Mario is Triggering

archive.is/gTsMt

>Unfortunately, despite Nintendo’s history and reputation, Super Mario Run is not a family-friendly game — or at least not one my wife and I will be letting our 6-year-old daughter play. The game is rife with stale, retrograde gender stereotypes — elements that were perhaps expected in 1985, when the first Super Mario Bros. was released in the United States, but that today are just embarrassing.

>By failing to update Super Mario for a contemporary audience, Nintendo is lagging far behind the Walt Disney Co., one of its closest American analogues. Disney’s film “Frozen” subverted and reinvigorated the fairy-tale princess movie; “The Force Awakens” gave us a female Jedi. Super Mario Run doesn’t even try

Other urls found in this thread:

m.phys.org/news/2014-08-science-ice-disney-frozen.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>letting 6 year olds play videogames

why are libs such shitty parents? lol they probably spend no time with their kid and are completely consumed by their jobs, leaving the poor bastard to be raised by strangers

Nigger... It's Mario. HE RUNS.
WHAT THE FUCK MORE DO YOU WANT.

>The New York Times and Washington Post were once two of the most influential papers in the United States, breaking things like the Pentagon Papers and Watergate.
>Now they write clickbait shit like this.

What went wrong?

same thing that happened to hollywood. jews ran out of material to pirate

The wall just got 5 feet higher.

wtf i hate super mario now

Running is ableist. This game is offensive to those without the physical ability to run

fake news

Never watched Frozen?

So does it feature a male princess or something?

There were already female Jedi.

>Disneys film frozen
>Only takeaway message is that women are retarded bitches that don't know how to communicate with eachother and believe everything they are told
Hmmm...

the internet ruined everything

>game lacks a lesbo, Interspecies sex scene between peach and a passable trans bowser
THIS IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY GAME

That's pretty much what happened to me.

Liberal faggot who cannot see peach is a bitch making Mario running all over the place only to tell him she is taking browser's dick in another castle.

What happened is that people don't know how to read a byline.
Do you know what an op-ed is? It means it's not news, it's somebody's random thoughts. Newspapers have been publishing them forever, and reputable ones do a good job of indicating clearly what is news and what is creative writing that someone on the editorial board liked.

There's no man saving the queen it's her sister who saves her with sibling love. Instead of a prince I guess is what they mean. Idk,

Ive seen it and am wondering too.. Anyone have any ideas?

If you don't like the game don't fucking buy it.
Isn't capitalism great?

This must be either clickbait or satire. One cannot be this stupid to shit on a consolidated mascot like Mario only now.

You can play as the princess in Mario 2. That was released in the 80s. Doesn't that make it the first sjw game?

>Frozen subverted and reinvigorated the fairy-tale princess movie
Didn't Mulan do this already?

BASED NIPPON

The fact that they even published this is stupid. I'm sure there were some op-eds that were actually thought-provoking and interesting that didn't make the cut because NYTimes wanted to publish this click-bait SKW garbage.

Are these people the most miserable people in existence? I think even /r9k/ is more cheerful than these faggots.

I thought his thing was the jump
>jumpman

Sup Forums is always right.

He runs, he jumps, he oppresses women.

fucking keked (you)

>pic unrelated

Mario is racist as fucking.

Literally an Italian stereotype. He's a plumber, he hops around, he does shrooms, and goes "MAMA MIA!" every other second.

How is this allowed.

That's good. I mean keep it up. Hysterical, like I really needed that laugh

Because he's a FUCKING WHITE MALE

Duh

>jumpman
>man
Triggered!

WOW, JUST WOW MARIO...you actually think the Princess needs SAVED by YOU?? I can't even right now...maybe she's hiding from you due to you constantly running toward her with rape on your mind!! Wow, just because Bowser is a green lizard, that means he is evil? What a racist piece of shit.

>denying their kids the right to play as a fat positive icon

Lmao wow what racists

really playing catch up with this beaten to death narrative. it's almost 2017 people, we're past this.

Metroid....

Elsa has the powers of a God, in one scene she absorbs many Hiroshimas worth of heat energy out of a fjord to freeze it

m.phys.org/news/2014-08-science-ice-disney-frozen.html

>Rey is a jedi
fucking normies how can you be so dumb. She didn't even pass the trials.

Gay men (author of article) need to stop marrying women, this should be a crime.

Super Mario 2

You can play asome the princess.

Ocarina of time.

Transgender character.

>Italian
>white

Can we be racist to Italians or not? I'm confused senpai

>elements that were perhaps expected in 1985
>tfw 1985 != CURRENT_YEAR

>Did Godfrey Elfwick write this?

Lucas gave us a female jedi in the OT. Leia.

to be fair, this is a post-post-council time,
I don't think luke passed either, unless you count an afternoon getting mindfugged by Yoda as trials.

