I finished an as non bullshity IQ-test I could find earlier today and scored 123 on the WAIS-III scale...

I finished an as non bullshity IQ-test I could find earlier today and scored 123 on the WAIS-III scale. Now I presume some of the people on here have done similar test and scored well, which brings me to my quesion. Now that I somewhat know what my IQ is, does it really mean anything?

Anything below 150 is pretty negligible really.

The only thing that matters is what you do with it.

What sort of faggot does this shit?

Depends on the purpose. I have an IQ around 130. It is mainly about thinking logical and connecting stuff. Having a high IQ can be really useful but it doesn't give you any emotional intelligence or empathy. For that look up the EQ.

link us to the test you cunt

There's a chart that tells you which professions are most suited to different IQ scores, I don't know if it's on the same scale tho.

LINK?

There's also an interesting correlation between high IQ and mental illness, so yeah, there's that too.

my test will measure your intelligence

I did look up some EQ stuff aswell but it pretty much said I had a "good EQ" Do you know anywhere I can look into it more?

The test is in swedish I'm afraid

It means you have potential. People that score low will not be found in certain professions etc 95%+ of the time (see pic)

I also scored ~123 and I'm a year away from graduating dental school and starting a business, making good money and working for myself for life. Just don't squander your IQ.

Hm yeah I read something similar to what you said. But I doubt my score is on that kind of level of "high"

>120
OP, based on the general level of discourse on these boards and previous IQ score threads that get posted here, I would say the average IQ of people who post on Sup Forums is roughly 115-120.
Someone looking for attention ;))))

Very interesting. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you, do you think this has mostly been a result of your iq or a mixture of it and your personality?

The first thing you need to know is that your ability to acquire knowledge is limited because you only have one life, so get the fuck out of /pol and pursue your dreams instead of shitposting.

Totally depends what you apply it to. 154 here, but total fuck up. Yes, in this case high IQ = mental illness. Brain literally drives me insane. That cookie, whacky guy in the movies who's terribly interesting and does some greater good with it - that's not me. I'm the most retarded, introspective utter failure I know. So generally it means nothing. I think being normal has great merit.

When you say it drives you insane in what way does it do so if I might ask? And I'm sorry you feel like a failure, I find that meditation and other "spiritual" work have helped me a lot with getting a grip of my life

Yeah, after years of hating that kind of thing and refusing help I'm leaning towards starting meditation etc.

I guess it drives me crazy in a lot of ways. Firstly because I've never worked out what to do with it, so I get ocd failure fueled noisy repetitive thoughts. I over think everything, especially social stuff. For the simplest actions there can be lengthy intricate thought patterns.Then there's obsessively monitoring news/forums. Add to all of that a miniscule attention span and all you're left with is a husk stuck in a loop. I once had a single phrase from a waltz going round in my head for ten weeks.

Like I say, open to getting help now, cognitive behaviour therapy soon.

184 here. AMA. I write music for fun and do nothing with it. I fell as backwards into my job as an electrical foreman. Went to public college for 2 years then dropped out because, ehh... I'm literally doing nothing with my life because I have the most fun sitting on my ass. I've got idea's to make money, but I have no drive since I've made myself ultra-comfy just by default.

Ditto. IQ was 149. Manic, perpetually anxious, suicidally depressive. Eventualy took a institutional dose of Effexor XR (600mg) and went psychotic for a number of months - this was back in the early days when the drug was not well understood. Went cold turkey off it without titrating and had full blown grande malle seizure followed by months of brain zaps. IQ plummeted to 105 and lost short term memory. That was a decade ago. Since then my IQ has bounced back to 125, but my short term memory is still completely messed up. I can't do half of what I used to and everything is much harder. My life has nothing to show for it: no home, no job, and one lost marriage. Finally got a job selling internet door to door (I'm 37). IQ ain't nothing without stability, self-regard, and direction. Put your brain to work. Set goals. Establish personal standards and work towards maintaining and exceeding them.

This is wise.

Why the fuck are you wasting your time on /pol?

IQ and parents helping when needed. Not that we are a wealthy family. But i think encouragement and high IQ go a long way. Success in many parts of like (GPA, earnings) are highly correlated with IQ.

This too. It's just too comfortable sitting around doing exactly what makes you comfy.

This'll sound shitty, but I never found anything I thought was worth doing - or at least anything that I could concentrate on long enough to finish.

I'm 43 now, and although I've satisfied many of my own curiosities, I've wasted my life.

