Staten Island and Long Island

why did these 2 boroughs vote for Trump while everyone else voted for Clinton?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j2zIu-1KUsw
thinkingsociology.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/school-zone-segregation-on-long-island/
mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/nyregion/they-keep-finding-bodies-gang-violence-in-long-island-town-fuels-immigration-debate.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only people who voted for Trump are rural and suburban retards.

City people all voted for Hillary.

Staten island and long Island are part of nyc you fagtard.

Yeah but have no resemblance to the rest of the boroughs.

Staten Island is full of old fashioned racist Italian immigrants.

Staten Island is full of old school Italians, and some Irish.

Long Island is not a borough of New York City, Brooklyn and Queens are boroughs ON Long Island. Both went Clinton. You are asking about Suffolk County, which is 80% white, 52% Catholic. That should answer your question.

Long Island isn't a borough you stupid fucking cun't. And not even all of Long Island voted Republican. Only Suffolk County.

>City people all voted for Hillary.
False. I voted Trump

Whitest parts of downstate NY. The locals hate all of the Central Americans that are being brought in but Cuomo and wealthy cunts don't give a shit

t. Suffolk

More white people, less rich people, fewer students

I may be biased but I consider Nassau County to be one of the best places on earth to live. I wish we went Trump though.

Nice copypasta, I saw a leaf posting this word for word a couple of days ago.

>using an anecdote to combat statistical evidence
I knew Storm Drumpers were stupid but not this stupid.

That's were the bigoted Italians live.

>City people all voted for Hillary.
You're argument is false

Staten Island is really white compared to the rest of the city. A lot of blue-collar people, too. It's like night and day compared to the rest of NYC.

I saw tons of Trump signs up here and almost everyone I know openly supported him.

t. Staten Islander

Long island is filled with rich jews.

Based Staten Island. It must suck being surrounded by hard blue shit-lib counties/boroughs.

There's a solid chance NY could flip red in the following years, it got considerably redder this year, and it has been getting more and more red since 2008.
Pic related is 2008.

It's horrible. Most of the problems Staten Island has can usually be traced to other parts of the city. We tried to break away but got jewed out of it

Then you go to 2012.
It got a little bit more republican leaning. But nothing too big.

staten island is filled with wops and suffolk is filled with rural wealthy white people. nassau however is a mix of both plus tons of blacks and illegals filled in hempstead

That mostly applies to Nassau. The areas around Great Neck (where the Great Gatsby took place) are now filled with rich Jews and some Asians and Pooinloos instead of Anglos.

There are some rich Jews in Suffolk, particularly in the Hamptons and on the North Shore, but most white people in Suffolk are working class and middle class Irish and Italians

Outside of NYC, the state has a large white working class. If the Dems keeps hammering in the same tactics they've been using, it's possible. Improbable, but possible.

But then you go to 2016, in wich the republican candidate has been demonized like no other before and you have the reddest map in the last decade.
After Trump's presidency seeing how america will become a better place, we may see NY flipping res by 2020 or 2024.
If that happens say goodbye to any democrat candidate ever winning again, unless of course democrats change their current liberal cucked policies into more conservative ones.

i love nassau and love long beach too but damn its expensive here i wish it were cheaper

You are right but it still is the place in America with the most Jews.

Long Island is like a pocket of the South in the North, except less niggers, less Proddy nutjobs, and less hamplanets.

man first thing you gotta understand about staten is that they are seperated from the "city", allnew york outside "new york"is literally a different atmosphere,i dont understand how you americans are this deluidedwithin youre own nation
youtube.com/watch?v=j2zIu-1KUsw
just chill god damn

it definitely wont flip because NYC is a shithole. nice to see that suffolk went red though, i lived there a long time and didnt think they'd do it. glad i escaped cause holy shit good luck living there with no money.

Basically older people here are mostly republican, but all the millennials are dems.

-Long Islander

all the milennials are fleeing anyway because you cant live there on your own.

All the young people I know on SI are Republican

Also note how the aside from manhattan and the bronx, queens, staten island and long island have got redder.
The state may flip quite soon, but we may see a more republican NYC in a few decades.

