Is agnosticism just a less autistic version of atheism? And is it underrated?

Is agnosticism just a less autistic version of atheism? And is it underrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Agnosticism is the only logical choice. To deny a creator is to claim you know something you clearly can not know, and to claim a creator with certainty is also to claim you know something you clearly can not know.

To have faith in god is to have faith in the men who told you about the god.

To have faith in the lack of a god is to have faith that you know more than is possible.

Would it be accurate to say that agnosticism is in the shadow of atheism?

People have a problem admitting they don't know something. Atheism is mostly a result of this. The problem with Atheism is that it requires a leap of logic just as religion does.

1. Believe in religion
2. realize religion could be made up
3. If religion is a lie, the exact opposite must be true.

The logical flaw is in step 3, just because something may not be true, doesn't mean the exact opposite is true. Agnostics stop at step 2, atheists proceed to step 3 because they are stubborn and have to be "correct", they can't admit they simply don't know.

No. Atheism is when you factor in the physical impossibility of all of reality being the result of a conscious being and the probability of such a baseless assumption being true. Agnostics on Sup Forums are cowards who refuse to accept this just so that they can avoid a label that gives them bad feels and it helps them believe they fit in on an imageboard dominated by loud retards.

How do you know there's not some sort of spirit world?
How do you know that the Universe wasn't created along with (insert god(s))?

Quantum theory / String Theory / Relativity theory all allow for the possibility of beings that exist in planes higher than our own.

>the physical impossibility

You don't know the first thing about physics. You don't even understand that time is a physical dimension.

>they can't admit they simply don't know.
Thank you for providing the example of this.

While being agnostic about the whole "is there a creator" question, someone can also be tending towards being a theist.

Can't prove god exists
Can't prove god doesn't exist

yes, and yes.

Yeah I know about theists
I actually know a guy that's a theist and he's mega chill.

The same reason I know there isn't a giant pudding in the core of the earth. I've not visited the core of the earth, you haven't visited the core of the earth so neither of us can say either way going by witness alone. Would it be reasonable to expect you to believe in this pudding just because lots of other people do?

You have to ask yourself, what are the chances, fifty-fifty? You also have to admit that it's all just impossible anyway.

>You don't know the first thing about physics.
>Quantum theory / String Theory / Relativity theory all allow for the possibility of beings that exist in planes higher than our own.

You making jokes here, son?

>People STILL think you can be just agnostic.

Agnostics are just atheists/theists (usually atheists) who are too cowardly to admit what they actually are.

Mankind has not settled on a remotely universal idea of what God actually is much less verified it. After several thousand years it looks trite to carry on with it.

No, Agnosticism is just a meme getout clause for someone who doesn't want to have to defend their beliefs.

Hell, the majority of Atheists aren't even gnostic about it. Richard Dawkins is an agnostic-atheist because he cannot be 100% certain there is no God.

le hat meme has been extraordinarily effective. Only shows how spineless a lot of Atheists are.

aka Russell's Teapot.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

I look at agnosticism as a transitional state rather than an endpoint. Sooner or later agnostics decide that they are theist, atheist, or else give up and avoid the subject altogether.

I agree with agnostic atheism because it is more humble. I would say that agnostic theism is as wise a stance to take from the other side.

A critical and skeptical mind should still remain open-minded.

This

It is extremely arrogant to say that your idea of the history and inner workings of the universe is correct and that no one else's idea could be correct when no one has any proof about anything

Religion should only be a means of promoting a certain lifestyle, not any particular belief system. Atheism is the same way; it just advocates for hedonism rather than anything rational.

That's how it usually is outside of Sup Forums. People say they're agnostic because they're confused and also don't really know what agnostic means.. Here, however, people are afraid of being "edgy" or want to try to be superior to both sides, so they bastardize the term agnostic.

I consider myself an agnostic theist. I lean more to believing there's probably something, but I really don't know. The fact that the lifestyle component of religion helps drive humanity towards the better is one the the main reasons I lean towards theism.

Wishy washy bullshit, there is no god, live with it.

>agnosticism
>"I think there is no evidence to prove or disprove the existence of God therefore I take no position"
>"I'm not gonna be using this reasoning anywhere else in my life though, just for the God question"
Agnosthicism is the dishonest retarded version of atheism used by arrogant faggots who think they are above everyone else.

>making shit up

YOU don't know physics.

>can't prove the spaghetti monster doesn't exist
>what is the burden of proof

There is no god, get over it lads.

Any belief you carry is fine if you do it quietly. Being an agnostic means you understand that there isn't definitive proof for or against a creator.

Agnosticism is generally how you say "I have the exact same beliefs as an atheist but I don't want to get into petty arguments"

The problem with all these internet atheists is that they've taken babby's first red pill and they think that's something to be proud of. So suddenly they've got it into their heads that they're le skeptic, that they have no preconceived biases about anything and that all of what they believe is the most reasonable thing to believe.

Even as an atheist myself who really just wants people to stop believing in silly things, these e-sceptics rub me the wrong way. Their take on secularity is crude and lacks all nuance. They're right that there's no god and that for all we know there is only the material but that doesn't mean it's healthy for human beings to live purely material lives filled with hedonism and nihilism. They don't REALLY apply scepticism to everything; they're completely oblivious to that huge assumption that they always make.

>Is agnosticism just a less autistic version of atheism?

I agree with that, but atheists will try to tell you the opposite.

>hedonism
>nihilism
>having anything to do with atheism
That's not atheism you dipshit. You don't need religion to give life meaning or live a moral life.

Sup Forums will tell you that its a bitch ass version of Atheism, but do not believe this
Agnosticism is rational and open minded version of denying God. Its everything atheism claims to be yet never practices- scientific.
t. Christian

The God question is practically the only meaningful question in which there is no evidence one way or the other. Your logic is completely inapplicable

That's not what I said, retard. So go tell that to the people I was talking about.

What's the one where you just don't give a fuck what you retards shit all over each other for?

Apathetic agnosticism is preferred.
>I don't know.
>You don't know.
>Nobody knows.
>Its impossible to know.
Since you can't know it doesn't matter and just live your fucking life.

I hope you are trolling. Agnosticism has nothing to do with theism. Do you believe in god? yes -> you are a theist. no -> you are an atheist. "We can't know for certain" is an answer to a completely different question.