At what IQ do you realize Christianity is a good thing?

At what IQ do you understand Christianity is nonsense, but that it is a good thing for society to have?

Edgy atheists over the age of 21 top out at 125 imo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SArKZhnHnKo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Necessary nonsense huh. Proceed

The same IQ you need to avoid saving the thumbnail.

Well the military is a great example.

Individually, you've got a bunch of drones who will do anything they are ordered to do. Sounds idiotic. I'd never do it.

But would you want to live in a country without those people?

Hope that analogy clears it up for you.

Thanks for posting!

Why are the Lutherans bringing in Somalis into Scandinavia and the Midwest? Why do the Catholics and Pope support the migrant invasion into Europe and the Mestizos coming in illegally by the millions into the USA? Fuck Christianity

Ideally, we'd have a society that actively seeks answers and is capable of critical thought.
That's be the ideal of education. Full understanding of reality, redpills included, but also balanced with some normie knowledge.

Sadly, none of that is in the interest of the power that be, so while we get excellent precision in STEM fields, no one ever precisely teaches us how human beings exactly work, and how we should always seek more answers than we're given right away.

This is my current view on the military and atheism. Atheists are faggots that can't reconcile the fact that they have yet to replace transcendental values from Christ/god with worthy man made values. So they flounder in nihilism and are too weak to be the counter culture against the Muslims.

are you an miliant athiest dood?

I think I do have some pretty good ideas on the subject of ideology and values... But none of the ability to write it down and successfully promote it, sadly.

If you agree wit has at least some of my post then you should read up on some Julius evola. Ride the tiger is a decent book about the lost values of the modern man.

It can be either.
You could certainly use modern Christianity as a net-benefit for you and others. The delusion it brings is comforting and avoids unpleasant realizations and confrontations.
However if the church were to become more strict, if it were to regress to what it was a century ago, then it is not beneficial for society.
Strict Christianity is not unlike other strict religions like Islam - in my mother's day catholic women in her church were expected to wear head garments, for instance.
Essentially while it can be beneficial to the self, it's too effective a means of control for those who hold the reigns.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas.

> Atheists are faggots that can't reconcile the fact that they have yet to replace transcendental values from Christ/god with worthy man made values.

Looks like you have placed your cart in front of your horse. Religions like any other myths or stories are man made. Meaning any of the values found wherein good or bad came from man in the first place.

No sky daddy was required for someone to come up with the golden rule, basic principles of fairness, and egalitarianism. We figured that shit out all on our own after millennia of bloodshed and careful record keeping.

Nothing about morality is special and it certainly isn't transcendental

No, not even an Atheist

Edgy, but shortsided.

How old are you?

I think the human drive toward spirituality, and morality, separate him from the beast; and show higher self of man, the splinter of God embedded within the species.

idiot

Nice assumption faggot. It's just as say for me to assume the complete opposite- so that's not an argument

I've been an atheist since I was 10 or so and it wasn't until I was 25 until I realized that even if I don't believe in it that it's the best for America to be presented as a Christian nation and that more people need to be converted to or remain Christian to keep our nation from spiraling into a progressive shit stain.

Had this thought for a long time.
Don't know if it's an IQ thing or a humility thing.

Either way, there's nothing worse than debating an atheist on whether god actually exists or not. Boring.

Had this exact same realization. I'd say max 130. Most edgy atheists aren't really super intelligent (below top 5%, std deviation for iq is about 15). Mentally adaptable people realize that religion is basically superstition but a good way to uphold and enforce a consistent moral code in a society. The ancient Greeks/Romans realized this, with their rulers acknowledging that the superstitious part of religion was for the lower classes and uneducated, but that it was a good way to get citizens to participate in society and preserve the state. One reason shit is falling apart in the west is due to lack of moral/social unity, corresponding to the decline of religion, and replaced by an inherently unsustainable and cancerous philosophy (political correctness/Marxism).

I myself used to be very anti-religion but have learned to recognize its benefitsand am sort of sentimental for Christianity in Western culture. People could call this being a "cultural Christian". Ultimately religion, and Christianity in general is a great way to unify people. It's kind of like all watching and liking the same TV shiw or reading the same book, but with 2000 years of tradition.

