When did the right start winning the "common sense" arguments...

When did the right start winning the "common sense" arguments? I used to watch the daily show with Jon Stewart and he made really good points poking holes in recucklicans' arguments, but now the left has no holes to poke because the right is for lack of a better word, righteous. When did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83LDtji3iEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The left has gone so batshit insane that the right no longer has to go far right to compete, they can just be moderate

bump

1. I voted for Trump 2. The gentleman in that picture, Tucker Carlson, is a fucking idiot from way back.

What you got agaisnt the Tuck? Are you going to tell me about his falsehoods?

Go take a look at his work from the bowtie phase. Some things cannot be forgiven.

Because people only start doing stupid stuff once their party is in power. In two years left-wing shows will be edgy and critical and insightful yet again when, for example, some Republican Rep. tries to pass a bill outlawing any non-religious video game.

I'm not your fucking research assistant just make a fucking point you heeb.

When I saw Tucker Carlson had "re-emerged" from the dark slime... I had all the proof I needed that US news television shows aren't even TRYING to practice journalism.

Fpbp because its so true

The party out of power always benefits from having something to rail against. Trump is, for the liberals who choose to rediscover federalism, seperation of powers, and a limited state, a godsend.

>writing prompt
>open-ended

This guy was a neo-con fuckboy twink. Trump is nowhere near a neo-con. This pathetic looser Tucker Carlson is trying to warm himself in the glow of Trump's victory. Just like a bunch of other idiot neo-cons coming out of the woodwork. Trump's victory represents the final death of the neo-con stupidity. If the republican party and it's shills try to peddle neo-con bullshit again, they will get kicked out very quickly.

Cucker Carlson primarily debates total morons to win arguments, the things discussed on his show are rarely interesting/engaging.

Tucker's a Ron Paul guy

The Left never had good arguments, they just relied in Conservatives being unwilling to really fight back because muh respectability. Jews and leftists lie, insult, & twist things so badly that the only way to defeat them rhetorically is to insult and belittle them right back. They don't play by rules of civility and honour, so if you do then you will lose.

Tucker has always been /ourguy/

youtube.com/watch?v=83LDtji3iEY

Funny how these talking heads can just humiliate themselves shilling for one group of politicians, get the shit beat out of them on air and at the polls, then take a vacation and come back completely remade... shilling for someone else.

The leftists started losing common sense arguments when they became openly racist closeted marxists, with too little situational awareness to even understand the logical conclusions of their loosely held (but fiercely defended) beliefs.

When they ditched to neocons.

The left were never right, you were just younger and didn't actually understand any of the arguments being put forth.

the left won all the issues that mattered to people. racism is bad, homophobia is bad, etc.

but the left doesn't realize that now they've won those battles, they now have to stop calling everyone racist homophobes. people now see that the left will never ever be satisfied and won't leave people the fuck alone, just like the religious right used to do.

I hate Samantha Bee but go back and listen to old Jon Stewart and still find it funny/agree with it.

>When did this happen?

You got older user. You've learned that a Jewish manlet and a liberal audience smugly laughing at an out of context soundbite isn't an argument.

This is what I try to explain to my liberal friends
In the bush years it made perfect sense to support dems cause those guys were idiots working for globalism
Now the pendulum has swung to far and needs to be pulled back to the middle. Except the far left is way scarier then the far right ever was

he started off his career projecting to be a gay person

because they turned into the old right

The left is now openly racist and sexist, they're authoritarian and hate free speech, they've become more religious than the right but worship things like welfare, affirmative action, universities, abortion, feminism etc instead of god. Their politicians are utterly corrupt, they're warmongering with Russia, they have aligned themselves with and support domestic terrorist groups like Black Lives Matter, as well as foreign ones like ISIS, they riot in the streets everytime they don't get what they want.

It just goes on and on, every single the left criticises the right for (warmongering, racism, inequality, ignorance, sexism) they've become guilty of themselves but to an even more twisted and delusional degree.

well he sure slurped up a bunch of neo-con jizz on air during the horrible Bush years.

Pretty much this. I was so happy to see that Trump would fight without tying his nuts behind his back.

Republicans have had issues with plenty of things. Creationism, an over-reliance on religion to shape policy and political beliefs (or at least an over-reliance on it as a justification), denial of climate change (not man made or global warming, just natural trends), an exaggerated faith in the free market as a magic fixer instead of a powerful moderating force, a perceived lack of empathy for the disadvantaged (arguable), some hypocrisy on the role of government (like championing social restrictions on the federal level while decrying federal regulation).

These issues are more intellectual in nature and most don't have serious practical implications. Meanwhile the problems with the left are actually dangerous enough to erode the foundations of western civilization, to be dramatic. Politics is about picking the least bad option, and Republicans have been it at least since World War II. It hasn't been helped by the fact the left was likely infiltrated by genuine communists encouraged by the KGB back around the time of the civil rights movement.

So? He wants to preach the good word even if he only does it for popularity, let him. You heeb.

>choosing Iran for annihilation before Saudiland
Wew lad

>Muzzies call for annihilaton of the west
>Terrorism
>"US has moral authority to wage preemptiev war, has never sought hegemony, and should annihiate Iran"
>enlightened punditry
no wonder Sup Forums shills for him so hard

>Tick Tock
>Time passes
>The pendulum swings.