Do you ever feel bad for people less intelligent than you?

Do you ever feel bad for people less intelligent than you?

No matter how hard they try, no amount of hard work can help them develop the computational capability you were simply born with.

How intelligent do you believe you are?

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtcatalog.com/brianna-wiest/2015/06/16-scientific-reasons-why-people-who-are-socially-anxious-are-usually-highly-intelligent/
davidwolfe.com/social-anxiety-high-iq-empathic-abilities/
psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201010/why-intelligent-people-use-more-drugs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I used to be this way and ended up underestimating a lot of people. Youre a fag desu and not as smart as you think. Ever wonder why some of those dummys have a better job and get more pussy than you?

What have you accomplished in life other than shitposting on prehistoric cave painting discussion forum?

I have come to terms with being one of lifes brainlets.

You seem to be confused friends. Where in my post did i claim i was intelligent?

You've both demonstrated you're not very intelligent.

Bullshit, the great majority of people is on the verge of retardation, you do yourself a favor by just assuming everyone around you is stupid and just think a couple of moves ahead to avoid being drawn into their shallow void of stupidity. If someone is not stupid you'll see it right away.

Lots of intelligent people I know manage to fuck up their lives regardless. It's an advantage, but it isn't the only factor that determines how happy you are or how satisfied you are with your life.

Do you personally believe you're intelligent.

:^( iktf

>Do you ever feel bad for people less intelligent than you?

Yes because if they were less intelligent they would be literal retards.

It's a two-edged sword. You trade in easy education/income for happiness.

The stupid man can drown himself in the "normal life" meme and not ever notice it again, but you'll never silence that voice inside your head. Ever.

And this

You're actually probably a brainlet.

Being intelligent means being more computationally capable. Where brainlets would be unable to deal with stress, an intelligent person could.

Being intelligent doesn't just mean being able to understand abstract connections, it also means being better at dealing with stress and lots of other things.

The tortured genius is a meme, i hope you know this.

>Being intelligent means being more computationally capable.
True.
>Where brainlets would be unable to deal with stress, an intelligent person could.
>Being intelligent doesn't just mean being able to understand abstract connections, it also means being better at dealing with stress and lots of other things.
You're literally redefining words now.

>The tortured genius is a meme, i hope you know this.
Statistics would indicate otherwise.

>Do you ever feel bad for people less intelligent than you?
Sometimes, but I try to avoid being conceited. I forget sometimes that other people generally aren't as quick as I am. Somtimes it comes as a surprise, too, because I often consider these people to be my equals and think of them as being bright, only to be reminded that even they can't think with as much depth as I do as quickly as I do.

>How intelligent do you believe you are?
Extremely intelligent. At the risk of coming across as arrogant and delusional, I'm probably one of the brightest people on the planet.

That being said, being palpably more intelligent than pretty much everybody I meet has actually made me realize that intelligence isn't everything. There are plenty of people who I admire and consider to be better than I am, and taken in the context of me being more intelligent than they are, that fact really makes me wonder how much worth my intelligence actually bears.

I've actually stopped using intelligence as a metric in deciding what people to associate with, and I've tried to stop taking any pride in my own intelligence. I genuinely do believe that a good heart is more important than anything else, and I've learned more and more valuable things from good-hearted people than from intelligent ones. At the very least, the lessons they've taught me have served me better in my own life and are more relevant to the kind of life I want to live.

Can you post these statistics?

>tfw too intelligent to have pity on brainlets

it just looks like a massive ballsack attached to his head

I know what you're doing. The link between mental problems and high IQ is extremely well documented, and you know this, but you want me to drop a few studies so you get the chance to fuck up the entire argument if in case I choose the studies I post poorly.
>thoughtcatalog.com/brianna-wiest/2015/06/16-scientific-reasons-why-people-who-are-socially-anxious-are-usually-highly-intelligent/
>davidwolfe.com/social-anxiety-high-iq-empathic-abilities/
>psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201010/why-intelligent-people-use-more-drugs

>inb4 hurr durr websites and blog posts
They all have citations to actual studies (some of which are peer-reviewed).

This is half truth here. Yes, a shit ton of people are fucking retarded as fuck normies who care about the most vapid and inane shit and have no desire to be greater than in some mindless pursuit, typically money or pussy.

But it is still true, as you say, that a lot of people shouldn't be underestimated. Most people don't have the capacity to be knowledgeable or skilled in many things at once, usually they're really good and knowledgeable in one thing, and in that one thing they're pretty damn good. This is why communities formed and why civilization sprung up. Nobody is good at everything. People had to band together and utilize all their skills as best they can to build, maintain and live in society.

You just have to learn to spot them out from the mindless drones who don't do or know shit. That'll take some time before you're proficient at it.

Comfy .gif m8

yes, i feel bad for all trump voters, naturally

OP
ARE YOU ASKING ME IF I FEEL BAD FOR TRUMP SUPPORTERS?
NO. I fucking don't.

They sold their souls to zionists and will burn in hell for eternity.

Posting on Sup Forums instantly disqualifies you from being an intelligent, capable or well adjusted person. Get your head out of your ass. You think Nobel laureates or anyone whose ever accomplished anything of note spends any time worrying about jewish cultural marxist feminists trying to steal their frosted flakes?

