Is he quite possibly the worst Pope to ever grace this earth?

Is he quite possibly the worst Pope to ever grace this earth?

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=2BiwgLMk7EY
aggressivechristianity.net/articles/ecclesia.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What upset you friend? This pope seems to have a brain.

>claim to believe in the bible, the foundation of christianism
>literally claims the opposite to the bible

these have been the position of the church for a while. why are you upset now

>god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic

magic is bad. No one should do or use any sort of magics or even deal with them in any sort of way. For everything to happen it first has to be possible for that to happen no matter how unlikely with the super duper low probability of shit happening being the actual divine intervention.

Nothing just happens out of nowhwere and if you think god is in anyway magical or does shit that would be considered magic then get the fucking out of here with your gay as blasphemous ass wanting god to be involved in shit explicitly said one should not be involved in no matter what.

I get some of the hate, but a lot of it is unwarranted.

He's modernized the Papacy and church a lot. He has toned them back some too. He's also quite humble.

If you learn a little about the commonly accepted theories of the origin of the universe, the book of Genesis makes more sense as a metaphor for unimaginable lengths of time.

Let there be light, etc follows the same path chronologically as the big bang theory. Think of 7 days as 7 segments of time, or 7 beginnings of an era, with each event by God as the beginning of that "day."

You have to remember, if you're trying to explain advanced concepts like this to ancient man, some things will get lost in translation.

Except the Pope is our bridge to God.

What he says, flys. Unless it conflicts dogma. Then that's a whole new ordeal.

He's pretty bad; the Pope even said that atheists can go to Heaven and that belief in Jesus as the Son of God is unnecessary.

It seems Francis' entire reason for holding the popeship (not a word? it is now bitches) is to undermine Christianity, but what else is new for Catholicism.

Wtf I hate Catholicism now. What should i convert to guys? Protestantism, Anglicanism, Mormonism...?

I don't like the thought of being a dirty fucking heretic but what choice do I have?

I remember when Jesus said that the pope is our bridge to God. Thanks for reminding me. (No.)

Our personal faith should not be held to the standards of those that claim a monopoly on God's favor.

>Francis
>Pope

“Now you know well that the most deadly foes of the Catholic religion have always waged a fierce war, but without success, against this Chair [of St. Peter]; they are by no means ignorant of the fact that religion itself can never totter and fall while this Chair remains intact, the Chair which rests on the rock which the proud gates of hell cannot overthrow and in which there is the whole and perfect solidity of the Christian religion.”
—Pope Pius IX, Encyclical Inter Multiplices, n. 7, 1853

You don't even know what to call the Papacy and you're trying to conduct an argument about its head?

Churches are not made of wood and stone.

Our body is our temple.

I'm seriously thinking about converting to orthodox church thanks to him.

Theistic evolution has been the Catholic Church's stance for quite some time.

''The prophecies of the Apocalypse [book of Revelation] show that Satan will imitate the Church of Christ to deceive mankind; he will set up a church of Satan in opposition to the Church of Christ. Antichrist will assume the role of Messias; his prophet will act the part of Pope; and there will be imitations of the Sacraments of the Church. There will also be lying wonders in imitation of the miracles wrought in the Church.''

Rev. E. Sylvester Berry, The Church of Christ: An Apologetic and Dogmatic Treatise [St. Louis, MO: B. Herder Book Co., 1927]

Pretty sure Pope Francis is the Antichrist

Reactionary attitudes are the easiest to influence. Do not let yourself become the subject of subversion. Your faith is yours alone.

>Our personal faith should not be held to the standards of those that claim a monopoly on God's favor.

Where did you get that from?

Faith is not a commodity.

Islam

XDDDD

No this is what most Christians believe despite what you read on r/atheism.

>declares theories are right

1) he didn't declare. He gave his non infallible opinion ie not ex cathedra 2) so? He's not the first Pope to have this opinion 3) A catholic priest was the original formulator of the big bang. 4) another Catholic priest is called the "Father of Genetics" because of his ground breaking research in the field

Why the fuck is this news? Why is the MSM so incompetent at providing contex?

