Last Catholic General I'm hosting before Christmas

CATHOLIC GENERAL
I hope you have a blessed Christmas, everyone.

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. As usual, I will be assisting with answering questions and helping people out. I recommend you do the same.

List of recommended Christian movies, music, and books in the following posts. Feel free to add to the lists.

>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/

It is now the fourth week in advent and officially Christmas Eve the majority of the world.
Here are your daily readings for Mass this Saturday.
usccb.org/bible/readings/122416.cfm

Midnight Mass is Christmas Eve night, welcoming in the birth of Our Lord. You can watch it on television live or watch it live online. Here's a source for you:

ewtn.com/tv/live/index.asp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
youtube.com/watch?v=bchmhIdZgys
youtube.com/watch?v=KI7sOZQaSkI
youtube.com/watch?v=JhHBGRr2XDE
youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJFvje29A
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
youtube.com/watch?v=E1IbK4Eq4qs
youtube.com/watch?v=DpvLPmv2FeY
youtube.com/watch?v=853GwPRk19M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Christian music list here. Pic is movies list.

>Marvin Gaye's "God is Love"
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
>Woven Hand's "My Russia"
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
>Om's Pilgrimage Album
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
>Sufjan Steven's "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
>mewithoutyou - Sun and Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
>Young Oceans - ONLY YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
>Bobby McFerrin's Joshua
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
>Psalter's Lord's Prayer
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
>Janelle Monae's Victory
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
>Johnny Cash's God's Gonna Cut You Down
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
>Nick Drake - Pink Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
>Mary Lou Williams - Anima Christi
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
>Dr. C.J. Johnson's "You Better Run"
youtube.com/watch?v=bchmhIdZgys
>Judee Sill's Heart Food
youtube.com/watch?v=KI7sOZQaSkI
>Dave Bixby's "Free Indeed"
youtube.com/watch?v=JhHBGRr2XDE
>The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus' "Beauty After the Fall"
youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJFvje29A

Hymns

>A nice Latin hymn
>Nice Orthodox hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
>A nice Coptic hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
>18th century English hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
>The Lord's Prayer in Swahili, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
>A nice collection of South Pacific Island hymns from the movie The Thin Red Line
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
>Hail Mary in Latin, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
>Hallelujah Chorus done suddenly in the public
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
>Quality Icelandic hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0

Fuck off, Wolfy. This isn't , your bullshit doesn't belong here.

Go fuck yourself, Christcuck.

The pope worships Satan.
There are chambers under the Vatican where initiation rituals that involve child sacrifice are held.

Reposting my Apostolic Christianity recommended books:

>GENERAL

The Bible (Ignatius Study Bible Recommended)
The catechism of your denomination

>accepted English versions of Bible

NABRE
Douay Rheims
RSV

>THEOLOGY

>novice

Introduction to Christianity by Joseph Ratzinger
Scholastic Metaphysics by Edward Feser
The Last Superstition by Edward Feser
The Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton
Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
Mere Christianity
CATHOLICISM by Robert Barron
The Orthodox Way by Kallistos Ware
Outlines of Moral Theology by Francis J. Connell

>intermediate

God: His Existence and His Nature by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange
Natural Theology by Bernard Boedder
The Spirit of Medieval Philosophy by Etienne Gilson
Against Heresies
City of God
Christianity for Modern Pagans
The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church

>advanced

Apologia Pro Vita Sua
Summa Contra Gentiles
Summa Theologiae
On the Incarnation
The Didache
Divine Names by Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite

Part 1/2

Part 2/2
>SPIRITUAL LIFE

>novice

The Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales
Story of a Soul by St. Therese
The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton
Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose
Nihilism - Fr Seraphim Rose

>intermediate

The Interior Castle
Spiritual Exercises by St. Ignatius
Dialogues by St. Catherine of Sienna
True Devotion to Mary
True Devotion to the Holy Spirit

>advanced

The Cloud of Unknowing
The Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross
The Desert Fathers
The Philokalia
The Ladder of Divine Ascent
New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton
The Imitation of Christ by Thomas Kempis

>MEMETICS

Things Hidden Since the Foundation of the World by Rene Girard
I See Satan Fall Like Lightning by Rene Girard

