Fundamental problems with the 2nd amendment

Whenever I talk to Americans about the relevancy of the 2nd amendment they always use the same old outdated argument,

"We need it to protect ourselves against the government in case it goes rogue".

The problem is that the Americans have not had to deal with a rogue government since they kicked out the British a quarter of a millennium ago. History repeats itself and there most likely won't be a corrupt government anytime in the near future.

Even if there by chance was a corrupt US government, how would average everyday Americans with AR-15's be able to defeat fighter jets, tanks, battleships, nukes, and elite soldiers?

Tl;dr the 2nd amendment is relevant anymore and should be repealed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Riqv-a5NeWM
youtube.com/watch?v=LjqtB9UXZpI
youtube.com/watch?v=d8o4HnBjOhc
youtube.com/watch?v=TluDE3Qb84I
youtube.com/watch?v=2iFo1TrYMq4
youtube.com/watch?v=_F_KuFzjOGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A

>leaf

SAGE GOES IN OPTIONS. IGNORE LEAF BAIT

Oh look...

Valid points. Must discuss further.

>leaf

The short version is this: the only man who does not want you to be able to defend yourself intends to harm you.

i need your script please

The average civilian has little chance against soldiers, sure, but what does that have to do with taking away out guns right now?

>Tfw you've worked on almost all of those jets.

LLLLLEEEAAAFFFFF CCCAANNNCCCEEEERRR

SSSSHHIIIIITTTTPOOOOOSSSSTTT

I'ts gotten to the point where some SJW canadacucks want to get range banned to prevent Sup Forums outreach.

SAGE
IGNORE shill threads.

Saged.

The only things that Americans currently do with their guns is use them to kill other Americans. If guns were totally banned, murder rates would go way down. Americans use the "what if corrupt government" argument all the time and I just disproved that in my original post.

Bitch, just the image for you.

>Shall not be infringed

Not complicated. Don't tread on me leaf...or no more duty free boarder shopping for you.

Stay your station, subservient to a foreign crown, and free rebels beneath you.

Faggot.

>Even if there by chance was a corrupt US government, how would average everyday Americans with AR-15's be able to defeat fighter jets, tanks, battleships, nukes, and elite soldiers?
Exactly in same way desert niggers are defeating "US military" for last 20 years.
USA is using all those fighter jets and tanks in Afghanistan since 2001, but Taliban shows no signs of being defeated.
But fighting on USA soil would be much, much more harder for said jets, since there will be no safe home country where you can make repairs, train new soldiers, make ammunition and so on. Month later after civil war starts, rebels will have plenty of tanks and drones, while government will suffer from widespread desertions, rapid degradation of control, industry, logistics, assassinations of their personnel and so on.

I'm American and I agree. I would be happy if the 2nd amendment was repealed. Every other modern democracy exists find without being awash in guns. Unfortunately, even if gun sales stopped tomorrow, it'd still be years if not decades before an appreciable drop in crime occurred because of it, since there are already so many guns around. Still, that just means we need to start as soon as possible.

>write some code that detects "Canada.gif"
>write some more that posts ">leaf"
>Buy a pass so you don't have a captcha
done

Jets and tanks cant enforce tyranny. Only police can do that. And police can be shot.

Why do the Yakuza prefer pistols to swords? I can't think of a stricter country than Japan on firearms.

Demonstrate to me why americans with ars cant fight that overpriced bullshit ( which they pay for )

When chinks, arabs, and niggers have routinely won against the force wielding them. Your entire argument is flawed from a fundamental level and your willful ignorance is so blatant even you have missed it.

Of course this doesnt bother you since youre a stupid cucking leaf and this is bait.

Grab the rakes! Man the lawns! There is a leaf about.

OP's argument -
>Guberment big and scary
>Surrender

What a cuck.

>how would average everyday Americans with AR-15's be able to defeat fighter jets, tanks, battleships, nukes, and elite soldiers?

Same way Mohammed and Duc did so with AK-47s.

You can't maintain a police state with jets and drones and nukes.

