Why hasn't the standard of living increased for the West in the last ~50 years...

Why hasn't the standard of living increased for the West in the last ~50 years? Every generation is supposed to have it better than the last but this clearly isnt the case for the last two generations

Jews

it did we have iphones and teh internet now

>iphones
>fb
>youtube
>tumblr
>Instagram
>tech all in your pocket
>welfare
>apple

wait, did you just say our lives haven't got any better since the degenerate 1950s?

BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL FUCKING WHITE MALES
ABOUT TIME YOUR PRIVILEGES GOT CHECKED

>Why hasn't the standard of living increased for the West in the last ~50 years?

Weird, that's about the same amount of time since Western governments dropped the gold standard. What an odd coincidence.

>Jews

Yeah right. I don't see jewish people going around mugging and harassing people.

blame greedy rich people

>blame greedy rich people
aka jews

/thread, and nice trips.

White women have more access to dick than ever before, of course it became better!

Some parts of the economy are far more affordable for the lower class people. Food, manufactured goods, and healthcare have generally gone down in cost to produce. However, things like real estate have gone up because those things were traditionally paid for over generations and passed down so that the burden of housing had little impact on discretionary income.
If you want more discretionary income then you need to cut taxes, eliminate public services through the government, and destroy inheritance tax.

Left wing policies holding shit back

>le troll

Good one, most of things are a net negative on humanity.

so old people and poor people are to blame?

Capitalism

That's because they use your government to mug you aka tax dollars going to subsidize their businesses and bailouts for when they ruin your economy.
Not to mention plain old usury.

>rich people mug and harass people
>this is what bongs actually believe

Your glorious muslim overlords taught you well.

only stupid people breed and breeding has recently become more accessible now that nobody dies.

Because after the post war there were lot of manual labour jobs that don't exist any more.

Those jobs were just a post war phenomenon. They got one generation from poverty into the middle class. That's over. It's not happening any more. Now those middle class are going back into poverty.

The natural state of society if for most people to be poor with a very tiny middle class.

>I'd rather starve to death as a communist

Not all of us are as cucked as you sven.

>left wing policies

Kek
typical fucking burger showing his ignorance

We haven't been Capitalists in anything but namesake. You can't have Capitalism with regulations that stifle competition and when governments intervene in the freemarket.

>increase in technology automatically means higher standard of living

Average worker pay in real wages has stagnated for decades despite increasing profits and production. We've imported a million spics a year since the early 70s, we've allowed companies to send their factories over seas because they didn't want to pay people more than a couple bucks a day, and automation is destroying many jobs and will continue to do so. Also when women entered the labor force en masse it effectively halved the value of labor. Just because transistors are getting smaller doesn't mean shit isn't totally fucked.

Brown people

Do you have proof?

Jew re a minority that have been living through shit since, forever.

Did you know that Hitler chemically killed 13m of them?

14 year old now carry around devices that can not only connect them with any other human being on the planet, but also answer any question they could possibly ever have via search engines. It will soon be possible to purchase cars that drive themselves. You can buy what ever you like, so long as you have the money, without even having to get out of bed. I can tell the exact temperature of any city in the world, without having to poke my head outside or listen to the t.v. Beds have gotten comfier, food has gotten tastier, travel has gotten faster. You would be hard pressed to find a single thing that hasn't improved since the 50's. Even newspapers are more colourful for fucksakes.

>Sent from my heated shitter on my global alien device.

>tldr pic related

>Did you know that Hitler chemically killed 13m of them?
No it was 10x more than that you anti-Semite

Yeah. Jews, basically.

>Every generation is supposed to have it better than the last

That line of reasoning is nonsense

i dont use any of that aside from youtube which i dont even use often. i wouldn't mind some gibs but that's been gutted here

50 years for this? what a waste

Old people did not set up the future generation better off then they were; unlike most generations in the past where people had a moral duty to leave the world better then they received. Poor people are generally lower IQ and make foolish choices, but governments making choices for them 99.9% of the time come out worse then if they made those decisions themselves.
However the stagnation is hidden by technological advancements creating a boost in our wealth, but if that wealth is spent without investing it for the future generations our posterity will be worse off then us.

