GOD IS A MEME

ALL RELIGIONS ARE SIMPLE-MINDED ESCAPES FROM REALITY.

You are a biological creature who evolved over millions of years to the being you are today. Furthermore, in another million years, your species will be different from what it is now. When you look in the mirror, what you're looking at is merely an individual organism in one state of evolution. The fallacy that we are the apex of evolution is just silly.

>religion is simple minded escapism
>makes video game reference in post
really pops my corn

Never played such a game. I've said this for years. Perhaps the video game referenced me.

The concept of god is for the weak-willed and frightened. Only atheists know the truth. The rest of you are simply too dim to accept reality. Piety is a waste of life.

Bump.

It is a survival mechanism against depression.

Where are all the religious zealots with their comical made-up strawman definitions of {{{atheism}}} ?

if spirtuality wasn't important, we would never have evolved to develop a capacity for it

checkmate atheists

spirituality=/=religion
checkmate mate.

There are a lot of those. It's funny that the most effective one is also the most ridiculous one.

On the contrary, fear of the unknown is what drives spirituality. The fear of not existing anymore is so great that people will delude themselves in almost any way to avoid the thought of it.

Really makes you think.

As long as you survive for long enough to reproduce man, that's all that matters.

>God memed us into existence over millions of years.
Jesus is the Ultimate Shitposter

I'm not sure you have very good comprehension; nothing exists when we die but what was there before us and what comes after us. We are no more, though. Perhaps understanding what you're replying to would be a good idea, or maybe you're introducing something so abstract that I'm just not grasping it.

yes yes goyim, there is nothing other worldly our simple minds can't comprehend yet. please buy our atheist books and fedora hats.

It is. People place so much importance on the "afterlife" that they miss actual life itself in a haze of religious obedience..

>Trying to make atheism a jewish ploy so it gets degraded
damn, can you guys get any more desperate?

isn't there a containment board for you spergs
aka
>>>/reddit/

I have no motivation other than opening the eyes of the ignorant.

Wrong. Really bad attempt tho

The LORD is my Shepard, I shall not want. He lays me beside cool waters. He lifts me into the shadow of his wing, His voice leads me into good pastures.

Based Jesus.

It's funny because for them it is like, "life only starts after death" sorta meme and if we try to give them different information, they'll just sperg out and consider us enemies, which is funny.

and if there was no reason to fear, we would not fear

honestly we can go around and around like this all night or we could just skip to the part where I'm right, it's your call

You don't like opinions that differ from yours? I've never been on reddit. I want to argue with you assholes instead.

>if spirtuality wasn't important, we would never have evolved to develop a capacity for it

"Spirituallity" is a misconception. It's based on a false explanation from our ignorance.

Most primates don't need explanations for why thing happen or what they are. The ability of superior reasoning came with the enlargement of our temporal and frontal lobes.

Ancient men would see one of their members had died. They understood there was a difference between living Thag and dead Thag, and ascribed that difference as a "spirit".

Then they began to imagine that other animals possessed this same kind of spirit (early animism). So we know where 'spritituality' comes from, but modern theists created a reduction ad absurdum fallacy with their invention of wrathful and violent overlord gods and master deities. This was obviously to enslave the minds of ignorant men and it's still in use today.

>promote jewish propaganda
>I have no motivation other than opening the eyes of the ignorant

People think Jesus died for their sins, but he died before they were born. Christshits are stupid, can't even get into simple math.

everything from social media, mainstream media, academia, and left-wing politics promotes atheism now. I wonder who's in controls all these outlets goyim.

Your post is neither insightful nor enlightening. You simply said "Nu-Uh" and them rambled off silly poetry that betrays your belief in silliness.

Reminder.

in today's age it's quite normie and cool to call yourself atheist.

I'm not even religious. Shoving your religion/opinion/anything or lack of such down other's throats is pretty bothersome though.

>social media promotes atheism
I want source for this
>academia
If we are talking about teaching kids how to make questions, still not promoting atheism.

I don't get it at all. Religious people seem to believe that by applying silly rules to life, they are getting the most of it. When they die, they think they become superheroes and go to live in a fantasy land of pure good. In reality, they limit the amount of enjoyment they get out of life and will be just as permanently dead as me when they die.

