ADHD

What is pol's opinion on ADHD?
Is it a made up disorder by the pharmaceutical industry or is it legit?

its real but treatment with hard drugs isn't usually necessary

made up. we should stop drugging kids. my gf is on antidepressants. we went on a weeklong camping trip where she forgot them. the next two weeks, even though she went back on them, were fucking nuts. i wish she would ween herself off them but she tells me i do not understand and she needs them. things are great when she takes them regularly.

It's a real disorder but much less common than retards think. And yes it fuels the big pharma industry.

The problem is that it's so easy to diagnose because nowadays any kid that's unfocused or is slightly disruptive is brought to a psychologist that uses the DSM (basically a fucking meme) asks some fucking fidgety kid if he's unfocused, and if he answers yes, well than he has ADHD!

It's bullshit because most of the tendencies are shit that most kids have. Also parents want the extra help for their kids and want the drugs to keep them focused and don't really care about the diagnosis.

We are really over medicating kids.

It's mostly just anxiety

>things are great when she takes them regularly.
Just you wait until her receptors are fucking fried 10 years from now.

SSRI and SNRI tinker with things we don't truly understand the complexity of. Just like ADHD and caffeine or amphetamine affects, over time, you will need higher doses to achieve the desired affect.

3 questions to ask any women before you even think of date #2:
1. Are you Married
2. Do you have kids
3. Do you take any anti depressants

A yes to any of these is immediate dismissal, and a "Hope you find your way". Seriously; women are terrible enough to have to deal with mental problems on top of it.

Made up. There is no "attention deficit" that a strap won't cure.

can i save her

While I have it and I have absolutely no doubt that it exists, due to misunderstanding of what ADHD/ADD is by so-called "medical professionals" its developed a bad reputation.

Its typically a pretty debilitating condition in the modern world, becauses it's a condition affecting very fundamental neurological systems. Most importantly, dopaminergic reward systems which when untreated, results in obvious learning difficulties due to incomplete and fractured understanding of subjects at the beginning of very complex hierarchical learning pathways.

The problem is, id say an internationally recognised diagnosis of ADHD would be the minority in American diagnoses, which is ethically deplorable, because their brains have developed with an artificial, dopaminergic crotch, which didnt improve these kids learning ability but rather allowed their natural reward system to become lazy and ineffective.

Thus the these, boys (typically boys, misdiagnosed as ADHD when their behaviour was effectually that of a "boy") are addicted to strong stimulants and cant function as normal adults without them.

young male kids didn't evolve to sit still in a desk for 8 hours a day, so when they become a ""problem"" the accepted solution is basically tranquilizing them. There are a minority of them who really are just bouncing off the walls all day every day, but channeling that energy into something more productive like exercise is a better solution than drugging them.

The modern feminized school system is not designed for young men at all, basically

Was put on prescribed amphetamine salt a few days ago for it. Seems to lift the brain fog.

vyvanse is the ultimate red pill

because you can use it to sharpen your mind and it makes you able to spot jewish tricks easier.

trust me, adhd meds make you super-you. and the jews dont want that

It's real but way, way over diagnosed.

When teachers and school gave into libtards and stopped real discipline, they just started doping any difficult kids with hard meds to make them manageable.

The kids with actual ADHD is probably a fraction of those that are diagnosed with it.

This. I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid and my parents said fuck that, and didn't dope me up.

Then in college I saw a shrink about insomnia and this ended up with me being diagnosed with ADHD and depression.

I was put on every fucking pill you can imagine, I put my foot down when he wanted to put me on atypical-antipsychotics. I stopped taking everything he gave me and it threw me into a depression worse than I experienced when my relatives have died.

I'm essentially dependent on amphetamines now just to function, without them my attention span is like 15 minutes, whereas prior to ever having taken those meds I could sit and read, draw, or play vidya for hours on end.

I hope I get better with time. I advise anyone to stay away from psycho-stimulants except for emergencies.

There's also a part of me that thinks maybe I've had adhd the entire time and being without the drugs just makes me realize how stupid and unfocused I've always been.

This. Vyvanse is great.

Made up disorder that allows kikes to make people more controllable by use of psychotropics.

Are you serious about this ?

I have that mental fog a lot, especially in mid-conversation. It's terribly annoying and embarassing.

real but overdiagnosed to sell legal speed.

im glad everybody understands that this is just for keeping kids from acting like kids

they did this shit to me too and i feel your pain anons

felt like a little sick kid/retard all because i spoke out of turn in class, they had me brainwashed to think i was really sick

your self esteem never recovers from shit that happened as a kid

that's a pretty long and coherent post for someone who supposedly has adhd

Yeah, i wasn't diagnosed until I was 20, when i made the connection and pursued it myself.

