What happened to the race relations of the 80s?

Every action movie was a badass white guy with a badass black buddy who never even felt the need to bring race up.

Wtf?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GSi3lYg75Tc
youtu.be/jLoZ14POEjw
youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocqueville_effect
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJdu-HCyGZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Niggers found out they could get money by exporting businesses over racism.

That's why they worked because it was never blatantly thrown in your face that there was a black guy on screen. It was just two hero's in a movie doing hero shit.

Because Jews decided to fuck it all up.

Talcum X happened.

Now there isnt any race relations. There is only stay in your own fucking lane.

Also female action hero's.

Isn't it fun how people are more willing to accept progressive ideas when they're not shoved down our throats, or guilt/shame the audience?

the reality is that, in "modern" youth that don't truly understand the historical undertones of certain words, that racial boundaries would disappear. White/Black/Hispanic would use spic/nigga/etc and they'd lose their meaning as they get recited through popular music and whatnot. Instead, reality happened.

1.Black people are stupid

2. Everything else to excuse #1. Namely turning every discussion possible into one about "equality" and "race".

/threading myself because fuck you

>A movie decides how well race relations were
wew.

Oldfag here. OJ Simpson verdict. I remember it clearly being the pivot point from things improving to going downhill as far as race relations.

there are only 2 kinds of black roles these days

1) fat comic relief
2) ultra-sexualized muscular buck

where did the family man go?

Walker and Trivette

This

Watch die hard with a vengeance. Though it was a buddy nigger and cracker film, there were moments when race was discussed between Jackson and Willis.

A major plot of one of those movies involves a racist South African during Apartheid

>where did the family man go?
Let me tell you about niggers.

> high grossing movies are not reflective of the cultural norms of their eras

Sonny Crockett, motherfucker

That's a pure example of slippery slope.
They got their toe in the door then forced it open after you tried to tell them you wasn't interested in buying it.

42 year old oldfag posting, I honestly didn't notice race relations start to really go downhill until Obama took office and liberals started painting everyone who opposed him as a racist and then SJW's got into things and started influencing the media, plus Trayvon and BLM and all the other associated shit happened. Race relations have gotten very noticeably worse over the past 8 years.

Prior to that there had been the occasional racial tension (LA riots, etc) but ever since I was a kid race was usually never the issue that it has become in these last 8 years or so.

>Create the background of the character first to the point where it didn't matter who you put in

There were probably still tokenism and stereotypes but it wasn't as bad as the 60's/early 70's where the non white characters were literally one dimensional tropes.

Pretty much unless something caught the News cycle like the L.A. riots or Kramer calling those nog hecklers niggers you didn't hear much on the subject Niggers did their thing whites kept to their selves.

based fucking don johnson. motherfucker was smooth as ice in those blazers

My theory is that blacks thought that Obama would magically make their lives 100x better, and when that didn't happen, they chimped out.

Kind of like how immediately following the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964 there were race riots in pretty much every major city.

They're like little ungrateful children throwing a tantrum when they don't the exact birthday present that they wanted.

Didn't Lethal Weapon 3 bring up apartheid?

He shows up now and again but the character is portrayed as self hating because he's not hood enough. Possibly married to a white woman.

Believe it or not it was like that up until relatively recently, as recently as the zimmerman trial in fact

that led to BLM and a whole manner of other bullshit meant to divide and conquer ;)

Wayne Brady got accused of being the "whitest black man in America" - and it became an internal issue in the black community; black people could be accused of "acting too white".

Accusing black people of being "too white" = self-hating racism in my view.

They're still finding ways to get over the term "nigger".... they're still in recovery mode.

It started with the "words can kill" campaign scaring the kids of free speech, & like ISIS encouraged the kids to give their life to a cause.
The democrat's economy has always been based on controlling racial fears. The slur word "racist" just means they don't like someone.
youtu.be/GSi3lYg75Tc

SOCIAL MEDIA.

Some people think Michelle Obama's "let's move" campaign is hurtful "fat shaming". What if all bullying words are really just a campaign?
youtu.be/jLoZ14POEjw

Race didn't mean much to most white people back then. Race whores like Jackson, Sharpton and Obama fixed that "wrong", thank goodness.

ROXANNE.. you don't have to put out the red light...

"The difference is in the south whites don't care how close blacks get, so long as they don't get too big. In the north whites don't care how big you get, so long as you don't get too close."

Brilliant dialogue. And true.

>"Give me everything I ask for."
Okay, here you go.
>"But my life isn't immediately better and I'm still unhappy!"
That's something you can only do for yourself.
>"No its not me so it must be your fault!"
>[CHIMPS OUT]

Those 80s movies were preparation programming, surely you know that. The old drip-drip tactic. And it didn't begin in the 80s. Back in the 50s and 60s they were doing the same thing with Sidney Poitier playing a white t-shirted noble savage being unfairly discriminated against. Harry Belafonte was another. They played white black men, good looking sexy black men, intellectually gifted black men. Only when the programming was proving successful and had been overtaken by the jew-funded and driven civil rights movements as they were called, did Poitier and Belafonte emerge as bitter angry anti-whites

You'll notice that until the push, blacks were respectable contributors to society. Black men then were strong parents and raised their kids right. Compare that to now and you'll see how Jewlywood destroyed African American culture at the same time it brought race-relations to the current parlous state where black men glare with their mouthsful of metal and pretend -- from their million-dollar mansions -- to be ghetto

Blacks lost as much as whites, courtesy of jewlywood and dual-citizen congress-people and media

LA Riots and OJ

It was only a matter of time. Nigs are a hair trigger away from chimping anyway.