Jews don't preach atheism. I do not preach judaism. I only seek and speak truth and reason. Go ahead and try another one, shithead.

Religion is about spirituality and god is not what you brainwashed person think it is.
Spirituality is real, but following any 'belief' that you didn't experience yourself is plainly brainwashing. I'm not part of any religion because everybody's just trying to force their belief on you, but i've 'experienced' spirituality and science proofs that there are things we can't see, but yet we can feel them.

>we are the apex of evolution
We do seem to be the apex of evolution for death. Sure, many creatures are much more efficient killers on the small scale, but we literally kill everything. There is nothing on this planet we can't kill.

>"If there is a hell(There isnt) im going there anyway, in the meantime I can spam anti-religion threads for (You)'s"
>Playing right into jews hands, push their agenda
>"J-Jews like Christianity!"

Just read the bible, pick up a king james reference bible and read it, once.

You dont have to believe, but you shouldn't actively push young impressionable people away from god.

>I only do it because it triggers people
Really ponder why you actively go out of your way to upset a people who've done you no wrong, who hates degeneracy of any kind.

>I have no motivation other than opening the eyes of the ignorant.

Calling yourself an atheist and not understanding it, is as sad as being as calling yourself religious and not following anything; it's just a superficial cover.
and, I do think that the discipline that religions use are very useful to guide you through life, it's a shame that it is used in an almost authoritarian way most of the time.

These class of atheist hurt my head, it's like this 3rd wave feminism.
I hope they just grow up.

Additionally: make yourself free of everything you've learned to escape the indoctrination of our society and try to see things from different perspectives and hopefully you'll see that there are a lot of different systems that are trying to brainwash human beings, but the 'simple minded' just fall for them without asking questions

>Really ponder why you actively go out of your way to upset a people who've done you no wrong, who hates degeneracy of any kind.

It's a fun way for them to distract themselves from acknowledging they don't exactly have answers, either.

>Jews don't preach atheism for propaganda

yes goy,you got that right

NOBODY

Atheism isn't an organized assault on fairy tales; it's the rejection of them - ALL of them. There is no high priest of atheism because it's not a religion - it's simply reason and logic. God is a fairy tale. I only wish I could make people realize it BEFORE they waste their lives on religion. When we all die, I will go to permanent death peacefully because it's inevitable, not because I'm going to a better place. Religion gives people the false hope of something better. That factor is why suicide bombers exist, and why the crusades happened. Religion is dangerous.

Under this pretense, there is no point to morality. As we are just mere physical constructs destined to die with no resolution or justification. Ergo, it's justifiable and understandable to commit murder, pedophilia, rape, incest etc. Who gives a fuck when your concept of life is as meaningless as it is.

The dude you posted was into mysticism.

I'm neither normal or cool, nor do I do this for attention. I don't believe in god, because it's just too silly for words.

>like we give a shit about jews
>or christians
>or mussies
I see you don't use your head that much don't you goy scum.

>and why the crusades happened
Way to discredit yourself.

Here you won golden star kike

Then don't read it, asshole. I'm not the one that clicked on this bread expecting something other than what it is. This isn't a discussion board for like-minded people. Seems to me like you'd be better off somewhere else.

>implying escaping reality is a bad thing.

Spirituality is a function of the brain to stave off fear of the unknown entity of death, nothing more. Things you can feel without seeing, like the wind, do exist, but not in some magical realm.

If you don't praise zeus, then you're doing it wrong.

>I'm neither normal or cool, nor do I do this for attention. I don't believe in god, because it's just too silly for words.
Lean a little closer to your screen; Ima get a shave with all this edge.

Intellectual posturing is not an argument. I am secure with my own intelligence and my beliefs.

Albert Einstein believed in a God.

Sir Isaac Newton was a hardcore Christian.

Are you accusing them of being intellectually inferior?

Don't forget that pol is an atheist board.

>Sir Isaac Newton was a hardcore Christian.
He was also a hardcore alchemist, but I doubt you're in your attic trying to create the philosopher's stone.

