Percentage of Young Americans Living With Parents Rises to 75-Year High

cbsnews.com/news/percentage-of-young-americans-living-with-their-parents-is-40-percent-a-75-year-high/

>Pity both parents and the American housing market: Millennials are moving back home with their folks -- and they aren’t moving out.

>Almost 40 percent of young adults lived with their parents, step-parents, grandparents and other relatives last year, or the highest point in 75 years, according to data from real estate analytics company Trulia. The only time in U.S. history when the share has been higher was in 1940, when the U.S. economy was regaining its footing from the Great Depression and the year prior to the country’s entry into World War II.

40% of millenials are basement dwellers. Heck I'm a basement dweller too. America hasn't had so many young people living with their parents than prior to WW2 and after the Great Depression.

At this rate, America is going to end up like Japan. A country full of basement dwellers and NEETs, where no one has sex and young people can't enter relationships and start families.

Other urls found in this thread:

data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet
data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>than prior to WW2
ww3 confirmed, praise kek

>75 Year
What a coincidence.
Really got my clonkers bonking.

I'm 31 and still live above my dads garage, even though I have a good job and can afford to live on my own.

Wow it's almost as if housing is unaffordable to most young people. Imagine that

I 28 and live by myself, still a virgin and no kids

Luckily parents own 3 homes and i get one of the brand new houses to stay in and ill be paying them rent.

I truly dont give the slightest fuck about the economy or what people think. I was born lucky and today's world is a shitfest, so im helping take care of my parents and they're more than happy to help me with anything, including a house to stay in.

i said, PRAISE KEK

>living with your parents to save money is a bad thing

why dont you just get credit card debt goy?

What's the point of making yourself broke trying to get a home as fast as possible when you don't need to?

there's a HUGE difference between going to college/grad school and being a basement dwelling neet.

well actually, maybe not so much anymore..

>where no one has sex and young people can't enter relationships and start families
That will only apply to white women because they won't lower their standards, except in the case of fucking non-whites into single motherhood. White men will seek brides from abroad.

I had to get my own apartment so I could crossdress in peace, so I moved out a few months ago after college once I landed the job I wanted

post boipucci

Everyone and their dog has at least an associate's degree, user. Most people even have a bachelor's. Degrees have gotten to the point where toilet paper will soon be worth more.

Young American living with parents here, ask me anything.

Yep, we're due for a total global depression and collapse pretty soon. The housing and stock market bubble is gigantic. They should have let the housing market crash right to the bottom last time to correct itself, instead they bailed out the banks and they are going to blame for it. The best part is the person who is going to have to deal with this is Trump. Get ready for the biggest clown fiesta you've ever seen boys.

My old phone broke so any pictures I have of that are on my boyfriend's phone now.

Wait, the actual study says 32.1%. How is that "almost 40%"? Even by clickbait standards that's pretty bad.

millenials are lazy and have no work ethic
t. boomer who was handed everything in life on a silver platter and who actively votes for politics that suffocate the job and housing market

pay* instead of blame.

Have a job?

>as fast as possible
Its demoralizing living with your parents into your 30's and even 40's. Women don't want to have sex with you in your parent's basement.

The main reason why men work for success is family and sex. Take away those 2 things and the country lacks success and won't have enough tax money.

I'm 30, a virgin, I work at the movie theater as an usher. My 32 year old sister recently lost her job and is bumming around Southeast Asia as a backpacker. And my older sister has a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and was the valedictorian of her high-school. After she finishes her trip, she will move back home with me in my room.

>Property taxes are absurdly high
>Place I live is shitty
>have to live with a room mate and hold down a part time job and go to school at the same time
versus.
>living with parents rent free and get free food
The conditions aren't right for young Americans to move out of the house. Matter of fact, I would dare say that Americans are facing a NEET problem do to the current economic climate not being favorable.

My generation is lazy with no work ethic, that is correct. More importantly, they have shitty long-term planning in my experience, but that may just be the age group in general and not related to this generation specifically.