Why not? They're doing it in the Middle East.

lol tank drivers don't get killed if you shoot them
>Even if there by chance was a corrupt US government
HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Everyone in my country hates my government, everyone knows it's corrupt, I know it, you should know it, everyone knows it.
So if the govt became tyrannical we should bend over like you leafs? I'd rather die than live in a totalitarian state, at least I have the chance to take out some totalitarian fucks.
Also Enemy Invasion an armed populace would be better at resisting.

Came here for this

Being such a worthless human being that you have nothing to do but post bait threads on Sup Forums hoping for (you)s

RICE FARMERS
I
C
E

F
A
R
M
E
R
S

"I know it, you know it, everyone knows it"

Typical trump logic, please provide some evidence instead of just saying illogical rhetoric.

they can`t . any "rogue" us gov . would be strongerthan a redneck army . kikes made sure that the "school" system was destroyed by niggers , therefor working class people and ( former ) middle class people will never be able to resist against highly skilled rogue mercs

We would win in the same way rice farmers from Vietnam and goat fuckers from Iraq/Afghanistan have been winning, with Guerrilla warfare. Also, I think a large minority or maybe a majority of the U.S military would defect in the event of a civil war, especially if it's over the 2nd amendment. Would be fun.

And that's going just swimmingly isn't it.

Funny how all replies are just "muh leaf shitposter". Not a single fucking argument. Then again I didn't expect anything more from a burger.

Non-Americans use this argument to rationalize their own cuckdom and get utterly BTFO every single time.

I've come to realize that typing up a thoughtful and well-reasoned explanation is just pissing into the wind, and that trying to explain what not being a cuck means to people who've been cucks their entire lives is no different than trying to explain calculus to a dog -- so all I'll say is,

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

Lobbying is legal in my country.
Also do you not believe in the phrase:
Those who are in power tend to want to remain in power.
And
power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely

Toronto and Montreal should be glassed.

Most leaves that post here are in leftist areas and cities, the majority of the country doesn't even have adequate internet service.

>Even if there by chance was a corrupt US government, how would average everyday Americans with AR-15's be able to defeat fighter jets, tanks, battleships, nukes, and elite soldiers?
trash all maintenance and production facilities.

the american army lasts 1 week before it breaks down from use.

It's for protection of home and property from criminals too, you idiot.

It's more relevant today than it was in 1800.

CAN WE PLEASE BAN THESE FUCKING THREADS FOR FUCKS SAKE EVERY GOD DAMN DAY THIS SAME COPY PASTED BULLSHIT.

MODS WILL BAN THREADS THAT MATTER BUT NOT LITEAL SPAM.

FAGGOT SCUM.

FARGING

You understand the question in Canuckistani terms, my chilly willy friend.
So I will attempt to answer in kind.

Suppose Dudley from up Mooseknuckle way decided to steal your sap buckets and Connibear 110s.
Without even considering to say "Soory."
The gall of that guy...
Why, you'd probably set aside your poutine, wipe savagely yet completely with a hanky, grab your trusty pitch fork and lay into his pasty ass, landing haymakers aboot his neck and shoulders once the rusted steel was irreparably twisted and the hickory splintered.
Or something like that.

Could you understand that our guns mean as much to us as your hockey bats do to you?

No, I suppose not.

So how about, instead, you be glad we're happy down here for a change, and we'll leave you alone for a while longer.

Both those phrases are false

It also ignores the fact that US domestic air fields and army bases are literally along major roads and next to civilian population centers. There aren't any hesco barriers. There's a fence.

Sage and report shitty leaf threads

>a fucking leaf

>history repeats itself.
You just said

If their is the need to overthrow the US power structure/civil war what makes you think the entire US army will support the ruling regime?
Pro Tip: soldiers are people and wouldn't slaughter the country without question. The army would separate and those joining the rebellion would take their equipment with them.

>"We need it to protect ourselves against the government in case it goes rogue".
not true
i just want to be able to protect my family from niggers with illegal guns

I have yet to see one well thought out and intelligent argument. Just a bunch of hate.

well i'm getting armed and ready for the sand niggers.

