Elon Musk is full of shit, maybe if he fixed self-service checkouts first, I might actually believe the stuff he says

Elon Musk is full of shit, maybe if he fixed self-service checkouts first, I might actually believe the stuff he says.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/people/elon-musk-donald-trump-advisory-council-a7474416.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you too retarded to use one

Your handler should be helping you then

I was in a huge queue today, literally everyone had issues.

>please place the item into the bagging area (it's already in the bagging area)
>manned missions to Mars

Pick one

THIS
H
I
S

Self checkouts are great. Better than any slow retard making minimum wage milking the clock

Everything Elon musk says is just hype to get stupid people to invest in his companies (the only way they actually are in business along with government handouts). In fact, all the science fiction tech worship crap in popular science publications have this goal.

>i don't want to bag this item button
Retard

Didn't work, pressed that

>please wait for assistance

The guy was ran off his feet

Just correctly place the item in the bagging item, shit-for-brains. It's not that difficult to know where to place the item so the system recognizes it.

>THANKS, THAT'S SCANNED, PUT IT IN THE BAGGING AREA
don't get lippy with me bitch

Weighing scales have to zero. This is the main problem. You also get lock-outs that staff have to use a barcode to override.

These things are great for stealing.

When they were first introduced here they used to weigh everything after you scanned it and fuck you over if things didn't match.

But Based Aussies complained about it so much all the supermarkets have disabled that feature now and you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Correct. His companies are entirely propped up by government contracts and shady inter-business loans.

He's a sham.

This solution is inferior and will not have widespread success.

Actually the way to go forward is that people put goods in their basket and walk out of the shop. Sensors will automatically see what you have bought. And it will be directly taken from the credit card that you gave the shop before. You can only take a basket with a fingerprint sensor if your card is working and it recognized your fingerprint.

Robots will fill the items if they are low in the shelfs. Autonomous vehicles will bring goods to the markets and robots will take them out of the vehicles. Cleaning will also be done by robots. The stores will be open 24 hours and totally videomonitored. Only registered customers will be able to enter the shop. Unauthorized people will be immediatly evacuated by the police. And without basket you can not gain access to the shop in the first place. Engineers will maintain the supermarket if there is an emergency. Basically replaced hundreds of low skilled workers with 5 guys.

Shoot the fucking thing? Oh wait..

>elon musk is a genius for using 30 year old battery tech on a car

You are all faggots, he made a car with a lot of laptop batteries and made it look nice to cuck all the retards who fell for the luxury meme on cars instead of reliability.

Stop putting erroneous shit on the scales you unrefined yellow toothed monkeys.

Did you now you can mute those fuckers? It is so much better without that fucking fake voice nagging me.

>This solution is inferior and will not have widespread success.
Dude these things are in every major store now.

Yeah but it will not replace the normal checkouts completly its also way too inconvenient. And still there is someone to monitor those things.

>Ever trusting (((Elon Musk)))
>A futurologist who can't see a week down the line, an inventor still yet to invent anything of any worth and a "billionaire" based on the Ponzi scheme he conducts on the (((government)))

I don't care what this shitty thread about I just like to point out that (((Musk))) is a fraud. Expect him to go "bankrupt" next year when Trump tells him to go fuck himself.

You are a complete retard. I use self-checkouts nearly every time I shop and have no problems.

>Actually the way to go forward is that people put goods in their basket and walk out of the shop. Sensors will automatically see what you have bought. And it will be directly taken from the credit card that you gave the shop before.

That would be great.

Unfortunately it requires the chipping of an extreme amount of goods large and small, assumes it will code right over millions of goods and that your losses won't be immense from people with RF shielded bags walking out with goods.

The reason self-checkouts aren't sweeping stores is because customers can't be trusted to be smart enough to use them right and to not steal.

"But people steal now!" you say.

Yes, and they're even more inclined to steal from machines.

Not to mention the elderly or technically challenged. We can't get people to use RF cards correctly in stores now. Even young people.

>Robots will fill the items if they are low in the shelfs.
>Only registered customers will be able to enter the shop. Unauthorized people will be immediatly evacuated by the police.

What a fucking fantasy.

