Cannabyss

this is the deceptive nature of cannabyss; it lures you in and the thc accumulates in your brain cells as well as elsewhere in the body subtly but surely over time with repeated use in particular chronic daily smoking. the body isn't given anywhere near enough time to detox it out so it all builds up, altering the very functioning of your mind at all times, not just when you're high.

people spend years, even decades, lost in the cannabyss without truly realizing it. once they become somewhat aware of it or have other reason to quit, they find the returning clarity of thc-free life frightening - not because weed is jesus - but because they were so used to living lost in a permafried brainfog hazy daze that a lucid mind microscopically focusing in on everything they neglected while lost in the high is disturbing. the return to smoking is comforting, not because being thc-free is an impossible lifestyle, but to become ignorantly and comfortably numb.

and i know exactly what op means about being able to read and comprehend intelligent materials quite quickly after detoxing from thc and then - after smoking again, perhaps thinking that being high will enhance the experience - finding it almost impossible to get through a few pages without completely losing track.

and yet, at other times, it can enable greater connectivity, or in other areas of life; i think it's good for musicians to accumulate thc but if you want to live life with more executive command and higher cognitive functioning then the hedonistic black hole of the cannabyss might be dangerous.

Other urls found in this thread:

drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-body
youtube.com/watch?v=EF4Ll15ENgA
med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2014/06/blocking-brain_s-internal-marijuana-may-trigger-early-alzheimers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the real problem as i see it is chronic smoking or any other ingesting of it; that leads to total saturation and it hijacks your being. once in a while usage, giving the body time to totally detox it all out inbetween, is much better, however despite the "it's not addictive" shills everyone knows that it's easy peasy to increase one's usage rapidly, particularly in times of stress or whatever else - all kinds of excuses emerge and the bowl or bong becomes like any other escapist drug.

if you don't smoke regularly, you get the benefits of 1) head and body clear of thc throughout most of your lifetime 2) fairly quick detoxing of thc when you do smoke once in a while, return to normal clear lucid mind 3) occasional insights or enhanced enjoyments on special once in a while occasions 4) better health from not smoking every day... and so on.

when you smoke chronically you quickly disappear into the abyss and get semi-permafried brainfogitis and it can take months to recover from depending on many factors.

Weedfags btfo for all time.
Kek wills it

Pretty much, I quit my heavy use of marijuana on September 8th and life has sucked after stopping but I use martial arts as an outlet now.

All my weed money goes to martial arts and gym equipment, feels better this way. I was never interesting or original or healthy when I was using marijuana heavily, but now I'm just picking up the pieces and putting myself back together again.

It was a 7 year nonstop binge of heavy marijuana use and one day I just quit out of the blue and the martial arts definitely helps with it.

I feel your feel, Ameribro. Five years and still trying to quit, I feel like I've definitely passed my height of usage but it's very easy to slip backwards.

The most harmful thing about weed is that on the surface, it's harmless

i only smoke on some of my friends birthdays. its much better because the high is strong and pleasant yet I got a clear mind most of the time. same thing with alcohol.

Pretty much on point OP. My roomate smokes multiple bongs a day, and he is literally retarded sometimes. Makes a coffee and forgets to drink it. Always fucking up food orders so I have to do it. Shit like that.

That being said, I still enjoy recreational use about once or twice a week. I find it very relaxing, and a great way to clear my mind.

As with most things, moderation is key.

WEEDFAGS BTFO
KEK HATES YOU YOU DEGENERATES

>Quads
I'm sorry kek, I'll detox and get my shit together.
Just don't Carrie Fisher me!

longtime smoker here
100% agree with op
great wordplay will probably steal to help my friends lay off of it for a while and do sth productive

Just stop smoking regularly. THC is easily stored in your fat and can be released into your blood stream over time, which causes non-negligible effects on your brain.

Smoke weed every few weeks if you must, but if you don't like the quality of life you have while smoking it, yet you still feel compelled to smoke, you just miiiiiiiight be addicted.

Seriously, try to quit for good and get used to living a more regimented, healthy lifestyle. People who suffer from depression and anxiety, statistically, benefit the most from 2 things: religion and exercise. If you're a naturally spiritual person, getting back in touch with your religion can help immensely. Personally, I'm less inclined to believe in supernatural hooplah but whatever gets you out of your negative headspace should be guarded closely.