If you knew anything about the military/soldiers you would know that they are broken down and built back up to kill whoever they are ordered to without question. Also I have a hard time believing that soldiers would let themselves be attacked and killed by people who are revolting, they would defend themselves accordingly.

>false
source
I guess when governments also take more and more control over the years and get more and more control it's just a coincidence.

>Western world constantly funnels in arms and munitions to rebels to overthrow "evil" governments
>You guys don't need guns because our government is good. $100 for questioning our authority
Even a modest rebellion in the US would get really bad, really fast because it would be against a dem president.
Hell, our own military hates Obama. You think many will follow orders to attack the people who hate the same persona as they do?
Killing "rebels" is PR nightmare. Second the media catches wind a non-rebel was killed its game over.
The US highway system is a weakness for the government. A simple accident can cause an hour long traffic jam. What would happen if you put a couple good sized holes on the 405? California and its major cities essentially get shut down due to gridlock.
Lets not forget the amount of foreign influence on that civil war. Russia, China, and Mexico would be lining up to aid rebels. NATO and the UN would be in a pickle. They support the losing side, they're fucked. They support the government, rebels get more emboldened.

same.i don't really care about the government.
I have guns to protect myself and my family from niggers, since cops don't care about shit.

Listen, you fantastically retarded motherfuckers. I’m going to try to explain this so that you can understand it.

You cannot control an entire country and its people with tanks, jets, battleships and drones or any of these things that you so stupidly believe trumps citizen ownership of firearms.

A fighter jet, tank, drone, battleship or whatever cannot stand on street corners. And enforce “no assembly” edicts. A fighter jet cannot kick down your door at 3AM and search your house for contraband.

None of these things can maintain the needed police state to completely subjugate and enslave the people of a nation. Those weapons are for decimating, flattening and glassing large areas and many people at once and fighting other state militaries. The government does not want to kill all of its people and blow up its own infrastructure. These are the very things they need to be tyrannical assholes in the first place. If they decided to turn everything outside of Washington D.C. into glowing green glass they would be the absolute rulers of a big, worthless, radioactive pile of shit.

Police are needed to maintain a police state. And no matter how many police you have on the ground they will always be vastly outnumbered by civilians which is why in a police state it is vital that your police have automatic weapons while the people have nothing but their limp dicks.

BUT when every random pedestrian could have a Glock in their waistband and every random homeowner an AR-15 all of that goes out the fucking window because now the police are out numbered and face the reality of bullets coming back at them.

If you want living breathing, examples of this look at every single insurgency that the U.S. military has tried to destroy. They’re all still alive and kicking with nothing but AK-47s, pick up trucks and improvised explosives because these big scary military monsters you keep alluding to are all but fucking useless for dealing with them.

There are plenty of non-lethal tools you can use to defend yourself and your family such as taser guns, mace, airsoft rifles, training in MMA tactics, etc. Don't need to kill to protect yourself.

You wouldn't even need holes. 3 people in 3 cars stopping in the road would cause hours of gridlock and create a pinch point on any interstate.

Just basing that on the fact that 90% of the traffic I sit in, is due to retards not moving the fender benders out of the travel lane.

>>how would average everyday Americans with AR-15's be able to defeat fighter jets, tanks, battleships, nukes, and elite soldiers?

There is an area in Tomson Georgia that's a maintenance area with trucks and tanks. It's literally across the street from a highschool with no one guarding it. You can spot them on google earth.

A big enough coup would split the government in half then they would need to instantly recruit these people if they expect to win. They can't expect to win if all they have are conscientious objector and faggot Euros/Leafs cucks who don't even know what a gun looks like or which end it fires from.

The yellow cross does not protect against negro

Wow another post again, tonight.
If you spent half as much energy working to fix the problems in your own country-you might still have a country.

The second amendment will be around long after canada is gone.

If there was ever a civilian uprising in the US I would cross the border and join the US military. Millions of Canadians would also do that and I'm betting people from other countries would join up with the US military to defend the country from rebels.

