Why doesn't the government just print more money to help Americans get out of debt? I have over $545...

Why doesn't the government just print more money to help Americans get out of debt? I have over $545,000 to pay off between student loans, car payments and mortgage. Yes it would devalue the currency but there are advantages to this.

>Exports become cheaper and more competitive to foreign buyers. Therefore, this provides a boost for domestic demand and could lead to job creation in the export sector.
>Higher level of exports should lead to an improvement in the current account deficit. This is important if the country has a large current account deficit due to a lack of competitiveness.
>Higher exports and aggregate demand (AD) can lead to higher rates of economic growth.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3kQ3G6xx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That money isn't ours. Every dollar printed off sinks us deeper in debt to the Federal Reserve than the one before it. That's the problem, and if you really tried to solve it, the Rothschilds would have your fucking brains blown out.

You forgot inflation in your consequences

JFK learned this the hard way.

>I got goods and promised I'd pay for them.
>WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM? THIS IS BULLSHIT.

God damn it, there should be an IQ test before someone can apply for credit.

>Rothschilds

pastebin.com/3kQ3G6xx

bitcoin my man

Also, enjoy your higher interest rate for loans

>print more money so we can get out of debt
How retarded are you?

> Every dollar printed off sinks us deeper in debt to the Federal Reserve than the one before it.

Minus a tiny skim most of the interest paid to the Fed just ends up back at the treasury. Lending from the Fed is essentially free.

Outstanding debt is an economically meaningless number.

>He doesn't know about the saudi petrodollar that artificially inflates the currency.

Man there are still people who think we print the money for free.

> i spent too much money, someone gib more plz

the post

>the creators of Facebook memes are ignorant of basic economic concepts like inflation and money supply

The scary thing is, is that there are more of these people than people who understand why this isn't feasible.

O Y V E Y
Y
V
E
Y

WAKE ME UP

American Universities are zionists instituions
when will you realize that politics from every side is controlled by the Jew?

>kike universities jack of cost of enrollment and text books
>kikes tell you to vote democrat to give you free college
>Liberal retards rally around their candidate who promises to force taxpayers to pay the Kike universities their outrageously exorbitant fees

I hate you and your meme so goddamn much

It's pretty simple the concept of printing money for the sole purpose of increasing money supply.

Something about inflation and the public relations of, we're not competent enough with the resources we currently have, so we have to artificially stim the economy.

Like a bailout but for the people.

Idk, maybe basic income is viable?

Too busy giving away that money to "foreign central banks" for poorly justified reasons. Just don't ask which banks or to review the decision making process, that would be antisemitic of you.

They do print massive amounts of money. The FED had three separate sessions of printing billions a month (basically, buying bonds and similar securities with money they make up just to buy these items), who really knows what they've got going on otherwise.

This answer continues the point of the first reply: The US can print any amount of money they like (not "any" amount, but very large) as long as the USD is the world reserve currency - and that's precisely what they've been doing.

The reason being that to trade any currency, to make any international transaction that is, you need to use dollars. So everybody needs to use dollars, and have them in reserve (or aquire them). This essentially means that while they do get inflation, it's spread out across the world.

Now, if a collection of countries together with europe (say BRICS and europe) decided to use a basket of currencies or whatever, a new one, as world reserve currency, the US would implode faster than you can say 'Zimbabwe' three times in a row.

The Fed can be made to set the interest rates arbitrarily low and keep them there at least as far as government debt is concerned (central bank independence is fiction). With the Fed as a guaranteed buyer at say 0%, an auction will never produce much more than that.

The beauty of the printing press.

This is why economy should be forced on everyone.

sorry that money is only for massive ass bank bailouts to help losers. not loser people but corporations which are also people, but whatever.

Another scary things are gold bugs and monetarists who fail to see that it's sometimes useful to boost inflation a bit when there is a lot of private debt overhang.

Creative destruction can cause world wars.

Why doesn't the government give me an ai gf?

