasants and a smooth ride for the elite.

Anyway point was that German policy towards UK is counter productive and it will eventually fire-back.

>Rolls
About that

>The EU is the largest single export market for financial services worldwide... ahead of the US.
and the EU's biggest export market in the world is the UK

what now, faggot? you think 54% of us will ever buy another one of your cars if you fuck us over? think chavs won't target german motors?

play nice, and so will we

We're the fifth largest economy in the world. If Canada, Australia and others can manage I think we can too.

So why does the US take so long to netotiate trade agreements then? I am not talking about TTIP but a Us-China agreement or a US-India agreement or a US-Japan agreement etc. They have tried for years and aren't even in form discussions.

The EU negotiates free trade deals just like the US - centrally via the Commission. The problem is ratification should an agreement include mixed matters like CETA.

implying merkel cares about her countrymen

still, who cares about the economy, sovereignity and control of borders is far more important. it's mostly the rich fags that stand to lose out anyway

The EU actuallt grows considerably, despite what the UK tabloid media says. There is no uniform growth and due to the lower population growth compared to the US the growh is not as fast, but there is notmal growth.

Second largest manufacturer of airplane engines though, also huge in marine and defense.

RR has a lot more going on than cars.