Well I mostly agree with you actually. I don't belive in a Christian God. I do think that the values that we held are missing. We need a "higher power" of some sort. Communism tried replacing it and it failed. I don't have the exact answer, but transcendental values are what's needed until we flesh out a full system of universal principals and values. Man is capable, but in the mean time we are suffering a major existential crisis on a mostly racial (racial europeans) scale.

personal attacks: non argument

Assuming what? That words written by men, debated by men, changed and edited and translated by men, read by men, manipulated into tools of control by men, and full of the errors of man, was, in fact, originally thought up by man.

Take every religion in recorded history. They all have a lack of any solid evidence to support their claims and the theistic among them are mutually incompatible. It is only reasonable to assume the null position that they are all full of shit. Theistic personal interventionist gods require a high degree of evidence that no one has ever once satisfied.

If you want to claim there is a deistic god then i have no argument. Since it cares not about what my favorite sex position is or what day i decide to work on.

this guy knows what's up.

also, 138 IQ reporting in, full atheist, christianity is degenerate because it is for the deluded and weak-minded. a plague upon our people.

Right Wing politics are concerned with the long-term survival of Civilization

Christianity is only concerned with personal salvation to become part of a nebulous afterlife for which no evidence exists, and for which this world needs to be sacrificed, which is best expressed in the way early christians like Martin of Tours refused to fight enemies of their nations, insofar killing in this world could cost them heaven

When Jesus says "if they take your coat, let them have your shirt as well", "do not resist evil", "I have come to turn a man against his own household", "if you don't hate your self and your own family you can't follow me", "love your enemies, pray for your persecutors", "the meek will inherit the Earth", "those that wanna die will live", "blessed are those the persecuted, for they will be my Kingdom", "do not save treasures for tomorrow", "carry your cross so that you can receive eternal reward", "Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you'll have treasure in heaven", "it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye than for the rich to enter Heaven", "Woe to you who are well fed, Woe to you who laugh, for you will mourn and weep"...

... he is not kidding, or meaning the opposite, but actually setting down a morality where the world is a lie and only the afterlife is the real deal, so destroying your life in this world, "carrying your cross" as he says, is completely logical

Sup Forums "christians" seem to believe Jesus actually meant the OPPOSITE of all that, and that Jesus wants you to defend your family, that Jesus wants you to kill your enemies, to become prosperous, well-fed and rich in this world, and to avoid persecution and death!

In every state in history there has been some kind of consistent moral code imposed on citizens (particularly the uneducated and volatile lower classes) in order to keep them in line and from going apeshit. This used to be provided by religion, specifcally Christianity in the West. What do you suggest as a better alternative for the modern world?

I think people are desperate for a reason that family centric moral living is the way to go besides winning a prize at the end of life.

You're throwing oUT the baby with the bath water. Religion has down many great things. I assume you'd rather build a new system instead of fixing an old one? That's great and all, but other cultures that aren't mid transition like we are (muslims) will take advantage of our non-spiritual transition.

It is a personal attackto challenge you by saying it is short sided?

And I seriously wanted to know how old you are but you just had to go and be an edgy numale.

>take their coats

>numale.

Damn..I thought she was holding up a fruit bat.

How old are you?

Seriously want to know.

FFS

Christianity in it's current state is doing objectively more good than bad.

The character of Jesus is pretty inconsistent. In the gospels he vacillates between pacifist (turn the other cheek) to bellicose (trade your cloak in for a sword). Basically what he says is written just to prove whatever point the author is making at the time. Since the Bible is written by many different authors, Jesus' character (along with others) rarely remain consistent.

I would guess 19-21. That's how I talked when I was that age (24 now).

to add to this I can't stand edgy in your face annoying atheists who are all scientists ramming their asses with dragon dildos on live streams.

They are as bad as fags who feel the need to throw their sexuality in your face.

What about Paganism vs Atheism? Which of them do you prefer, and why?
I personally think some of the Pagan gods are awesome, so I still lean towards that.

This is why
youtube.com/watch?v=SArKZhnHnKo

Realised this watching Jordan Peterson's lectures

I agree.

I should probably revise my original post to say being 30 or over with this attitude might be a sign of limited intelligence.