Printing more money only serves to further devalue the worth of the american dollar,and stunt the united states' purchasing power. pic related

It's also worth noting that our federal debt is not correlated to money supply.

Makes me wonder if all that wealth is really just a credit score than is available moneys.

The more you print the less valuable the dollar becomes you retard, $1 is already worth .75 it doesn't need to get fucking worse

Obviously bait, but liberals IRL unironically think like this. It's like they never paid attention in world history class, forgetting about the period of hyperinflation that happened in Germany.

Things work different when you are the reserve currency though.

>Gold drops as dollar closes in on 14-Year High

The government is doing exactly this. The federal reserve "prints" new money every day.

then they "loan" this money to banks who either (and I shit you not) buy US bonds at a higher interest than the fed is charging them or (thanks bernake) they can just "deposit" this loaned money in the federal reserve bank and get more interest than the fed is charging them.

tl:dr the federal reserve prints money, gives it to the bank, then pays the banks for borrowing it

you have 545.000 to pay off??? wtf

This fucking thread again

>Implying that wasn't the Fed's idea all along

user, we're in the middle of a global currency reset. Even the Swiss had to do it not to be BTFO.

i agree 100% user
this policy has turned venezuela into an economic powerhouse

>how to tell someone's an uneducated fool in one quick sentence

why don't we just print/give away more money

On the other hand, the inflation chicken littles are wrong about the impact of the deficit on Japan's currency year after year after year ...

Is the federal reserve responsible for legislation allowing high frequency trading on wall street?

Or am I painting myself a target?

I was talking about private debt.

Faget

In a way, Im glad they took Ajack off the $20 because the bankers were only using it to mock him.

This makes perfect sense, we can just pay off the money by printing more. If it is true that it will devalue the currency(which it isn't, everyone will be equal). POC have been made poor by whites for centuries and it's time for the tables to be turned.

A ridiculous lack of internal production other than oil and dropping oil revenues did that.

No monetary policy could have prevented it, they could have let everything go into a massive spiral of creative destruction and the shelves would have been just as empty.

Look up inflation

Im sure your "degree" didn't touch economics 101

>You have 3000$ in Bank account
>Currency is devalued by 1000$ to 1$
>You now have 3$ (when adjusted for inflation) in your bank account.

Needless to say you're an idiot.

>Why doesn't the government just print more money to help Americans get out of debt?

because fuck Americans thats why

faggot

Hi lads.

Been wondering where to ask this and this seems as good a place as any.

So I understand that we borrow all our money and we owe more money than exists in existence. But why does the system have to eventually come crashing down.

Like I undertand inflation. But the only thing that seems to get worse is we need bigger numbered bills.

Why does the system collapse under quantitive easing and fractional reserve lending?

The debts were not meant to be paid. They were designed to rob you of your property. Read "I wan't earth +5%" book or simply watch one of millions youtube videos that explain this like "Money as debt" , "The American Dream" etc...

>Why doesn't the government just print more money to help Americans get out of debt?
But this is literally what US does. This is why you borrowed so much of cheap credit.

Its not your money, it's the Jews money.

I've never understood *how* more money in circulation causes inflation.

It seems to me that it's completely subjective

"Oh there's more money? Well obviously it's less valuable now."

The global economy is like a volcano where only the 1% control how it erupts or oozes over to "trickle down" to the plebs at the bottom.

Thing is there are too many people climbing up the volcano to sacrifice themselves to the government believing its going to save their family and their legacy.

Unfortunately this is all a fallacy and the 1% are learning more of how they control us the more we admit them to do it.

It's a vicious cycle, and the introduction of cryptocurrency is their kryptonite.

Inflation is necesary for continuos economic growth idiot

Bait. But because people by genetic nature aren't motivated when they have everything.

