Why do Canadian natives have special rights, Sup Forums?

Why do Canadian natives have special rights, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WL-E-Q2L9MM
youtu.be/MzdogL2v2mg
youtube.com/watch?v=8jGAfzrdpxo
youtu.be/ZlHOWnYN7J4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the right to have no access to fresh water
the right to have no access to welfare (u will jus drink it hurr)
the right to be sterilised against their will
the right to be isolated and abused

only country that treats it's indigenous people worse than australia.

They don't pay taxes and the government pays for their utilities and half their rent, fuck off

>the right to have no access to fresh water
Because they don't actually maintain their sewage treatment? How is that Canada's fault?
>the right to have no access to welfare
They don't pay rent on rez and many of them get just straight up tax payer cheques monthly, like 1000 per native
>the right to be sterilised against their will
The fuck are you talking about?
>the right to be isolated and abused
I can't even tell if you're shitposting, Wang.

government staff are paid in taxes, each person assigned to give them money is actually earning about double what they are passing along.
they are government employees by default because you pretty much fucked all their shit up. No white person would ever hire them and you know that's why you pay them!

Supposedly it's meant to help them maintain their traditional way of life, and recover from the damage colonialism did to them.

Having a Metis friend when I lived in Thunder Bay was awesome; we were ice fishing this one time and our group had something like 8 huts set up. When the MNR showed up he let the officer check out every hut, write us all tickets, then he showed the guy his status card. Good times

>living on 1000/month in a commune
>ahh the luxuriant canadian lifestyle

>living on 1000 a month tax free on a self imposed commune plus other gibs

I worked at a warehouse with 5 native guys, they were never on time and got drunk on the job every day, they eventually just stopped showing up altogether and one guy jumped up on the bosses' desk and punched him in the face

That's why no one hires them

How the fuck did this abbo cunt get access to a computer? I know the drongo stole it but I didn't think they had electricity.

You know what I give up. The Yanks were right. It's like talking to a wall.

What are you talking about? You don't even live in Canada so you wouldn't even know what you're talking about.
Natives get bunch of special rights because we signed treaties with them , and they get bunch of perks. If you're talking about the poor reserves well that's their fault not us treating them poorly

We just kill them here.

And it was on this day. Leafs surpassed the australian shitposter.

I'm a proud leaf now.

All that shit ended decades ago, now reserves get yuuuge gibmedats.
Cheifs and council that run the reserves
spread the stolen money around to
their friends and families but the rest
blame whitey when they don,t see any of the money they steal from whitey.
They want to be self governing but then blame everybody else when they cant
even even get their shit together to provide basic services.

Half their rent? Oh wow that's a huge burden for the federal government, seeing how most of their housing is complete shit

Because as per the treaties they are technically our landlords for as long as we use their land. That's how cucked we are.

Because you didn't do like us and kill 99% of them and herd the rest into concentration camps that double as vacation spots.

Nothing is stopping them from working their way up like any other Canadian except for their own idiocy and laziness

More than half of the first nations population in Canada doesn't qualify for tax exemptions. Also, if the ones that do ever leave the reserve they no longer qualify for exemptions anyway.

because white people must suffer

We used to round up the indians and tell them to scrub the brown out of their skin with soap. Shit was fuckin badass.

D

Not to mention they get massive affirmitive action for getting into post secondary and most bands will pay your way through.

Worked on a government contract with ATCO to supply natives in the NWT with housing.

A bunch of trailers set up to make a large residential complex with fresh water, proper waste management, heating, all the stuff you'd expect to have. This was all being done on the tax payers dime.

The first week, we set up 10 trailers, then took a day off.

The second week, we repaired the first 10 trailers because someone had punched large holes in the sides of them, tore off the vinyl siding, stripped all the wood, and all the copper wiring/piping.

We posted a guard and took a day off.

Guard got his assistant handed to him, had to leave and seek medical. When we got back the next day, same thing. All 10 trailers in just as bad, or worse shape.

Government cancelled the other 40 trailers and thanked us for our work.

Total bill for 10 uninhabitable trailers was roughly four million.