I recall going to church with mom when I was 12 (forced to). I was telling her how it was a cult, when she started to cry. My mom is a very good and humble person. Now at 34 I wish I could go back and slap the shit out of that little prick.

atheists are satanists, much like the top kikes who are not at all judaists but are in fact satanists
satanism breeds from everything degenerate, everything selfish is inherently degenerate
risking your life, your livelihood, your time, your resources for a cause beyond your own ego makes for a good society with good people, this is why christianity is good, because it makes people do so for a cause beyond themselves because they fear eternal punishment in hell
the best however would be to accept that we are nothing beyond the mere human fleshbags we are, but that it is our duty to serve our people as best we can to make humanity progress beyond what could conceivably be expected
but of course, while this is superior to christianity since it is based off of nationalism, serving your family, serving you country, it is also still not perfect, for you still need to be deluded into thinking any of this matters. still, that is a good life for a human, humans are not made to be anything but servants, if you give men freedom they are but slaves to reality, but if you give a man duties he is truly free to do whatever he desires

I don't believe that in a rational society there is any space for religion tbqh, you just can't be a full rational person and still believe in myths from bronze age.

>atheists are satanists,

Yes because clearly the group of people that reject all the sky daddies on lack of evidence worship their respective antagonists.

IQ 136, atheistic. Religion is only needed for those who fail to understand traditional values without being afraid of a sky daddy, liberals being a good example. If you know any reasons why transgenders and other scum of the earth are cancer and traditional family is our only future, apart from "It's written in the Bible", you don't need religion.

If scripture does not lead to objective truth
Then you can not achieve a long term healthy society like OP speaks of, there will be opposition to a flimsy belief system which is where atheists come in.
If you can pick and choose what verses suit your world view and cite inconsistency
then it is no different to what humans have done for millennia which is to have an utilitarian view of morality.

Only people without self-control need religion to tell them what to do and what not to do.

Admittedly the Greek and Nordic gods are pretty cool, but only as stories. Have fun bringing paganism back.

Muslims are already taking advantage of western nations anyway, if you hadn't noticed that yet.

satanism is worship of the self, it is selfishness and degeneracy through and through, there is nothing more to satanism than doing whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it, in accord with none but yourself, aligned with no interests but your own
truly the most selfish and thus most degenerate way of life, call it whatever you want, atheism and satanism are the same

but of course you do not possess adquate intelligence to see this, for you did not even grasp the sentiment of my post in the least, you did in fact not even read it. i do not blame you, it is not for me to place such burdens upon american simpletons

>worshipping the God of Israel and his son Yeshua

I don't know, what's legally retarded?

Internet IQ tests only put me at 110. I believe christianity is necessary for a functional society.

But personally, I don't need that shit to comfort me. I get by mentally as it is.

like niggers, im all for Christianity for them, it does them good

I'll take it a step further. At what IQ do you realize self delusion is more rational than disbelief.

In a Godless universe, the truth or our beliefs is as meaningless as the rest of our existence.

I have an IQ 145 and I am a christian. We rule the world. So yes it's a good thing to have. It's about as true as the existence of the internet

>>Have fun bringing paganism back
Not so much wanting to "bring it back", was just curious about Paganism vs Atheism, as opposed to Atheism vs Christianity, in terms of the persecution of Pagans by Christians.

How do Atheists feel about the persecution of Pagans?

just came from midnight mass
Realized that praying for the people who want to destroy our culture and religion is what separates us from all others.

God isn't real and you're an idiot for believing in him. I don't believe in stories written by desert people after staying out in 120 degree weather all day two thousand years ago.

Also I'm really happy that religion exists because without it all the mouthbreathing retards like you would say "WELL IF WE DONT HAVE GOD WHY BOTHER BEING GOOD?!" and do stupid shit. The idea that you do good things to get good things (AKA go to heaven) is a fucking child's mentality and should've been stamped out around the time you turned 10.

Call me an edgelord, see if I give a shit, at the very least I know that I'm a better person than you based on the sole fact that I do good shit because it's for the good of everybody, not so I get to save a spot in a vacation resort when I'm bones and dust. Faggot.

Unfortunately a good 95% of people don't have self control.

140 IQ I am a mono Theist and believe all religion stems from truth, I believe some people are preselected by god for a higher purpose. I believe Jesus was special but not the only way to heaven

Exactly, and there are a lot of people in society who lack self control.

In a nation with hundreds of millions, would you rather have such people attending church or be left to their own devices?