Exercise will balance out your neurotransmitters and regulate your metabolism. It has a DIRECT impact on your mental wellbeing.

TRUTH

*tips fedora*

If you didn't do anything for 7 years with weed as your excuse, then you are still going to do nothing, only you will find a different excuse. Try doing something with a heroin addiction, and compare that to weed/coffee/nicotine. Don't be a determinist, you have free will, you can still work even though you got high a night before. It sucks for sleep though, if I had to be very productive and work 16+ hour days (how to make big bucks, work hard) I couldn't smoke. I need less sleep, but when I smoke weed I sleep later. It's fairly situational.

Okay, let me take your brain and we can limit all other functions, and your function will be to locate coffee cups and order food. You can do nothing else though, it's a very prestigious position to be in. You can be sure that you are not retarded because YOU never forget to drink your coffee and YOU always order food correctly. YOU are capable because of this.

this thread can be applied to alcohol too; I know because I separately tried heavy use of weed, pills, and alcohol at different points in my life, and they each put me in the same fog and detachment.

>stop smoking regularly

Easier said than done, friend, as I'm sure you can appreciate. It's still not an excuse. The only person responsible for the control and happiness of my life is me, and when evidence is full staring me in the face that I ought to stop smoking (yet continue to anyway) it depresses me even further. A vicious cycle.

I've been on holiday (Australian here, although coincidentally Swissborn) for about 15 days now, and haven't smoked in about two weeks. Feels good. Every time I dont smoke it feels good. I've been aware I'm addicted for probably nearly two years now.

Religion, eh, I'm too damn cynical / realistic. Just can't believe in fairy tales anymore. Excercise seems to be the way to go.

Thanks for your advice and kind words. Merry Christmas :)

>THC is easily stored in your fat and can be released into your blood stream over time, which causes non-negligible effects on your brain.

the metabolite of THC is THC-COOH, which completely inactive and its presence in your urine or blood gives no indication of inebriation

are you implying THC-COOH is completely inert in the human body?

>but to become ignorantly and comfortably numb
not my experience

when I smoke (and my wife says the same thing) all the shit that I try to push to the back of my head comes up and I can't ignore it. it's like an avalanche of all the "you were supposed to's" and "why didn't I's" that I can normally ignore.

comfortably numb my ass

sounds like paranoia m8

Truth.

Even if determinism is the truth, there it literally no point in being a determinist. Human mind is fragile in the grand scheme. Don't hamstring it.

>Smoked weed sonce 14
>Was the first one to obtain and introduce to friends
>Many people I know are full time smokers or are cold turkey from smoking too much
>Tfw smoked irregularly and mainly on my own for years, rejecting doing it everyday and having self control

What's with u fags, enjoy it in moderation

Weed makes you content doing nothing. Which everyone grows tired off eventually.

Dont waste your good years on smoking weed. YOLO

>i enjoy sucking bbc

Those digits + it's all true = mfw.

Did you ever consider that maybe your friend was already retarded before starting to smoke?

I've been smoking three times a day for about 20 years. I know of this haze you speak of. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, if I was to operate at normal functionality, I may end the world or at the very least, bring about something that leads to the destruction of all humanity. With the haze, I can at least pretend to be normal.

stoners BTFO
quitting weed was the best decision I have ever made, I regret 99% of the time I smoked it.

woah are you me? besides the 3 times a day I smoke all day everyday whenever I can get it

>and i know exactly what op means
freudian-slip for your planned same-fagging?

That thought never crosses the minds of those who dislike weed because they met one retard while he was high.

Weed isn't something that changes you into someone completely different, but people don't get that.

While I am a big weed legalization guy, Op is right. I used to be a big pothead in high school and I regret all of it. For a while I haven't been smoking, usually I would once every two weeks, but recently I have stopped cold turkey. I found that once I did this, reading has become much much easier. I read a lot of dense material, so once I got my focus and "my connectedness" back to the physical I was able to function.

There really isn't a point to smoking or drinking, but I do think that everyone should experiment within reason. But be sure not to get into the trap of "oh it's not so bad, why shouldn't I drink or smoke"

do you miss the feeling?

I was in Scotland for a week visiting family and I'll admit it felt kind of nice to have clear, fully shaped thoughts for the first time in a while.
I smoke ~.7 a day with a few beers for about 3 years now, not willing to give it up yet

Slightly, but what I dont miss at all is the lathergic and overall shit feeling I get from smoking. In the moment it is enjoyable, but in the long run it just isn't worth it.

