I disagree completely with the notion that California shouldn't be able to decide our election...

I disagree completely with the notion that California shouldn't be able to decide our election, and I'm not even Californian.

It's where the majority of people in the US live. Why should their vote be worth less just because they all happen to gather in the same place?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and you assume the election would go the same way if the rules were changed

Because they're fucking idiots.

because that's the deal that the country was founded on, if you want to change it then convince the other 49 states

Go away Seattle nobody cares

In a democracy, their vote should count the same. But that fact is why pure democracy is retarded, as well as why we aren't one.

Shit bait, but you still got a reply. 4/10.

Says the Trudeau worshipper

>pure democracy is unacceptable when it disagrees with me

>2 wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner makes total sense and that is the way it should be

If we went by popular vote, we'd have to give power to the federal government to determine the rules for voting. This would remove an important block against federal tyranny. Also we'd almost certainly have to have voter ID laws which are apparently worse than Hitler, do you want Hitler?

Because my republican vote here is completely negated by all of the libtards here.

People in California think yhey are SOOO awesome. If an earthquake happened, which is known to happen.. And messed up the roads, there literally isn't enough food to feed the people in LA where the majority vote comes from. And they would all be fucking dead and wishing that had guns to protect what little they do have.

I agree we should accept simple majority vote for EU parliament and legislation too.

Oh wait lefties dont want it here because it does not fit their agenda.

yes

>38 million
>majority

k

San Franodom and LAmorrah, will be washed away next year

Because we are the United States of America and if states don't feel like they're represented, why should they stay in the union?

We wouldn't be having this conversation if we required a voting ID. Without the illegals and repeat voters, the popular vote would be Trump's, too.

BECAUSE THAN THE CANDIDATES WILL ONLY CAMPAIGN IN BIG CITIES

What is so hard to understand why this is a bad idea. I live in Seattle by the way, and I've quickly learned liberals suck at governing.

cause theyre a bunch of brainwashed, no forethough retards

Yeah man fucking 55 free blue electoral votes EVERY election is totally not enough guys fuck it give them 105

The only concern this leaves me with is how they'll reorganize Major League Baseball.

t. so cal fag

AWOO AWOO AWOO

"It's where the majority of people in the US live"

The VAST majority of people DON'T live in California.

They shouldn't.

Sup Forums is just full of cry babies with the same mentality as your typical SJW with just a different outlook on things

WOW.

But if you leave, the average IQ of Sup Forumsjust about doubles.

A pure democracy is tyrannical and undesirable on such a large scale. This country should not be run like one. Also, if you think having a bunch of city jews dictating law to the rest of the country whom they are reliant on for their existence won't breed conflict or resentment, you are an idiot. Plus, you would be completely disenfranchising the white man and handing all power to the coloreds if you got rid of the EC or whatever. We are this close to being replacement migration'd out of existence as it is. This isn't their land, it isn't their country, and they shouldn't have any say as to how it is governed.

I'll bite.

This country is a collection of individual states that are allowed to have individual laws. Because of this, we have an election for each state.

We function as a single nation but are essentially fifty separate ones. Yes, there is some common federal law, but for the most part states have the rights to pass their own laws for anything they disagree with.

This is why you have 50 separate elections and determine the president this way. If your argument is that the electoral votes for each state are not proportional, or more proportional, then that's a separate argument.

California is mostly mexico and numale traps, it doesn't even count anymore

>a wolf and two sheep voting on what is for dinner but the wolf gets 3 votes

Commiefornia deserves a nuke.

318.9 million (total US population) - 38.8 million (total California population) = 280.1 million (total population in the 49 other states)
Your argument is invalid

>1 state vs 49 states

wew lad

this

Because sovereignty lies with the states, not the federal government. There is no national popular vote. The states vote for the president, not the people. This is how a federal republic works. Direct democracy only works for smaller populations, which is why virtually nobody uses it. Additionally, direct democracy is a much easier system to game than the electoral college. You only need one state with weak fraud prevention measures to control the entire country. Allowing 12% of the nation's population to have 100% control over who the president is is much less democratic in practice than what we have today.

>letting illegals sway a presidential election

President Juarez Taco 2020

California is not america.

Why aren't you concerned that the state that literally feeds the nation doesn't get fair representation?

Because FUCK california.

>your shitty analogy can be turned right back around on Trump voters

>Why should their vote be worth less just because they all happen to gather in the same place?

Because rural culture is already broadly ignored by the urban sectors and it's more like the urban areas of California- San Francisco and LA- and then other places like Dallas and New York City deciding the course of the country for everyone else.

It's telling places like Maine, Arizona, South Dakota and Michigan, "Nope, sorry, you don't get to choose who leads us in war time."
A strict popular vote doesn't work for an executive branch in a zero sum game where there's only one position elected. Because of how much power the position holds it'd never work unless there was significant changes made so that as much of the voting public was represented as possible as opposed to roughly half.

because America is a union of 50 states. you have to give more weight to states than corresponds to their population, like Wyoming etc, because they give America their land mass and resources. let's see how much of a world superpower America is when it's split up into 2 coastal halves, with a gaping hole in the middle.

the powers in California and the east coast NEED the central parts. first to call for independence will be Texas. they won't put up with being ruled by the 2 coasts for more than maybe a couple of election cycles.

>California is not america.

Take one step out of this country and you'll realize California is pretty much all of America.

If California wants more representation in the federal government, maybe they should start following federal government laws, like not harboring illegal beaners and not smoking marijuana.

/thread

It can't happen soon enough.