Airsoft?
Fucking Airsoft?
I really hope you meant a BB gun
A small round hollow plastic pellet is launched by air
that will not do shit against 2 regular jackets.
>MMA
kek this fucking leaf doesn't even realize if guns are illegal criminals will use them.

Yeah the fucking leafs knows more about America's armed forces then Americans. The American Military is not centralized, it's many Generals have say over what happens and not all will side with the ruling system. There has already been threads about this more informative then this SnowKike shill thread.

Your thread isn't orginal, An American Civil War has already happened so my government knows enough about how this goes down and has eveb planned for it.

I don't own guns or particularly like them. If a repeal of the second amendment actually became realistically possible I would listen to arguments in favor of repealing it.

However my main issue is that there are huge HUGE number of people all over the country who own them and use them safely. Whenever you get major gun control efforts like handgun bans, they are almost always in cities that contain certain groups who cannot be trusted with guns. Why should the aforementioned people be forced to lose their right to gun ownership just because others can't use them responsibly? Why should law abiding Americans be punished for the actions of criminals? It just seems ridiculous.

Someone should photoshop a Mike and Ike's box so it says "Kike & Ike's" and have a star of David in one corner and a Canadian flag on the other

In the event of a civil war do you really think the power grid will stay up?
>Fighter jets are useless without electricity
The terrain in many parts of America will make tanks/ jets completely useless.
It's not just the American government we have to worry about.
>The reason America won the Revolutionary War was because of an armed populace.
>So, what happens if Russia or China decides to invade us and the people don't have weapons?
Protecting yourself is a fundamental right, not just from governments but from dindus and mudslimes trying to rob you or rape your children.
youtube.com/watch?v=Riqv-a5NeWM
youtube.com/watch?v=LjqtB9UXZpI
youtube.com/watch?v=d8o4HnBjOhc
youtube.com/watch?v=TluDE3Qb84I
youtube.com/watch?v=2iFo1TrYMq4
youtube.com/watch?v=_F_KuFzjOGA
Owning weapons is a fundamental right in order to feed yourself.
>What are you gonna do if the infrastructure does go down and you can no longer go to a grocery store to get your hormone filled mystery meat?

>Now fuck off leaf, I know this is bait... but this is for other people who do care.

Daily reminder that Canadians can blow dogs legally

>Don't need to kill to protect yourself.
sure I fucking do. its not some fucking game.
if someone breaks into my house and family feels threatened they are dead. i'm not going to chase someone and gun then down but if they try anything stupid, good night nigger.

Fuck off leaf.
Sage.

Lol what a cuck

I'm sure all you limp wristed city dwelling faggots who are afraid of guns would do a fat lot of good

Good goy!

2n amendment would have been extremely relevant if Criminal Hillary got elected, after bribing FBI and Attourney General and rigging the election and such.

>rorshacks journel. shitposters on Sup Forums posts picture of frog and calls me a newfag.
>this website is afraid of me. i have seen its true face

Based

You don't have to win to present the deterrent of resistance.

> there's never a need to overthrow your own government goy

> lol liek that's totally impossible haha

> except if you're Syria, Libya, Russia etc then you should overthrow your government

> haha

Yeah if Civil War happened, the military would fragment. Rival power structures would rapidly try to seize as much military infrastructure as they can in different regions and organize their own armies.

The conditioning soldiers receive don't turn them into absolute robots. Soldiers all over the world often waver when forced to fire on their own and the same would happen here.

The only way I can see a full fledged military dictatorship is in an environment of extreme poverty where the army is practically the only way to be fed. Like in North Korea. Or if the whole military is drug addicted and only the government has the drugs. That scenario gets played out in sci-fi novels sometimes.

The Northwest Front going to take Vancouver Island away from you and make it into a White Ethnostate. Prepare to defend yourself!

It isn't just to fight the government if they go rogue, it's also to fight militant groups/governments that might attempt to become the government through acts of terrorism/invasions.

It's not likely going to happen, but it's better to accept that it might happen if the government mismanages itself that poorly.