Your brain prior to treatment, if you start treatment later in life, will have developed strategies from trial and error to maximize your concentration without medication. This strategies quickly become irrelevant when you start stimulant treatment, even atypical strategies wont work because an adhd brain + amphetamines doesn't equal a non-adhd brain.

In a sense, you've had a chance to develope "You". your personality and everything else without the interference of stimulants, conversely you now have to renegotiate a lot of what makes You, "You" too integrate, some very fundamental changes.

In this case, even an objective improvement in your ability, could be detrimental with all things considered, reconciliation of "You" without the neuroplasticity of a child can be an unaccomplishable task.

Ritalin is a hell of a drug

Easiest way to kill gifted kids.

Yeah, it's at its worst in the morning. Amphetamine relieved it.

But I will stress, LOW DOSE. This drug has an outrageously high abuse potential.

I "have" adhd, I got adderall prescribed to me several months ago and I'm a junior at state uni. My prescription is way too powerful (2 '20mg ir a day') i sell most of it or trade it for weed, cocaine, or xanax. However, when I do use it I am very productive in my studies and I get good grades; or I use it recreationally and am tweaking, smoking cigs, and could masturbate for hours. Overall my prescription gives me a small source of income and some productivity along with some fun time

Is Vyvanse actually helpful?

I have been diagnosed with social anxiety, but I think the real problem has something to do with ADHD. Does anyone know if these are related?

It's definitely real, and (((they))) definitely profit off of it. I have to take ADD medication for school, but my family is poor so we don't get Adderall or Ritalin. We get fucking nigger tier Concerta. It's the shittiest drug ever, it kills my motivation and makes me not want to eat. I can't even speak up properly with it. It's truly Jewish. I wish I had one of the drugs that makes you confident with energy, but instead I have to take fucking methylphenidate based drugs. Also, I have the fucking generic version of Concerta too. And you can't fucking split them either, so they're just basically for depressing myself into success at uni and nothing else.

Amphetamine, for me, had a surprising side effect of reducing my mental anxiety. It has helped in this respect. Be warned though, some physical anxiousness is still there but you won't be as responsive to it, if that makes sense.

does smoking weed help

I was diagnosed at age 19, and so far I've seen nothing but improvements. My grades have gone up, I can easily start and finish a paper without having to smoke cigs before and during typing, I am able to focus and listen without my mind unintentionally wandering off, and my rushing thoughts have really been narrowed. The only downside I'm seeing is that whenever I don't take Ritalin, I get very tired, to the point where I have to take several naps. Honestly, neither me nor my friends or coworkers have noticed a change in my personality except that I'm much more outgoing and I forget a lot less. Although I will admit that I can be too focused at times.

depends on which category of ADHD you fit, if you're ADHD-PI "Primarily Inattentive" (classically known as ADD) then absolutely not, when i would smoke weed, id be so far stuck in loops of thought and subsequent anxiety that i could barely interact with other people.

Traditional ADHD - "hypoactive" I guess it would reduce the external effects, but id guess that hypoactivity would just be rerouted, rather than reduced.

Thats a closer description to my experience as well, i grew up with crippling social anxiety, much of which was influenced and exacerbated as side effects from that undiagnosed ADHD.

After about a month, I actually felt human, which was nice. Yet everyones experiences will differ wildly here.

Wise words, Aussiebro.

The only place I could find that was accepting new patients promises a holistic approaching,

I don't even know where to start. Me + amphetamine salts had me zooming through my classes, but it also made it feel distant from my loved ones and generally less affectionate toward my wife.

Quitting the pills tanked my grades and now I'm on the wrong end of 20 living in the NEET life.

I feel like the best approach would be to go back on the pills. I've heard of so-called "nootopics" that can help but I just want this depression to end and get back on track toward falling for the academic carrot-on-a-stick.

I've learned after moving recently that my options are pretty much get a degree, any degree, if you want a decent job, or enjoy all the perks of being a middle-manager in retail or casual dining/fast food.

Taking "speed" Lord it's a miracle!

most kids are already hyped up on a combination of sugar and screens, they're absolute slaves to their impulses.

i don't necessarily think ADHD/ADD are fabrications, but misdiagnoses are especially prevalent within this spectrum. I can't tell you how many kids I knew in high school who claimed to have been diagnosed but were otherwise fine and normal.

Kids are already hyperactive, they're basically the human version of puppies/kittens, and can easily be made more hyper by common aspects of daily life. Doctors don't give a fuck and will always overlook this for their referral points.

completely legit, boys get drugs for not behaving like girls and after the drugs, they behave like girls.

>Doctors don't give a fuck
That's because you're not a "patient" to them, you're a "customer".