I honestly think at this point the constant blatant distortion of Pope Francis's word and lack of theology and historical context applied are a deliberate attempt to fit the Pope into a progressive world view and divide the church at large.

Crusade on heretical "journalist" when?

Technically the word close enough to the usage I needed is "Popery", but doesn't quite sound right, so I'm correct in my usage. He's practically a king-standing literally in the place of the real King-so instaead of a kingdom, he's got a popeship/popedom inherent to his popery.

Get it?

It's ok to admit you're wrong.

Maybe panic if he says:"Watch this." and makes fire come from space onto the Earth, until then, I'm thinking he is not the Beast.

There is only one man who was a bridge to god.

As I understand it, the Pope believes in the Big Bang but that God was the mind behind it. In fact if I'm not mistaken, the theory of the Big Bang was first proposed by a catholic priest.

As for evolution it depends on what he means. In science, evolution is a theory about changes. In the popular cannon, it is a fact about improvements. In fact the rule of evolution is degeneration, not improvement. Thus the first is the correct view, not the second.

If you are a Christian it does not mean you have to deny evolution, but you must accept the right one. It is true we have "evolved", but to theorize we came from small cells and somehow grew into what we are now with brains is quite far fetched and should be contradicted in season and out of season whenever it is met. Some things we may simply never know

So do I senpai

>And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. - Jesus Christ Mathew 16:18

>I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven - Jesus Christ Mathew 16:9

There is also God guided evolution that says normal evolution created us but God gave us a soul and made us more than beasts

Read the origin of consciousness and the breakdown of the bicameral mind.

I think you'd enjoy it.

Popeship was right,but spellcheck is a dumb heathen.

How is it people here on Sup Forums claim Martin Luther is a heretic and yet bitch about the Pope. Go fuck yourselves you wannabes.

All churches are corrupted. Spirituality begins at home. I don't like lots of what he says. The sides these people pick always lead to the wrong paths. Only Christ is the way. This explains homophobia and psy oppy science and things like "belief is Christ is unnecessary". The earth is flat like the Bible says and is not a pear. And Christ is the ONLY thing necessary

>one person's opinion on Sup Forums is a consensus of all
>being this much of a dumb cuck

Wow.

>the worst Pope
Trick question, all popes are bad.

>hello I don't know the churches views for decades

You had me until you said the earth was flat.

I've personally seen the curvature of the earth by buying a camera, high altitude balloon, and gps.

This doesn't mean the bible is wrong. This means there is something lost in translation when explaining things to ancient man.

>modernized
You mean globalized? He's basically an EU mouthpiece. You think Germany would have gotten overrun by Islamists if Benedict was still Pope?

Considering what Martin Luther's successors have done in only less than 500 years. If this is the worse a Pope's done in 2000 years. I'll take it.

Pic related

Pope Leo I was a true follower of Christ, regardless of his position of power.

Sadly, Gregor Mendel isn't known to the world as a catholic. That tidbit it glosses over in almost all textbooks. They say "monk" and leave it at that.
The textbook (((writers))) have seen fit to remove Christianity from academia

There is something reptilian about him.

Is the Vatican running the jews or are the jews running the vatican?

Why does the Pope have the same multicultural / antichristian goals as the jews?

He's Jesuit. They have the same agenda.

The Church has supported the Big Bang theory since it was first presented. A fucking Jesuit came up with it. Likewise Catholic teaching has been Intelligent Design rather than the young Earth type.

This is literally fucking nothing. The only people who are up in arms about it are edgelord fedorafags who assume all Christians are Evangelical Fundamentalist retards.

I disagree. It could have said round. Or a ball. And all that stuff you mention is fisheye lenses and CGI

communists have infiltrated the catholic church to seek revenge

If you think Francis is the worst you must clearly have a very poor knowledge of past popes.

He could come out as an atheist tomorrow and the leftist commies would hail him.

He could convert to islam and the (((media))) would keep trying to shove him down the throat of good christians.

This heretic needs to burn, and ratzinger needs to be reinstated. He is the real pope.