I make good money, I drive a nice car, and I live at home. Eventually I'll buy a home, but the end result would be my dad living in a house by himself, and me living in a house by myself. So instead I save.

The bad part is I get no privacy and it's pretty impossible to tell a girl I live at home, but I'm a robot anyways so don't get in that situation often.

Right now housing is really expensive and mortgage rates are going up too. I hope the housing starts to drop but I don't see it going that way in my area.

No. My mom is forcing me to go to college next month though so I gotta do that

>millennial is anyone age 8 to 45

No wonder so many are living with their parents, they are either being raised or taking care of geriatrics.

but democrats keep telling us the economy is great!

unemployed obama leaf will be here soon with his autism

Where do you live? It's 2% by me. Absolutely insane.

its 700/mo to even stay at the shittiest motel or 600/mo. if i could hold on to a girl i could do it, bt not alone with my shit job. so i just do drugs and fuck bitches in my suv

Most millennials can't afford a house payment. It's not that hard to understand. People with money own shit, poor people don't.

No choice really, if you're in a lower income bracket at best you can barely scrape by living alone.

Very true both my parents worked as jobs as needed to support themselves until they reached a good point. I pave been looking for a second job to save money and move out, not looking forward to moving into to where it would be affordable but it is what it is

I do, I work 2 part time jobs and attend uni. But it's just not worth it to move out when I can rent a quick motel room to fuck whores in, and thanks to helping my family pay bills I get enough freedom to do what I want at home.

Houston.
The school in my area has the highest school taxes in the state. It fucking sucks.

Might aswell fuck

Yes. That's what happens when the economy are job market are fucked. Boomers did this and gen X helped too.

I need to take care of my dad.

My dad and I rent a house together :^)

Even if we assume millennials have no work ethic, who is responsible for this condition? Their boomer parents who dumped them in front of the TV instead of raising them proper? The same boomer parents who gave everyone a medal and said you're a winner, and to succeed in life just follow your dreams?

Clearly these millennials are in such a condition ... For reasons we will simply never understand. :^)
t. Gen X masquerading as Gen Y

Oh shit checked

We don't have a NEET problem, unemployment is pretty low these days, around the same as it was ten years ago.

data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Sup Forums and boomers like to claim that millennials don't work, but they clearly do. It's just that housing is fucked.

>tfw my m8 is a mortgage broker and consistently puts idiots into 30 year loans they can barely afford
>mfw these are 33 year olds that after 4 years still will have zero equity in their home, and actually thought they'd be in a house for 30 years

Has nothing to do with being a basement dweller.

If you have a job and can get a place rent free, why wouldn't you stay at your parents?

Leaving home at 18 was never natural anyway. Most people lived with their parents throughout history.

how can your boomer dad not own a home?

College is shit, get an apprenticeship.

One of the reasons why I want to move out too.

I've lived on my own for about 10years now but I'd have no shame moving in with my parents...they're redpilled and have a huge house

Sorry,
data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

You can see back to 1948.

I'm so glad I own my own dump of a house. In rural maine.

Doesn't this make you guys happy?
More normies look like NEETS.
You hide a little easier.

>have charismatic 3 yr old daughter
>expect that she'll live with us until married as an adult
>groom her to be a revenue-generating twitch gamer gurl in the meantime

She will pay me for living here, and git gud at RTS/FPS.

Why not build an inlaw apartment either on your dad home or in a new home? Win win. Theres nothing wrong with living with your extended family as long as you're still an independent adult.

We all know this is because everything is fucked economic wise, but let's not ignore the fact that most parents are still babying them. Hell, my brothers are in their 20's and still can't use a knife!

>prices rise, pay stays the same
>Rent/buying cost increases
>More and more difficulty finding a job
>Affirmative action to kill the last semblance of a functioning economy
>Society tells white men (the drivers of the economy) to just give up and roll over

Yeah, I wonder why.
There is no reason for a man to work hard anymore. He isn't going to find a loyal wife he wants to care for, he isn't going to have to care for 3 children.
No, if you work, a huge percentage of your pay goes to Jamal and his 10 brothers so they don't have to work. And you're gonna have to pick up the slack from Shaneila-Mercedes, the 500 pound negroid she-beast that gets paid more than you because the company doesn't want to appear racist.

