What does Sup Forums think of Surveillance Camera Man?

Is he making a valid statement about how people will freak out when a random person films them but allow themselves to be filmed all the time by surveillance cameras, or is he an inconsiderate douche?

youtube.com/#/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
archive.is/SIZl3
reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5k0aud/breaking_i_believe_i_have_uncovered_evidence_that/?
pastebin.com/Avr1mjg2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

man that shit is funny

nice link, faggot

>youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU

He's raising the valid point that people are supposedly ok with mass government surveillance but not with a camera obviously being pointed at them. Exposing their hypocrisy and hopefully making people realise they don't want to be spied on

He's a cunt but his videos are entertaining.

He broke the law when he filmed inside the RV. That's someone's living quarters.

It'd be like zooming in through someone's window on their house while filming from the street. You can't do that, nor can you raise your camera above their fence to film in their backyard. Although you're "in public" these are places where people expect privacy.

Well, I'm pretty sure that's how it works, but different states might have different laws regarding this.

He raises a very valid point here.
>You don't take a video without asking
Yet you let any surveillance camera take a video of you anytime you walk just about anywhere.

This could actually be a good way to get out the word about surveillance. I mean ffs I go into wal-mart and they don't ask me if they can watch me on the cameras but when someone shoves a camera in your face you freak out because you can see that person taking the video.
>The woman in the classroom who calls the police
I don't think you can be arrested for taking a video of someone without their consent in front of their face. Sure he was loitering but he wasn't doing anything wrong.

I'm on mobile and took out the "m." just assumed it would work the same.

MERKEL PURPOSEFULLY ALLOWING ISIS TO OPERATE IN THE EU Germany is intentionally allowing ISIS to infiltrate and operate within the EU with the hope that they will create major terror incidents. Merkel wants this to happen so that she can use her newly formed EU Army to occupy Europe and force states to abandon plans to leave the EU.

The recent "suicide" of NATO's Chief Auditor was tied to this as he had uncovered evidence that NATO weapons and armor were being diverted to help supply and equip the new EU Army, which is already partially formed and operational:

archive.is/SIZl3

Plebbit:
reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5k0aud/breaking_i_believe_i_have_uncovered_evidence_that/?

Pastebin:

pastebin.com/Avr1mjg2

Those videos make me so uncomfortable. It's like I really don't want to see people when they aren't ready. It's so different than watching videos of people behaving in certain ways that are worth capturing on camera, like a fight or an argument or something interesting. But it's so weird seeing people being painfully uninteresting. Does that make sense?

I very much like his videos, in fact I will go rewatch them now. I have been a fan of his since he uploaded his originals to liveleak. I really wish he would make more.

He only films silently - and gets such reactions from everyday people - I consider his videos artwork.

>random surveillance cameras filming me
almost no chance anyone is going to watch that footage. If they do it's some fat fuck paid $12 an hour who doesn't really give a fuck

>some nut with a phone or handheld camera
he's standing right there screaming at me and will probably put this video up all over the internet where he can edit it any way he likes and put up any sort of description calling me a nazi and an evil person. Won't censor my face if he does put it up and it could very well end up on the 6 o'clock news if he's fucking insane enough.

>tfwywn randomly pretend to be a movie-star for a day because random camera guy finds you

this guy is awesome

Well it's entertaining as hell, so I find it hard to condemn him

That shit is funny af

nice

>surveillance camera
Commonly accepted as a security measure. Sure, there's this whole privacy debate around it, but while you're out and about, you're not really thinking about it.

>Some completely silent dude following you around and filming
Commonly accepted as creep behavior. At best, he's about to pull some dumb prank on you. At worst, he's some sort of a violent lunatic. If you really stretch your imagination, perhaps you could come to a conclusion that it's a satire sketch about surveillance cameras, but bottom line, dude is unresponsive, weird and you're probably better off without him around.

So yeah, he's an inconsiderate douche. I don't think he's autistic enough to believe that the people he's filming are behaving irrationally, he's just doing this for views and notoriety. Basically a just-a-prank-bro degenerate. But his audience is definitely filled with autistic, unintelligent people who are incapable of rational thought. Unsurprisingly, a huge hit on Sup Forums where teenagers with superiority complexes are looking for an excuse to feed said complexes.

I tend to agree with you, I probably wouldn't react much differently than some of these guys if someone was following me around filming me. And I don't think he's really making any sort of profound statement with it.

The reactions are fucking funny though and that's really the only thing that makes this worthwhile.

this is what people are talking about when they say pol is a hurt box

Did I teleport back to 2014 Sup Forums?

Kind of funny but highly autistic.

They're funny alright, but let's call it what it is - a funny prank. Not a profound statement of any sort. The fact that it's portrayed as more than a prank pisses me off.

Actually, even his entire point is fucking idiotic. There's nothing wrong with surveillance cameras in the public. What kind of harm are they doing to you, really? They're not reading your mind. They're only there so if somebody does something criminal or indecent, the police can identify them.

Consider what the vast majority of initial reactions are - "Dude, what are you doing?". People don't notice the camera, they notice the guy holding it. It's only when he says "I'm filming" that they insist he stops filming. They don't necessarily have a problem with being filmed, but the fact that the person behind the camera is behaving weird. Even if they're not afraid he's gonna do something even weirder and accept that he's only filming, they don't know what the footage is for and where it's going. A surveillance camera? You know what it's for, let's not pretend anybody is "collecting data" on you. They just don't want you to piss in public or rob people without fear of being identified.

Real privacy invasion happens online via facebook and similar platforms. It happens when NSA illegally taps your phone because you might be a "subversive". You want to make a statement and fight it out for privacy, at least address the real enemy.

If this guy walked up to me pulling this crap, I'd be even more pissed than his usual victims because I'd know his entire shtick is arrogant, snide bullshit based on shoddy logic.

As it turns out there's no law protecting your privacy in public and in some states during business hours a businesses property goes from private to public.
>My local mall and surrounding parking lot for instance
Meaning if you're in public or on public property you can be filmed without your consent and if you attack them it's assault and you're at fault.

God fucking damn I love america.

You can also look at someone, tell them they're a worthless piece of shit and then insist you were actually insulting the wind. You're still gonna get punched. And then you can insist it was assault and twist the whole thing about how swearing in public should be illegal.

I can see why people are frustrated with him but those cunts attacking the dude and his camera are going too far

I think if you have your private space view-able from public property you have to take reasonable expectation of privacy into account.

like if someone would have to peak over a fence or use some sort of telescopic lens to see inside your home, you have a reasonable expectation of privacy, but if the inside of your home is plainly visible from public space then you don't.