>HISTORICAL/BIOGRAPHICAL

Rome Sweet Home
The Long Loneliness by Dorothy Day
After Virtue
Christendom I: Founding of Christendom
Theology and Social Theory by John Millbank
Ethics and the Limits of Philosophy by Bernard Williams
Life of St.Anthony by Saint Athanasius
Life of St Francis of Assisi by Saint Bonaventure
Silouan the Athonite by Archimandrite Sophrony
The Autobiography of St. Ignatius Loyol

>FICTION

Don Quixote
The Divine Comedy
Paradise Lost
Silence by Shusaku Endo
A Canticle for Leibowitz
Faust
Les Miserables
The Canterbury Tales
The Man Who Was Thursday
The Brothers Karamazov
A Man for All Seasons
The Pillars of the Earth
The Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
Lord of the World
Parzifal
Joseph of Arimathea: A Romance of the Grail
The Arthurian Cycle
Quo Vadis

Glad to see people bumping the thread early.

This is a ridiculous claim, user.

>cathy o'brien

As usual, I will post art and pictures. However, I cannot bump the thread as I'm the OP so I require you guys to keep the thread alive.

Is there a way to impeach the cuck the Catholics call the Pope? He needs to go. Excommunication. Exile. "Permanent" exile. It doesn't matter the "how"; what matters is the "when".

I a'm Armenian Apostolic
What makes me a heretic in the eyes of Catholicism?

First for Lutherans

Read God's Battalions: The Case for the Crusades. Deus Vult

>Chester
>No "Heretics by G.K. Chesteron"

First for Roman Catholics, the superior Catholics.

Tbqh, as long as your a Traditional (Non-Protestant) Nicene branch of Christianity, you aren't seen as a heretic of any sort.

Is there a difference between Roman Catholics and other Catholics?

First for Catholicism being inherently anti-American.

Learn history dumbass there were catholic founding fathers

:)
Now I can fully contribute to the crusade.

That's oriental orthodoxy so mainly it is how God's incarnation is understood that's the big deal. Your belief of miaphysitism compared to our hypostatic union.

Hello friends.

>implying all the founding fathers had their country and ideals with which our country was founded upon in their hearts
The United States is a country of heretics familia, if you can't accept this then you should probably move to Europe, fellate the refugee loving pope and pay to be forgiven for your sins.

Bumpin

youtube.com/watch?v=E1IbK4Eq4qs

(You) nigger

Welcome, user.

Question:

>convert

To Islam or from Islam?

One for you, for Advent

I am saving this Christ-chan image

not catholic, but have this

youtube.com/watch?v=DpvLPmv2FeY

merry Christmas faggots

You guys are fucking dildos. Get the fuck off of Sup Forums

Joel Osteen doesn't live in Africa.

No.
But, seeing your image, if you have problems with Evangelicals then we have much of the thread that can side with you in complaints and stuff.

Hello brothers, please give your support for creating a religion board, here: Many thanks. God bless.

Nope. They're all exactly as stupid.

They were leaving the British isles for not accepting the Anglican Church faggot

Merry Christmas everyone.

>retarded american protestants represent all of christianity

To Islam.

That's what you took away from that?

Merry christmas

Thanks for your support. Merry Christmas.

I'm afraid I think you're all just awful.

Sorry to hear that, user, but you are welcome to chat with us and we're happy to have your voice in the discussion.

Fuck off, dickweed. Religion gets too much credit as it is. Go spout your bullshit on another website. I'd rather see a furry channel, and that's just fucked up. God is a lie.

Help us move off Sup Forums by voting for a religion board here thanks

I do not support a religion board.
Religion plays into all fields of life and so will relate to politics, to the humanities, and so on. A religion board ensures religious themed discussion of topics but not discussion of religion itself besides debate threads. Religious threads should be welcome in all boards and as they are a conditional theme over the topic of the board instead of a new topic themselves.
Okay...?

Atheist, raised catholic, never a protestant for even one second.
>nigger thinks he has intelligent things to say

Ok, we get it. It's not for you. But it's very important to some of us, so just let us have a containment board and we'll leave you in peace. Thanks.

Also, Atheism faggotry belongs on Reddit.

Agreed! Worship the fucking sun!

>this user

Solaire pls go

Why is Ida on there? I didn't really get a pro-Christian message from it...

You're only here because you aren't resolved.

Agreed this is good work user

There were?

>Ida
?

Konnichiwa Wolfie-san!

Merry Christmas everyone and may God bless you all

Are you telling me that with a billion catholics out there, no one's come up with christchan already? There's no other message board to post to already in existence?