Good, the fact that they get any special treatment whatsoever anymore is ridiculous

Canada treats them like subhumans who deserve handouts because of their race and they take advantage of it like anyone would

If they were given the same rights as anyone else their quality of life might actually improve

Americans give their natives special rights too; they treat native lands like their own nation within a country.

Canada just throws natives in an irrelevant corner and tells them to fuck off.

t. inuit who grew up in pic related, a literal shithole, and moved down south to quebec city for a better life and living the first world dream

Ass* I fucking hate posting from my phone, but figured this is relevant.

No you dumbass it's bc we killed thousands of them, it's bc of the rape cases in that started in the boarding schools in the 40s and bc we forced them to learn our language and forget theirs as well as their traditions

And why should they? The infinstructure and services they take advantage of werent here when whitey came. Fuckers hadn't even thought of the wheel. Fuckers should be thanking us for introducing them to horses and ketchup chips bud.

>Canada just throws natives in an irrelevant corner and tells them to fuck off.
Canada spends tens of billions every year on you shitskins
Every one of those buildings in your picture is owned by the government, where you live in for free

All the stores are run there on the tax payer dime
Daily plane flights of supplies & white people to run everything in the town is paid for by tax payer

Noone works

And none of those who suffered are alive today. Your point?

injuns killing/raping each other or dying of disease is not white peoples fault
The schools were for their benefit

Stop coming to Whistler and taking out jobs you faggots, I swear there are so many of you there God fkn damn it

>Only country that treats it's indigenous people worse than australia.

I'd say that honour goes to Northern Ireland.

The boarding schools lasted until the 80s and the last one closed in 94. Wtf is wrong with you have some basic knowledge of our history.

You shouldn't be.

I thought White's had no culture?

The boarding schools lasted until the 80s and the last one closed in 94. Wtf is wrong with you have some basic knowledge of our history.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I moved to Quebec City to escape that hellhole in the first place.

No one "works" because the government doesn't put actual jobs in these towns. Nobody's lazy either. The kind of work people do up there is hunting, scavenging, caring for their communities, they don't really make money from it or do anything for the actual government. That's why you never hear about the inuit working. You didn't really give us actual jobs, so they jobs we made for ourselves only impacted our communities. The few restaurants, stores, and the like that you built for us, you sent up random whites and pakis to fulfill those jobs anyways, and when they eventually quit, you sent up more people to fulfill those jobs instead of give it to us.

Got sick of that life and so I moved to Quebec City so I can actually work and do what I want with my life, was really depressing in Salluit. People wanted to make money but had no opportunities for jobs.

We're in this together lad, I'm Canadian just as much as you are. It's the poos, arabs, and chinks that need to go.

Did anyone else learn about MUH OPPRESSED INDIANS , MUH RESIDENTIAL SCHOOLS basically every year of school?

fucking this. I remember back before 2010 there was a couple of Aussies there and I thought it was cool but now every single fucking instructor there has that god damn Australian accent.

Because we signed treaties with them and the Quebecois in order to gain access to their territory, user. We didn't conquer them by force of arms like in the United States.

We have to honor our deals, even if it's annoying or inconvenient.

My wife is native. She pays taxes. Our mortgage isn't subsidized. Our utilities are not subsidized.

Your statement only counts for economic activity on the reserve... There is very little economic activity on the reserve.

And no access to roads or jobs in their area.

I have native friends who live here (toronto) who make a living just fine. It's up there where a box of cereal is 10 dollars and the weather is shitty all the time where they have no means of work.

Think before you talk shit m8

>Because Trudeau Sr. managed to get them fortified in the Constitution Act, 1982
>Because they were put under federal control in section 91(24) of the Constitution Act, 1867 (formerly British North America Act)
>Because the Crown created a special relationship with the injuns in the Royal Proclamation of 1763, effectively guaranteeing treaty rights

Do you even read, OP?

The only minority I genuienly feel bad for desu

>race mixers

If the injuns weren't useless, they would at least run their own communities..

Yeah, but the extreme cases of abuse certainly didn't persist.

That's right, white boy. Send them more reparations you murderous scum.

