Hey yahoo answers, I'm in Australia and just got my L plates

Hey yahoo answers, I'm in Australia and just got my L plates.

I was wondering, am I allowed to start driving while my license is coming in the mail?

Dafuq? Don't you just have a driving test down under? Sort your shit out Oz.

Why is everything in Australia so weird?

u get your learners permit then u get ur p plates then u get ur license

So you can drive about with no training? We can only do that on 125 bikes here. Do you drive on the left or right down under?

If you got the piece of paper from the RMS cunts then yeh

Similar here. Population density

Underage detected

KYS nigger

it is one of the more stricter countries to attain your unconditional license

its literally 4 years of conditions to get your full license.

and its fucking 120 hours of supervised driving with like a minimum of 5 lessons to even drive by yourself

Yes. You can. If you have the permit you were given after you sat the theory test

didn't they give you a peice of paper to use while they send the plastic license out? i just got mine too

i just did it late, im 25

nah, gotta have someone else in the car with you who holds a full license until u get ur p plates then u can drive but not after 10 pm

And it still makes trash drivers. Green P platers are fucking horrid. So many cunts driving ricer cars with loud exhausts but cant drive them. Cant corner. Love destroying them in my girlfriend's faggy mazda 2

Shitty EU rules fucking our driving tests up. I had to pass my 4 tests to get my bike licence, 3 to drive a car and 8 (I shit you not) for a heavy goods licence.

Be a better driver then?

i thought you could skip Ls if you were over 21?

Literal underage. Enjoy puberty while it lasts.

No. You can never skip the learner phase. You can only skip the Probation phase if you have a full license already. If its your first license enjoy your years of learning and probation and hundreds of hours of supervised driving

ah yeah cheers

>am I allowed to start driving while my license is coming in the mail?
If the police don't catch you, yes

you dumb fuck, you should have been given a temporary paper licence

They should have given you a temporary license

how do you know his age? I know adults over 40 with no L plates. Some people have phobias of driving or dont mind getting trains and busses

What the fuck?
Didnt you get a printed version of your Ls?
Its given instantly to you when you pass the theory test.

You are supposed to use it till the real one arrives in mail.

Even worse.

No I don't mean I failed I mean there are multiple parts to the test like medical, written theory, hazard perception, case studies, practical off road, practical on road etc. It's a fucking pisstake.

They said the yellow paper thing was a reciet, i threw it away. Should I go back into the city and try and find it in the bin?

Yeah, I know a few people who just never bothered to get it, and regret it a lot now. Even though it wouldn't be hard, just get a couple lessons

If its that important to you and you dont mind digging through a bin, sure. Otherwise no it only takes a week. Ive just started getting my motorcycle license. Its the tests that take forever

Oh yeah. We have that too

You should have got your licence after you passed your test, or they give you a temporary one while it comes in the mail.

You are allowed to use that paper as your licence until your photo licence is sent out. It's good for about two weeks. I'm in NSW though, don't know about other states.

I'm going for my motorcycle P test next week, 8:30am till 4:30pm, absolutely fucking ridiculous.

The fuck? What state?

I'm 19

>tfw have my full licence
>tfw so anxious about driving I only go out once a month

What the fuck do they have you doing for 8 hours?

NSW

Sit in a room with other people, listen to a riding instructor tell me stuff I probably already know for 7 hours, then go out for an assessed ride, then ride through some cones and perform an emergency stop.