I think Italy blows every other nation out of the water

I think Italy blows every other nation out of the water.

Best set of inventors by far: The following inventions among many others can be credited to Italians: construction: paved roads, arched bridges, aqueducts; art and music: piano, harpsichord, violin, viola, cello, bass, opera; science and technology: electric battery (Volta), telephone (Meucci), radio (Marconi), microprocessor (Faggin), moveable type (Castaldi), loudspeaker (Marzi), sound on film (Rappazzo), thermometer (Santorio), barometer (Torricelli), compass (Gioja), seismograph (Cecchi), telescope (Galileo), nuclear reactor (Fermi), internal combustion engine (Matteucci, Barsanti), first petrol engine (Bernardi), steam turbine (Branca), jet engine (Campini), carburetor (DeCristoforis), hydraulic motor (Ramelli), helicopter (Forlanini), hydrofoil (Forlanini), seaplane (Calderara), motor scooter (D'Ascanio), eyeglasses (Spina, D'Armate), torpedo (Luppis), revolver (Broccu); food: espresso, capucinno, pasta (not invented in China), pizza.

They had the best set of explorers: Marco Polo, Cristoforo Colombo (Christopher Columbus), Amerigo Vespucci (America), Giovanni Caboto (John Cabot), Verrazzano

Best artists and sculptors: Leonardo DaVinci, Michaelangelo, Botticelli, Ghiberti, Bartolini, Donatello, Rafael, many others

Composers: Monteverdi, Cavalli, Vivaldi, Verdi, many others

Writers, historians, and philosophers: Ovid, Livy, Lucretius, Pliny, Plutarch, Seneca, Virgil, Cicero, Boccaccio, Petrarch, Machiavelli, Cicero, Marcus Aurelius, Dante, Thomas Aquinas, Anselm, many others

Pretty much all of the so-called 'finest' physical things in life are made by Italians: the finest paintings, finest sculpture, finest foods (maybe competing with French food), finest clothes, finest cars (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani), finest construction and building materials. No other nation comes close to matching Italians for craftsmanship.

Anyone have any serious challengers?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Americans#American_cultural_icons
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Italians aren't as appreciated as they should be when talking about historical accomplishments.

Ancient Greeks were doing exceptionally good too.Also Latins were heavily inspired by Greeks in almost every aspect. >inb4 pay denbts xDD

how can nords even compete ?

Tesla invented the radio.

Protip: they can't.

Daily reminder these are divide and conquer threads.

India made heavy contributions to math and science

India has made heavy contributions to religion, philosophy and human thought

India went through some bad periods, but comes through every time. Sixth largest economy in the world right now, future looks optimistic.

No, there aren't many challengers in the quality department.

>aqueducts
Wrong.

The Minoans did

>Anyone have any serious challengers?
Certainly not Brazil.

Thank for your teaching dad.

the only heavy contributions India has made is fecal matter on Indian streets.

Italians and Greeks basically invented the world.

America invented the internet, I believe this to be the greatest invention so far.

Look user, I love my italian ancestry but the US and Germany became a lot more important than Italy in the past 2 centuries or so.

Italy (ESPECIALLY back when it was Ancient Rome) is WAAAAAY UP THERE historically speaking, but I still think that Ancient Greece has had the most positive influence for humanity throughout all of known human history. Here are SOME (though definitely NOWHERE NEAR ALL) of the reasons why:

* Science has its origins in Ancient Greece via Thales of Miletus, who was the first person in known human history to claim natural causes for phenomena (as opposed to supernatural causes, for example because of 'gods').

* Major mathematical principles originated from Ancient Greece via Pythagoras, Diophantus of Alexandria (the father of algebra) and Euclid (the father of geometry).

* The Latin script is the most widely used script in the world today and the mother of the Latin script is the Greek script.

* History was born in Ancient Greece via Herodotus.

* Democracy comes from Ancient Greece and, back then, democracy was not the shit-tier, so-called 'representative' bullshit we have today. The Ancient Greeks practiced direct democracy because their cities usually only had a few thousand people and only adult males were considered 'citizens', so everyone important had a say.

* Western philosophy, Western literature, the field of medicine, trial by jury and equality under the law all have their origin in Ancient Greece.

* Anaximander came up with a rudimentary theory of evolution millennia before Darwin was even born.

* Greco-Roman culture was exported to literally every piece of land on Earth during the era of European colonialism.

* Hero of Alexandria was responsible for the world's first steam-powered engine almost two millennia before the Industrial Revolution.

* Many words in European languages (like English, for example) are derived from the Greek language.

>Nicola Tesla
>not guido

and Ashkenazis officially count as a subgroup of Italians

India ESPECIALLY contributed in terms of loo-technology. Also space-programm.

Now if only they could master a toilet the future would be looking very good for our designated poointheloos indeed

italians finally getting some credit and trust a greek to come in and make it about himself, lol.