Never reddited, never will. Refuse to register to post. Atheism is simply the truth. I don't need a containment board. I'm the voice of reason among the fairy tales. Teaching younger generations to respect religion is scarier to me than only letting them listen to gangster rap. The pure and good Sup Forums doesn't need your type of disinformation. We have our own.

Ida. It's on the movie list. Top right corner.

Did you finish your Initiation yet? I remember hearing about you going through it about a year ago?

Tell me, oh voice of reason: How did the universe come to exist, and why did inanimate material become animate?

Yes, there have always been Catholics in America from the beginning

If only I could be so grossly incandescent..

Ok let's talk. Why is religion scarier to you than rap?

>Muh pure coincidence

Resolved? You think I question my faith still? You're wrong. God is and always has been a meme. He's the original meme, but still a meme. Religions came about out of ignorance in a time when guidance was needed, but a great amount of fear was needed to enforce the guidance, because people are savages, so it became paranormal. I don't doubt myself one bit. I'm here because I hate seeing this bullshit spewed in public.

How do I believe?

Merry Christmas, user.
I hope you get handlights this Christmas.

Well my bad! I was looking at the music section.
I did not arrange the movies section. That

>Atheism is simply the truth.

This is where you showed how ridiculous you are.
Atheism is nothing but a lack of theism. It's synonymous with "not theism". Saying "not theism is the truth" makes zero sense as you didn't substantiate any actual view, you just denied a field of other views.

>this guy's the voice of reason
>he's saying he's not from Reddit

Novice - Level 1

Seven Levels of Kekism

youtube.com/watch?v=853GwPRk19M

It is first important to grasp what you are trying to believe, and in detail.
To begin, what do you think we speak about exactly when Catholics say "God"?

Further, what exactly are you trying to believe?

Attending Latin mass at the Brisbane Oratory at midnight. Anyone ever thought about becoming a priest?

You wouldn't be here if you were sure of yourself. You were attracted to this thread because you were worried. Otherwise you would be disinterested. You're posting these things because you deeply care about how people will respond to them. You need the information.

I can't explain it all, but it sure as hell wasn't a bearded fellow riding a cloud willing it to happen over seven days. That's literally the least-likely scenario.

Don't dismiss the power of happenstance.

Everything in nature obeys laws.
>Except when it was created

Nonsense. Think logically about this. There are few explanations about the origin of things that are logically consistent. We as humans have little to no evidence at all on this matter. You can't possibly call something a "least-likely scenario" and act as though that has meaning. If you're given a choice of 3 doors then you'd be a fool to decide purely on the quality of their handles.

Moreso a monastic than a priest, to be honest. I worry about public speaking quite a lot personally and tend to be slow to gather responses to comments at times. I prefer the quiet and focus on growth and learning in monasticism but my main worry from there is not taking what I have learned and applying it to the community. I wish to help people but if I am cloistered I'm without a means.

I hope you enjoy mass, user. Are you interested in the priesthood?

>You wouldn't be here if you were sure of yourself. You were attracted to this thread because you were worried

u wot
That seems totally random and nonsense, user.

And Catholics would agree so you aren't bringing anything new to the table user.

The talk of probability is all well and good but at least note when an user tries to misinterpret doctrine.

Why not join a community like the oratory or a secular order like the Dominicans? Can have the best for both worlds that way. I am but I have a girlfriend. I don't know what to do user.

Religion is responsible for thousands of years of stifled progress. It teaches that there is an afterlife, which reduces the value of this life and it teaches silly mythology where real science is available. Religion promotes intolerance and hatred while claiming to love everyone. Religion is the greatest dividing factor on this planet. The deaths caused by religion are immeasurable, the suicides committed with the promise of an afterlife and the centuries of torture in the name of god aren't enough to make you question why you're a part of this shit?

If you don't understand my reasoning then just ask. As for what you say about "misinterpreting doctrine": His supposed misconception about God's form was probably just hyperbole. Attacking the overarching sentiment would be fore more effective than just hearkening back to the Bible he doesn't want to read.

Catholics eat crackers worship crackers and swallow cum. They care more about Dah Ah Seven Ah Fish Ah then anything regarding Christmas. They also dont believe jesus did anything (thus the incorrect concept of purvatory) and therefore have no reason to celebrate His birth. Additionally, they worship the faggot cumm eater who thinks sodomy and worshipping the pedophile moohamad are compatible with salvatooon. They suck the cum out of the dick of that penis hat pervert. Catholicism is a lie and cult, and if its adherents do not accept Christ they will burn in hell.