I've read it cover to cover. Every fucking 'begat" and silly rule and parable and prediction. I've rad it. I come from knowledge, not ignorance. Young impressionable people need to stop being deluded by religion. I'm not the enemy of knowledge and reason. Religion is. Religion is the degeneracy. Religion hurts us all as any untruth would.

Heresy.

Cool meme, faglord. Too bad it's just that. If you weren't unsure about your own silly beliefs, you wouldn't have even opened this thread.

>This isn't a discussion board for like-minded people.
Looks like there's no escape Anons; he's backed us into an intellectual corner.

It's because we've been told what god is, but it's meant to be the name for something unexplainable that can be experienced through spirituality and that's the base for every religion.
Religion's are the paths that lead to the spirituality, science is the way to explain these experiences, because they can't be seen. You are right, religions should be rejected if your experiences don't fit into them, but you are the simple minded person for trying to discredit everyone who doesn't fit into what you've been told to believe

>Don't forget that pol is an atheist board.
newfags are who came from reddit and stormfront.

The oldfags like me who are here from 2009 we ain't.

BTFO KIKE

You are wrong but opposed to most I can actually explain it to you as to why in a way even you will accept:

See deity beleif is either simply an artifact of our sapience and the way our brains deal with a chaotic world or God's intrinsic interaction with the chemical makeup of our minds and, get this, it is actually irrelevant which of the two is true.

Agnostic Atheist here who hates other atheists and views Christianity as superior.
I love God; the fact of whether he exists or not is irrelevant to me.America and by extension all of Western culture is the result of 3 ingredients. The greatness of America essentially boils down to 3 things and it doesn't matter if you're an atheist or not, I'm strictly talking of formula; ingredients in a pot. Those 3 are thus:
Judeo-Christian Morality
Greco-Roman Philosophy ~and
Anglo-Saxon Law
I find that the humility to admit that I do indeed lack (because it is a lack) the faith is a personal flaw within my own heart. Even IF God definitely doesn't exist this is true. It is healthy for a society to have this ever present intrinsic judge in ones mind. I always felt something... off about popular atheism and it was only after I got into politics, and later Bill Whittle, that I discovered why. Christianity, at the end of the day, gets shit done. And has historically.This "holds people back" line every hipster leftist likes to regurgitate is pure untruth.
Frankly, I'm at a point where I think I could defeat Richard Dawkins in a debate. (famous last words) I detect in the man an earnestness if, admittedly, also an arrogance that is so endemic in us atheists. As a millennial I certainly possessed it.
Despite what people like him may wish were true; atheism does not tend toward morality but -nihilism-. And when you really think about it, why wouldn't it?

a meme is more real than you'll ever be

Who doesn't understand atheism? Apparently it's you.

i thought they preached it because they want to be alone in heaven without the gentile. They want to be alone in the middle east too.

You just said
> I don't share the viewpoint of posters who say things like this. It bothers me that there are more than one of them. Clearly, since I know the truth, the only hope is that they gain even more knowledge to arrive at my conclusion. I'm happy that I am incapable of processing new information, so I won't.

You're literally cancer.

Morality and religion are not inseparable. This is a common argument. It is assumed on the part of the religious person that if there isn't an ethereal being telling us to do something, we won't do it.
>Why eat? There's no god to eat for. Why should we eat? Without god, thee's no reason for sustenance. Since there's no magical reason to continue existence, why do it?

for the same reason the birds and badgers and oxen do it - it's how our species persists. There's nothing magical about life unless you look at it through the eyes of a romantic - or the religious.

In what manner? Explain. I'm trilled to learn the magic facts you know about the crusades that have nothing to do with the sky fairy.

We cannot explain everything scientifically, but almost every scientist believes in spirituality and includes it when they think of a new thesis. Unfortunately i'm not able to explain everything but research will help you to get my point of view, but then again you could be right and maybe we've all gotten a similar mechanism of escapism in our brain that luckily helped us to evolve physically

It's cute that you attempt to reduce this to a meme. Religious people always try to reduce the importance of any logical and differing perspectives to the insignificant rantings of someone on society's fringe. Hundreds of years ago, everyone thought the earth was flat, too.