Then leftist drive the wedge further for political points

Haven't seen the Resident Evil movies with Milla Jovovich do the progressive shit. The movies aren't the greatest. But they're a good watch for a pretty girl in skimpy clothes shooting up zombies. I guess it's a diamond in the rough. Hopefully they don't do shit like this in the final movie, as a fuck you send off

accurate

this
>90s female action heros
>make a movie with female lead
>2010s female action heros
>rehash 90s movie but change all the existing male leads to females

youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM

Race relations have always been bad. You're just now aware.

>Blacks lost as much as whites, courtesy of jewlywood and dual-citizen congress-people and media
>tfw still think Blacks are mentally inferior but have a soft spot for them anyway
They're like big kids and lots of them have good hearts, America is just a broken home and they're a product of it.

"Separate but Equal" worked.

Remember the Cosby Show? I actually had hope. And Fresh Prince?

What show was the turning point? Where did all go wrong? Now we only have Black-ish, and even on that show they make whites look bad.

And now it's the inverse. It's all about incentives, they get more credit for crying racisss than making actual money

Don't forget Family Matters!

race really didn't become such a divisive fucking mess that was shoved up our asses every single day in the media until social media gave everyone and their retarded uncle a platform to complain about shit that didn't actually exist

more and more niggers have left the ghetto since then and moved into white neighborhoods turning them into ghettos
also white americans have experienced the fruits of all that change and yes we can

>My theory is that blacks thought that Obama would magically make their lives 100x better, and when that didn't happen, they chimped out.
>Kind of like how immediately following the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964 there were race riots in pretty much every major city

It's called the Tocqueville effect.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocqueville_effect

Die Hard 3 has tons of racial tension, but it is all comedic between Willis and Jackson.

trayvon was probably the nail in the coffin for the era of not talking about race. now you cant get away from the shit

this. remember the year after he got elected and every time a racial incident happened there was some article or somebody essentially saying "we have a black president now and we still have to deal with this?"

this guy knows whats up. thats pretty much the way it is here

Remember this one from late 2008?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJdu-HCyGZE

Prophetic.

Sarah Connor was the redpill
Quality waifu

Because the 80's all the way up to early 00's was pretty awesome, then it went all downhill. All this feel good everybody included shit didn't really start becoming over bearing until around 10 years ago or so.

It was just nigger lovers being nigger lovers
This was a time of peak black crime, whites fleeing cities by the millions...

It was just a charade, an illusion of niggers not being the disaster they are obviously today.

Without the internet the media is all people had, and they would spew non-stop lies

sure m8 because the eras of forced integration, affirmative action, and negro sidekicks were nothing to do with race?

Are you kidding? Race was fucking gigantic, however both republicans & democrats were massive nigger loving liberals.

The difference is the INTERNET and HOME VIDEO CAMERAS followed by PHONE CAMERAS, that allowed the reality of niggers to be exposed to the masses

Honestly, I actually thought Rouge One did a pretty good job in having a female lead in that way.

I don't recall it ever coming up specifically that Jyn was a woman or having any of that 'lol, I'm so much better than these silly boys because I'm a strong independent womyn' sort of garbage.

>All this feel good everybody included shit didn't really start becoming over bearing until around 10 years ago or so.
It was being pushed on kids in the 90s if not earlier. I remember a huge drive for 'inclusivity' and 'uniqueness'. Tons of children's books to make everyone feel cozy, cuddly and giving.

sure there were race things all over, but it never felt like it was "us against them" until around then

race propaganda was fairly hamfisted in the 50s-70s, but it was also somewhat sporadic because people back then wouldnt tolerate it constantly being shoved in their faces. in the 80s, hollywood changed tactics and instead went for the "black people are just like you and me" angle, with subtler methods such as casting black actors in roles while otherwise not drawing attention to race. the idea was to portray an integrated society as perfectly normal so people would follow the lead of the shows they watched. the cosby show was part of this generation. after OJ and Rodney King, things deteriorated and the race messages started becoming more overt and hamfisted again. this continued at a low simmer until the obama administration, when they changed tactics yet again to outright hostility towards whites.

the goal has always been to destroy the asabiyyah of white americans so that we will no longer be able to pose a threat to the financial or other interests of the elites. jews were on board with this agenda from the start because they are embedded in the elite themselves and because their culture encourages a sort of paranoid hostility toward gentile society

Rogue One was miles ahead of the hamfisted Mary Sue garbage we got in TFA with Rey.

Surprise surprise, Jyn is defined as a character, not as a woman. JJ could stand to learn.

