LIBERAL RANT AGAINST MEME MAGIC: The making of a racist, sexist religion of nihilism on Sup Forums

> Among the white nationalists on Sup Forums’s “politically incorrect,” or Sup Forums board and on “alt-right” Twitter — or anywhere you might run into a picture of Pepe the Frog — there is a cryptic but popular saying: “Praise Kek.” Kek is how World of Warcraft translates “lol” when it’s revealed to members of opposing alliances, but it is also, conveniently, a name for a serpent-headed Egyptian chaos god.

> Most of the people posting about Kek don’t actually believe that Pepe the Frog is an avatar of an ancient Egyptian chaos god, or that the numerology of Sup Forums “gets” — when posts are assigned a fortuitous ID number — somehow predicted Donald Trump’s presidential victory. (Theodor K. Ferrol goes into more detail about that claim here.) It’s a joke, of course — but also not a joke. As one self-identified active member of the alt-right told me, “I don’t believe in God. But I say ‘Praise Kek’ more than I’ve ever said anything about God.”

reallifemag.com/apocalypse-whatever/

Plus HackerNews discussion: news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13252567

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

appliedmemeticsllc.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=sZJDYlxkM-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The word is spreading. The missionaries have been successful in their endeavors.

Praise Kek and Shadilay dear brothers! Shadilay!

what the hell kind of image is this anyway???

>nihilism

Our forum isn't nihilistic at all, praising KEK in and of itself is anti-nihilism. Also we find purpose in saving the white race. The fuck is he talking about.

Are we brothers in Kek the new Jews?
>wait.. We are

What is this pic from faggot?

KEK SHALL SMITE THEM

>Most of the people posting about Kek don’t actually believe that Pepe the Frog is an avatar of an ancient Egyptian chaos god
REEEEEEEEEEE
I saw it in my vegetables.

Our eyes as cold and blue as the steel sky.
We are the legions of glorious kek.
May our skin be as bright as alabaster as we set our spirits on sail to the chaos star.
We will carry the banner across the cosmos.
WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF KEK
WE WILL SHITPOST AND WATCH THE WORLD BURN
THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR NEET LIVES
OUR 2D WAIFUS ARE SUPREME
WE ARE THE CHOSEN ONES OF KEK

>but it is also, conveniently, a name for a serpent-headed Egyptian chaos god
Let me guess: t. (((wikipedia)))

This is purely fictional, therefore, is that whole article not just another example of Fake News?

If (((they))) are so concerned with memetics, perhaps they ought to look in to the for-profit company appliedmemeticsllc.com/

*autistic screeching*

>Most of the people posting about Kek don’t actually believe that Pepe the Frog is an avatar of an ancient Egyptian chaos god, or that the numerology of Sup Forums “gets” — when posts are assigned a fortuitous ID number — somehow predicted Donald Trump’s presidential victory.

This is wrong. I actually do believe.

Praise Kek!

Shadilay brother.
WE ARE THE CHOSEN
WE ARE GODS
WE ARE THE NEW WORLD ORDER

PRAISE KEK

>Kek is how World of Warcraft translates “lol” when it’s revealed to members of opposing alliances, but it is also, conveniently, a name for a serpent-headed Egyptian chaos god.

The fuck? He thinks we got it from WoW?

People read this?

Newfag detected

Another love letter from the Left. They cannot stop obsessing about us!

Liberals are fighting forces they know nothing about.

Reddit out

it is from WoW
Blizzard thought the stereotype of Koreans zerg rushing while spamming "kekekekekekeekek" in chat was funny, so they made it part of the translation script in WoW

>serpent-headed Egyptian chaos god.
They're not technically wrong, but come the fuck on.

It's funny, because all this does is make them look absolutely retarded. Do they not realize the irony of this? Normies do not care about this at all. If anything, this confirms the normies feelings regarding media.

WE ARE WINNING, BROTHERS!

PRAISE KEK! SHADILAY!

>tfw techno-esoteric fascism is the ideology and religion of the future
PRAISE KEK

Kek is as real as any other god.

>As one self-identified active member of the alt-right told me

FAKE NEWS

Praise Kek!

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>lurk more

Obsessing while making only the most self-serving, reductive attempt to understand.

PRAISE KEK

>mfw nobody ever EvER made a good edit of this to be Pepe

what do? might have to go to /r/.

>active member of the alt-right

>Most of the people posting about Kek don’t actually believe that Pepe the Frog is an avatar of an ancient Egyptian chaos god

Well boys looks like we have heretics among ourselves.

I use to have that pepe edited.. But i had to clean my library.
>lurk more

>World of Warcraft
wtf?

PRAISE KEK, LORD OF THE FLIES AND PROVIDER OF TRUMP.

CLEANSE THE WORLD OF LIBERALS
BURN HOMOSEXUAL RIGHTS
NO MORE WOMEN VOTERS
NO MORE JOBS FOR WOMEN OR GAYS
2 GENDERS OR DIE
PRAISE KEK

WE WILL WIN SHADILAY SHADILAY

Lurk more
>they're called newfags senpai

That's where kek came from.

liberals are dumb. Praise kek!

>no archive links

shame on you newfags. Even Sup Forums knows not to directly link viral/shill articles.

Pretty sure kek came from cuck. Lol->lel->lul
Cuck->kuk
Lul+kuk=kek

Kek is god and Pepe is his prophet

***[CHARGING]***

Kek will be an official religion in next decade.