In terms of modern historical achievements, Britain is number one in my opinion.
Britain has influenced humanity in many profound ways, such as the Industrial Revolution, the creation of the television, the creation of the computer, the creation of the World Wide Web, the scientific method, the creation of the telephone, Newtonian physics, free-market economics, parliamentary democracy, Cadbury chocolate, the spreading of English as a global language, the creation of the United States of America (the world's sole superpower) by rebellious British colonists, all clock-time on Earth being based on Greenwich Mean Time, the Enlightenment and the creation of many modern sports. Also:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Americans#American_cultural_icons

"* The Declaration of Independence is a creation of British Americans.

* The Constitution of the United States is a creation of British Americans.

* The American Bill of Rights is a creation of British Americans.

* The American system of government: a Constitutional Republic with a separation of executive, legislative, and judicial powers is a creation of British Americans.

* Most American Presidents, Senators, and Congressmen, Governors and Ivy League University Presidents have been British Americans."

P o o
o
o

over half of the people you listed here arent even Italian you jungle nigger

poo in loo xD

There's a Indian man
Shitting in the skyes
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd shit his pants

kek

that's what (((eurocentric))) culture and education does to you. there are too many bullshit claims in this post to fix and I don't really care enough

>Britain doesn't have an ancient history therefore other countries can't have it either

>Ashkenazis
I don't think it's official but yeah, the biggest genetic contribution to ashkenazi is italian/french.

>perfidious albion

Anglos didn't do shit but leech off continental innovations, shift money around and then start invading and conquering places.

The only great thing Anglos did was settle new lands and continents as well as colonise other places. But this got pissed away eventually anyway and Britain has no empire to speak of anymore.

But they lost all this and the US after the revolution actually repudiated much of the British imperial order and style of politics (why do you think the US Constitution barely resembles Westminster government?).

All the while Britain would busily sell out Europe for their own interests, even favouring mudslime shitskins over liberating Christian Europeans (Crimean war).

we wuz vikangz n shit nigga my grandaddy he was fukin beowulf n shit nigga he fort the grendel n shit nigga i swear we wuz vikangz n shit nigga

you forgot about us

>I think Italy blows every other nation out of the water.
>Implying France don't exist

>there are too many bullshit claims in this post to fix and I don't really care enough

That's because Turkey has no achievements, roach.

"""Britain""" (England) literally invented the modern world
we took every smart thing that people ever done, put them in one central place, learned from them, then put it all into practice and actually made something worthwhile

But I'm sure OP would have none of that because WE WUZ INVENTAZ N SHIT NIGGA

What good is inventing sewage systems if you dont have flushing toilets etc.

Daily reminder. Dagos are still basically Ancient Romans.

Oh and tbf, Brits did the industrial rev which is up there with anything else.

Please stop making these threads

From an objective point of view its hard to say that italian food is better then portuguese, both are masterful when compared to most other countries

Eurocentric or not, any version of history will tell you that Turkroaches need to be exterminated for the good of mankind.

You post this shit every 3 days

What has Italy accomplished in the last 100 years?

>Britain doesn't have an ancient history
Brazilian education lol, this is what happens when the spanish have miscarriages across the ocean and then leave them there.

damn right, also, saved

Spanish is better than Portuguese desu

>Germany

Literally who?

>Cars
>NatSoc
>Military tactics
>???

What else have your ancestors done for mankind?

Also, Austria is not Germany so don't cheat on that front.

Testarossa = red haired woman, in Italian.

Ferrari had a unique way to market their products to people.

That picture made me think about a car.

wow, never thought i'd see a panama flag here

>le spaghetti and pizza
>masterful

meanwhile French cooking is actually an "art"

Nuclear chain reactions(Enrico Fermi),
Modern Polymers(Giulio Natta),
Personal Computers(Programma 101),
Microprocessor(Federico Faggin),
String Theory(Tullio Regge, Gabriele Veneziano),
Mirror Neurons(University of Parma),
Knockout Mice(Mario Capecchi),
First submarine to reach deepest point in the ocean(Bathyscaphe Trieste),
Electronic injection systems(Alfa Romeo 6C 2500)
Arduino(Interaction Design Institute Ivrea),
Serotonin(Vittorio Erspamer),
X-ray astronomy(Riccardo Giacconi),
Google algorithm(Massimo Marchiori),
etc.

Nice monkey thread you got here

t. Italian diaspora

Nah man, you're okay. kek

Italy had its Renaissance, but that's where it ended. The best music was written in the late 18th century and was mostly a Germanic affair (Verdi deserves recognition, of course). Early modern and modern philosophy (from the 1600s to 1900) was dominated by the English and Germans, and French to a lesser degree. Italy doesn't even register. And while Italy deserves praise for its contribution to art, by the 1600s, it was overtaken by the Dutch and French.

All told, it's hard to take the claim that Italy was GOAT seriously. They had a couple of high points in history, but haven't been relevant for centuries.

French cooking is literally dead.

Chef of the Century Paul Bocuse sent his son Jerome to study at the Culinary Institute of America in New York.

He admitted America's culinary acumen has far surpassed French tradition and fervently supports the expansion of the gastronomic arts in countries outside of France.

