PHLEGREAN FIELDS CLOSE TO ERUPTION

The supvervolcano below Napels is awakening.

ibtimes.co.uk/magma-rising-underneath-naples-supervolcano-campi-flegrei-reaching-critical-pressure-1597453

I can't find good articles about how that would go down in detail / how big the eruption would be.

Got good sauce on the consequences?

If digits, she blows tomorrow.

Buon Natale

There won't be a supervolcanic eruption because the ice sheets that existed in Europe during the ice age are no longer diverting magma to this area. It will be only a Pinatubo-tier eruption AT MOST (a weaker one is much likelier), and those Pinatubo events happen every 30 to 50 years on average.

Also: Quake close to the fields today.
Not big, pic related, but would a quake be a good catalyst for an eruption?

>2015
>IT'S HAPPENING, YELLOWSTONE IS GOING TO ERUPT
>nothing happens

>2016
IT'S HAPPENING, THE SUPERVOLCANO BELOW NAPELS IS GOING TO ERUPT
>nothing happens

>2016
>You're still a fucking faggot

Only spaguetis would be dumb enough to build a city on top of a volcano.

Too much playing of shadilay made italy go boom.

Also checked

Holy shit, what's the worst possible damage that this bad fucking boy can do? Will Italy cease to exist as a coherent landmass?

The mods are covering it up!

If it happen this might resolve two of the greatest issue in Italy: Napels and the incoming niggers.

OH VESUVIO LAVALI COL FUOCO!!!

free padania when?

i deleted it myself, ahmed

You tried to cheat kek, heretic!

(Czech'd)
i deleted it because i was supposed to get digits on that post, mate

Trying to find info on that but it seems to be just not there.

Maybe it is just impossible to predict what would happen?

it's only what you deserve, Europe.

I'm just waiting for Sicily to explode and take every rapefugee on it to hell

I cant into italian.
Are you telling Vesuv to go fuck itself?

Go back to your autism containment site, faggot.

*best possible damage

>Not realizing its happening in 2017

>italy volcano erupts
>explosion causes a mega-tsunami in the Mediterranean
>mega tsunami whipes out north africa and israel
>TENTH CRUSADE RIDES THE WAVES
>10 hours in microsoft paint
post yfw this happens

I'm inclined to agree with this guy, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal in italy except for people losing their homes and a mild ash cloud over italy, if it were supervolcano level surely people in the government would be preparing for the worst?

topkek

Let's grab the boards!

kek

this is meta-nihilism, for the edgy kids, where we cheer destruction for frogs!

Digits confirm.

Governments don't like to spread panic, especially not when they'd have to evacuate loads of people.

So it's easier to feign naivety after the fact and deal with the problems when they have appeared.

Also quite a bit of uncertainty when it comes to volcanoes, and if they did take necessary measures and it didn't blow people would be pissed. Especially now that it's Christmas.

>yfw Jupiter is coming back to slay rapefugees

Fuck you fags. My wife lives in Italy with her family.

They'd be more pissed if their relatives were dead, and the Italian government would have a real hard time explaining away a V.E.I. 7 explosion.

it will affect only muslim countries lol

>The most recent dating determines the eruption event at 39,280±110 years BP[4] and results of 3D Ash Dispersion Modelling published in 2012[5] concluded a dense-rock equivalent (DRE) of 300 km3 (72 cu mi) and emissions dispersed over an area of around 3,700,000 km2 (1,400,000 sq mi).

Mh sounds quite big.

Fuck I felt that, it was literally shaking

As someone with neapolitan eritage i hope in a total holocaust.

Fuck you cunt. The south has some of the best people.

>But the real killer could be the massive super underground volcano called the Phlegraean Fields that could cause “a complete catastrophe at a global scale, with millions of casualties, strong climate changes, perhaps causing a small ice age, and sterilization [contamination] of several hundred thousand square kilometers of European land for centuries,” according to Giuseppe De Natale, head of the National Observatory for Geophysics and Volcanology.

Uh, guys ...

>my wife
>her family

Jesus man, you don't know what you're talking about.

The whole volcano isn't likely to go up at once. Most likely event will be a breach northeast of Astroni probably a VEI5.

But Naples proper is fucked regardless.

fucking hell