No no no, you forgot, we ignore successful instances of women being portrayed as strong by the media, (Metroid, Alien, Tomb Raider, even Leia in the original Star Wars) because that doesn't fit our narrative and we won't rest until every video game is pc friendly and no longer has damsels in distress being saved my Italian plumbers being attacked by turtles with wings.

these people should really just be fucking shot, in all honesty

i know it's edgy as fuck, but it's almost as if people like this think enjoying anything that ever so slightly, no matter how innocent, goes outside their myopic, deluded worldview is the devil incarnate

Of course, user. Tell those wops off.

Le lesbo sisters sing and all the men are dicks I guess.

Frozen isn't even a good movie. It's a walk from A to B and back story that isn't even as good a narrative or well visualed as Beauty and the Beast let alone modern shit like Zootopia and Smash It Samson.

Literally a meme movie because kids ejaculated over Let It Go.

Poor Rhodok spearman should've been upgraded into a sniper. Nord huscarls just can't be beat in melee

As a child my mom and dad would play video games with me. Stuff like Zelda and super smash brothers became a family experience. I didn't turn out terribly unadjusted either.

>Hating The Emperor's New Groove
Get out you fucking leaf

I hope this man and his family, get killed by ((refugees)). It's the only way to save their broken souls, at this point.

>Everyone getting mad there are not enough women heroes
>No one getting mad there are not enough women plumbers

There is literally nothing wrong with Mulan

test

Holy shit NYT is cancer

They got the BBC's old pedophile CEO Mark Thompson who got caught lying during the Jimmy Saville scandal, and it really shows.

R.I.P. corporate journalism

The internet

Well fuck, it isn't working.

Liberal or not, Nintendo is fucked anyway

Those are the games I play with my son, well I play and he watches. I have the n64, the NES, SNES and a broken gamecube

This cuck probably thinks blowjobs are patriarchy. Whiny little bitch.

You think the author of this piece has any idea what Metroid is?

>it's not family friendly
>unless it's killing the nuclear familial unit

>talking shit about the Emperor's New Groove
>talking shit about Mulan
>talking shit about Beauty and the Beast

>so
>turns out
>super

I didn't realize how much the article actually looks like something straight outta video gaming sjw blog until you said that.

So what does Disney, a sellout American company who hasn't produced anything of worth in a decade, has to do with a proud Japanese video game company who produced and still produces staples of gaming?

gamergate warned us about this faggotry

The Internet and the surge of liberals indoctrinated in college.

JedI aren't even the good guys they're just self-righteous jews that believe all emotion is evil. They go around bullying/murdering commoners in bars, they don't teach anyone the secrets of the force. Jedi are assholes.

The real peacekeeping force is the Empire and it always has been.

>OOT
>Transgender character
Nigger wat?

She don't need no man.
Disney will turn its back on what made it big, and it will die in the end because of it.

>Jumping in Mario
youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

>retrograde
That word does not mean what you think it means in that context. Retrograde=/=Retro.

Retrograde implies a backwards action. i.e. These "retrograde gender stereotypes" would be going back in time and erasing previous stereotypes to instil the new stereotypes from the present.

Is anyone else sick and tired of articles written by people who have no understanding of vocabulary and are clearly just spouting words they see in the thesaurus?

Hahahahahaha, is a joke right???... r-right?

nigga why are you attacking while in the stream! It's like you don't want good footwork!

Frozen was based off of a old fairy tail and there have always been female jedi in the cannon. But somehow a running man is sexist...

>Chris Suellentrop is a former editor for The Times’s Op-Ed page and a host of the podcast “Shall We Play a Game?” He is writing a book about video games.
>He is writing a book about video games.

Gee I wonder what this book will be like.

Ohh yes, as child i wondered how Zelda can look like a dude and then become zelda again.
Still don't understand.

The fact that this shit gets printed in one of the most influential papers in America is absolutely insane. We're doomed.

Nice fake news

Dude.... spoilers.......

I am literally playing as the princess right now what the fuck is this fag complaining about?

This

>Crossdressing to hide identity
>Transgender

Mmh sure.

>Chris Suellentrop

JUST

>they didn't make Super Mario Run about going to CVS to get condoms for Princess Peach as she gets railed by Bowser

It's 2016. Either I get cuck gameplay or your game is shit. Got it fascists?

It's called a disguise you fucking retard

>Mulan and motherfucking Emperor's New Groove
You went too far

OK HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE

This (((((man))))) is negating the chances of xir/xer wymin and wifes daugther/son to play a game??

>The game is racis because it doesnt have a transpecies lesbian transgender sanic

Good for xim/xer/xanax the oprussian agains lgtbbqwtfwwe+ must be stoped

>pannenkoek2012
Truly a legend

people get news form word of mouth, and from social media

all forms of news print are dying, internet included

Birdo in Mario2 was a tranny

The manual for Super Mario Bros. 2 originally asserts that Birdo is a boy who "thinks he is a girl" (i.e. a trans woman), and would rather be referred to as "Birdetta".