What commy BS is the push for driverless cars? why gov subsidizing?

youtube.com/watch?v=GdGTM8wGKHQ

>be in driverless car
>get into accident with victim
>injuries & death result
>determined not to be victim's fault
Who's held accountable? No one. A particular company is but no person is. Until someone comes up with a satisfactory legal answer to who's liable when driverless cars get into accidents, we shouldn't have them on the road.

driverless cars can't get into accidents though. All accidents are caused by human error

not true
where do you get these beliefs
driverless cars can 100% cause accidents
million things could go wrong

most likely you will need to determine if the error was hardware, software, or human.

If hardware or software, the company is liable. If human, the human.

Driverless car companies will simply make it so their cars get into so few accidents, it's better for an insurer to cover their car over a human being.

baity

Lok'tar ogar, for the hoard.

Driverless cars is funded by the government since it'll be a means of eliminating political and government enemies legally. All they have to do is have a little car crash and they can say the computer messed up and no questions asked and no one is responsible.

scary 1984 shit

no one said bring in syrians no one said we want driveless cars
our tax money shit tons fo it being spent without out consent
isnt that why we booted the brits?

ever played any game where traffic is simulated?

ex. gta, sim city

have you ever seen accidents there not caused by human interference?

Drives are liable once they assume the risk of using the car

ever seen a grown man naked?

no

time to ride murdercycles Sup Forums

because it's the future you dip

>It's my fault even when it's not.

Jew detected

did you ever hang around the gymnasium? do you like movies about gladiators?

I'm good with driverless cars. I don't want to die because some retard wants to text his wife's son and ends up swerving into an oncoming lane.

Its to take away ownership. Perpetual income for car companies. Once driverless cars are mandatory you wont be able to own one. You will just pay to use it.

Driverless cars is the first step to outlawing driving for most people, it will start with mandated speed limited cars, mandated automatic transmission for emissions, power limits, harder to get licenses, and when driverless cars are so good that most people have volunarily purchased them, then driving cars will be de facto banned for most people.

Its a way to make cities that function on cars into mass-transit cities by making the cars an extension of the busing system.

Corporations are people, my friend.

It would also kill the aftermarket parts market and independant auto body and repair shops. All maintenance would be done by the manufacturer.

Can't this be a case where suing the manufacturers is actually valid?

This.

Driving will be slowly phased out and then they can start restricting movement of people.

Won't think it will happen? Think long term.

Manual driving would only make sense to be banned once there are enough driverless cars on the road that traffic patrols, speed limits, light signals, and signs become pointless and are taken off the roads. Even then the benefits of driverless cars outweigh the costs.

Seems like a great way for the government to end freedom of movement. To always track where everybody goes at all times.

I want to kiss Tucker.

Does anyone here even drive a nice car? Are you really going to miss your autotragic civic?

Can't wait to be barreling down the highway with my 98' chevy and a gps/gsm jammer strapped to my dash watching all the eco-cucks screaming as their self driving prius' start plowing into the guardrails.

>98
>duramax
Choose one faggot.

Signal jammer isn't going to do much against radar and lasers, leaf.

why the fuck does no one care about better public transport now

Because once the technology gets perfected and human driven cars get banned, you won't ever see a traffic jam. You'll see cars driving 150 km/h through intersections without stopping (and any traffic lights), since they will know where exactly the other cars are going and won't collide.
>inb4 muh enjoyment from driving
Drive on a racing track instead of holding everyone else back.
Fuck luddites.

Fuck that. I enjoy driving my manual car. And less control isn't necessarily a good thing. If some people want self-driving cars that's fine but let me drive my car in peace.

This, because governments are completely organized and have their shit together. Oh wait...
It'll get better when they cut the world population to a hundredth of what it is now.

A video game does not simulate real world events. How is the world going to function when the driverless Uber car never arrives because it got stuck in a snow bank, it hits an object on the road like a bolt, or even a deer.

In the real world, everything can go wrong. And they can't program a car to deal with every inevitable thing, where a human can make a split second decision and usually does. It might be a right or wrong decision, but they can act on their own.

That then becomes a problem in it's self. Ever notice how some people don't take care of things that they don't own?
Would you want to get into a driverless car where the last occupants emptied the contents of their stomach in it?

>driverless cars
literally why, driving is fun

noto an argumento

This is the stupid kind of conspiracism. You're correctly identifying potential downstream negative consequences of an ongoing current development, but then assuming them to be the real secret motivation for said development.

The truth is self-driving cars are fucking awesome. They will save tremendous expense, in time, labor, and LIVES.

If you try to fight that by associating it with a manual-car ban, YOU'RE the one making the case for it.

Id love to own a car i dont have to drive. I dont know how to drive and likely will never learn.
I like to walk and take the bus, but every so often, there will be a need to go somewhere the bus doesnt run to or is too far to walk, at that point, it would be nice to have access to a car. But those times are so rare that owning a car seems like a pointless and expensive decision.
So I guess I will just stick with uber

Ever notice how man builds these things, and man is not perfect? That's how you can have accidents.
Also, shit like that's going to need regular software updates. One of those goes even slightly wrong, and you've got mass accidents.