REQUEST DENIED

Your fedora is showing

>and it hijacks your being.

cool, where does it take it?

is there an associated cannabis devil?

that brings on this reefer madness you speak of?

I know what you mean.

For many after certain point, weed becomes like an X-ray for your life. You become aware of all the little circles you make your life run around. You become painfully aware how much better human being you could be. You get fixated on things that wouldn't even bother sober you as every tiny thing that is wrong with your life is brought to your awareness at the same time.

>I quit my heavy use of marijuana on September 8th and life has sucked after stopping

just admit it, your life has always sucked

that's the paranoid side of weed for some people, I had it, now it's rare, only when I smoked instead of working

You are off-base with many points in that poorly formatted wall of text. If you are worried about the effects of popular drugs you should really focus your efforts on alcohol, as it is extremely more detrimental to society than weed.

Checked

Thought this was some trainwreck from the thumbnail. Trainwreck is some heavy shit

kek is here to save us tonight

weed is for faggots. no joke

Next week I will disregard your gets and I will buy an ounce of weed. And it will not stop me from doing what I have been doing, which is just reading. It doesn't inhibit my ability, I am off right now and I haven't been able to sleep. That's an easy and cheap fix.

Witnessed

ur just a pussy. smoke weed everyday

oh look, another unscientific retarded amerifat who doesn't know how drugs work

the body/mind do not crumble in response to a weak-sauce drug like weed. all drugs can and should be used under appropriate circumstances.

Fuck kek, faggot.

>People who suffer from depression and anxiety, statistically, benefit the most from 2 things: religion and exercise.

Source?
Genuinely interested, always suspected this was the rp truth but haven't seen much evidence for anything but "have more friends" and "muh SSRI"

>Swiss
>Partaking in degeneracy and not glorious
O R D N U N G

REEEEEEEEE

Yes, it is.

I used to think 420 blaze Yolo swag ayy weed was cool but now I think it's bad and I'm happier with my life.

Holy muslim cocks OP that's one hell of a soapbox with no sources. I'd love to debate this topic of "THC accumulates in your brain cells" but I honestly think you're talking out your ass.

I've smoked everyday for the past 5 years and I've had no adverse side effects except what comes with smoking anything which is phlegm in your lungs. So I get that smokers cough but I smoke anyway. For those 5 years I got 2 degrees and working on my third in subatomic particle physics.
While I agree you shouldn't revolve your life around it you can't just spout obscenities about it that you claim as """"FACT""""".
Like we all know that cannabis use in adolescence can cause damage but a lot of studies are conflicting and as far as memory damage goes most of those studies have been conducted on animals. Much of the field is full of conflicting studies.
>drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-body
>However, recent results from two prospective longitudinal twin studies did not support a causal relationship between marijuana use and IQ loss. Marijuana users did show a significant decline in verbal ability (equivalent to 4 IQ points) and in general knowledge between the preteen years (ages 9 to 12, before use) and late adolescence/early adulthood (ages 17 to 20). However, at the start of the study, future marijuana users already had lower scores on these measures than future non-users, and no predictable difference was found between twins when one used marijuana and one did not. This suggests that observed IQ declines, at least across adolescence, may be caused by shared familial factors (e.g., genetics, family environment), not by marijuana use itself.

See? None of the research done on cannabis is reliable because we can't openly research it.

Come on man I'm not a 430 blameit faggot but cannabis has medicinal applications.

any califags here growing this spring now that it's legal?

>I've smoked everyday for the past 5 years and I've had no adverse side effects
kek
oh the delusion
come back when you wake up in a few years

Kek everyone in this thread loves to make up random non-scientific babble about
>muh anecdotes
but have you retards ever considered it's not cannabis making you more apathetic/depressed/anxious/whatever? Have you ever considered you are that way sober too?

>muh confirmation bias

(OP)
OP that was the most retarded bunch of paragraphs I've ever read. Were you fucking stoned off your ass when you wrote this?

>paying money for the naturally growing plant Jew.

you are a filthy drug addict defending your shitty habits.

Fucking leaf.

>muh woke

You sound like a faggot. Smoke up, senpai. Life is short.