Most are still living with their parents are moving to "hip" Brooklyn

or*

This kek

Drive out to eastern Suffolk and there are farms and Confederate flags as far as the eye can see. The same goes for a lot of upstate. It's the weirdest thing but I'm not complaining

You're fucking retarded lmak

Not much of a chance for that my friend. Pic related is the voting results for 2016. In PA, Wisconsin, and Michigan it was ten of thousands of voters who switched. In New York the city is way too liberal and it's millions of voters that make up the margin. Very low chance you can that switch but it's possible

I love Long island. It's expensive but if you find a good deal, then its great. But of course liberals are doing their best to ruin it. Practically inviting the illegals to come shit the place up.

I'm from Suffolk County, moved out 20 years ago. Everyone I know there is redpilled and conservative, they all hate the state govt and NYC liberals.

Lets say the Five Boroughs became its own city-state with its own electors, would upstate New York have voted Republican this election?

I figured that, but i mean many other big towns or small cities in NY have become red, and traditionally red counties have become even a darker shade of red.
Also note how queens and staten island and long island are redder as well

this election? absolutely. its pretty much a different state up there, lots of farms and nothingness.

A remnant of a better America.

My mommy told me that Long Island is where all the jews live

There's definitely a trend but not in the right places. The other boroughs are some of the bluest parts of the country

Based putnam county

Yes. The only reason Jew York is always blue is because of the liberal dump known as NYC, specifically Manhatten.

There are a lot. Mostly in Syosset. They stick together.

Wantagh, Merrick, Bellmore, Syosset, All of the north shore.

Because we wanna get rid of all the fucking wetbacks. Especially out here in Suffolk, places like CI, Brentwood, Patchogue, Huntington Station. For fucks sake their is an Equadorian embassy in Brentwood.

I called Long Island the day I went to the Bethpage rally and had to wait 3 hours to get in. People were waiting for a bus from the LIRR station just to see him. If that didn't mean they were gonna vote for him I don't know what is.

Also from Suffolk can confirm.

The island is not the city. Fuck off faggot.

I'm proud my county went red. Long Island is pretty based

>Wyandanch

Only Long Islanders will get this meme

good one

>Crimedanch

WEandanch

Straight Path.

The Dragon's Lair.

You mean Crimedanch, I live 15 minutes from the station, grew up in Deer Park. Fuck those niggers. They are starting to gentrify around the station and pushing all the coons into DP. How many times my neighbors tell me, if you move out don't sell to niggers.

I live in Suffolk county (the East bit of Long Island) ask me anything. We're not part of the city btw

I live in Lindenhurst,its fine here for now. But the illegals, they're like cockroaches. Once you have them it's over. Suffolk says it's cracking down on the gangs but something tells me it's only going to get worse. Hoping for the best.

Staten Island and Long Island is filled to the brim with Italians.

Enough said. Italians can be stuck up cunts but from my experience, routinely vote republican.

I grew up in Brentwood and I sincerely can't believe what has happened to that town.

Hoping it doesn't spread to other towns.

>Grew up in Deer Park

I took tennis lessons there, is it a nice place to live? I always got a bit of an """urban"""" vibe to the place.

If they don't get MS-13 under control, it's going to spill over into other towns in a matter of years. I'm so glad my family got out of there.

good thing long beach is still 85% but thats decreasing and the white people are basically the niggers

>Brentwood

I'm so sorry. You can walk through that hellhole (at your own behest) and not hear a word of English

>tfw you live in West Babylon and while whites are still a solid majority, the Squatemalans and Salvadorans have become more numerous in recent years
Pls help

Can we all agree that Babylon is literally the worst town in Suffolk

thinkingsociology.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/school-zone-segregation-on-long-island/
>mfw LI is still segregated

ugh, I like living here too. Always see LI as a nice calming place, but within a reasonable distance from the city if you want to have a fun night. Blows that these roaches can fuck it up.

It's alright. Not great not bad. It's good if you like staying home. Used to be pretty quiet and was just racing on DPA during the weekends. Now that the Outlets are there the traffic is 10x worse than it was before. That place is a fucking nightmare.