THINGS ARE SO GOOD IT'S THE FUTURE
WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING GOY

The supply of labour doubled while the demand stayed the same.

>internet exists
>nearly constant internet access available on consumer devices more powerful than the most powerful computer in 1966

is this a rhetorical question?

most billionaires are jewish

just wanna play the blame game desu

>using that version of the pic.

>the internet makes up for vastly increased difficulty in finding a stable career, starting a family, and owning property

I don't think so

>implying that jew would be reading Mein Kampf

It's really just a milk problem. Blame da Joos, boomers, the internets, smart phones and niggers if it makes you feel better but you will be better equipped to face a bleak future with plenty of milk. I am guessing your own milking cow would be best.

By nearly every metric the standard of living has gone up since the 50's. Get your head out of your ass.

maybe in your third-world shithole

I'm talking about the US obviously.

Prefer this version

ask singaporeans or swiss how to make a country you dumb politized retards

>And I yelled to the Rabbi, "Yo heeb, pay ya later."

I'd unironically say the standard of living has decreased.

the price of essentials like housing, food and healthcare have skyrocketed, while wages stagnate.

in the 1980 for instance a masters degree from a state school cost an older coworker of mine

My father bought a house in Surrey by 23 just doing shoe cobbling and gardening in 1983. To argue that the average standard of living is higher than even 15 years ago is full fucking retard. Being unable to raise a family in a property bought mortgage-free by 30 is proof enough. Access to the internet which exponentially increases inequality does not count as a major improvement equivalent to now having to pay 50% of your income to afford London rent even as a solicitor, accountant or doctor.

I make use of absolutely none of the items in your list and consider them all about as useful and cheap as a packet of Haribo sweets.

> a house
> a stable job
> a sub-60 minute commute
> affordable health care
> affordable child care
> natural food
> good education system
> rational public discourse
> no foreign wars
> low personal debt
> low national debt
> opportunity
> community
> marriage
> work
> purpose
> leisure
> hope

This are all things which matter to me, and to most people. And most people have lost all of these in one way or another over the last 40 years. Our society is dying and you gaze at digital baubles as it decays all about you. And even your tech toys are now getting shoddier every single year.

Our lives are poorer. We are poorer. Let the end come.

the jews

>Having nice things makes your life better
Retarded. Being able to afford nice things makes your quality of life better. Not actually having those things.

no culture, no jobs, no education, no family, no wealth.

I got an iPhone though! It enables my internet addiction and since i've been using it since I was an adolescent I don't know how to have a conversation or socialize.

demokratniks
liberals
lay-boor party

>pansie assholes basically

>Every generation is supposed to have it better

Says who?

It doesn't just magically happen because you say it.

>13m of them?

How problematic.

It was atleast 100 million.

The standard of living has increased exponentially for the people at the top. You do want the people at the top to have money so they'll give you a job, right?

/Thread

These have ruined relationships and turned women into lying cheating "uncontrolable" sluts.
Before they could easily be caught cheating. Now there are 5+ dudes blowing up any moderately attractive girls phone.

>You do want the people at the top to have money so they'll give you a job, right?
true, yet they also approve of importing billions of shitskins to take all the jobs

>huge banks
>record profits for corporations
>refusal to hire
>hoarding of profits

I.E. The Jews.

How many great empires have to fall before people realize the problem. From the egyptians, to the romans, to the Germans, the money lenders have reduced every great empire to ashes. It was only aatter of time that the greatest empire known to history would be infected with Jewry.

Funny you mention tech. So many women and minorities in it now. Could this be correlated?!? Really oodling my noodles on this..

>So many women and minorities in it now
and most of them are fucking useless, a few good ones, but not many

Because the concept of capital actually stagnates after a certain point. So all the wealth gets tied up and then all growth goes heavily to those same areas. Capitalism is without doubt the best form of economic policy because it allows everyone to reach the top at the balanced stages of it. The issue is that we aren't at the balanced stage of it. We essentially need to wipe the slate clean and have a do over.