>wake up in a few years
Ad hominem not an argument fucking leaf.

I'd love to start but I'm living with roommates and don't have space.

Indoors or outdoors?

Beautifully put OP, gonna finish my Christmas ounce and then drop the habit, I want my mind back.

Like with all bad habits, moderation is key.

Everything else you can muster is unscientific shit or hasn't been studied enough because it's illegal to research it.

You are just in denial. It took me 7 years to realize weed is fucking useless and how damaging it is, and all this despite the fact that I was an A student that had many successful internships, so my life was pretty good. People here shit on it for a reason.

Holy shit these digits

outdoors senpai. got a big yard with a fence. indoor seems too expensive, also
>muh organic cannabis

> It took me 7 years to realize weed is fucking useless and how damaging it is

You want to explain that damage?
>INB4 anecdotal sob story of how he lost control of his own life because of shitty financial and personal decisions

probably one of the most accurate assessments of weed i've ever read.
good job user.

brb, packing a bowl

>you're in denial bro
Denial of what?

>weeds useless, damaging
In what way specifically? How did it affect you negatively?

>still got As and landed internships

So how exactly is this a negative thing? You mean you were using cannabis at this time, right?

>life was good

Then why stop using cannabis moderately?

>Sup Forums thinks everything is degernate

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. I rely on scientific data to make assumptions about my biological health, not anecdotes from NEETs and keyboard warriors.

Get off your high horse, faggot, and stop telling people what to do. Worry about yourself. I don't need to prove anything to a bunch of interweb anons.

cwods confirm cumulative canabyss

Good shit, fampai. I would go that route as well. Plus, it'd be nice working outside with your hands in soil.

I gotta get some land.

I get great grades all while super high

youtube.com/watch?v=EF4Ll15ENgA

"Trying to quit" is ultimately just playing pretend. I fell into this same mental trap when I was "starting out" exercising earlier this year. It was never clear in my mind when I was going transition from "starting out" to being serious about exercise and fitness. At the same time as I was "starting out" exercising, I was "trying to" quit smoking hashish. It never worked out.

You have to be serious about quitting the hashish/weed if it is a detriment to you. It's not really that difficult either, considering how little dependant your body becomes to these things. It is very easy to fall back into it, however.

that happens to me the first few times I smoke, when fully detoxed.
I become more aware of what I need to do with my life and the steps I need to take to achieve it.
if I keep smoking regularly, then I fall into the abyss as OP describes it

>shit memory
>cloudiness and inability to concentrate like used to
>lethargy
>big dreams but no ambition
>anxiety
>paranoia
And it would have been better if I could feel it all at once. But no, weed tricks you into believing everything is fine and you're just having a good time. These effects accumulate slowly and are very subtle that it's hard to detect and easy to dismiss as negligible.

Spotted the deluded addict

I smoked pot very very heavily through college and luckily still passed but the day I quit was the day I woke up

I would smoke for months straight and then not be able to sleep the first night I didn't have it because I would be too scared to not have that comfy feeling

Clothes stank of shit
Poor
Boring cunt that talk about nothing but weed
Thought it was cool
Thought I was cool for doing it

Stopped and became twice as productive

Saved a lot of money

Not an addicted faggot anymore

Like many in the thread I don't regret it all but I regret 90% of it

Call me what you want but I'm done with the herbal Jew I don't care what you do in your own time

literally everyone on my block is growing the max 6 plants,lol. land is definitely good. good luck, user.

I'm 21 soon to be 22 what damage can weed cause me I started smoking it seriously about 3 months ago not everyday but probably a few times a week on Friday nights and weekends

Being a friendless dead beat that loves to get into his own head is painful weed let's me for a few hours to push aside these concerns from my mind and enjoy living

And I'm happier for it I used to have suicidal thoughts almost everyday but as Tupac said I hit the weed and did proceed and said fuck all of y'all

not much damage, senpai. don't listen to the pharmaceutical jew.

>disappear into the abyss and get semi-permafried brainfogitis

>implying i dont enjoy this

Spotted the validation-seeker.

>be britard
>be retarded
>smoke "very very heavily"
>don't shower don't do laundry cus stinky yellow toothed brit
>ayyy 420 bro blaz3 it you wanna dab this shit?
>weedbro
>wow now im cool
>quit for whatever reason
>now im even cooler cuz some guys online said its gay and degernate
>low self-esteem
>cant do stuff unless its socially cool
>i dont care what you do
>youre an addict bro you should quit

lmao dude fuck off. shitty b8/10.