Why?

Fuck off faggot, you know nothing about us, scrap

But doesn't that actively hinder race relations and create tension?

They can't maintain a lot of services because there's no money to do it. Indian affairs does not provide funding for these things.

It's difficult to secure a loan for these things, like home maintenance and renovations because while they own the house, they don't own the land and there's no leverage.

Natives were sterilized, amongst other atrocities, in the residential school system.

Things have gotten better, but as recently as the 1980s, Indian Affairs agents would abuse the band and its members... It's a corrupt institution. Isolated by geographical distance, Indian agents became lords of the manner... Trading sex for favors was common. Keeping the band liquored and drugged up to keep them from bothering the agent was common.

In the Kootenays, in Windermere specifically, you'll notice that there's a lot of golf courses, vacation homes and spas built on the reserve. In this instance, the Indian agent received a huge kick back to negotiate that deal on the band's behalf... The band received nothing while these businesses operate on their land, which was set aside for them to create economic activity.

Sure buddy, be a right wing guy and have your beliefs, but maybe do some fucking research. The situation is bullshit and the government is not doing what you would expect it to do.

The bands that have their shit together had to learn how to govern themselves all on their own. They learned how to politick from scratch.

We have treaties, bro and we haven't been honoring them.

Have you ever been to their cities, some of them doing even get drinking water or electricity, it's sad. And I feel sad bc they are my people.

The young guys have the world at their fingertips, but they lack self esteem. They've worked themselves into this victimhood mentality and refuse to get over it and move on in spite of history... The irony is that their parents actually went through the residential school system and they're better adjusted.

The young guys need to nut the fuck up.

Furthermore, the natives in the prairies are dinks and that's a well understood fact.

The reserves are pretty much on their own financially and they can't secure loans from the bank because they don't own the land... It's a shit situation because the government refuses to cut a deal that would allow them to get funds for home improvement like we can.

Get out of our thread you dirty 57% white separatist faggot. God save the Queen.

He probably bought into the "muh genocide" meme. That said, I also feel bad for the ones who actually try. The rest of the injuns have a worse crab mentality than niggers do, hence terms like "apple indian". The best way to get stabbed on a reserve is to say you're going to go to law school or med school or something like that.

The top one might. The bottom one was intended to promote us getting along to BTFO any other claimants to North America after the Seven Years' War. The Indians, for the most part, did uphold their part of the bargain at a number of later dates (eg. War of 1812).

We needed land but didn't have that many settlers to send since the other batch were in the process of becoming dirty fucking republicans. So the King made a deal; nobody can deal with Indians or settle Indian lands in what is now Canada, unless they go through the Crown, and the Crown will make specific deals with individual tribes. He made the deal and now we're stuck with it. To be honest it wouldn't have been a bad deal if fucking leftists hadn't roused up all the injuns.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to preserve your culture and heritage, and the Indians probably need federal funding to do that. For most of the 20th century they were actually oppressed, unlike any other minority in Canada; eg. couldn't get a job or leave the reserve for any reason without the personal permission of the Indian Commissioner. The real problem hurting race relations is faggot liberal coddling.
>Yeah, no problem on reserves lol, it's racist to make them get jobs for welfare and it's racist to tell them to stop being useless drunk fucks

The Injuns pay no taxes meme isn't even true. The meme that is true is the "federal government builds things for them and they wreck them and need a new one in 5 years" meme. Depends on the Injuns though.

>The bands that have their shit together had to learn how to govern themselves all on their own.
Which is what they wanted.
>They can't maintain a lot of services because there's no money to do it.
Except all the gibs, treaty money and other taxpayer shit. How is it the white man's fault that we build them services that they don't maintain?
>Natives were sterilized, amongst other atrocities, in the residential school system.
Yeah, a long time ago.
>Things have gotten better, but as recently as the 1980s, Indian Affairs agents would abuse the band and its members... It's a corrupt institution.
Again, a long time ago. The "recent" 1980s was still thirty goddamn years ago.
>In the Kootenays, in Windermere specifically, you'll notice that there's a lot of golf courses, vacation homes and spas built on the reserve. In this instance, the Indian agent received a huge kick back to negotiate that deal on the band's behalf... The band received nothing while these businesses operate on their land, which was set aside for them to create economic activity.
Again, how is that our fault? That was on the Indian agent.
>Sure buddy, be a right wing guy and have your beliefs, but maybe do some fucking research. The situation is bullshit and the government is not doing what you would expect it to do.
>We have treaties, bro and we haven't been honoring them.
So all non-native Canadians get to be tax slaves and boogeymen for the natives because of treaties and atrocities we had no hand in signing?