Le Cordon Bleu is bankrupt and closing 100% of its schools due to foreign matriculation to the Culinary Institute of America. They even have a student run restaurant on their campus named after Bocuse.

Pic related.

Go back to your mushy peas and curry, faggot.

>pick one random point
>google it
>
>Bathyscaphe Trieste
>Vessel
>Trieste is a Swiss-designed,

stopped reading

if i can literally pick one thing at random and you be completely wrong, your entire thread is now invalid

Italians are niggers.

Why do you hate us?

Visit the 2 countries, and you'll see. This is common sense in Iberia, portuguese food is the best. Only butthurt spaniards will deny this.

Literally the bottom of the barrel in italy. Poor bait.

>le omelette
>masterful

Pizza is the equivalent of fast food, not even an Italian would would list it as high class cuisine.

Meanwhile there are countless unique Italian dishes which are considered art, but what a Brit would know about that? Your country "cousine" (and mine too, ofc) is completely irrelevant and borderline disgusting.

Oddly enough I JUST made a batch of Lamingtons last night. Ready for Christmas.

:^)

>allowing this to be your pinacle of cooking

ahaha dumbcunts, just cause some over priced school is shutting down, doesnt mean France is dead.

The modern world is shit, and it's Britain's fault. Whites are disappearing because of British faggotry.
>Implying Britain doesn't deserve a nuclear holocaust.
Step it up, Mexicans. Take over USA and seize it's nuclear arsenal. After that send some big fat nukes to that shitty island. The world sends it's regards.

Your Queens personal Chefs matriculated there as well, to fine tune their skills. They're both also certified Master Chefs through the ACF. Face it, America and China are the hosts to the finest food culture on the planet.

>mfw 70% of all luxury wines from Europe are purchased and consumed by the Chinese.

Been trying to get a case of Veuve Cliquot demi-sec from 2007 for years now...fucking chinks man.

>marmite
>not the pinnacle of culinary excellence

but srsly
>spaghetti
>pizza
>more types of spaghetti
what else does Italy do

If you dont like the modern world, you've always got to option to leave it, faggot.
You can hardly complain about white disappearing, the last time whites were anywhere near your monkey infested shithole was the 1500s

wew thats pretty racist, muhammad

Britain transformed islands full of literal cannibals into the nation with the highest standard of living in the world. Your country on the other hand is a favela ridden shithole.

They are jealous because they're number 2 in the greatest country of all times list.

Finally watched The American (featuring George Clooney) last week

>tfw no sexy Italian prostitute gf who falls in love with you

Why even live?

reminder Berlusconi himself called Balotelli a "tan Italian"

>America and China
>China

wew man, China, really?
You may not like European cousine, but China?

Are you a chink yourself?

>

berlusconi is a liar and a trickster
He hates niggers and communists

If anything, WE should nuke YOU, faggot.

no, macaroni did that with the help of charlie brown.

>what else does Italy do

From my limited personal experience while traveling Italy:

Huge variety of delicious cheese.
Cured meat to die for (I cannot eat our "ham" anymore, the difference in quality is gargantuan)
Excellent bread
Gelato and other desserts
Exquisite wine
Literally hundreds different pasta combinations.

The Roman period and the renaissance were pretty good. Great countryside, nice easy-going lifestyle.
However - and I know you're going to scoff - your food's over-rated, at least your everyday stuff. Fuck pasta. British food is better. Oh, I know our restaurants were shit, but we simply didn't have a culture of eating out. We cooked and ate at home. Simple food cooked well. Everyone knows the Full English breakfast is food of the champions, but a proper roast beef with all the trimmings is food of the gods. Washed down with a proper strong ale. You can keep your stodgy pasta.

So basically he is one of the good guys.

Polenta and risotto

>Colombo
>Italian
lmao

>catch terrorist by chance after letting him into Europe and out of jail in the first place
>suddenly think they're relevant

Too bad they flushed all that potential down the shitter with all that arab and turk racemixing

>muh Ramanujan

>cheese
french do it better

>cured meat
sure, sure, they have that

>bread
Germans got Italy stumped

>gelato
>ice cream

>wine
literally everyone in the world makes wine now

>pasta combinations
le spaghetti

italy are nearly jews

>Sweden
>Calling other nations gay
Wew lad

Don't forget about all the ancient buildings still preserved and the hot chicks. They also took everybody in Europe out of the Middle Ages with the Renaissance.

>Portuguese education.

You also don't like the modern world, considering you whine about pakis and niggers flooding your country and political correctness. You dug your own grave, and now you'll lie on it.

ABSOLUTAMENTE ASQUEROSO

Thank you you bring dear do my eye.
Ebin :DDDDD

Faggots are everywhere, especially in Sweden.

they are african

That study is heavily biased in favor of Brits and against Italians because it only used British encyclopedias as source of data. Just one example: It counts Colt as the inventor of the revolver but doesn't even mention Francesco Broccu the real inventor of the revolver.

Marconi invented the Telephone

your list just proves, all that gay sex is good for creativity

>tfw you will never taint the womb of a cute, intelligent italian girl with your snownigger seed
there is no point in living

>radio (Marconi)

Suuure