The car can see conditions better than a human. The car can talk to other self driving cars.
The reality is as more self driving cars get on the road there will be less accidents.

driverless cars will make it even easier to determine who was at fault in any given accident, because of the telemetry data they gather

Actually yes lots of times. You never play GTA 5? Stupid AI driving into eachother cause they didn't map out the intersections and highway exits/entries properly at some parts.

That's actually quite similiar to the biggest roadblock in real life self driving cars. Mapping shit out properly and keeping that data up to date.

Bringing driverless cars is technological progression you Luddite.

I know progressive is a bad word around here but when it comes to tech its really not (AI scares me tho)

Well said, and I agree. Imagine the efficiency!

you can vote for your representatives in government
before 1776, that was not the case

>be in a driverless car
>AI detects that you've expressed wrongthought past the allocated daily level
>marked for extermination
>car crashes into a wall
>CNN report reads "crazy man dies after attempting to hijack car by hacking it (self driving cars are perfectly safe)

>It would also kill the aftermarket parts market and independant auto body and repair shops.

So what? You going to stifle tech progress because of some grease monkeys? There are many trades/professions that are now obsolete, and we have survived then, and will in the future

(you)

Eliminating free movement is part of the overall effort to eliminate free activity of all kinds.

Transportation, communication, commerce, the globalist plan is for every single instance of all of it to be monitored - so it can be stopped and the person punished if it in any way threatens the oligarchy.

Are you trying to say human drivers are incapable of get stuck in a snow bank or hit a deer? Are you nuts?

It's called rent seeking and it is an inherent part of capitalism. Shitty Jew companies like google lobby the government to give them tons of free money and they need an excuse for it, so they make useless projects like driverless cars.

t. busriding commie

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

>car controls where you go
>what routes you take
>reports to Jewgle on your whereabouts
Imagine if your phone weighed 2 tons and was your sole source of transportation.

Did you watch the video, transportation has the highest amount of jobs in many states. Replacing them with self driving vehicles would leave millions upon millions out of work.

This "tech progress" isn't to improve well being, but to make as many people as miserable as possible and for corporations to increase profit.

>mfw Tucker Carlson is a Sup Forumsack

The model the technocrats are going for in all areas is the rent model. Instead of owning anything, you rent access. So instead of having your own car, you would rent access to cars owned by Google or whatever Jewish company. Or you rent access to thr network that allows then to work. Instead of owning a house, you rent from a Jew. And so on.

Because it would actually be cheaper and more cost effective if the government spent the money normally spent on public transportation and simply bought people cars.

Public transportation is invariably full of undesirables.

Its about giving anyone who dare question the government and the social re-constructors that is jewry a means to easily drive them off a cliff in an "accident"

Many people already lease cars and houses.

Part of the reason for public transport is reduced street congestion.

Only dirty urban dwellers give a fuck about that sort of thing.
Auto pilot cars will reduce accidents which cause tremendous amounts of accidents.

Obviously an insurance pool will be created to cover this sort of thing... Overall driverless cars will greatly decrease the total number of accidents. Indeed, when driverless cars really catch on insurance might become prohibitively expensive for individuals who choose to drive themselves

Yeah, until happens. If you think self driving cars are going to be foolproof, you're retarded.

lol
ever been in a turkish prison?

no it isnt
no one needs them
driverless train sure
allow private trains unregulated
they will quickly link areas
fuck off with thsi social engineering shit
no consumer is demadning a direrles car
and they are damn dangerous

you mean government crony corps not free market earn it corps

public trasnit is not needed service that wont go awy becasue tax parsites

They want it to be the only option.

When do people get sick of crony commy social engineers trying to push driverless cars.

Fuck driverless cars!! Fuck social engineers of silicon vallye pushing garbage liek twitter which ganks any pro capitalism speaker fuck jewbook and jewooogle
end universities
end public school
I want real free markets
mass produced housing
end need for mortages
hosue far apart with huge tub made from concrete pilalrs, plasti cpanel walls and metal thin strong roof minimal materials but 1$ per suqare foot si what sneeed
get all the dummies working at factories to make this
lower lawyer prices
repalce judges with software
government should use linux and lisp swi prolog smalltalk haskell forth ada gnoga freebsd etc
fuck elon musk he owes tax payers 5B at least

Your AE35 module has a 99% chance of failure.
Better get in the pod and replace it before something goes wrong.

>The model the technocrats are going for in all areas is the rent model
Because "rent model" sounds a lot better than "indentured slave model."

It's easier for political opposition to get into a freak """"car accident"""" when you're all but physically behind the wheel of their car.

Everyone in this thread is retarded. Driverless cars will still allow for human manual control you fucking nigs

They will be farrr safer than human driven cars. Do you think that a human can possibly calculate speed, distance, probability of accidents, etc as well as a computer can? Are you that dense?