if we had sterilized all of them, we would be far better off

Why coddle some 85~ IQ non-white group within our country?
All this shit happens because whites have done everything, and only a weird sorta person goes off to live in the middle of nowhere with indians.

I guarrentee a few months living around the indians would teach anyone contempt of them, easy to blame whites when its the indian leaders being just as corrupt/worse.

Look at how you talk about indians as if they are pets of the white man, and our responsibility

>Get out of our thread you dirty 57% white separatist faggot. God save the Queen.

Ta reine te méprise James...et tu n'es probablement pas descendance anglaise...

Don't worry about that faggot, he's not experienced it first hand. I have only spent a couple of weeks visiting family on the reserve and it's obvious to me, my dude.

>tax slaves and boogeymen for the natives because of treaties and atrocities we had no hand in signing?

kek. There are two options here: either you're a recent immigrant (GET THE FUCK OUT) or your family has been here at least 100 years. In the former case you are enjoying the benefits of a country you had no part in building, so just deal with the parts of it you don't like or move elsewhere. In the latter case, your great grandpa didn't have to risk dying because the Crown made deals with natives.

There were almost no atrocities, this isn't America. We actively protected indians so don't buy into that stupid fucking meme. The Residential Schools meme is also dumb, anything that went wrong is the fault of the church, and the only part worth complaining about is the "cultural genocide" component.

Fuck off autist. I wasn't talking about the Quebecois and I'm not going to reply to you in French.

I'm not entirely informed in this topic, but I had the collective guilt narrative shoved down my throat when I was in school. I just can't understand why I have to pay for the wrongdoings of people who don't even exist anymore.

>Faggots

You probably think you are coming across as some kind of hard edged bad ass, but you are really just being a whiny little girl.

>or your family has been here at least 100 years.
I'm a fourth generation Canadian, yes.
>In the latter case, your great grandpa didn't have to risk dying because the Crown made deals with natives.
That changes nothing. Why must we basically be second class citizens in our country?

You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Can confirm. Worked in fast food as a youngster and theu are the rudest fucking people to deal with by far.

>Marry an indian
>Shill for them on Sup Forums

>Fuck off autist. I wasn't talking about the Quebecois and I'm not going to reply to you in French.

Tu me forces la main, mon cabochon..

youtu.be/WL-E-Q2L9MM

I have never met a sober, non degenerate native

>No one "works" because the government doesn't put actual jobs in these towns.

ya then youd be saying we are attacking ur way of life and culture, which i guess is to be lazy sit around and drink lysol and rubbing alcohol all day

>I'm a fourth generation Canadian, yes.

Noob...mes ancestres sont ici depuis le milieu du 17e siecle...

You shouldn't have to. Don't accept any personal guilt for anything involving Indians.

However, the Crown (ie the state/the executive/the judiciary) did make deals and are bound by them as a political actor. There is no new state. It's the same Crown today as it was 300 years ago. The institutions are the same, the constitution has evolved but is based on the same documents and principles. You are not bound by any commitment to Indians, the Crown is.

Excessive individualism and republican ideals have infected Canada, seeping in from the cancerous tumor to the south. That's not how Canada is supposed to work though. We are different from America in many ways, one of which is that until very recently the national consciousness was tory, ie. had actual respect for institutions. One of these is the Crown and there's literally no good reason to replace it.

Man if you think the Injuns have it so great and are first class citizens, go spend some time on a reserve. kek. A tax break means literally nothing when you earned $5550 all year.