Take the test and similar tests over the next two weeks. Be more prepared and ready each time. Use caffeine and be excited. Welcome to MENSA.

It means you're a idiot. I scored 198 on the Wendy's Spatial and cognitive aptitude test which also calculates intelligence using standard deviation from the mean. They said it's the highest they've ever seen and I got the head food chef job on the spot. Make $200k per year and have all access to the Wendy's resort in Clearwater FL. So basically, kys dunce.

Laziness, I lurk Sup Forums when can't focus on real subjects, usually when tired.

I'm worried about this. Started meds four months ago, doubt I'd score even average now. I often said I wished I was dumber, that I could watch tv shows and stuff, laugh at anything, enjoy pop music. Other people just seem so happy.

Fuck, this is a depressing post.

Anything below 150 makes you not white.

Here lads we got a typical 110 IQ.

Just smart enough to talk himself out of doing stuff.

Just dumb enough that even if he tried he will fail.

Unlucky m8. It's not your fault.

IQ 147 here.

Self made millionaire by age 23 (software company). got infinite time now. It's amazing.

Would recommend high IQ. 8/10

Your an idiot.

What the fuck man. Wish you all the best. Life is bizarre.

I took a WAIS test years ago and got 144. I have a decently high paying job and spend my days surrounded by other smart people, but the vast majority of the population are just morons that aggravate me.

Dating is a challenge, most women are irredeemable idiots. My GF (who is awesome) is long distance, so we only see other like every other month. Hopefully she can get transferred to where I live.

It's worth nothing that most IQ tests are bullshit and are skewed to make everyone think they are in the 130s. If you aren't paying a couple hundred bucks and having a proctored session with a trained administrator, it's not a real test.

I used to have incredibly bad anxiety about almost everything. I was on a cocktail of drugs as a teen, including Adderall, which really made the underlying problems worse. Don't ever fully trust a psychiatrist, they are largely just pharma vending machines.

Also alcohol is baaad news. I had a serious drinking problem in my early 20s due to anxiety/loneliness, and it fucked me up to the point where I basically just need to avoid booze altogether.

So smart he doesn't read the thread.

Congratulations though on your life.

IQ is Jewish pseudoscience.
It is completely unscientific and an unreliable way to gauge intelligence.

>he actually thinks you can see if someone is a genius by putting shapes in order

The Jews are laughing at you dumb goys bragging about your high IQs.

You guys have posted a lot of interesting things. It's got me wondering if I can do anything to highten my IQ? Or if it will improve at all as I age? 18 atm

Pattern recognition is a huge part of intelligence.

I took 20 medications over 17 years. None of it worked. The problem is most likely not that your brain is defective chemically, at least not to the extent that you need chemical support, it's more likely that you are not in full possession of yourself. Meaning, you're not doing what fulfills you, you're not contributing to society in a meaningful way, you're not feeling important to yourself or others, you're not feeling purposeful or successful. This sort of state of being will fuck up anyone's mood and more intelligent and sensitive you are, the more acutely aware you are going to be to it. For me, I had to get beyond myself - years of self-hatred and faithlessness in myself had eroded my ego to the point that I simply could no longer believe in myself no matter what I told myself or people told me. I had to go spiritual - I had to get above myself. It was, for a rational person, an excrutiating - at times still is - experience to choose to have faith in something other than what was right in front of me. But what was right in front of me was dog shit; undeniablly terrible and a failure. Hate to admit it, but faith is working for me when everything (diet, exercise, group, CBT, talk, EMDR, and 20 different meds, career changes, divorce, you name it) didn't. Feel free to mock me. I have eaten too much shit to give a fuck.

Intelligence in general is quite fluid. Healthy lifestyle and constantly trying to push your mental limits will make you smarter.

I live a pretty average life, but as a 24 year old the difference between my 18 year old and 24 year old mind is quite huge.

Hence why truly dumb people tend to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Pattern recognition is something fucking monkeys know how to do. It has no factor in whether or not you're a genius.

This is why the Jews laugh at you guys. This is why the white race is losing.

see picture here
There is obviously a range of IQ that allows you to perform certain tasks. Having an IQ below a certain range empirically seems to exclude people from certain tasks.

Dentists have a Perceptual Ability portion of their application tests. You rotate, fold, and alter objects in your head. It's nearly certain that people with IQs below a certain rage can't do these things.