Honestly, the choices of the modern man are essentially
a) found your own company so at least you can avoid niggers, though you still have to pay for their upkeep
or
b) become NEET

>In rural maine.

it's good because absolutely no one will ever bother you for any reason

KEK WILL YOU DELIVER US FROM THIS MESS?

A lot of those """"jobs"""" are part-time minimum or near minimum wage and no benefits.

>It's just that housing is fucked.
Its both housing that is fucked as well as wages.

I only make $10 an hour as a movie usher. It's not a lot of money, but its still $2.75 higher than the federal minimum wage. 10$ is the California minimum wage.

The cheapest studio apartment around me is $660 a month. I can't afford that. I could if I had a roommate in a studio, but I lived like that in college, I can't do it again.

The Chinese are creeping their way inland in California and buying up the property, driving up costs.

I pretty much have my own area, but the kitchen is shared. It's a big house so it isn't terrible.

Any way I cut it, it's hard to have friendships and relationships when living at home at 31.

>not having feminine pepes

come on senpai

No more student loans. That would solve this problem for good. It's the most ridiculous debt to get in to, and without it our economy would be much better off and the young people would have real jobs and be doing something with their lives.

Yeah i live in a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 other room mates and money is still tight. My current situation is pretty shit but I have seen worse

I graduated from my parents basement, got a mortgage, and now dwell in my own basement.

Still doesn't mean we have a NEET problem. People are willing to work, they're just fucked by the economy.

Dude, for 150 000+ years Families stayed together. Grandparent Parent Kids Grandkids. As Long as you bring Money into the Family theres nothing wrong with it.

What kind of mortgage? Years, rate, terms?

Yes i agree with that.

23 year old, still living with parents.

It must suck if you're a NEET, but if you're in school or working, it's not that bad considering the alternatives. Unless of course, you hate your parents.

I'd much rather live with my folks and pay them rent, then move into shitty dorms or student housing, where I get one little hamster bowl to store all my shit and deal with people I'd grow to hate.

Live with your folks, save up some money and then move out when you're stable. Simple really.

I had to move back in with my parents after my kids mom decided she didn't want to be a mom anymore. Had to drop out of school and all that.

Shit sucks, but shame on me for breeding with a BPD.

158k, 30 year, 5%.

I pay $1080 a month, and got a roommate to help pay it.

Moving out was just a meme pushed by the (((government))) so clueless goyim started paying property tax a soon as possible.

>posting a fake neet

Also
>America is going to end up like Japan
America is not some irrelevant tinyass country. Before it turns into Japan there's gonna be a war that will set everything straight.

Whats a BPD ?
But honestly you cant Change that. Thats just life. Doesnt Sound like ist your fault

What's the problem with living in your parents' house?
Why should someone get in debt to buy a shitty apartment when you can live in a 2 story house?

>if u live with ur parens ur a loser xDD
Why?
>muh privacy
Buy a lock or something

Worst part is when your parents die you'll have to pay for their house and your 2m2 appartement unless you sell it. And you don't sell your parent's house that's fucked up.

fpbp

Residential Median rent where i live is $1,242

Borderline personality disorder.

People who have it are some of the worst cunts you'll ever deal with.

not that poster but BPD stands for Borderline Personality Disorder. You typically wouldn't want to be romantically involved with someone with that illness because they are typically highly unstable.

The lifespan wasn't as long back then. So the young would inherit the house sooner fro their parents.

I do admire the Japanese houses. My Japanese grandparent's/uncle's house on my mother's side is a huge house that can fit a lot of people in it. I think there are 10 bedroom-sized rooms. And there are even another 4 bedroom-sized rooms in the garage area.

Extended families are completely normal in Japan. But they do have things like good public transit and love hotels to make up for that. America doesn't have love hotels, and women don't want to have sex in a seedy roach motel, which isn't even cheap either. Its like $80 a night for a Motel 6.