>you have $1
>come to shop
>see one burger, buy burger for 1$

>you have $1
>another user have $2
>come to shop
>see one burger, you want burger but jokes on poorfags another user buys its for 2$
>2$ is new price for burgers

we live in a country that can't differentiate between IT'S and ITS yet these very same people want to be in charge of controlling the most important fiat currency in the entire world

Things that are more common lose value. How is that too hard to understand?

That whole process IS the federal reserve... I think...

No one's corrected me yet.

Award for the most retarded thing ever written

Yep this is bait

Venezuela

I'd call you an embarrassment, but we all know how well burger education works...

>government prints more money
>currency becomes weaker
>debts go up to counter inflation

Just because you have more money, doesn't mean you want to spend more on its that used to be cheaper.

EVERY

FUCKING

TIME

>Things that are more common lose value. How is that too hard to understand?

This makes it seem like my assertion was correct, that it's completely subjective, and not an actual objective mechanism.

For instance, if everyone just started using the ruble, it's "value" would go up.

So for a currency to have value, people have to use it. If people think a currency has "lost value," they stop using it--which means that it's actually lost value now.

Here we go with this weird esoteric money-magic shit.

Asking questions isn't embarrassing, that's how people learn things.

You'd could educate me instead of making non-arguments.

>99(9(9((((8(((89(((DA JOOOOZZZZX))))09)))09)90)9(9))))

For fucks sake Sup Forums get a new line.

Fuck off. Devalue my wealth so your bills are cheaper...no thanks

And btw, we spend a lot on education compared to other nations and our homeless are hardly hungry (and if they are its because they decided to get their drugs instead). At least in the city i live, homeless have options for food pantries and can panhandle $20 an hour at a minimum.

>0.03 cents has been added to your account

Real price doesn't change. What changes is nominal price.

If the sticker for something says $5, and the amount of dollars in circulation doubles, the sticker has to change to $10 or create a massive shortage.

It's the same where I live. I have zero sympathy for the homeless and them to fuck off when they ask me for money.

Yessssss

Force this meme on lefties

DECLARE BANKRUPTCY USA DO IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW

is that pic really true though? did the US Dollar loose so much value over just 15 years?

50% of school funding comes from the state/local government. If you live in a poor state with a large student population you will have funding issues.

Has nothing to do with money we print.

I gave my last handout a few days ago while christmas shopping downtown. Some obviously loony guy was saying 'bless you bless you' to everyone that passed. He seemed to be disturbed and i was in the holiday spirit and it was incredibly cold...so i gave him 2 bucks. 20 minutes later after i came out of a store a block away, i saw the guy buying drugs, out in the open ...asked some guy 'can i get 2 for 3' whatever the fuck that means. They then exchanged...literally 20 feet from a cop. I almost said something to the officer but i dont need the aggravation or to be summoned to court or whatever. But that shit really pissed me off.

Ok, that part makes sense

But the USA doesn't print it's own money, the federal reserve.

This can't be so. I refuse to believe.

They will, once ((they))) stop being an issue.

>The united states of america
>owning its own currency

yeah no, im pretty sure you should know that since you ´live in burgerland

At what point does currency go from being private property to public property.

Is that also the federal reserve?

Except this is exactly the case. Having more of anything reduces it's value. Since money is suppose to be based on the gold reserves of each country, that's what would determine the worth of your currency. If you print more money, the value of the individual dollar will decrease.

1 gold bar = 100$, if you print more money that same gold bar is worth 200$. The problem comes from the earnings of the individuals will remain roughly the same, even though there is more money in circulation. So your burger will now cost 2$ instead of 1$, except you still earn 10$/month. (Before & After inflation)

This is why the petrodollar exists. American economy switched from deriving it's wealth based on gold reserves to being entirely reliant on the rest of the world using the dollar standard for oil/gas trade, and why it remains as "valuable" as it is. It also means that they have to keep printing money and maintain the economy in perpetual state of "growth", otherwise the dollar will collapse and U.S will be in deep shit, because it's incapable of sustaining itself.

I'm no economy expert, just some pleb reading/watching stuff. I may be wrong, this is just my understanding of it.

