Computer cucks

Is progamming, software development, IT etc. for cucks? I'm currently heading in that direction (three years of study) but am becoming increasingly anxtious.

The jobs seem high stress and you'll be infront of a computer all day. You may develop back problems, carpel tunnel, etc.

Your colleges are likely to be
>nu males
>fat, kissless underachievers
>feminists

As such these occupations seems to be instill increasingly low amount of respect. Basically the factory workers of the 21th century.

The biggest pros seems to be
>decent salary if you apply yourself
>possibility of becoming an entrepreneur, being your own boss

This considered, what is the best way to proceed? Are there some qualified fields that attracts decent, social, intellectual people?

Or should I just give up and become a doctor? Education is free where I live, I kinda feel like I fucked up not going for it.

I work for a major distribution company. Our entire network infrastructure is controlled over seas by India, we're all being replaced by them eventually

You nake great money for doing fairly easy work. It's a much better life path than most. The downside is that all you do is learn to use some particular set of development tools to do easy shit to make someone else rich. Most jobs are boring and kind of bad in that regard. If you want to change the world, you need to work 100 hour weeks at some startup in exchange for pennies and equity. No thank you.

It's a fine field but I hope to get out, do my PhD, and become a professor after a few more years

T. 5 years out of CS degree working as software developer

It is, but luckily I still found some redpilled people in my course.

Whe you call for IT in the thrid world you actually got someone from your country, so we can complain with someone that actually understands. and that it doesn't knows shit.

This better be the next line of work, I'm not going back to the mines, it's cold and dark.

Reality check: In 25 years, white people will be a minority in the workplace and in supermarkets.

> Is web developer / designer since 7 years
> Self employed consultant for hire
> Makes $125k a year
> Job is easy, and when it's not, it's often difficult in a satisfying way.

It feels like I am living in a make-believe world where I get shitloads of money for doing almost nothing in particular.

I am most definitely playing life on easy mode.

tits or gtfo.

depends on language

?

How do you make that much as a web developer?

What sort of work do you do?

I work in IT

The stress of the job depends on your position and the company. A government job is a relaxing joke. A corporate job on something like a retail website is a nightmare (if you fuck up, company loses millions $)

By nature the men are more beta, but there are plenty of right wing types too

Accounting/Finance is less cucked. You can do IT for a Finance company. Get a minor degree in finance or economics

whatever you do, don't do IT
They are the biggest cucks alive
>gets yelled at by idiots all day
>muh certs
>otherwise uneducated

Depends. If you can marry your programming ability to a particular skillset then you can make a lot of money easily.

My buddy does quant stuff for an investment bank and he has a physics degree but he can also program i.e. he has the requisite programming ability but also the mathematical fundamentals that most people (including CS grads) lack so people like him are in high demand. He works 12 hour days though, so while the money is excellent, it depends on what you're willing to give.

Software engineer here.

You're right about nu males and fat kissless manchildren. But the older developers I work with are totally not that way.

It's just people from this cucked generation. The most infuriating thing is that all these young programmers act like they're geniuses for doing standard shit and act like they deserve credit for creating computers and the internet.

If you can get past that, its like other anons said. I make a shit ton of money doing something I find enjoyable and it feels too good to be true.

>tfw I actually got hired at a graphics software company
I've actually never been more excited for anything, to have a real big boy job that isn't an internship

Is male, sorry. I'm just lucky, and generally well bred. Except I am also 5.67 manlet. Go figure. Height theory btfo.

I seem very trustworthy to people. Dudes I've just met practically throw job opportunities and influential positions at me. I am very, very good at interviews and somehow at making an impression.

Sorry if this sounds like bragging. It's just like I wanna be honest, and my life is so fucking easy all the time and I don't know what else to say.

I can do my job as well, of course. But I'm in no way exceptionally good at it. I am just very good at representing.

What I mainly do is write front-end code. I also advice / work on both the design side and the code side, which gives me an edge in negotiations. I know both fields and can be man-in-the-middle.

>feminists

You won't encounter those so long as you stay away from JS and Ruby.

Generally speaking if the language has strict types, you'll be fine

>What I mainly do is write front-end code.
It's like people pay you for making squares. Jesus.

Web development is the best career that only exists because of retarded normies.

Yes, this.
I'm not stupid or anything. If I could redo my education I think I'd want to become a trauma surgeon instead. A bit more exciting.

But damn, the job is easy. I thought being an adult would be a lot more difficult than this.

Most of my old friends are still struggling to get by, wiping the butts of disabled people for a living or something.