>when you're so intelligent you reject modern capitalist ideals and all you wanna do is live off the land challenging your engineering skills and reading kant for the rest of your life

I'd rather be a happy brainlet perfectly content with smoking weed and banging stacy once a week.

>tfw

>How intelligent do you believe you are?

110-120

Smart enough to get a job in STEM, but not smart enough to be the next Gauss or Turing.

Feels ambivalent, man.

Just be noble.

That's in much shorter supply than intelligence.

I fucking love gifs like that. Have another.

I think the "nobody-intelligent/successful/worthwhile-would-ever-post-on-(insert board here)-argument" is a bit overplayed and doesn't really carry any validity.

>I'd rather be a happy brainlet perfectly content with smoking weed and banging stacy once a week

IKTF

Honestly, I'd be really okay with working a job, smoking weed, having kids, and just kicking back with my progeny and my wife in front of the TV every day until I die. It just seems like it'd be a waste. It's that nagging feeling of duty that keeps you awake at night.

>.psychologytoday

Oh boy.

I was actually going to read the links till i saw that.

Honestly, that's a lot of us here. We're a step or two up above the norm, but we're no geniuses by any measure or means. We're intelligent enough to recognize that we're really not that intelligent.

But it is incredibly rare for any one individual to be on the level or Turing, Newton, or Tesla, etc. That is why we band together use different perspectives of knowledge.

I too thought I was way above average when I was about 17-18 years old. Getting good grades at school, doing some basic tech stuff and google searches is enough to get praised for being intelligent. But then you grow up, meet actual smart people that put you in your place.

>does exactly what the inb4 predicts
Enough said.

No.

Not very.

I know that I know nothing

This meme looped straight back around from obnoxious and into hilarious once people started to make the brain into girlfriends and elephants and shit.

>do you feel bad for...
Not really. Their lives are just *different* as a result. There are things they will never appreciate or understand, and they'll struggle with things I wouldn't even need to acknowledge as an obstacle, but we can both reach the same level of contentment and satisfaction in life and both find ways to be good, productive, and generally well-developed or adjusted people. Apples and oranges, I guess.
>no matter how hard they...
Not particularly relevant. We all have our roles to play, and society is roughly as likely to regress and cling stubbornly to the achievements of great thinkers of the past as it is to surge forward and learn so much so quickly that we wind up tripping over our own dicks because we don't internalize and absorb all of these new discoveries quickly enough...but unless we go extinct, the future will eventually reach a brighter, better place. Eventually.
>how intelligent do you believe you are?
Just enough to appreciate being a lazy, sheltered, privileged English nerd who wants to live forever. Smart enough to read published psychology journals when I was in the 2nd grade if I had a dictionary open at the same time and directly manipulate my ability to emote. Smart enough to get away with doing half the work twice as effectively for full credit all the way until my first year of college, much to the chagrin of the few teachers who wished they could get me to give a shit.

But not smart enough to learn how to socialize until I was nineteen without coming across as a tryhard intellectual sperg. Not smart enough to learn how to be charismatic until someone just as smart with severe clinical depression took me aside and taught me how to fake sincerity well enough to convince professionals that I wasn't counting the seconds until they fucked off.

However smart that may be.

Socrates approves.

No, because there are always people more intelligent than you.

>Socrates
>not Diogenes of Synope
Fucking plebs

All I know is this: if you are able to stick your dick into sluts successfully, and if you have a "good job," you are definitely way smarter than I will ever be, because those are the most important parts of life.

If you don't think so, then I actually AM smarter than you, and you should try harder to fuck brainless whores and kiss corporate ass more.

>haha i called it. i knew you would call me out if i posted a link from an unreliable source.

You've got quite a brain on you friend.

Its very easy to seperate them out - avoid and purge ALL NEETS and minimum wage McCucks for life losers.

The rest have something to offer.

People aren't stupid, they just don't read books.

If everyone was read a book on history, politics, war, geopolitcs, or something of that nature every month the world would be fine

>a study is invalid because it has been cited on a website
Do you have brain damage or are you just functionally illiterate?

Pol is the salon of our time

I mean, he's pretty cool, but the quote is often attributed to Socrates. At least, I first encountered it in Plato.

>People aren't stupid, they just don't read books.

No, many people are palpably very stupid. That said, those who actually read are definitely better-off and generally better people as a result. Even the dumb ones. Hell, I'm often pleasantly surprised by what the dumb ones who read retain and apply.

I feel like sacrificeing millions to the blood god khorne.

THIS
THIS
THIS

Like anything in life, your mind needs to be constantly sharpened, or else it wastes away. Read, introduce yourself to new ideas, adapt and apply as necessary, etc.

And NEVER stop.

>Like anything in life, your mind needs to be constantly sharpened, or else it wastes away. Read, introduce yourself to new ideas, adapt and apply as necessary, etc.

This advice cannot be done justice.

Less intelligent = bliss

Directly provide the sources that back up your implied claim that intelligent people are less happy than unintelligent people from reputable journals who peer review or don't provide a source at all .

>confirmed for functionally illiterate
There are direct links to the studies in the articles.

Being able to click them is the IQ test requirement for this conversation. Your move, kiddo.

>that pic
yeh except it IS the jews