Cool mortgage.
Though, a 30 yr mortgage is a bit excessive no?

>lives in cali
>went to college
>still makes minimum wage after college
>blames wages
>posts pedo anime shit

Nigger what are you doing? Wages aren't the problem, you're just a fuck up.

I figure you post for pay but here's something others might learn --- Lima Declaration. Look it up. Israel told the US who told the rest of the West to send 30% of jobs and manufacturing to Asia. 30% was the starting point. After that it just kept rolling to the point the West has few jobs with hundreds of applicants per shit job

THAT is what happened to millennials

Boomers had nothing to do with it. The whore media certainly didn't inform people it was happening. Then unemployment began occurring. People thought it was just a glitch. Got worse so people figured it would soon get better. As we know, it just got worse

Go on. Get educated. Lima Declaration. Even on YouTube. Impress your friends with your new knowledge and quit playing the merchant game of blaming boomers. Boomers had shit lives. No money after the war. Parents traumatized by that war. No money. Second had furniture, crap houses and places to live, most didn't even own a car. Boomer kids did it hard, did it hard as young adults (the word teenager hadn't even been invented) corporal punishment at home and at school, half wages for women, etc.

Boomers scraped, saved, made their own furniture and houses and clothes

Now boomers are using their savings to put their kids into a home of their own. Boomers paying adult kids third try at education. Boomers can't retire with grown kids to support. Boomers who do have a bit of time to themselves after their hard lives now acting as unpaid babysitters for their kids' kids. Etc

Go get fucking educated and stop jumping on the merchant lie-bandwagon. (((They))) don't want you idiots to know even recent history

>tfw homeless, but at least I'm out of my parents house

Genuinely worth it

Falling for the social isolation Jew that nuclear family is ideal...

Extended families living together creates more wealth and family holdings, inheriting estates instead of selling off to buy debt.

good show user

Actually my Aunt and Cousins sold their 3 Story + Basement House for 175000,- so they could live in the next City in a 100m2 Flat. My Dad and I bought it together and now 4 Months later they fucking regret it.

You wanna know why this is happening? We're legally mandated to uphold the world's highest standard of living even when it's no longer possible. How do they do this? With burdensome building codes, restrictive zoning, and other regulations. It's bad, bad, BAD policy.

If they'd let us build shacks with corrugated metal (when we're really struggling) or houses out of cinder blocks or clay bricks, we could all have a nice and comfy home. Of course they'd also have to let us build where we want and get rid of laws about having lawns and minimum setbacks from the street.

With Trump wanted states to compete to drive wages lower, we'll need our metal shacks and cinder block palaces to get by.

At this rate, America is going to end up like Japan. A country full of basement dwellers and NEETs, where no whites have sex and young whites can't enter relationships and start families.

fixed for you.

Why is that ps3 controller plugged into the power strip?

looks like a usb charger brah.

>30 year
>5%
jesus christ you are an idiot

Avg family income: $5,000
Avg house cost: $8,450
20% down payment: $1,690

1950's buying power in 2014 adjusted for inflation

Avg family income: $93,352
Avg house cost: $85,068 (lol)
20% down payment: $16,613

Avg family income: $51,939
Avg house cost: $365,700
20% Down Payment: $73,140
Tell the kike bankers to start selling all the houses they have in their claws. The government bailed them out and absorbed all their debt in 08. Now they can just sit on those houses and don't have to sell them at the price people are willing to pay

Fucking kikes

Bait?
Removing student loan debt wouldn't get anyone a better job. No one doesn't get a good job because they are in debt.
If anything, the threat of student loans forces people to go after the good jobs. They need the money to pay off the debt. With no debt, more people would think, "oh, why not student feminist theory?"

charging

>He doesn't plug his peripherals into the mains

Charging it bro.

I worked 7 Years around Germany. I lifed in Little Rat infested Flats. When i got a Job Close to my Parents i moved back in. We combined ressources and have now 3 Houses under our wings with approx 1000m2 combined and 10 People paying rent. All just from saving and working together as a Family. Looking at all the broke Singles around me i dont see a Problem with my system