>TFW live in Bay Shore and all my neighbors are white

What part of Bayshore? I used to work there and you could tell there was a ton of spillover from Brentwood

You must not live near the high school / train station.

mfw the ms13 only kills the blacks in my town

never stop your enemy while he makes a mistake

Without getting too specific, it's near Brightwaters

>CI
>Brentwood
>Wyandanch

To name a few

My town is pretty Republican. Sure we got Liberals but they are a minority. Suffolk is flooding with spics tho. My job is about 90% Hispanic and I work in a warehouse in Bohemia. My town Ronkonkoma iis just a boring shithole filled with dopeheads. They're too high to care about politics.

most of long island isnt ffs. Nassau and Suffolk counties are separate from NYC. I dont even live in New York and I know this

No we're not

I'm from NYC and the ones in Staten and long island are wanna be Gotti family retards. They think it's still the 80's when they were relevant.

Though they lean "republican," they hate everyone even cops (stll Gotti mentality) and yeah also you peckerwoods from the midwest.

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/nyregion/they-keep-finding-bodies-gang-violence-in-long-island-town-fuels-immigration-debate.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Reminder that all of Suffolk will look like this in 10 years if Trump doesn't take action fast. Electing him was a huge step in the right direction though

Nah, New York is like Illinois. The shitty megacity drags the whole state down with it.

Bullshit, Staten Island has the most cops living there outside of Nassau county and Long Island. That's the fucking reason they vote Republican. That and firemen.

Long Island consists of Kings (Brooklyn), Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk counties. Brooklyn and Queens voted for Clinton so yopu can't just say Long Island voted for Trump. Now the suburbs (Nassau and Suffolk) county on Liong Island voted for Trump. And just for your education there are 5 burroughs of NYC: manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Richmond (Staten Island) - that's it.

In answer to your question it's because they're more white and tired of the political correctness and liberal bs.

I can't see any city that voted for De Blasio going Republican any time soon.

>DeBlasio

I can't wait until Trump cucks that faggot and marches in federal troops in order to enforce immigration laws

Long Island is not a part of NYC. Staten Island is.

Also Staten Island is the most white borough with a lot of working class Italians, Irish, and Russians. Also a lot of the FDNY and NYPD lives in Staten Island so it is easily the most right wing borough.

It's amazing to see someone attempt to bring the city back to Dinkins era NYC. At one point it looked like he was going to be a one term mayor but I've given up on trying to figure out why people vote the way they do.

Staten Islander here, Trump was the greatest chance the Republicans had of it NYC going red. He was very well liked over here before deciding to run and very famous. I think that if it was not Trump running and it was a Southern Republican Ted Cruz type on a similar platform as Trump with the media attacking him the same way he would have done way worse.

In Staten Island Trump is very well liked since it is loaded with NYPD and FDNY and it is one of the last few spots of NYC that have a large enough demographic per capita of white people who are not recent immigrants.

Did i fucking say that cops/firemen didn't live there? The way NYC is becoming, i don't see that lasting long. Too many outsiders coming into the city and making NYC feel like the fucking midwest.

Ok just did some quick googling.

It appears unfortunately that Hillary would still have won Upstate New York even in a Five Boroughs - 51st State situation.

Taking into account ONLY Hillary and Trump votes.

The Five Boroughs: 2,569,644 Votes

Hillary - 76.66%. 1,969,920 votes
Trump - 23.34% 599,724 votes

Upstate New York + Nassau/Suffolk: 4,791,920 votes

Hillary - 53.78%. 2,577,298 Votes
Trump - 46.22%. 2,214,622 votes

Democrat Majority
7.57%
362,676 votes

trump

One of the most segregated areas in the country. You'll have one town full of spices and niggers and the next town over are practically all Whites. It's pretty hilarious if you ask me, at least you funnel all the minoritys into concentrated areas

I LIVE IN SUFFOLK COUNTY. IF YOU FUCKERS CALL US A BOROUGH AGAIN, I WILL FUCKING FIND YOU.

Seriously, Suffolk is half farmland. We're not an urbanized area.

Im from staten island!!! Lots of mexicans in port richmond. Its like a different country, all th awnings r in spanish.

Im a strong islander massapeqa here and it's because massapeqa seaford wantagh etc are 100 percent white and Italian and Irish upper middile class

Shut up Borough