Should voter rolls in the USA and the UK, after 2016, have education, property and income qualifications

should voter rolls in the USA and the UK, after 2016, have education, property and income qualifications

my proposal
> must make at least 25% less than the GDP per capita
> must have a high school education
> must be a landowner or have lived in the same rental for over 2 years, provided other 2 clauses are met

there goes the black vote

This
/thread

Won't EVER happen

Why not simply educate people in laws they voting for? You are voting for a puppet clown either way.

What a tragedy that would be...

Add up all taxes paid over lifetime, subtract all welfare received.

If it's zero or more, you can vote.

there is a myriad of things wrong with the voting system in the US (never voted in the UK)

for instance, majority rules is still non-representative. single transferrable vote is better.

people want to hear the news they want to hear
> e.g. libs and cnn / conservatives and Fox News

an educated person, while still bias, who is a responsible landowner... drives the country forward

> no... 20 year olds who have only worked internships (at best) should not be allowed to vote if they've never had a 40hr/week job

White
Landowning
Males

i don't give a shit about male/female, black/white/other...

i put ian smith because rhodesia has similiarities to this

does it immediately eliminate some people
> yes

does it eliminate them for eternity
> no

White men confirmed for the most fair group. Hitlery deserved maybe 17 votes maximum.

>move due to a job
>lose voting rights
great plan OP

Poor Rhodesia. Trump wouldn't have won without demographics you described.

in 2 years, you could vote.

i moved less than 2 years ago to a completely different state... so now i get to vote on issues i really have no understanding of on the state level, particularly more state level ones. perhaps i've never heard of the candidates?
> how is that fair to others that actually know what's going on?

I would suggest other requirements

>must pay income tax
>must own property or an apartment
>must have served
>must be married and have kids

disagree with the last 2 though would not be opposed to individuals who have served in the military or having government jobs getting automatic amnesty from other clauses

No only solution is military service.

Only whi is willing to give his life for the country has the right to decide its heading.

people without kids dont care for the future
>see merkel

see

Do you happen to 'believe' in santa as well? Voting doesn't matter.

> if i had the magic wand to grant things into fruition
i see the argument and its merits... would consider it but currently i would lean against it

based on VERY quick search, would reduce US's voting population to approximately 1/6th of current. hmmmm

>based on VERY quick search, would reduce US's voting population to approximately 1/6th of current

whats the problem?

>not receiving aid from the state
>currently enrolled in schooling or employment
>but be born in the United States
>every 4-8 years they must pass a test on how our political system works

Chaos mode
>Must own land
>Must be employed
>Must have served minimum 4 years in military

per , i am a fan of a representative government (something lacking in the US)... though this is more due to locales and the number of representatives

such a small representative population over such a large overall population begs the Rhodesian question and the non-voting masses to revolt...

"technically", this is all possible by about 25 years old... unless you live in dense population centers (NY, LA, SF, ...) where property prices are higher

good talk, i'm outta here
> homework: America First Committee

Here's the thing, you people love to talk about disenfranchising the poor, the blacks, the Mexicans, the women, whoever else didn't vote for Trump, etc. But what do you think happens when the poor, the blacks, the Mexicans, etc, don't like what's happening with this new government that they've suddenly got no say in? You get a system like the final years of most of the African colonial states, where the disenfranchised majority stands up and tells the minority in power to fuck right off. And usually telling them to fuck right off involves violence against that ruling minority.

That's the problem with you alt-rights- you never look at the actual consequences of the shit you dream about, you just sit down and say "Well if we'd just take the right to vote away from people that we disagree with then they'll just go away and everything will be fine and we go back to living in 1953 again!" That shit doesn't happen, and in every modern country that has a political order like you describe, with a minority disenfranchising everyone else you either end up with a self-empowering dictatorship solely concerned with keeping itself and the ruling minority in power, or a post-colonial-Africa-style revolution.

This is likely correct, all of the systems proposed here would have to be enforced by violence.

You can also poke holes in virtually every idea.

>own land or a home
So now the banks get to decide who can vote. Smart.

>rent for two years
Go get you last two years of electric bills to prove you can vote.

>if you pay income tax
Everyone is legally obligated to pay income tax. This is just another way of saying you have to make above a certain amount of income. So now if you have to take a pay cut you may lose your right to vote too.

>military service
Some people should not serve in the military.

>not receiving government benefits
Sorry, we had to send the fire department to your neighbor's house. We extinguished the fire, so you benefited from not having it spread to your house. No voting for you.

>must have served
Given the current state of things, I do not see how a person who wishes to go to uni has time for service.
Rather, make it an and/or case. Those who didn't finish uni should serve a few years, it is only fair.

>be married and have kids
While it is nice to push for that, that being a mandatory thing for voting is idiotic.

Very little needs to be changed to stop the stupidity. That's why they push the everybody should have the right to vote meme so hard. Even the slightest bit of merit-based voting would completely turn the tide.