One of the anons in this thread already said it, you'll eventually see driverless cars travelling at speeds (and making decisions that would take a human driver would take orders of magnitude longer) that we would never be able make. This will increase efficiency but a huge degree. You are clearly to stupid to see this.

>no one needs them
Humans don't NEED cars either. Not an argument

>no consumer is demanding a driverless car
Nobody was demanding a computer or the internet either. What's your point?

You think it'd be hard to override what the user wants in special cases?

Besides the obvious political implications of those "convenient accidents" which will certainly happen, there's also the fact that they'll most likely be constantly connected to the botnet so that Zuckerburg will know exactly where you've traveled every time you stepped into a motor vehicle, for life.

Get ready for the PATRIOT Act on steroids when the government claims the right to all information regarding your private local travel.

This brings up a good point, also I think we put way too much faith in technology. Driving a car is too chaotic for an artificial intelligence to master correctly. At least the AI we currently have. It's too dangerous for everyone involved when an AI can't think in real time like a human and still has bugs and errors to work out on top of being limited to simply following commands.

I'm a capitalist, I'm not for regulating or making things illegal but I think people should have the common sense to realize this is a half-baked idea.

"Michael Hastings, white courtesy Mercedes."

fuck driverless cars
fuck yo
fuck silicon valley cunts who want to swith cto wind n solar jsut to take over energy industry
fuck silicon vllaey weasils who wana try n take over tarnasport industry
fuck banning drive rcars in any road whatsover
fuck the passenger lane
fuck all thsi commy bullshit

>>determined not to be victim's fault
you fucked up.

fuck you
humans can react
machien can go haywire any minute
I dotn want some jew lawyers cordoning off the city except for eye in sky car drones
fuck you
fuck off commy

This is so retarded. Driverless cars will still have insurance requirements. The insurance company will have to pay. Insurance companies know driverless cars are safer anyways, overall it's a better bet for them anyways

>machines can go haywire any minute

And human minds are the epitome of stability, right? Lmao no point in arguing with the stupid

this way assassinations are easier

You're comparing the AI work some starving game devs shat out in a couple months against the smartest engineers in America working for years.

They won't crash into each other just because the map isn't up to date, or the road is under construction. At worst, they'll just get lost or take a longer route than necessary.

how long until we have indisputable proof of a government using a driverless car to kill someone like Assange?

better yet, will plebians even care, or keep using them?

Machines cannot get drunk
Machines cannot text while driving
Machines cannot take the eyes out of the road to check some nice ass
Machines cannot into road rage
Machines do not lose (as much) reflex and coordination when they become old
Machines cannot overspeed because they think this is Initial D

The danger of automation is that it will drastically reduce wealth distribution. No longer do you need to share profits with workers, now you only need to pay a bit for maintenance but everything else goes straight to you to purchase more automation to make yourself ever richer.

Problem then is that eventually no one has money to buy your stuff, so you're forced to give some up to the gov to distribute to the pleb so they buy your stuff. And that point, society turns into a sort of race or competition between the automated production owners to see who can acquire the most of the redistributed wealth.

who writes the coding?

oh that's right.. humans.

>humans can react
>machien can go haywire any minute

It's not important that self driven cars be perfect. As long as they're significantly better than human drivers, insurance companies alone will pressure the population into going driverless.

"Oh you want to continue driving your car? That's fine I guess, but you realize your premiums are doing to go up to a hundred a month per year until you get one of those safe, no-accidents driverless cars. If you do, your premiums will be half what they are now!"

Driving your car will become a recreational pass time for the rich, or in controlled environments.

The only thing public transport does is move hordes of niggers and spics to areas where they aren't wanted.

Watch the traffic in GTA
Never an accident
A.i is more better

man is an organic machine that can calculate many things and act upon many things. Some times something goes wrong with a part of this machine; eyes are blinded, mind is confused.. and it causes the machine to fail at an operation. ALAS the machines that man built in his image; those that mimic his actions can never be blinded (sensors can never fail or be sabotaged) nor can they ever be confused (computers don't freeze when they're in cars, stupid) and, of coarse, man's roads and gps navigational systems have never failed us before!

Can you present me with proof that I am wrong? I'm not disagreeing with you that human error is the #1 in vehicle accidents. But what is the best way to push your agenda?

I was like you a few years ago. But if you take time to read up on EU proposals and speak to people who work at Tesla on the Autopilot programming, I am merely connecting the dots.

Again think long run. I'm not saying this will be the case in 15 years.

>Everyone in this thread is retarded.

I'm pretty sure you would have reacted in the same way if I told you the constant innovation of the telephone would mean that they would use that to spy on you (able to listen to all your conversations/texual input you send to your contacts/follow your movements both with cell tower Triangulation or more accurately by GPS).

Just because you and a lot of others can't connect the dots and see the connections, doesn't mean it's not going to happen in the long run.