CSfag

>CSfag
>applied for an entry level job on the 10th
>interviewed on the 15th
>picked up my diploma on the 20th
>got a job offer on the 21st

Why are millennials complaining about job searches?

Because they go to school for music theory or women's studies.

I dunno. Eight years ago it would have been hard but it's CURRENT year and jobs for real majors are booming. Obviously it's the people who study Communications and shit who are S.O.L but people who didn't choose some dumb ass thing to study are easily finding $50k starting salary jobs.

Where at?

Where did you obtain the capital for this venture?

CS is a good degree, most of the other degrees are useless fluff.

Mech-E here. Took me a couple months to get my first job out of college. Now I get calls and LinkedIn messages weekly from head hunters trying to steal me away to competing companies. My boss is a bro and there is no HR at my local office so I'm not going anywhere for a while.

Cerner

> Computer Science
> Not Computer Engineering with Electrical Engineering double major

I'm sure that while OP is trying to figure out how to port Angry Birds to his workstation, real men are innovating the machines of the future.

I'm just in it for the money, mang. I'll leave the innovation and hard work up to the big dawgs like you.

Because they:
>a. were awarded degrees in vaginal studies and negroid rhythmology
>b. live in cities swamped by migrants

>the big dawgs like you
>Not the big dawgs for you

You disappoint me.

To each his own

Youre not getting any money with no experience and just a degree though. Most places dont even give a fuck about a degree anymore.

Depending on location youre probably getting from 40-60k, roughly double that if youre in a major urban area.

Congrats on the job though. Now youll actually start learning useful things

$60k/year for a single 22 year old guy with no debt isn't too bad tbqh.

But you have a computer science degree, which is atypical of most people. $60k a year is good, but that would be considered a mediocre job for mediocre pay in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Yeah no doubt. Stay like that once you break into the 120k+ (200k+ in the big cities) and you will be able to do whatever you want within reason. Its nice being able to imlulse buy stupid shit every now and then.

If you find a good company and arent retarded you can easily go from 60k to 100k+ in the blink of an eye. Assuming your skillset is in high demand.

Because it takes a lot to bribe unis to let you in for CS

You don't chose your major it matters your connection

Also engineering isn't real job

Computer engineers aren't men

>engineer
you mean failed physicist?

>don't have degree
>still have front end web dev job
shit's comfy senpai.

>html, css, javascript
>comfy

what was your resume like?

>aerospace
don't fall for the bill nye meme, kids

Physicsys are human failures

Sup Forums isn't rich enough for that shit. Only those with connections get into that

>You don't chose your major it matters your connection
What does this mean?

>It's a "I'm a special snowflake for being a dullard" thread

seconded. aero is notoriously difficult, supposedly second only to nuke engin. do CompSci

When I was in college, it was mechanical engineering with like 2 or 3 classes changed. They graduate with almost exactly the same degree, only much more limited job prospects.

>hurr ATRIFICAL INTELLIGENCE durr
>hurr 984759358 MILLION DOLLAR ROBOT THAT CAN BARELY WALK durr

neck yourself

Because they aren't a well-known anal slut who does sexual favors to anyone willing to offer rewards like you are

>fuck around nonstop in college
>spend 6 years earning a history degree
>graduated with a 2.7 GPA (my history-only GPA was 3.6 I just didn't give a fuck about gen ed classes so those were mostly C's and a few D's)
>six months after graduating I land an outstanding office job with a huge company
>zero nepotism involved and I have no experience in this field, my hire was part dumb luck and part right place at the right time
>great pay, great benefits, I'm good at it so management likes me, my job is Pajeet-proof, the floor of the office I work in is mostly empty so I only face to face interact with two coworkers (I like them both, one is a total bro)
>I'm in a very low cost of living Midwest city so I can live very well even though the starting pay I'm at is in the bottom 20% of my field, can't wait to see how fat my savings/investments get once I start getting raises
>feels fucking good being able to buy whatever vidya I want whenever I want, eat well and buy nice things like new computer parts without worrying about my bank account
>sometimes I even get to work from home which is fucking amazing - I spend 2 or 3 hours actually working then watch Netflix or play vidya or funpost on Sup Forums for the rest of the day with my work laptop next to me in case somebody needs me

I thought my history degree combined with the shit GPA and lack of connections would result in me being homeless but I made it