I feel like I live in a weird, parallell reality where what stuff costs almost doesn't matter. I am living in lala-land, detached from normal life.

a web developer consists of front and backend bit somehow it has evolvedin such a way that a full stack developer is pretty much paid the same as a front end man

Full stack dev here. 15 years. Plotting to kill them all. Merry Christmas. Gotta go.

I also have other interests - intellectual, artistic and so on. But are there any occurrences of people transitioning from tech to something completely different? Like politics, writing or filmmaking?

It feels like my future will be set in stone.

Some frontend is more advanced than others. A react/redux dev is a bit more than an HTML/CSS monkey.

Stop asking if things like these are for cucks. The job is not cucked, the people attending the job is, you even just said so yourself. If you like doing it then be the change it needs, make it un-cucked. No things in themselves are ever cucked, even gender-studies don't need to be cucked. What is cucked is always the people within (professors and students). If you want to be the hero who incepts a ruined study and save it by the mercy of science then you should do so regardless of what a bunch of retards on Sup Forums thinks. Ride the Tiger OP.

If your school teaches Java/.NET then you're going to be a code monkey loser with a miserable career.
Work hard, develop skills, try to actually understand what you're doing at multiple levels, and you will be able to get a good job doing rewarding work.

My school is 99% male and they're not effeminate losers at all.

My teachers love me because of the hard work I put in, and I'm actually working with them on projects that they'll use in upcoming years. I get invited to congresses for big name companies like Nvidia, IBM and HP. Companies suck your dick for you to even consider working for them.

If it was my lifelong dream, sure, but if you're just looking for a decent job it matters.

What's with the anti-Java meme?

My school teaches it, among other languages.

>working for the computed jew
Spend your time reading the classics of the west and advancing the white race through art and culture

What is your defition of a cucked job then? Pathetic colleauges or low income? Or both?

>If your school teaches Java/.NET then you're going to be a code monkey loser with a miserable career.
yeah, better learn Haskell only like in our university

Is C++ the way to go?

cucks

DevOps here, we're making an email service using blockchain technology. You heard it here first.

Software development in Sweden is pretty chill.

Wew, but can it even provide encrypted communication? Are (((they))) involved in the development process?

I'm a Linux "devops" "engineer", and at age 26 I make 95k usd base salary. I also get really good benefits, but I think my company is a diamond in the rough in that regard.

At the end of the day, my job comes down to two things: problem solving and dealing with annoying people. If you like to problem solve, and more importantly if you like to solve problems with code, then you'll probably enjoy the field.

Otherwise, meh. Make sure you get a gym membership though, too many fatties at my work who don't do jack shit all day except sit at work and sit at home.

>Paid 30$ an hour
>Shitpost on Sup Forums all day
Yeah we are the realest cucks.

In some capacity, schools try to prepare you for your future occupation.
Almost every company that asks for people with Java/.NET skills treat you like a lowly code slave. It's also what most consultancy agencies, who will whore you out to any company, look for in students fresh out of school.

Functional programming isn't bad as long as it's given alongside actually useful stuff, like C or C++.

You should know at least C, C++, Python and some assembly language, preferably x86.

what kind of a person are you, OP?

for omega males, it's by far the best way to find their place in the world these days (due to being surrounded by omega peers and the relatively decent pay).
if that's what you are - you've found your path. if not - feel free to explore other areas

In house IT / Accounting software guy here.

Being able to make eye contact and explain IT issues to non autistic people puts you in rare company in this sector, but I earn 35k for essentially waiting for something to go wrong, then reading the error message and acting on it. Comfy as fuck and I didn't need to go to uni, just learn a bit of accounting practices and combine it with self taught IT skills.

IT is one of the only fields safe(ish) from automation, and as long as you aren't doing phone support its a pretty good way to stay employable over the next 30 years

yeah it's encrypted, it's difficult to explain, but were going to use hash to encrypt the messages.

since it's completely private and no one has access to your messages apart from you and the person you send the message to, it will definitely have government interference.

I love software dev but I hate working for other people. I guess I'm fucked.

Let me tell you my experience

>Entire class was a mix of neckbeard gamers and nu-males with a token lesbian and like three female immigrants that were from either sandland or eastern europe
>First job was working salary for the daily hours of 9 until whenever you have the balls to leave after 5:30 with maybe 75% chance in getting a specific weekend day off
>Hilariously incompetent development, upper management would yell at lower management that a client isn't happy and then a change request would be added that blatantly contradicted an exclusive different one and when you asked which one to do manager would just shrug at you
>Get laid off
>Can't find another fucking job because I live in cornfieldfuckistan and all the jobs are in urban areas so I just work in a factory

Its Alpha as fuck as long as you keep in shape, and use your 'leisure' to pursue excellence in something you're passionate about.