>tfw too intelligent to drive a truck

Not going to mock that myself. Honest heart-felt stuff. What I have been doing obviously hasn't helped, so yes, I accept the answer lies outside me. Still early days though, plenty of things to try.

105 here.

So in internet terms that makes me a subhuman retard I guess.

Not sure if you're serious? Do you think everyone cabable of pattern recognition performs it at the same level? That's like saying every one cabable of thinking is equally wise.

Loosely translated the better you perform at pattern recognition, the better you're at making connections, learning stuff and using intuition for your benefit.

Is heavy cannabis use associated with any negative effects to IQ? I'm a final year aerospace engineering student, achieving a first class grade in all of modules so far, have never taken a proper IQ test though.

Above average user, be proud of what you have.

I get my IQ tested one every 8 years as part of getting free money for being schizophrenic. It always comes out around 140.

What do I do with this information? Nothing.

You should tell nobody.

I do lift weights 4 times a week, read everyday and meditate everyday so maybe if i keep this up it will improve thanks for the answer.

man, thank you for your honesty, a good lesson here.

i was above 140 (know this because I tested into gifted classes where 140 is the mark) but then recently took a test that has me at 123 now after 5 years of marijuana abuse. I am happy to hear that the points are recoverable.

i feel as though my logic is there still, i just have a harder time expressing it due to lack of focus and anxiety from the drug abuse.

also have been addicted to adderall and virtually any substance i could get my hands on.

how long did it take you to recover points/are there any methods for quickening the process and staying sharp that you have found?

((oh also, i was on prescription meds to deal with the depression i had off pot, and I honestly think that shit might've messed me up worse than the pot...fuck pharmaceuticals))

IQ isn't fixed like it is made out to be, you can improve

I know a successful, full Professor, who's a multiple published PhD with an IQ 105. Hard work, having a niche expertise, a bit of luck and a lot of passion are more important than raw intelligence.

what a fuckin' asshole.

what's your company called, mr. big balls?

There are conflicting studies and opinions, but in general heavy cannabis tends to lead to poor dopamine function, which in turn leads to poor cognitive function. Nothing irreversible though.

no ur n idiot.

>college professors with 95 iq
Jesus

i was above 140 in my youth, tested after 5 years of pot abuse (albeit, an online test, but it was the mensa one) and i scored 123.

take that as you will.

right now im trying to recover me points

Kinda same situation here. Also other fun tests. But no monies, though.

sWEEDISH and afraid... the country.

>non bullshity IQ-test I could find
If your test is not administered by a psychologist or someone equally qualified it was bullshit.

Everyone is either trolling or has no idea how real iq test work. That's a good score, do something with your life

I regularly score 140ish on internet tests and 130-140 on in person tests.

No. IQ means almost nothing. It is trying to learn your brain's capability to process information and unfamiliar concepts, but all it's effectively doing is measuring your familiarity with patterns and puzzles. You can quite literally get better IQ results by simply studying how IQ tests are administered, so it's not much of a measurement.

Still, it's enough to separate literal retards(80-100) from the moderately intelligent(130-145). It sucks at separating anyone at 130+ and there really isn't much of a difference beyond the 130 mark from what I can tell.

we're not questioning the results, but the internet... you fucking idiot.

Resetting the dopanergic system is a bitch. Takes for fucking ever (5+ years of saintly abstemiousness). Best not to mess with it in the first place.

this.
i test high, but the assholes who constantly brag about their IQs are clearing compensating for a lack of success in other areas of life.

do ya think trump has a high IQ? almost certainly not.

a high EQ? oh hell yes, that dude knows PEOPLE

>humans are social creatures, and even those lonely genius types, still rely intrinsically on the support of others
>hence, someone who knows how to deal with people will be far more successful than anyone simply with a big brain

oh fuck.

im just starting this path of sobriety and getting my brain working a bit better again.

how'd you come up with 5+ years?

Me too, user. I test around 160 on online tests, so it amuses me that all these people who take online tests and think that they are ~130 are probably actually completely average or "high" average.

Have you ever taken one of these online tests and found you score higher as well? I'd take this online test if I weren't running a temp of 102.3, for comparison reasons.

this. isn't that still above 90th percentile?

My first girlfriend tested at 142 as a child. Not fun, especially since she had no inclination to display emotion outside of short momentous occasions.