Thats only because the media didn't frame it that way yet

Blacks certainly felt it was whites vs blacks
When whites were being run out of formerly white cities by blacks, you wouldn't see any politician condemning it

Obviously if you didn't live in one of those cities, and have to flee due to forced integration, then its not "real" to you

This really pisses me off.

Don't people deserve their own characters? Like why remake the Ocean movies with an all female cast? Why not just make a fun heist movie?

For the same reason that Sony made a Ghostbusters remake with an all-woman cast. It's a statistics-obsessed capitalist empire relying on brand recognition to boost profit, while leaning on modern feminist outcry to advertise their film.

The irony behind it all is, of course, lost on these modern feminists.

Because they know that they can't actually make a fun, enjoyable movie while trying to jam their political message down your throat, so they use the previously successful franchise to bring in the audience that otherwise would come near it

I think its more that they are a buncha absolutely stupid liberals

The "elites" are there through corruption, not competence, they are incapable of replicating the success of the past

This will be me in 20 years sans marriage

Weirdly that central intelligence movie with the rock and Kevin hart. Harts character was just a regular hardworking family man, hell same with Get Hard

Kevin hart doesn't seem to buy into that shit

liberals started bringing up race all day for votes

They absolutely are capable. The films might be summer slog-fests of terrible script-work and yes-man direction, but they turn profit on a global scale, and that's enough for them to keep turning the wheels of the Hollywood regurgitory empire.

Look at the Marvel films coming out. They're practically the film equivalent of McDonalds, but they're genius in that they're providing a constant multi-million dollar injection into Disney's machine every year. There's a reason that DC, Legendary, Star Wars, and now Universal are all trying to cash into the extended universe business. It's because they're a financial goldmine.

Obama.

Luke cage is alright. He has the 'ultra-sexualized muscular buck' thing, but also deeply cares about his community and people, while rejecting hood culture and going full physical removal on local gangsters.

(And while he does end up fucking da white woman. She's seriously emotionally disturbed and unstable, so her fucking a black guy is really a stereotype in itself)

>The difference is the INTERNET and HOME VIDEO CAMERAS followed by PHONE CAMERAS, that allowed the reality of niggers to be exposed to the masses

Nah. Race relations seem worse now because media treats blacks worse.

After the mid 90s or so TV and movies changed the perspective of race relations because they tried to capitalize on thug culture.

Even shows that were still heavy in black culture like Martin, Fresh Prince, The Hughleys or Living Single were still generally respectable. And in addition to those you had shows like Family Matters, The Cosby Show, Hanging With Mister Cooper, Sister Sister, Smart Guy and more that treated black people as normal individuals. They had jobs, families, dads. And whites watched a lot of these shows too. They helped normalize blacks.

Then movies like Friday and shit like Homeboys In Outer Space started to become the norm and that's easily where you can seeing trends change.

It's was really obvious in the music industry, just look at live aid and MJs "black or white"

I think race relations kept getting better right through the 90s (save for the LA riots) for the most part. SJWs wrecked it all

>Race relations seem worse now because media treats blacks worse.
"Treat them worse" really isn't accurate.

It's simply featuring the other side of the black community. You can really say it's treating them badly when that culture is freely formed an embraced by many blacks, and blacks having a family/job/success is shunned as "uncle toms"

What more, it's seems like most of the time they have to bring race relations into it. Look at fucking men in black 3 for example, it was a funny joke but it just felt completely out of place

>(And while he does end up fucking da white woman. She's seriously emotionally disturbed and unstable, so her fucking a black guy is really a stereotype in itself)

It also should be remembered that they're married in the comics, so them doing it was kind of inevitable.

On a related note, the black police officer ends up with Iron Fist.

fucking clooney just had to open his liberal mouth
hard to watch those movies anymore, even though oceans 11 was a cinematic piece of art

this nigger was always saving the day in his pimp van

>oceans 11
fucking boring garbage, like watching a bunch of celebrities play croquet
inb4

race relations were way better before rap went mainstream.
once white boys turned into wiggers, Western civilization was doomed because it gave niggers full permission to chimp out publicly, where as they had always been afraid of the repercussions for their monkeyshines in the past

Jews bro Jews.

Simply put they wanted it to be a badass black guy with a baddass white buddy. Its in the narrative.

das juden came and ruined it

because racism was literally engineered

best star wars movie since og trilogy desu

Obama

Even in the mid-late 00s there were still some good black-white duos.

On the Maury show for a DNA test

>they're still best friends to this date

The only reason is pure propoganda. They don't want to make a new female centric heist movie. They want to symbolically kill the patriarchy by replacing their beloved characters.

>because media treats blacks worse
ha ha ha fucking kill yourself

I agree. Gangsta culture was the worst thing to happen to african americans since slavery.

>oldfag
no, you're newfags

oldfag doesn't mean what you think it does so why don't you just go back to facebook and laugh at all the funny pictures, douche bags

>House
>Foreman

Pretty fucking good too.

>I have your back
>And you have mine

>tfw abolition of welfare and resurrection of the black two-parent family

the damn liberals did it if they cant win an arguement they call you racist or if they dont get attention they start bringing up racism