The problem isn't the technology as much as human beings. Your pipedream won't come true because the niche of people who can figure out and bother working with fingerprints and RF chipping to go to a fucking grocery store is too small to support one.

>And still there is someone to monitor those things.
As long as there are niggers this will exist. Someone has to oversee the operation. Once Niggers figure out how to scam that amazon store setup you are talking about it will go to having "security" instead of "clerks".

>Anecdotal evidence
>Ammounting to anything

Self check out is supposed to allow one clerk to operate multiple stations. Unfortunately many stores won't have a clerk actually at the self check out machines, or the clerk sucks. So when you have a problem. There is no one with admin rights to help you.

a true automated system would use rfid tags. Your cart is scanned on the way out and your account is billed.

>an inventor still yet to invent anything of any worth
Dude landed a rocket on a moving barge standing straight up. Yes his business is a sham but give credit where it is due.

Pic related is the Space X Commercial space port under construction near the mexican border.

Says mr.nobody

>or the clerk sucks.
They are always off chit chatting to someone. ALWAYS.

'Please place the item in the bagging area.'
*unsheaths Katana*

Ok maybe you are right. But how about this: There are no shops.

You order in the internet and the goods will be delievered via drone within 45 minutes. There will be landingpods hanging out of windows where the drone can land if you live in a higher floor. Or in big apartment buildings dedicated landing pads where you can collect your items.

>not living in based NYC and getting your all of your groceries delivered for free.

"Nothing personnel, kid"

>30 year old battery tech

>Expect him to go "bankrupt" next year when Trump tells him to go fuck himself.

>independent.co.uk/news/people/elon-musk-donald-trump-advisory-council-a7474416.html

yes. Whoever designed these was obviously a marxist. People will go to great lengths to avoid work.

Tesla are not luxury cars. Its more like a BMW 3 Series or C class from the interieur. Also they are very reliable as they simply have less parts that can break. No Oil or other liquids to fill. Just a few batteries and two simple electromotors. Reliability is for people who do have to budget their money and can not go to the dealership every 6 months.

Not an argument.

>use anecdotal evidence
>counter-anecdotal evidence offered
>complain it's anecdotal evidence

I like them. Here, everyone who over 50 can't use any device with more than two buttons, so there is no queue.

Amazon is making that store in San Fran where you just take what you want and are charged through your phone as you leave. No registers needed. Too bad minorities will prevent this from becoming mainstream.

>Christmas eve
>expecting everything to work perfectly

I've been using self-checkouts for years, the only problem comes from when they're placed next to exits in windy areas as this throws off the weight sensors, which is a human error in floor placement.

I never struggle with these. Must suck to be retarded.

But then you will have to live in Jew York.

It's easier in theory to plan a trip to Mars than to build one of these :)

>Shopping the day before Christmas
That's what you get, retard.

Here come the paid tesla shills

How fucking lazy are you? I live in Queens and have access to that service too but it's fun to walk to the local market, see things you need and some you forgot you need, new shit and inspirations and flirting with the Dominican cashiers.

>leaf

Those things are always a pain in the ass here.
Either they cant take cash, or they cant take cards. They are alays broken somehow.
I scan the item and put it in the bagging thing and it freaks the fuck out and makes me wait for the cashier that is never there but is on the other side of the store talking to other cashiers joking around,
If I try to double bag anything so the new atom thin plastic bags dont rip, it accuses me of shop lifting and make same wait on the cashier again, but sometimes she oks the popup with the handheld before I put the item back down and then it accuses me of shop lifting again.

I went to one a few days ago and it gave a card read error but billed my bank anyway, it then made me go though the checkout process again, billed me again, and had to wait a week to get my money back from the first bill.

Some times I press start and it wont even load, I eventually have to give up and go wait on another one.

When Im trying to pay cash, alot of times it wont recognize our decrepit ass bills and I have to go get them exchanged, or the coin reader is broken and the total is some stupid shit like 10.06 instead of an even number\ so I have to deal with change, I put the money in and the fucking coin reader jams. I've had to sit there while the rebuild the fucking thing.

Did Elon invent these?

>OP makes thread about self checkouts not working
>OP comments on other thread about min wage workers wanting $15/hr, and how they should be replaced by machines.

Top heh

the only people who have trouble with these are old people and undesirables.