The validity of Chistianity is not the same as the value of it when you are talking about society as a whole.

From my experiences as an agnostic, it seems like the most vitriolic anti-christian athiests are the ones who had bad experiences in catholic/private religious schools. They didn't fit in and now they have a chip on their shoulder about everything religious.

On the other hand, I would say having an adaptable philosophy/moral code which at leat vaguely sticks to a fixed set of principles is important for sustaining a long-lasting and stable society. If you take the Bible at face value, how do you reconcile the vengeful and bloodthirsty God of the Old Testament with the forgiving and comforting God of the New Testament? How can they be the same God? That is the reason we have religious figures, theologians and philosophers. The moral code (scripture in this case) needs to be constantly tweaked, updated or reinterpreted to suit the needs of an expanding and changing society. Just like bronze age and tribal ethics were replaced by a more altruisticcreed as society grew more global and advanced.

nothing is "real" in the sense you think it is.

>the military is mindless drones
Yes that's why the best and brightest serve.
The alpha males enlist to get that spartan brotherhood. Everyone in the armed forces is a seeker of something. There are mindless drones, those are the army grunts.

To add on atheism can't disprove God only raise questions that can't be answered like "why" and "how."

MFW atheists have negative fertility.

>best and brightest
not really. You get bright people, but not the brightest. I doubt there are many people with an iq>150 in the army. Those people go to top research uni's

Same here, shamed my mom when she was interested in religion during a difficult time of her life, and regret being an annoying prick. I also lost the opportunity to have a few long-lasting friendships and relationships because I used to be an in-your-face anti-theist edgelord.

You're talking about culture which brings community. It certainly helps in these times when we're up against a surge of exploding roaches

>How do Atheists feel about the persecution of Pagans?
I don't think anyone gives a shit about the persecution of Pagans. I haven't seen anyone get lynched because they advocated their religion. Perhaps thousands of years ago this happened, but surely not today.

not sure iq has anything to do with it, im nowhere near genius level but im not exactly retarded either, i had a similar thought during my college days, learning environment could have had influence over it tho.

i do agree with you and even if you are athiest, going to church can still be a positive exercise/experience. it gets you out of the cave, forces you to have at least some social interaction, and disrupts negative mindsets.

although going to the gym can do the same i suppose

>without religion people are inherently selfish
>placing yourself first leads to degeneracy
So can I assume if you were american you would vote democrat?

>shotsided

Morons need not bother pawing at their keyboards in this thread.

Well I have a confirmed IQ of 158 and I think Christianity is cancer, Christcucks are just wannabe Catholics that don't follow all the rules and only the ones they want.

Nothing but faggots who are only half dedicated.

>Those people go to top research uni's
I suspect people who are both smart and have a sense of life outside of a classroom would avoid academia like the plague.

You can't provide a single shred of evidence for the existence of God

Onus probandi incumbit ei qui dicit, non ei qui negat

There are, and will be forever, a multitude of delusional and weak minded people in our world. Religion is a wonderful tool for keeping them from falling to chaos. I would suggest that Islam is better than Christianity in this respect but that all depends on the sort of world one wants to live in. Certainly if the leadership of Islam were organized similar to Catholicism it would be the far and away the best.

As a tool for controlling masses, religion has no peer.

>in my mother's day catholic women in her church were expected to wear head garments, for instance.
Oh shit, head garments? That's easily as bad as multiple wives, suicide bombings, honour killings and female circumcision. Thanks for the redpill shartbro.

>As a tool for controlling masses, religion has no peer.

What are you an emotionally enslaved pussy?
It has a superior, my mate GENOCIDE, get some balls.

there's a difference between globalism/communism and what i propose
communism is the theory that competition and feud is bad, that everyone is exactly equally good and that you are given privileges
what i propose is the theory that competition is the human spirit at work, that you cannot have a functioning society without feud, that everyone is unequal and vastly superior to others at certain things and that they must utilize this fully as to be the most beneficial to society, that everything you have has been earned through hard work and dedication, not handed out to you for free
this makes people respect each other, it makes them respect what they've done, and it makes them adhere to hierarchy, as is necessary for a society to function properly
i also theorize that this would never work without a common enemy. how else would you make humans work so hard with benefitting each other past their very selves? they simply wouldn't without some external threat that could wipe them all out, so this theory needs enemies. this is also why the fascists and nationalists of old have been so much stronger than the jewish agenda, just compare the well oiled machine that nazi germany was, an imperfect implementation of what i propose, combined with imperial japan, similarly not perfect, pitted against the entire rest of the world, coming far further than they should have. italy was a disappointment sadly.