>Catholic posts the single verse he has actually read from the entire Bible
He just told Peter that his faith was admirable. Then in the following passages calls Peter, Satan.

Try praying for discernment and actually reading the Bible.

Your pastors just suck m8.
Take the scarlet pill.
youtube.com/shared?ci=2BiwgLMk7EY

>I remember when Jesus said that the pope is our bridge to God.

He never said that, there was no pope. The pope is a dude of a different religion that started existing like hundreds years later.

>Try praying for discernment and actually reading the Bible.

You are just unaware.

Matthew 16:23 (KJV)
>But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Calling Peter "satan" was metaphorical, Christ was telling him his concern for earthly ways were obstructing what is most essential, to serve Him. And Peter did just that.

not the worst pope, but definitely the most polarized politically.

He isn't saying anything new. The Catholic Church accepts and encourages both theories long ago. I went to a Catholic Church and the focus was heavy on sciences and religion class was mostly a open philosophical discussion.

Better than anti-science dumb protestants teaching creationism desu.

I meant I went to Catholic school.

I don't like this pope.

Since when is Sup Forums fucking religious? I thought we were all in agreement years ago that Christtards were a pox on our nation. Let the Pope desperately try to update his aging dogma, the Abrahamic religious bullshit is on its way out regardless.

by far, i think the problem with modern religion is that it has drifted farther from its medieval philosophical roots and the majority of persons diatribe and engagement is either at the level of ritual or superstition. Hence making it more and more outdated in a increasingly rational and scientific world.

God is very much alive, its just he needs an intellectual revitalization.

So what? The Catholic Church has accepted evolution for a long time, the guy who came up with the idea of the big bang was Catholic, and if you think god is a magician then you're an idiot.

Thats what happens when you make a commie south american the pope.

There seem to be many allusions in the revelation about a false church.
The anti christ - basically a false messiah - is reported to be aided by an anti pope - a false prophet or religious leader

The anti christ is not just a religious figure, but a political one as well

I think it's more of journalists twisting everything he says to give a liberal slant.

Most of what he says is usually supported by the church, but he is a pope that leans much more to the modern liberal DUDE JESUS LMAO interpretations.

But you know what we really need Sup Forums

Devout Catholic here. This guy does not speak for me. I don't recognise him as Pope at all and pay no attention to a word he says.

Will just wait for him to pop his clogs and see whose next in charge.

Peter never founded a church in rome, and he wasnt a bishop there. The 1st "pope" being peter is a myth.
Also the "keys to the kingdom" passage is a reference to rabbis having literal keys to rabbinic scripture which was kept in a locked drawer. It meant that they were keepers of the scripture given to them by god.
Jesus also gave this mandate to other disciples not just peter

I mean, arguably the biggest advantage of European society over Islamic society is that we managed to rid ourselves of dumb superstitions like God after hundreds of years. Why would we want to take a page from the Muslims and become stupider as a society? Evolution isn't real now? Come on.

He's just repeating what the Church has been saying for decades though...

It's a bit contentious but I'm one of the traditionalists who don't have a problem with the Big Bang theory or the theory of evolution. This really isn't even close to the most controversial of his actions. It's nowhere near Amoris Laetitia, si', or even his remarks about the majority of Catholic marriages being invalid.

He is an awful Pope, IMO, but he's only about as bad as JPII. The only real difference is that Francis is significantly more flagrant in his controversies.

If you actually took a theology class, you'll know that genesis is an allegory to creation. Only retarded muricans think Genesis describes the process of itself.

If you put the Pope clothes on a cat it would be a better representation of God's will on earth.

Plus anyone who denies evolution is pants on head retarded, we wouldn't be able to argue racial realism without it.

Peter had not received the seal of God yet. Read harder.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that ecclesia doesn't mean church, and Jesus never used the word church at all. It is an English word.