Haha weed makes me the opposite.

Only ever smoked pot, nothing was tampered with, was pretty mild. Smoked for 2 years, and suddenly got depersonalization disorder.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The most fucked up mental problem i've ever faced in my life. And the sad fact is that plenty of people get it from smoking pot, but weed shills will tell you "nah ur shit was laced" or "its not because of the pot man"

Fucking hate drug users with a passion now. 5 years and my mind is still permanently ruined from it. Dont touch it, and if you do, don't continue. I thought it was totally safe and just fine for two years. Then reality hits.

>Kek everyone in this thread loves to make up random non-scientific babble about
>muh anecdotes
but have you retards ever considered it's not cannabis making you more apathetic/depressed/anxious/whatever? Have you ever considered you are that way sober too?

No

I remember my first edible too.

>shit memory
Stanford would disagree with you. THC can help prevent Alzheimer's or do you not keep up with this stuff?
>med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2014/06/blocking-brain_s-internal-marijuana-may-trigger-early-alzheimers.html
>inability to concentrate
>lethargy
>big dreams but no ambition
That's all very general. We could say the same about alcohol addiction. You're just naming your own personal flaws when using a substance.
>anxiety
>paranoia
That comes from doing something illegal. I can't tell you how many times I use to look over my shoulder until I moved to a state where it was legal.

You sound like you're more irresponsible with your use. That's very common among users of any pharmaceutical.

Unless you can come up with something with evidence you're just being anecdotal.

Never did edibles. Please shill more

I'm similar but with music
It makes me so much more eager to sit down and work on a track. I'm actually more motivated and productive when I'm not in space but chillin in orbit
>It's as if people have different reactions to substances

So you haven't considered you're just a pathetic human being?

I would consider it.

"You can't trust a man who doesn't trust himself with a beer (joint.)"

Lol, too bad I was suicidal before smoking weed and two years after smoking an avg. of 1.5g a day of good green I'm still suicidal. I feel like I am 10x more aware and intelligent before, although I don't give smoking weed the credit. It has it's pros and its cons obviously, you can't sit here and assume that everyone who smokes is doing it to become blissfully ignorant. For some people it's a catalyst for intellugent/deep thought, when used in the proper environment and of course everyone is different.

Who am I kidding, this is Sup Forums. Sup Forums with a political twist. Enjoy the (You) dipshit.

You should try them, a low dose, something around 25mg of THC. Super fun and more of a body high compared to smoking. Even better yet, go camping somewhere where you can see stars/the milky way and then eat some. It's pretty spiritual.

Honestly, the "its only good if its indoors" thought is just a meme. Just make sure you have good genetics and youre good.

Well, ive smoked for a bit over 20 years off and on now and have quit for years at a time when its required for work.

It was never a big deal to me, the "withdrawal" effects are negligible and last about a week (most notably a slightly lowered appetite). I never noticed a drastic change in clarity, mood, lucidity, direction in life, etc. like you describe. Things are just slightly less entertaining during periods of sobriety was all.

I guess maybe it affects other people drastically like you say, but ive not experienced any of that.

However, if a person is in the adolescent stage in their life I would of course advise not doing any drugs at all, obviously, as they are still developing and it would not be wise.

I don't, I've never tried anti depressants and I'd rather die than take them honestly I would lose too much respect for myself

Not one record death due to weed I'd love to see someone try and smoke 450kg of weed in an attempt to OD

>Fucking hate drug users with a passion now.

No need to project your own bad experience with it onto others. Not gonna give you the "it's not the pot, man" crap, because it probably was the pot, and if it's not for you, it's not for you.

Just try to avoid the hate. I know some folks who became pretty bad people as a result of that mentality.

>continues telling me to do drugs
>drugs destroyed my mental health
>but drugs will fix it i promise

>Unless you can come up with something with evidence
I just told you the effects that I've noticed SINCE smoking weed, which means that I wasn't like that BEFORE. If you want to dismiss it then why the fuck even bother asking in the first place? It seems to me that you are just closing corners in order to defend your own view, which is typical of people under the spell of weed. I know because I was just like that.

Any advice for a Sup Forumsack thinking about doing shrooms?