Well I honestly don't know much about them.
What do you know of these groups?

I wish I could give you suggestion for your vocation, user, but the decision of holy orders or marriage is a very personal one. I wish you the best of luck and will pray for you, user. But please do take your time deciding.

What interests you in the priesthood, anyway?

I can define atheism. You scored no points. I would simply identify as rational, but you wouldn't automatically assume that I meant I don't believe in the sky fairy. Rational is a more fitting term, and yes, I don't believe in any other views. I'm not sure how you thought you were getting ahead by stating the obvious. I don't need to substantiate anything; you're the one who believes in superheroes. If I say I saw bigfoot, but said the burden of proof that I didn't was on you, you'd say something stupid like I'm from Reddit again, but you'd also call me out for being a god damned moron. I'm calling you out now, sir. I don't have beliefs to substantiate.

Good to see you're still around mate

Your armchair psychology doesn't work on me, buddy. I was drawn to this thread for the chance to argue with you christcucks, nothing more. The only thing I look for in responses is the chance for rebuttal. You people are fucked up, and it's so popular, that you don't even see how retarded it is.

Assumption.

I feel like I want to become a Catholic but I'm not quite sure where to start. I haven't been inside a church of any kind since I was about 17 and I'm past 30 now. As stupid as it sounds I'm honestly intimidated by the idea of just showing up for mass, because I know there's a lot of kneeling and reciting of prayers and such that I don't know how to do. I'm afraid if I draw even the slightest bit of attention to myself my autism is going to kick in and I'm going to start shitting spaghetti all over the place. How does a non-Catholic go about becoming Catholic?

The only reason that you want to argue is that you want to learn. Your posts are needy and incomplete. You've been sticking to this thread like a bug, hoping for people to respond to you. If you weren't needy then you would wait for a comically poor argument instead of sticking your head out like that.

You are incapable of even proving what existence is. Everyone is. Let alone how it was created or who created it. Saying chance created a hypothesized to be infinite fractal is idiotic at best.

That's not a good analogy. My judgment isn't based on appearances. Of the two main choices, the big bang is ridiculously consistent with a retarded amount of scientific evidence. Alternately, a dude on a cloud thought it all into existence in a week. Is it really hard to see which one is least likely?

This is absurd and shows a lack of understanding of the topic:

Ignoring the reference of the "religious dark ages" meme, the vast majority of what you said isn't intrinsic to "religion" itself, let alone Abrahamic religions specifically or even the majority of any one of those 3 Abrahamic ones.

Your criticism is details and involves a lot but is so wrapped up in criticisms to specific groups that it fails to be meaningful to anything outside of it. And remains too dense to work through the stupidity of it with ease.

Your comment is a more elaborate and impassioned version of those people who hate on r/atheism-types and use their issues of that to attack atheists as a whole.

>His supposed misconception about God's form was probably just hyperbole.

I get what you're saying but my concern is that so little is known of Christianity amongst mainstream atheists that this is likely not a hyperbole. I would say that the wording makes a point of this. But alright, man, I get you.

u wot

>I don't need to substantiate anything

You don't, but you were trying with your lines in The line "atheism is simply the truth" makes no sense unless you're trying to say something about the world but that fact that you didn't substantiate anything but used a completely vague term shows that you have little grasp of what you're speaking about. If you don't want to substantiate a position as true, then don't start doing it. If you start doing, you will be examined. I'd recommend you do not run from people rationally examining your own words.

>I would simply identify as rational

Which is vague and says nothing of the topic you're trying to contend one way or another.

I'm sure most people would like to think they are smart.

Merry Christmas!

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

>And Catholics would agree so you aren't bringing anything new to the table user.
I was raised Catholic and schooled catholic. They believe in creationism.

Your judgment is obviously based on appearances. It's entirely superficial. You completely and utterly lack even an understanding of what the beginning of reality must have been like, yet you side against a logically cohesive explanation PURELY due to how you perceive the people who give you the explanation.

Now let's talk about the Big Bang. Are you saying that it's the origin of reality? How did it happen if there was nothing to begin with? Otherwise it isn't the origin. You still haven't told me how you imagine inanimate matter turned into animate matter, either.

Yes. The bearded fellow riding a cloud was just me being colorful, but I don't care what he looks like; the idea is silly.

The problem with Catholicism is the doctrine changes as the pope speaks. They faith in an "infallible" man is blasphemy.