EQ is not a real thing, it isn't even quantifiable. IQ is somewhat quantifiable although their is a lot of margin for error because you may answer the questions differently depending on a lot of varying factors. I think a lot of people on Sup Forums are more intelligent than the mean, we probably have a higher average IQ than the Ashkenazi Jew (115). I mean we are CONSTANTLY out Jewing the Jew. I took an IQ test and I scored 122 the first time round and then 136 in the same test 5 years later.

I think there's a consensus forming. Fuck drugs. Have you ever heard a stoned person say something smart when you were sober?

I can really say if I had my time again, I wouldn't. Pharmaceuticals don't seem to help either, or at least very mildly numb you.

Purpose, that's what we need, and I don't mean being a flash Harry entrepreneur rolling on a big pile of money laughing. Obviously, I don't know what I mean by 'purpose'.

Can any user here recommend the most accurate iq test you can find online?

I hear most online iq test are not that accurate....

hear hear, britbro. fuck drugs, gotta make life your drug.

maybe purpose is just finding that 'thing' you love, and finding a way to use your selfish love to help others?

you scratch that personal itch, and that societal one

EQ is quantitative by general consensus and your ability to pick up on social norms. How do you think Chad Thundercock is fucking your mom atm?

look for the mensa one?
i think that's the international organization of supergeniuses, so i kinda think theres is sorta legit haha

>online IQ test worth a damn
No sireeebob those tests aren't valid and neither are the results.
T. Ex psychologist.

I agree with what you say. I do believe that personal development, mastering your own psychology and finding your personal life purpose is of outmost importance.

EQ is not real, it's bullshit made up to make niggers and women feel better about themselves. EQ isn't actually quantifiable and therefore it is impossible to truly measure, it is really just subjective, feel good bullshit.
IQ even has a lot of margin for error, I took a similar test to OP and scored 122 and then 136 on another occasion 5 years later (I took the first IQ test when I was 13).

Where else do you think we'd be but /pol?

Link to band camp

What is a good IQ test to take? I figured most internet ones are shit.

I feel this hard. Im 34 and have a lot of this plus chemical imbalances from years of drugs. gay

Pattern recognition should be stage one in measuring intelligence then.

It would be like saying someone is a math genius because they've mastered addition.

A better testing method would be 10 or so brackets using math concepts.
Bracket 1 would be patterns and counting problems.
Bracket 2 would be arithmetic. And so on.
And if you fail a bracket test you aren't allowed to progress to the next one.

So people can brag by saying they're Bracket 8 or something.

life

It's certainly a challenge! I'll take it.

so... you're telling me an organizations solely built on smart people donations are going to put forth an IQ test on the largest platform available to almost anyone. Sounds like marketing is the boss factor here.

while I agree that EQ is a pseudoscience to make low IQ people feel better, I think it is vastly important in a metaphorical way.

EQ being a metaphor for how well you deal with your own emotions, and how well you deal with other people.

as social little monkeys who rely on collaboration for success (most hugely successful people don't do it on their own, despite the legends created after them), the metaphorical EQ is worth more than just a high IQ.

obviously it's best to have both, and obviously there is some overlap and this is all bullshit, so blah blah blah, here I am responding anyways

Is a high IQ passed down through genetics? My dad got a 155 or something close to that when he did a Mensa test, and my Mom's would be maybe like 115 or so. Would it be reasonable to assume that mine would be somewhere around 145?

Wot? Sounds like some ancap meme

brainlets all of you

Go study business, take dale Carnegie talking classes, study psychology and go make a shitload of money. I don't know Trump and obviously as a professional I shouldn't diagnose someone without meeting them in person, but Trump's history his acting out and being shipped off to military school makes me think he would get diagnosed with ADD or something similar. His speaking mannerisms only add to that.

you think the bullet will be able to penetrate his forcefield, top pip white boi how can you even compete

EQ is literally pointless and has no correlation with job success whatsoever. It's bullshit PC pseudoscience that essentially functions as the participation award for mental capabilities.

You have nine potentially wonderful years before you're hopefully not me user. You're still young, find some way to sort it out. Unironically there's some helpful comments in this thread...

There are a lot of good people online who provide great tips on these matters. I personally find Leo from Actualized.org very interesting and wise

Those online tests give me an iq of about 130. Sometimes it is 125 sometimes 135 depending on my mental state and substance intake.

I wouldn't consider myself particularly intelligent, I can perform alright in an academic setting but I have never had the impression I was really smart. When I read certain authors this impression is strengthened, some people are just insanely intelligent. Not to even mention mathematicians who are like an alien species