Why didn't Spain contribute as much to science and technology as every other Western European country did?

Why didn't Spain contribute as much to science and technology as every other Western European country did?

(sans Portugal. It should be part of Spain anyway)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_inventions_and_discoveries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_demography#Demographic_tables
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry, and why does some vine-swinging indio rat think he has some say about Portugal?

It was busy discovering your shithole.

Man, we gave your country literally everything.

Wrong, hermano. Spain should be part of Portugal. With Lisbon nuked and Porto as Capital

why should Portugal be part of Spain?

Breeding with the natives instead of slaughtering them

conquistadors done fucked up

Too busy spending all its treaure that it had obtained ftom the New World fighting the Protestant's.

>Being a STEM nerd
Stop it.

Because their african ancestry, they're literally not white, therefore not european.

>It should be part of Spain
lulz

Definitely, a bunch of ungrateful cunts.

Too comfy place to live. It gives a great motivation to invent when nature does all it can to kill you.

They didn't invest in industry in the same way as northern european nations did and squandered the gold and silver they got from the new world instead.

Instead of investing in local shipbuilding they spent a good bit of their gold on buying foreign ships and cathedrals are beautiful but not necessarily a great investment.

Spain aren't the real Spanish

A simple google search would prove your assertion wrong, arguing with you or answering this laughable question based on ignorance and anal pain would be pointless.
The other affirmation about Portugal being part of Spain is as retarded as the first one, but what else can be expected from an unevolved nigger monkey? It's surprising enough that you have the intellect to breath and not shit yourself at the same time.

Spain is fine in my book.

>talking shit about the only western european country to have ever excised the islamic cancer
>brought civilization to a continent and a half
>politically besieged by france, england and poortugal since the age of exploration's height.
>fought against communists with only minimal help from other axis powers during the early 20th century, blockaded by burgers for a good chunk of the later second because "muh evil franco"

Spain is a sleeping monster. Give it time for history to repeat itself, maybe when the wave of nationalism truly hits it we'll see something special.

>politically besieged by poortugal
>WE'RE the bad guys

>poortugal since the age of exploration's height.
Not really. In fact, it was the other way around, but why let facts get in the way when you're stroking your own ego?

>The dark hair red nose drunkard "aryan" from the "lands of Merlin" itself

The Spanish died out in the 700s

The current population is half Berber-Arab

Shut up, I'm in my siesta time.

Science is ok, but defening the filioque, the incarnation of the verb, the immaculate conception, the Holy See, the True Faith, developing theology and western mysticism was more important.

The name of the country is Iberia.

>let's ignore the Romans & Germans invading though

literally who

Some lad invented the submarine and another one some kind of helicopter. I think somebody did some progress in biology in the XX century too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_inventions_and_discoveries
Kek according to this we invented the army.

Because they had a King and so investors wouldn't invest in their Joint Stock companies because the risk of a king just ignoring them and not paying up was a real threat.

Dutch and British flourished because they had Parliaments and democracies that was safe for investors. With this new wealth they needed inventins amd such to compete with other nations for nations and as a result,oved on while Spain declined into shit amd Wops.

Why not?

>oldest city in Portugal
>one of the oldest in Europe
>continuously inhabited since 1200 BC
>one of the most important trading cities in history
>legend says it was founded by Ulysses

is it jealousy I smell

juan de mariana (spaniard, cristian and proto-libertarian) was the reference to make eeuu constitution, not even joking

because we had our golden age before the scientific revolution
>tfw too busy exploring the world

ITT: Master baiter triggers the portuguese

Hot countries aren't very sucessful 2bh. Must be cortisol ruining the cognition.

What is the spacesuit?

Yeah except you morons breaded with the Natives in the Americas and now theres hundreds of millions of natives across the Americas. Good job degenerate.

>breaded

You heard me. You degenerates breaded the natives.

Well I speak for my country when I say that we have people all around the world leading/working in major sectors.

>(sans Portugal. It should be part of Spain anyway)
No

Do people in Sup Forums like portugal or nah? im confused

We like the monarchy. Not the shitty green and red republic.

Again this meme, we invented arcabuz, submarine peral, autogyro, capstan, divingsuit, the galeón, first spacial suit, and in medicine we got Ramon y Cajal, Severo Ochoa, Miguel Servet. What Honduras have? Indios tiraflechas. You dont even have the fucking wheel when the spaniards came with fire weapons.
Pic relatedwas enough to conquer you, a spanish invention.

Let's see:
Historically we have always had less population than the big countries UK, Germany, Fance and Italy, so we were behind in total contributions by numbers alone
Then, we were religious nuts most of our history because our Golden Age started thanks to Christianity. So the church had too much power and they hate scientific progress. Our society neglected the Scientific Revolution.
This caused the third factor: We did not industrialize. The Scientific Revolution was a necessary step for the Industrial Revolution. If you miss that one, you get left behind.

You guys also fought like 7 huge wars that basically ruined your country.

And the bluepilled spaniard comes to the thread. Church hates science, as the jews said in the movies.

This is a way more important factor than the church meme.

You're literally a mix of niggers and indios

we don't say nothing of ur jew blood and u don't say nothing of our indian ok Tyrone Bergestein?