The only real problem is that the Anglos and Quebecois don't have the same cultural protection the Injuns do, but we should.

Seems normal to me
We'd be better off if we had beheadings

You're thinking of the southern Canadian natives. Inuit don't suffer from the drug/alcohol problem as badly. We're still the hardest working natives in the country when we actually get jobs.

>was on the bus when some native guy starts going off of not having a seat by calling up systemic racism
This, the sooner they let that go the faster they can intergrate to society

also never met a native who speaks proper

Let me tell you about the natives.

A friend lives in Val D'or. Next to a few native towns and reserves.

He does deliveries. He has to keep a weapon in his car when he does deliveries in reserves to protect himself from assaults from the people who ordered things from him. He has to report dead bodies he sees in the streets or in yards because the natives never will. He has to drive around abandoned snowmobiles and quads because if those run out of gas while a native is dicking around with one, they'll just leave it there and go buy a new one with their government cash.

His wife works in the judicial system. Over 90% of cases there are natives only. Of those, 70% are of child neglect and abuse. Go to the reserves of those "proud" people. All of their kids are covered in bruises and open sores because their parents don't give a fuck about them.

Recently there was a hubbub about police officers raping native women. About how there was systemic and systematic oppression and abuse by the whole body of the police force.

After inquiry, it turns out it was only two cops, and both were natives.

The natives are scum by their own choices and actions. They need to lose all their special rights to force them to integrate into society as a whole. It's the only way we'll save them from themselves.

A fat lot of good it's done you, then.

The countries that my ancestors came from basically don't exist anymore. I essentially have no cultural home.

The injuns have a shit situation despite their breaks, not because of it. If you examine the matter objectively they just plain have better rights than we do.

This especially irks me as someone who hunts and fishes.

>Behead 7000 children of native tribes, send heads as gifts
>>Heres some money
>Steal all of their land, give back shitty 70 sq ft pieces of it
>>Heres some money
>Steal remaining headed children and strip away their culture, esteem, and buttholes
>>Heres some more money

Stories like this are all too common

I believe it. I had to do work for Atco in northern Berta and the natives there were the greasiest scumbags.

Honestly we should be just got rid of them all from the start. Now any major crime in the cities like rape or murder you can bet 10 to 1 it was a native

Fuck these lazy chugs. They're almost as bad as aussie abos.

>The countries that my ancestors came from basically don't exist anymore. I essentially have no cultural home.

Le Uk???

youtu.be/MzdogL2v2mg

dead bodies in the streets or yards?
wouldnt you expect TVA to report that shit you dummy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8jGAfzrdpxo

Quick pill about natives situation.

Speed up to 1.25 for even quicker pill.

I lived next to kanawake and they all can go fuck themselves.

The band chiefs are living the high life with their exotic cars paid by siphoning the money from their people.

Normal indians are dumb dindus that only want to drink homemade alcohol from windshield washer and drive around drunk in their 98 Chevrolet malibu.

>wouldnt you expect TVA to report that shit you dummy.

>TVA goes to Val Dor ever
>TVA actually goes into a reserve

Please. They can't show what a reserve looks like or people would realize how shitty the natives are.

Or just stop spending federal money on them and let them die off on their own

Indian Affairs did absolutely nothing to teach them self governance. You would assume that there would have been seminars, training and guidance from the department of Indian Affairs, but there was none. They had to learn how to run meetings, do bookkeeping and generally function as an incorporated body all on their own...

There were no gibs. There are no gibs. No one is seeing a dime of these mystical gibs. They use the same welfare system you and I would, pay the same taxes because they work off the reserve and are exactly the same as us... But they aren't allowed to own their property.

Yes, they were sterilized and treated poorly a long time ago and the truth and reconciliation event went a long way towards repairing the damage. The government of Canada made a commitment to stop being little shits and it's great... But it's tough for the younger generation to move on because of a history of shit lifestyles. It's getting better with every generation.

The Indian Agent is a government official, appointed by the department of Indian Affairs. The Indian agent is not an Indian.

We have to live up to the treaties signed before we were born. It's a fact of life here, it's how our nation began. While John A. Macdonald signed the treaties with the fathers of the dominion, it's on us 150 years later to honor them.