Sure you're not confused with this one?

They underestimate his power.

kek came about from both WoW, and from the evolution of lol to lel, and then people mistyping that as kek.

No user, im bretty sure that i used to have that pepe avatar

lol why save whats doomed already?

praise kek and listen to the prophetic gets he dispenses
Shadilay my brother

Fplp

The fuck I don't.

Praise Kek.

>normalfags trying to understand Sup Forums

>> Most of the people posting about Kek don’t actually believe that Pepe the Frog is an avatar of an ancient Egyptian chaos god

UNBELIEVER

MAY YOU CROAK

No it came from WOW

So... How will this religion be called?

>mistyping

You are retarded

Author is quite the semen demon...

If only they know about Sup Forums's elders.

Lol they are in denial about the fact that we have found a better religion than kikeonastickianity

Shadilay

If the finger hitting L is off by one key when typing lel you get kek instead.

FROGS FOR THE FROG GOD! MEMES FOR THE MEME THRONE! LET THE INTERNET BUUUUUURN!

Shadilay, brother leaf.

Praise him for these blessed trips!

Shadilay!

I 100% believe in kek. I pray to him and roman salute a wooden rosary of him that I have. Too much crazy shit just to be coincidence. And this is my personal life with kek; I'm not even talking about sick digits

Shadilay in the highness

those are some hot fuckin' facial scars and I'm not even being sarcastic. Shit gets me rock-hard.

its funny to me that they think kek came from world of warcraft

Shadilay!

"Shitposters, who are bound by nothing, set a rhetorical trap for their enemies, who tend to be bound by having an actual point."

This may be true, but isn't it telling that people trying to sell you something lose arguments?

I mean, I didn't read the whole thing, but she's right, isn't she?

>Given the ideological anarchy inherent in shitposting, it tends to defy analysis. Shitposters, who are bound by nothing, set a rhetorical trap for their enemies, who tend to be bound by having an actual point. Attempts to analyze what shitposters are doing, or what their posts really mean, does nothing to defuse them; instead it reinforces their project by amplifying their signal. Shitposting can’t be refuted; it can only be repeated.

t newfag

LOL that you think thats where we get kek from.

>He doesn't have a Slaan Pepe
Here my fellow disciple of Kek, have this for free.

this kind of shit is the exact opposite of what kek represents.

shame on you.

A pretty cool one

My new favorite Pepe.

>some guy said it so it must be true

wowposting was dead before you ever got here kiddo

She's passingly right.

The foundation of her analysis is that this is all just us being ironic nihilists.

I mean, that's probably true for some here. But I think most of us are quite serious.

Darn.

I do, I posted it later. In fact, I posted the original of the Slann Pepe edit and asked for it to be done. I didn't even know it had been until 3 weeks later I saw somebody post it. I've been trying ever since to get the Lord Kroak picture edited to Pepe.

I've also been very tempted to name one of my Slann Starmasters 'Lord Pepe' or 'Lord Kek'. Funny thing is, White Dwarf actually made a joke about Pepe when Seraphon were released. In the Tactics Section they said

>If you're doing well, or even if you're not, grab your chin and say 'Just as predicted!'

The whole 'smug Pepe' thing and 'JUST AS PLANNED' memes were incorporated into it. I say Just as predicted now when I play.

Lurk more faggit. kek is from WoW.

It was "doing it for the lulz" -> "doing it for lulz" -> "doing it for the kek". Then some cross boarding agent from /x/ discovered the Egyptian god of chaos named Kek that brought "doing it for kek" and pepes together.

The more you know about board lore, the less newfag you are.

>Kek is how World of Warcraft
sasuga (((journalists)))

Praise Kek!

>>Most of the people posting about Kek don’t actually believe that Pepe the Frog is an avatar of an ancient Egyptian chaos god
There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Kek Undivided.

>nihilism

Hilarious. We are the rejection of Nihilism. The Meme War was an attempt to arrest the fall of our species and set us back on a course to the stars.

hi Tara Isabella Burton

Once the internet became srs bsns, people forgot the age old adage "don't feed the trolls".

This is the end result.

>But I think most of us are quite serious.

God I hope not or the world's fucked

>being a heretic

Millions of people pray to Jesus, nothing happens.

A few thousand NEETS praise Kek and save western civilization.

And I am not supposed to believe?

>doing it for the kek

Stop making shit up you fucking faggot

They just think anyone who doesn't agree with their ideology must be nihilist because they can't imagine any other alternative.

While some like me are nihilists, many are not.

kek was popularized by s4s, though

I'm a fan of the various derivatives -

ses
jej
cec

> I say Just as predicted now when I play.
Breddy gud

Simply coincidence.

RIP lil

Kek is more powerful than a dead kike on a stick

youtube.com/watch?v=sZJDYlxkM-c

>He doesn't unironically worship Kek
Heretic.

Esoteric Kekism

I need to get back into proper playing against random people. Just so I can meme.

Problem is, I am inheriently a follower of the Old Ones, though since GW seems to have removed them from the setting, I'll pretend Kek is the name of an Old One God. Like Chotec. I can name my 'constellations' like "The Smug of Kek" and then place the most OP and troll worthy shit I can on the table and destroy them.

I just went full /tg/. Should keep one boards content in that board...

Oh ye of little faith

>they think this is a fucking joke

Wrong, kek was another version of lol