>I'm trilled to learn the magic facts you know about the crusades that have nothing to do with the sky fairy.
The one in Spain and soutehrn France was defensive, looking at the muslim invasion. The others could be very well be explained by wanting to spread political power.

Of all the things to get butthurt about, the crusades are on the bottom of the list (unless you're a heathen and object to them spreading Christianity to the north, but I doubt that's the case with you).

>Mfw your ancestors sacrificed everything they had for their beliefs and culture to just produce you.

Nope, but they were victims of the societal views of the world in which they lived in. I can't help it if superstition bleeds into some of the greatest minds on earth, but I also haven't raised them up to a level of being infallible. Your fault is that you always need an authority above logic and reason. You're a peasant that doesn't know how to live without a king in power.

For fun, I'll simplify it one more step for you.

We're all nothing more than self sustaining chemical reactions. Consuming the components required to sustain the reaction.

>*Tips fedora*

This.

If you don't understand why spiritually does not belong to religion, you're a dumb cunt and probably a Christian

I will pray for your lost souls.

Correct me if I'm wrong -
You: go away
Me: fuck off. this is my bread.
You: (feigning exasperation) I don't know how to get out of this, so I'll just pretend to be bested with the assumption that I secretly have some powerful knowledge that makes me still superior, despite my inability to formulate a rational response.

if people can't figure that shit out on their own with all the different religions in the world than they're forever lost.

It's not like people are beginning to see how clearly fucking stupid and delusional religion is or anything, and how dim / dumb religious people easily are. Yup. Everyone is just a fedora memer.

God isn't real but God is literally a meme. Look up the definition of meme

I've been told to believe that I should be a good catholic. I wasn't raised godless; I evolved into a higher state of consciousness through logic and reason. Nothing you said holds water. You simply don't understand the chemistry of the brain. What you think is the love of god is the brain's compensation for things it can't explain. You feel it because you think you should, not because it's an outside force.

Dude, I don't even know where to start with you. I have other people to talk to. If I have time, I'll come back and address this.

materialism is wrong.

Scientists certainly acknowledge spirituality as a thought process of the human brain, but you're implying that scientists "believe" in an ethereal state of mind relating to the non-existent magical realm. I think you'll find that scientists overwhelmingly do not believe in god.

I object the notion of spreading any religion. Defense against a religious-based assault is still a religious-based conflict. Even the motivations based on greed were implemented through the use of religion. Religion is inseparable from any part of the crusades.

Not necessary; no one's listening to your prayers.

Agreed, but materialism and religion aren't even related, except that religion often embraces non-materialism as a tenet.

I-I will pray for your souls

> Defense against a religious-based assault is still a religious-based conflict.
But it's not JUST that, looking at how it wasn't just Christians fighting the muslims at the time but also heathens from the Rhineland in the Battle of Tours for example. The fact that religion wasn't the common denominator between the defenders but the fact that there was a foreign invasion going on kinda prove you wrong.

Not everything's as black and white as you want to make it out to be.

I believe that all pantheons and god are/were real.

Ok.

Whether you think your belief in god comes from evolutionary influence within our brains to attempt to assign a value to the question of origin since we gained self-awareness or if it actually is the sky fairy messing with your brain chemistry is completely relevant. One is logical. The other is nonsense.

I can't go through and address every point you make. The fact that this god character is still a big part of your thought process negates any sense you attempted to make. You also assume that religion is at least the lesser of the evils when considering the alternative - but you have no idea what the alternative would be. If we hadn't started with fairy tales, we'd have eventually developed morality and a civil code anyway. The only thing god adds is an intangible authority, which is only required when the rules don't make sense.

Actually, even if they were fighting godless savages, the viewpoint on he side of the crusaders was still that this god fellow was on their side, and that they were on a holy quest to bring god to the unwashed masses. Still religion.

NO PART OF THE CRUSADES IS SEPARABLE FROM RELIGION.

Unnecessary. Futile waste of your time. Build something instead, like a birdhouse or a squirrel feeder so that critters with mental power equal to yours will hang out with you.