Don't blame the natives for that, the government was supposed to get them on their feet a century and a half ago and didn't.

The sins of our fathers, pal.

>the government doesn't put actual jobs in these towns
Ffs man. This is one of my beefs about this shit. Living in the fucking north pole complaining about no jobs. Yeah there's nothing up there. No economy in a place that is in the middle of nowhere without even roads. What the hell kind of job would you imagine to be there?

Yes, the UK and Germany. Both of which are basically islamic countries.

I even have noble blood in england.

>If you examine the matter objectively they just plain have better rights than we do.

Only in the sense of collective rights, which vary by tribe. Some don't actually get any of the rights at all (this was, until very recently, the case with the tribes in BC who hadn't signed treaties). The hunting and fishing rights are mostly a continuation of legal agreements made over the last hundred or two hundred years, and they were all made with some purpose or another. You can't see the benefits of those agreements but you probably have benefited from them indirectly in one way or another (eg. mineral rights concessions funded infrastructure in 50s, 60s).

There actually is one point on which I agree with your perception and forgot to bring up earlier. The recently-signed self-government agreements (discussed in cases like Chief Mountain/Sga'nisim Sim'oogit and also in Campbell) actually do give Injuns in certain geographical areas higher rights delegated by the provincial and federal governments, while heavily impinging upon the democratic rights of non-indians in those areas.

>Yes, the UK and Germany. Both of which are basically islamic countries.
>I even have noble blood in england.

James...

youtu.be/ZlHOWnYN7J4

You don't have to feel guilty, but there are treaties and those have to be honored.

>Indian Affairs did absolutely nothing to teach them self governance. You would assume that there would have been seminars, training and guidance from the department of Indian Affairs, but there was none. They had to learn how to run meetings, do bookkeeping and generally function as an incorporated body all on their own...
They asked to operate as their own government and we let them. How is it our fault if they messed it up?
>There were no gibs. There are no gibs.
Treaty money, fucker. Treaty money, rez infrastructure, etc. All out of tax payer money.
>pay the same taxes because they work off the reserve and are exactly the same as us... But they aren't allowed to own their property.
I need a source on that.
>Yes, they were sterilized and treated poorly a long time ago and the truth and reconciliation event went a long way towards repairing the damage. The government of Canada made a commitment to stop being little shits and it's great... But it's tough for the younger generation to move on because of a history of shit lifestyles. It's getting better with every generation.
No, it's really not the newer generation are the ones who rely solely on the "systemic racism" thing and act like utter niggers. I know plenty of natives who went through that bad shit first hand and came out fine, whereas all young natives I know are fucked up.
>We have to live up to the treaties signed before we were born. It's a fact of life here, it's how our nation began. While John A. Macdonald signed the treaties with the fathers of the dominion, it's on us 150 years later to honor them.
The fuck it is. I refuse to be born a servant.
>Don't blame the natives for that, the government was supposed to get them on their feet a century and a half ago and didn't.
Not for lack of trying.
>The sins of our fathers, pal.
I bet you accept white guilt.

>Be a faggot.
>Act like a faggot on Sup Forums.

The thing here is that I've actually been to the reserve and talked to people living there. While I don't claim to fully understand the issues, I have picked up the following points and I'm issuing them here in this thread.

Sup Forums isn't an echo chamber, you little cunt. You actually have to defend your views with logic here.

I'll just skip all the other points and focus in on a couple, because Leafs are fucking retarded.

Yes, the younger generation, mostly the men have a shit self esteem because they're convinced that systemic racism is fucking them... Because it fucked their parents. The older crowd and the ones that grew up off the reserve are usually fine.

As far as living as a servant, guess what... You are. Nothing will change that. You are just some whiny bitch, raging against the system and you sound just like the bull chugs that cry about the residential school they never went to.

You both are dealing with the consequences of a past that was not of our making. The people before us fucked it all up. This is a legal problem and, unfortunately, it's on our generation to square this shit away.

Deal with it, cry baby.

No, he's right, you shouldn't race-mix.