I wouldn't doubt it

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact all the way man. It's the vote for a US popular vote to be established and it's actually doing pretty well

The weak should fear the strong.

check'd and kek'd

Also notice that California has 55 electors

>Why should their vote be worth less then others

Alright, Break it up then. Let each little section of California be able to vote for their own and give up all 55? votes in the college so ALL voices can be heard in it.

Yes I know its bait, But eh.

I'm Californian and all I will say is that the Mexicans here outbred us. How about you let California succeed?

we doin this fellow mage?

This would have the same effect, largely.
All the super populous areas would still all go blue, and given each ministate would have a proportional electoral count you'd probably end up with MORE than 55 each cycle. Kern and the central valley would be red and small, like the rest of the country.

Because a system like that encourages overcrowding which has a whole host of problems.

How would those areas that were smaller have more electoral counts? Its not like they are suddenly 'gaining' in population. You'd have to split the 55 votes between all those areas.

What would be the point of the UNITED STATES of America if only California's decisions matter?

Also, Los Angeles, Hollywood and San Francisco are huge echo chambers and full of degenerates. No way in hell anyone would let them have that power.

Would you be saying that same thing if Clinton won this election?

I'm basing it on the proposed "six states of California", I imagine any variance on that would still leave the major economic centers intact (LA, Silicon Valley, San Diego etc)

Ah, I was going with the fact that if we broke them up it'd be those 55 guys being divided amongst themselves because they still have the same population.

Californian here, California shouldn't even be allowed to vote until they start requiring IDs to vote and confirmed citizenship.
I feel like my citizenship isn't worth shit if illegals get the same rights as I do, it's fucking ridiculous.

because whats good for california isn't necessarily good for the rest of the nation.
if we had a true direct democracy then our nation would end up looking like brazil with all the wealth and power concentrated in the large population centers because they decide every election,
meanwhile the rest of the nation suffers until the people decide they are sick of it and rebel
because the lower population areas grow all the food california and new york would then start to starve, the nation would balkanize and we would be easily invaded by foreigners

why do you liberals want to destroy america so much?

The whole point of all 50 states staying in the union is because they all have a say in how the country is run.

We aren't a democracy, we are a republic.

This.

have you even tried to vote in california? dont you understand the process that goes into verifying your identity?

This. Anybody who actually lives here in LA knows how bad the illegal immigrant problem really is.
And if you're worried about one person's vote counting less than another person's, I've got bad news: fractional vote counting.

As a resident of the Central Valley, this pleases me greatly.

the coast is all blue the rest is red

I live in southern CA. Illegals and general low IQ mongrels infest LA area, kikes infest south Orange County area. Please, just please nuke us from orbit. There is no redemption here, only deserved annihilation.

Why are leftists so fucking stupid that they can't realize that republicans who stay home every 4 years in cali and other blue states would come out in full force if every vote counted? Electoral college swinging the country between the two parties is good because I would not want war mongering ass republicans to win it every tiem nor would I would a liberal shit president winning because they stuffed the ballots a million times.

i better get out of california

>I disagree completely with the notion that California shouldn't be able to decide our election
Are you fucking high? Since when did people from say, Idaho, decide a Californian election?

Because we're a republic.

I'm part of what some people call the "alt-left" and I feel gay as fuck. It feels like an actual cock in my mouth, or revenge against my absent father that dominates every decision I've ever made.

Their vote isn't worth less, everyone has one vote towards the allocation of their state's electors.

>Agrees with mob rule

Read one book about politics or at least one on human psychiatry.

Only need 2/3, not 49 other states.

youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU&t

>Only need 2/3
That's still a shitload, no state in their right ming is gonna give up it's say in the president that's going to govern the entire union.

>ming
mind*

California is a plurality not a majority retard

The election is rigged for republicans. What's new....

for the same reason that China and India arnt allowed to monopolize UN policy. Because giving a monoculture duopoly status over the discorse of the nations of the world (or US in the case of california) leads to tyranny of the majority.
It is as important in a democratic electoral system as large of the US to have input from multiple cultures as well as multiple people. Its weighted heavily in favor of population but considers both.

>The election is rigged for republicans
>55 electoral votes for dems every year and it's the most of any state
It's actually rigged for the left, and now that Trump has shaken it up and made states like WI and MI go for him, they want it gone because they can't work this thing 100% of the time.

because we are a republic

>1 post by this ID
>Obvious concern shilling

Can we please stop replying to these bait threads? Let them die, you plebbit fags are too easy.

I have a theory that people living in hotter climates are generally stupider. It happens to Californians.

Can someone explain this meme? There is no way I would have been able to vote without being registered, and presenting ID at my polling place.

>Illegals in cali can get drivers licenses
>Illegals can register to vote with said license
>Driver's license is labeled as limited and can't vote
>polling station doesn't require ID
>illegals can vote
Simple but ridiculous.

Trump was butthurt that he lost the popular vote and claimed a bunch of illegals voted in California, and his supporters ate it right up.

It's a union of States, not people.

voter ID laws are pretty recent development.
liberal states dont have them because they prevent illegals from voting.

Californian here. I literally just walked in, dropped my ballot off, and had a nice day. Nobody asked me for any ID or anything whatsoever.

lol what the fuck you talking about?

how could they register to vote if their drivers licenses are labeled that way

The Electoral College would make more sense in the American minds if states still retained more of the autonomy they used to have.

The states and localities are supposed to be the ones with the democracy while the Federal elections utilizes the EC which recognizes the states that make up our Union, our Republic. Most of the democratic spirit is supposed to be dealt with on the local and state levels, as well as the individual level