i also did not say directly that you need religion, i simply said that christianity fulfills something in the same vein of what i suggest, but if you look at islam it is quite different. christianity was made without a concept of heaven, you did as the lord told you because you wanted to avoid punishment, not to get rewarded. islam on the other hand didn't have a very centric point about hell, it was all about getting yourself killed as soon as you were able so you could go to heaven and reap the rewards. a more degenerate thing cannot be imagined.

also most major religions do teach core social behavior required to have a functioning society. kinda like the ten commandments and other tennents like it, it teaches basics like not murdering/stealing or simply not being assholes to eachother and treat everyone around you with respect, whether they diserve it or not. note that these dont have to be followed to a T, but with out some sort of "code of conduct" theres no real glue that holds a community together

You cannot substantiate that. Hindu may not be a religion...but they teach a disabled person deserves to be hated because they earned it

The sky daddy helped spread the shit. No one is going to just believe in some random faggot saying "act this way" you retard.

Get a load of this:

If your shoulders are uncovered, they won't let you in the Notre Dame de Paris.

The Catholic church has done all sorts of things to hold back mankind's progress. Most of it has been beaten into the past, not because the church came to its senses voluntarily but because it was dragged there by irrefutable progress.

In any case your examples from Islam are edge cases even in Islam's current guise. If it were it were to go through a similar enlightenment I believe those edge cases would disappear just like the Catholic church stopped imprisoning people for saying the earth revolves around the sun. And a modernized Islam would be the best possible means of keeping the mud races disciplined and at heel, yet capable of incredible violence on command.

What a wonderful tool that would make.

So what?

The Catholic church never imprisoned people for saying the earth revolved around the sun.

I think we agree that christianity fills a void in the empathetic portion of the average person's mind, though equating that unfilled void with intentional sabotage of civilization via satanism is quite a reach.

Rational decisions of pathology and ideology have led people down poor paths, such as marxism. It doesn't do a good job of securing a civilization's future nor of keeping people motivated to be upstanding citizens. I recommend reading the Gulag Archipelago

Translation for this thread: its best to be an Atheist but by and large, people are stupid and animalistic in nature and need to be in fear of a supernatural daddy figure in the sky of smiting them to prevent them from raping and pillaging.

Also I didn't mean to namefag

I'm at a confirmed IQ of 158, I am also well versed in both battle tactics (disciplining men and retaining control) as well as religious studies and historical studies.

The most effective method of ruling is using dread, religion breaksdown because it's a choice and because there is FAR to much it will never be able to prove (existence of God, that it isn't just a plagiarized version of an older religion, that the bible is infact truthful and Lucifer is the bad-guy and Jesus is the good-guy despite it only giving you Jesus' point of view (kinda like a rape case where the guy doesn't get to say he didn't do it don't you think?)).

You need to set a standard of moral principals to live by and enforce them rigorously, it isn't enough to have a punishment if someone breaks the rules, you have to make the act of even thinking about breaking them unimaginable. For example; if you have a problem with people stealing food because they are starving to death then simply locking them up isn't going to deter them, you need a punishment worse than their circumstance, so if their circumstance is they are going to die of starvation, then make the punishment being skinned alive, with the punishment now being worse than their current worst case scenario, you'll find less people will do it.

Religion is also to inclusive, even if the entire world all turned Christian, eventually the black Christians will fight the white over who's "God's chosen colour" and because said God doesn't exist to answer. Colour and "race" are possible internal friction points and have to be removed if you want as little friction as possible, which you do because if you eliminate violence and people over time naturally forget how to fight/be violent, then there is less they can do against your "governance".

I'm bored now but I'm sure you get the idea.

Yes, the world is full of good goys who require someone to tell them what to think, and it might as well be for something beneficial in the long run.

Your noble lie meme is stupid.
Stop lying, stop beating children, stop cutting foreskins and stop being cucks to an imaginary alpha male.
He doesn't like you and he's never going to fuck you, no matter how reverently you say his name.

Straw man:the post

Retard award