I think he was talking about Colombians, not Spaniards, Manolo...

yo soy de sevilla

I'm Colombian wtf! not working seeing relatives here leaving Madre Patria in 2 weeks

>Historically we have always had less population than the big countries UK, Germany, Fance and Italy, so we were behind in total contributions by numbers alone
France and Germany were always very populous, but the UK was not.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_demography#Demographic_tables

this desu

How the fuck did England almost win the hundred years war? Never realized just how outnumbered we were. Henry V was a genius.

how did the church in Iberia help science?

Wut? Wasn't Franco "a friend of the United States" and that was when he died en 1975

They do have good business schools for MBAs
Any user can tell me more about these?

They did plenty of both, but they didnt bring many Spanish women to avoid getting cucked.

Once the cold war got harsh the US opened up to Franco because, despite being a far right dictator, his main trait if he ever had any was his fierce anti-communism.

But it took the americans a while after WW2 to forget about Hitler and stop embargoing Spain.

>They do have good business schools for MBAs
>Any user can tell me more about these?

The best friend.

In Barcelona we have Esade and IESE.

Que quieres mas?

Are they good investments for a carreer in Europe? Think high level management jobs at Google for instance.
I'm still trying to figure out if MBAs are a meme though

Many of my aquaintances around my age attend business schools. They're expensive and most studients have a stick up their ass and believe they're going to be the next Trump or aim to be government employees. There is a moderate amount of work to be had in this field and you'll probably get a job or workplace reccomendations through the school and that is saying a lot in Spain.

woah, people have internet in Honduras?
my brother went there for a missionary trip and told me how fucking bad it was
and those were the good parts

IESE is very strong at getting jobs in consultancy.

ESADE is more geared towards industry roles.

Google hires at both for sure,but most people end up wanting to stay in the Barcelona area.

My GF is in IESE at the moment, and is very impressed. It's modeled on HBS, and is two years vs. ESADE's one.

I'd definitely say both are in top 10 in Europe.

>high level management jobs at Google
I fucking knew it, you business studients are all the same. I'm not saying it's bad tho. Just keep your goals high but keep your feet on the ground too.
I'm from Barcelona too. You will find the best business schools here.

>Just keep your goals high but keep your feet on the ground too.

Que no s'aconsegueix en l'Opus Dei amb aquesta actitud.

>▶
it did more than your shithole nigger.

Because racially you are Spanish, your base.

No se que vols dir amb aixó, my fellow catalonian.

>catal*an
Delete.
Now.
Catalonia doesn't exist and will never exist.

Just teasing. If it makes you feel any better, business graduates don't really get to work at google anymore. It's a coding company, and everyone is just visiting.

Sup Forums does not allow seperatist flags.
My stomach churns everytime I see the Bandera Gran y Libre beside my posts.

Why is that?

Catal*an is same as K*rt, will never exist.
How about spaniards exterminate "C*talonia* from existance and all history books?
(it never existed).

You fucking what?

Spain is the one who should be a part of us, we were an empire (were) we are, were and will be more important than spawn in any way shape or form.

Think Mr.Poole was a lazy fucking programmer.

No, I was asking why does your stomach churn each time...

>How about spaniards exterminate "C*talonia* from existance and all history books?

Oh yeah? Who'dya think will pay for everything then?

meanwhile no one is talking about how brazil should be exterminated from the face of this earth

>"C
Spaniards in east spain.

Why would we remove an essential part of our country? That would make even less sense than the british exterminating the scots, or the americans exterminating former confederate states.

>asking why does your stomach churn each time...

Because I'm overly dramatic. But we would always chose the Catalan flag, think of it more like a Barca supporter having to have a Real flag constantly with every post.

To be honest, I'd be satisfied with a Federal Spain, with further regional autonomy. Unlike some Catalans who ham it up, my family did fight Franco, and were exiles, so there is a bit of score settling pettiness to it as
well.

I have no hatred for the Southerners, just i have none in my family, and never go there, so it's hard to relate.

But when it comes down to it, I think the whole place is corrupt and inept, we've tried Spain, maybe we'd be all better trying something new. It can't get any worse.

>Why would we remove an essential part of our country?
Exterminating it's identity not the people which are just brainwashed spaniards.

Oh, my poor sweet gringo.

>Spaniards in east spain.

Where do you think Catalunya is?

will be east spain now, no "catalan" identity.
By God Catalonia has never existed and will never exist.

Portugal is older and more united than Spain. Half of spain doesnt seem to want to say in spain. If anything spain should be portugal.

Does Kek will it?

Portugal is a state of spain.

I assure you my fellow countryman, it can get worse; much worse.

>Exter

Your trolling is peasant-tier.

That is a lie, my friend. I'd advise you to keep your mouth shut unless you know what you're talking about. By the way, Spaniards share their haplogroup with the vast majority of the UK and France.

Meh, i can take you shitposters all day, nuestros ermanos know they should respect us.

forgot img

Low population density
Good weather
Siesta

yes.

Brittain a group of islands. Islands are always hard to invade. And its cold

Sure. But I think we are living it a completely artificial situation now with the Euro.

If the Spanish State didn't have access to near endless loans at such low interest rates we couldn't keep the lights on.

We'll never progress to something better at this rate. Something has to be done to insert a new dynamism.

But with our disgusting demographics, I'm not sure anything "new" either right or left will happen. It's in the pensioners interests to maintain the status quo permanently.