Battleships
>don't use them anymore
Armored cars and tanks and guns
>ricepaddy farmers beat us with aks and will power
Also the goberment is made up of the ppl
Youd be hard pressed to find us soldiers willing to kill us citizens I'm sure more than a few generals and pilots and soldiers would defect
Tldr op is retarded

Jesus Christ. I'm going to start copypasting my answers to these fucking threads.

First of all, leaf, we don't intend to defend ourselves individually against the military might of the US government. Our firearms are for defending ourselves against
>criminals
>negroes in the throes of anarchy
>organized crime
>corrupt police who abuse their power and who the city/state/federal government can't bring a case
>corrupt judges who abuse their power etc.
>government military detachments who seek to come to our communities and herd us off into FEMA camps because we're a "problem"

We're not...going to war with the Marine Corps. For fuck's sake.

Sure... let me get within a yard distance so I can taze/mace or use those fancy blackbelt MMA moves I learnt on television.

Better yet, don't do anything at all. Robbers have a sense of honor. They won't kill anyone as long as you give them the money and allow them to rape your wife.

You're a fucking dead head drop kick

If there is a precedent already set that just so happened to be the catalyst for the creation of the nation, it's reasonable to assume that the culture is intrinsically tied to it
Just because there hasn't be an overt enough display of disdain for the population by government to warrant armed rebellion citing their constitutional right to in X years, it doesn't mean you can assume the danger has been scrubbed from humanity and government is beyond it forever into the future, in fact the reason it might not have happened to date is because of the 2nd amendment existing as a deterrence, if you remove that safety net then there is nothing stopping government from enacting their will, regardless of how far it deviates from law or their actual jurisdiction

You can deal with all those things using non-lethal methods.

>The terrain in many parts of America will make tanks/ jets completely useless.
Exactly! Even the fucking Taliban can hide from drones! Let's face it, a rebellion in America in this day and age would be Taliban tier.
>Hiding in the mountains
>Only coming out to raid military installments
>Blending in with a crowd and bombing shit they think is important enough to bomb
Yeah, the nigger sounds like a Toronto poster

source?

My source? Common sense. You don't need to kill to defend yourself from another person. Just render your attacker immobile and wait for police to arrive to handle the situation.

but what you don't understand is that we have guns and guns work just fine, there is no need for non-lethal methods.

I know how to bring down aircraft with small arms fire your argument is invalid

Let me add that the point of an armed populace isn't that you'll have to fight them, it's that they have THE MEANS to defend themselves....any military officer who is ordered to "Go into that town and arrest all of the citizens and take them by force to internment camps out in the desert." is going to have to look at the situation:
>Ukraine 1933 - "No problem. We'll starve them to death for defying Stalin".
>Canada - "No problem. All their men are trembling sissies, and all they have is shotguns"
>USA - "I think that might be a problem, sir. Those people have rifles and will shoot back at us. Are you sure you want to have a shooting war on US soil with our own people? How many soldiers are you willing to lose? How many dead Americans do you want on the front pages?"

Sure you can buddy. Sure you can. But I don't really care if my enemy survives the encounter, I want the threat to my life, family or property terminated immediately if not sooner and to do that magnum calibre guns have a consistent and reliable history of putting down homicidal niggers regardless or whatever drugs they be on.

For one, most Americans carry guns to protect them and their families from criminals, police response time doesn't necessarily mean guaranteed safety.

Second, the reason as to why there have been no major revolts is due to the fact that the government is afraid to incite anything. They're constantly under pressure BECAUSE of this amendment, once you take it away, they feel free to do whatever.

Also the military would never put up with the bullshit, the vast majority of enlisted men and generals would gladly rebel if it got bad enough.

When non-lethal methods mean protecting life instead of stealing life, then they are much better then lethal methods. You Americans need to learn that there are ways of dealing with your problems that don't involve shooting at them.

The only justifiable reason to fire a gun at someone in most US states is if you fear for your life or great bodily harm.

If someone tries to use lethal force against you, it is perfectly reasonable to use lethal force to protect yourself.

Only a leaf troll would disagree.

>You don't need to kill to defend yourself from another person
source?

You clearly don't know dick about solders and even less about human psychology. Go back to your video games snow nigger.

No. You can't.