>Ecclesia [mediaeval Latin, and Greek - from : SUMMONED] -A regularly convoked assembly, especially the general assembly of Athenians

>Thus, two of the most prestigious word resources in the English language confirm the fact that an "ecclesia" was originally a select civil body, summoned or convoked for a particular purpose. What, then, did the writers of the New Testament mean when they used the word "ecclesia" to describe a Christian body of people? We can assume that they intended to convey the original Greek meaning of the word: a body of Christians called out of the Roman and Judean system to come together into a separate civil community. It meant a politically autonomous body of Christians under no king but Jesus; under no other jurisdiction but that of Jesus

>In Acts 17, verses 1-6 we see that Paul and Silas had a reputation that preceded them. They were "turning the world (system) upside down." What was their inflaming message? Were they telling the people to find a minister and support him; go to church every weekend; be nice to their neighbors? Could this have been the message that set the city fathers against them? Or maybe they were asking people to send their tithes to them so they could build a nice church or develop a Christian recreation center? No? What then? What were these guys doing that was "turning the world system upside down"? The answer is found in verse 7

>"Whom Jason hath received (into his house): and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus."

>Now is that clear? They were forming civil bodies that no longer looked to Caesar as their king

>Paul and Silas weren't "church builders" like preachers today claim

aggressivechristianity.net/articles/ecclesia.htm

I'm not part monkey.
>from the goo, to the zoo, to you
>biggest apostate kike lie of all time
Speak for yourself, Tyrone.

Dunno if this is a serious response or not, but if you think the theory of evolution means that you are "part monkey" then you've got some reading to do.

user it was a Catholic priest who came up with the big bang in the first place. Pope Pious XI commended the theory as proof of God's existence.

That's not how evolution works. You aren't "part" anything, it's a common ancestor.

Matthew 16:18 refers to Peter's confession of faith and not Peter himself. Jesus will build his Church on the rock that is the confession of faith, and integral basis of Christianity.

WTF are you talking about? JPII stance on gays, marriage, etc was waaaay better than what this antipope is doing now.
We have to bring back Benedict or it's game over with this guy.

True, it's pretty obvious OP is just stupid antiscientific heretic.

You missed the part where I said (No.) to denote sarcasm. It's ok. It's tough to discern on the internet.

>these spics fell for the evolution meme
Ooga booga, click pop wiz.

Now sing me the songs of you people, Mardukoo.

The fact that a believer in Bronze Age jewish mythology is accusing anyone else of "falling for" something is fucking hilarious

>Is he quite possibly the worst Pope to ever grace this earth?

yes, but i guess he hasnt touched any childrens no no parts right?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

Sorry for the late reply.

JPII was probably the worst ecumenist in ecclesiastical history. Francis has either paled in comparison to JPII in terms of ecumenism or has simply carried on the precedents set by JPII.

The celebration of the Lutheran anniversary? Precedent was set by JPII in Rome, 1983, for the Lutherans' 500th anniversary. JPII was not only present for this Lutheran "mass" but eulogised Martin Luther in a positive and respectful way.

Reaching out to pagans and showing respect and admiration for the "faith" of indigenous peoples? This precedent was set by JPII in a "sacred forest" with animists at Lake Togo in 1985. Here he joined in their "prayers" and stood there smiling as shamans invoked the water spirits and the spirits of their ancestors.

Inter-faith celebrations with the deniers and murderers of Christ, namely the Jews? This precedent was set by JPII in Rome, 1986, with Rabbi Elio Toaff. Here JPII joined in their blasphemous prayers and rites.

And possibly the most egregious and disgusting act, something even Francis hasn't managed to top: the 1986 Assisi incident. Here, JPII engaged in the most overt and monstrous act of syncretism with Jews, Muslims, Protestants, eastern schismatics, Hindus, Buddhists, Shintoists, animists , and others. It was, and remains, perhaps the most blasphemous documented offense ever committed by a pontiff in the Church's history.

With respect and charity, I don't expect you to accept any of these facts precisely because you are a Pole, and Poles grant to JPII far more value and far more respect than he ever deserved.

>Only retarded murican protestants* think Genesis describes the process of itself

Feels good having the chair of St. Peter.

Uh big bang theory is not a good show, I don't care what the pope says.

>Commie pope does commie things

B-but how?

You're a fucking idiot.

guess what? you dont get to pick and choose. get fucked.