Are companies like Uber and Robinhood bad for the small guys? It depresses wages and makes tons of professionals useless

Are companies like Uber and Robinhood bad for the small guys? It depresses wages and makes tons of professionals useless

"Professionals"

The fuck is robinhood?

They largely benefit the upper middle class or wealthy.

Silicon Valley is big on creating on-demand companys where wealthy people can spend money instead of time.

A lot of people dont mind the paycut when you essentially get to choose your own hours and work when you need money. But you arent going to find like poor people using task rabbit and hiring people via apps to come wash their car, do their laundry, clean their house, pick up their grocerys.

I just imagine if you got like a super wealthy guy from 500 years ago. Brought him to modern times, gave him an iphone with all the on demand stuff. He'd be impressed how you can summon your servants so quickly.

No fee when. Buying stocks except when taking the cash out of Robinhood.

Stock trades are cheap enough as it is. Just use interactive brokers... why would you trade stocks if you can't afford a few dollars in fees?

So OP is arguing that bankers and stock traders are "small guys"?

these retards think frictional costs are whats keeping their stock trading down.

literally kangz tier argument.

No, the guys who work TDAmeritrade or other brokerage firm s

Haha. "I can't be investor class because of trade fees". Nobody tell them how much you need in the market to make any serious money.

Even a great rate of 20% per year would only leave you with an extra $200 if all you can afford to invest is 1k. They don't have enough free money to ne playing around in stocks.

So he is arguing that capitalism is harming the people who make a living off capitalism? Kind of funny. People are gonna lose jobs because of automation and programs. This is a symptom of capitalism, its too efficient which forces out the non-efficient things(humans).

a /biz/ meme

The whole "sharing" economy and Silicon Valley 2.0 is a communist meme and they can't even see it in front of their stupid fucking STEM faces. We're literally watching a communist ideology infiltrate a section/area of capitalism and watching it fail and fall on its stupid fucking face again. It's hilarious, tbqhwyfam.

My only question is why am I not allowed to "day trade" with less thn 25k in an account? Personally I think that is whack as fuck and seriously shits on the little guys ability to make extra income

Do you even know what communism is? Uber and Robinhood still charge you to use their service.

They're what you call
>disruptive innovation
which is Silicon Valley capitalist codeword for
>strong-arming into the marketplace with illegal business practices hiding under the guise of technology
Uber is basically "moonlighting made easy".

>Do you even know what communism is?
>NOT TRUE COMMUNISM!

Literally the first reply.

Listen, man. You can keep following the wannabe philosopher God kings of Silicon Valley 2.0 or you can wake up and see what's really going on. It's communist infiltration at its finest.

We can discuss this further if you want.

Dark days are coming, friends. Unless we put a stop to it. Dark days are coming.

I actually used robin hood to buy a little john deer before the election, along with a few construction firms.

Feels good.

How exactly are things like uber communist in nature? If anything it sets up competition against other companies. The fittest will survive. Cab drivers tend to give shit service desu and über gives a better experience usually for less. Now they are fucking over their drivers but it's up to the driver to stay on or not.

I just wonder how long Uber has left, they have yet to turn a profit and are hemorrhaging huge amounts of money. Real question is who will be left holding the bag

Apparently they are still worth more thn Twitter and GM combined

>>strong-arming into the marketplace with illegal business practices hiding under the guise of technology

Intel mastered this years ago

sounds like a bubble to me

>private business
>thrives despite the gubment trying to stop it so they can make money off taxi medallions
> COMMUNISM

yeah, no, you're a fucking crack pot

That's how the market works, people will lose their jobs and have to learn new skills to adapt to an evolving world. That's how it's supposed to be.

So nobody will mind if I start policing on my own?
Or doing surgery on people?
Or teaching kids?

Go home you AnCap fool. We have criteria for being a professional in a profession, so that we can have some kinds of standards in society. If you want free market, go to Somalia.

>t. Out of work taxi driver

This entire thread is a soft shill for robinhood.

(sigh)

God damn it. I don't give a fuck about Taxis. I care about the founding concept of America and the fundamental ability of a man to be able to, if he so chooses, change his status/position in society independent of any decisions of a state, the community, or the corporation. Based on these foundational principles and fundamental truths, thinking long term and only long term, in no way do I see the continued push of the "sharing" economy onto society as a whole as a "good" thing.

Call me a crackpot if you will. I don't care.

Yes, in the short term, a company like Uber is cool and hip and great. Long term, it goes everything I believe to be intellectually honest.

>God damn it. I don't give a fuck about Taxis.
Taxi drivers, obviously. But I don't care about that, I care about Silicon Valley siphoning money out of our economies for doing nothing and skull-fucking the honest blue-collar people driving real taxis in the process.