Oh Hi Paul Krugman.

Please, tell us how we should become further enslaved with trillions of dollars worth of debt.

So. In a word no.

If capital were just a proxy for trade, then the amount of capital in circulation would obey the law of conservation.
Like a pie, if someone had a piece, there would be less pie.

But capital is not a pie or a proxy.
1. Capital is a product, that can be bought and sold for a profit called interest.
2. Capital reflects speculation and future trades.
3. Capital also sources as the economy gets bigger.

This means it no longer follows the law of conservation. Mathematically, it is a non-conservative field, or a divergent vector space: It has sinks and sources.

Now, some Quants think they can still model with this by using capitial flow, but here is the key:

There has never been an Economic theory that has held up.

So, again, no. The lie of Supply and Demand, Competition, Marketplace, and Rational Self-Interest have never been shown to be reliable or predictable.

That is why the system relies on corruption and manipulation to sustain.

> complains about house payments
> lives in a house

>1 post by this ID
Sage and report.

HYPER INFLATION WHEN?

You've figured out the secret: economy isn't a science or anything, it's 90% psychology and 10% actual supply and demand.

The government and the fed are two different entities. The fed issues the money to the government with nothing to back it up. Genius but cancerous.

How did you manage to say so little with so many words? It's like a piece of modern art.

Money isn't based on gold anymore, it's based on your trust in it.

I don't remember the details but between 1945-1970, when the US did the Marshall Plan, Europe did something that pissed off the USA and decided to keep most of the gold in the world or something.
SInce nobody had gold anymore, bills were just some piece of paper but everyone kept using them so they just kept it at that.

We saw that in HS, I'll try to see if I still have my notes about it.

>creates it's own money

The ((Federal Reserve)) prints the money. Also, what is inflation?
Not only that, but the economy
>That is why the system relies on corruption and manipulation to sustain.

This is why that system has prospered while every other system has failed?

I feel like my ears are bleeding.
Every moment I am regurgitating.
The conspiracy that is worth conceding.
Repeated actions end up deleting.

The cost of our self-fulfillment.
BANK$tare where ya soul at?
Only goal to increase indulgence.
Here is the torch where ya bowl at?

Been had dirt on my shoes.
No longer need to look for you.
Stuff you in a box with small pox.
Forgetting to check the clocks in case it ever tocs.
Don't walk the beat if your walky never talks.

All the seconds I'm here counting.
Tracking points to level scores.
Relive echoes I risk confounding.
Hear all the ghosts close all the doors.

Oops I dropped some meat.
Use the fork and be my ingredients.
All the while remained discrete.
Before we discuss disobedience.

Keep your hue off my blue suede shoes.
Trap or scrap the strap remaining true.
Follow the rocks and lose all the locks.
Don't forget to check the clocks in case it starts to toc.
Next time watch the streets if your talking never stops.

> I have over $545,000 to pay off
Yeah but...who gives fuck about you. Why should anyone care. All your going to do with your degree is have a job for a year then train a pajeet to do it for much lower pay. They have made good use of you. Or did you think it was about you and not the company you work for? Enjoy sucker.

It was the Bretton Woods system. All of the world's currencies were in relation to the USD, which was pegged to gold at $35 an ounce.

Nixon abolished it by suspending gold transfers because they couldn't afford to do so with Vietnam and the government deficit at the time.

>But the only thing that seems to get worse is we need bigger numbered bills.
let's say you have 20 grand sitting in the bank that's worth 1:1 right now
the government shits out a gajillion dollars because and give it to the very poor because they think it will help
inflation gets so bad it turns to a ratio of 1:10 so $10 now would effectively equal $1 from before
your bank account still only has $20,000 in it, but now it's all been devalued so that your bank account effectively only has $2,000 in it
getting bigger bills won't help anything, either way you've effectively lost 18 grand because more money was printed out
the cost of things under inflation don't go up, the effective buying power of the currency goes down