If your job consists in sitting all day long in a office and you are making less than $250k a year then you're a cuck. No exception.

fuck off jew
your 250k are 125k in Germany

This man got it.

Bots won't be able to troubleshoot for few more decades and Indians are so shitty it's just better to pay westerners to do it.

Stay poor, cuck.

So is it good to get into Web development?

I am trying to learn Java and C++

Is there any way I can learn IT/coding on my own and just get certs?

On track to graduate with a degree in Finance. Was thinking about learning and achieving certs after I graduate & getting a comfy IT job with little work. Is this possible?

>making 250k
>paying 10 Euros for single coffee

>making 120k in Germany
>paying 3 Euros for coffee

spreng dich weg du Missgeburt

> Mobile Dev = Kid tier
> Web Development = "fuck my wife tier"
> Bus. Dev = Pajeet tier
> C/C++/Embedded Stuff = aryan tier.

Best decision I made in my life was to drop out from the university and study unix / mcsa and going to the it field. I make relatively good money for sitting on my ass and playing hearstone all day when I'm not trying to solve an issue regarding Jew products such as checkpoint consoles and tokens.
The best thing I learned so far is that you can relatively learn easy things that might boost your payroll once you hit the mark of "experience". For an example , I don't do code/development but I was offered a job as system admin / cyber defense by a good company who are whiling to double my paycheck if I'll come work for them soon as I hit the one year mark at my correct work place.

I went to college for 3 years and only remember doing drugs and skipping school. But the employers do look more at the paper you hold than your skills so as long as you understand basic logic you should be able to do it.

Not OP, but I'm a full stack dev that gets hired out by the highest bidder through the company I work for.

29 years old, making a little over $100k/yr with full health coverage from the employer. After taxes my monthly income is about $6500 USD.

Codeschool.com
Codecademy.com

MIT has a shit load of free programming courses online

Its only stressful for hacks and imposters

Problem is IT filters out low performers so the higher you rise the more diverse it gets and being Alt Right is a major liability to your employer

>use hash to encrypt the messages
Now nobody will be able to read the messages, not even the recipient.
Brilliant.

You'd get paid more in industry with a masters than a PhD professor, and no school related mundane BS.

> learn react/node
> make 150k
> fap half your day from home

If you're doing finance, learn SQL (easiest, most desirable language for non developer positions) and learn to use SAP / MS NAV for accounting practices. Small /medium business consultancy is an easy way to make comfy money without having to delve too deep into the development side

Cuck is as cuck does. No jobs guarantees that you will not be a self-loathing Nancy boy degenerate that is destroying society. You might as well make as much money as you can and not concern yourself with what other dip shits are doing. Not many jobs guarantee 100k salaries in 5 years and are increasing in prevalence.

Yes
I was going to do a comp sci degree but I changed it, mainly because I had a feeling that the market is going to be over saturated with comp sci fags

Lol fucking old idea. Nice try mate.

>Cs lacking math fundamentals
You're mixing up CS and IT. You also didn't define the level of degree for "cs grads", someone with an associates doesn't do near the algorithm work that a master's degree grad does.

>Drop out goy!
>Play heartstone and fix Jew products all day, heh!

Would have expected nothing less from the jew flag.

Lmfao

IT is all about automation. You don't do "IT" you do sales. Which even sales is going more and more to automation.

Somewhere around half of comp sci majors drop out and the amount of students compared to what's in demand is like a 1:4 ratio, it's a booming industry and your fears might just have fucked you out of a guaranteed future.
To anyone who's doing comp sci, apply yourself. Anyone can do the bare minimum but it's really the very best programmers that have it all.

CS is pure math, or supposed to be just math and theory. BS level gets you enough to get a job and be set for life. Masters and above is going to probably make you less money than a BS and getting to work in the industry. Masters and PHD CS folks are usually slaves to a university.

You don't really get taught how to code in CS, just have to figure it out.

While you are considering gender studies at your local community college, I'll be playing some blizzcuck products and making easy money. Jew power.

I don't know what to do in regards to IT. I've seen people make some really creative programs, but I just barely know how to make binary trees. Literal niggers work for Optimum/Verizon, and I get nauseous thinking of my upcoming Network+ exam. God help me.

>Get standing desk
>Work out
Problem solved

One of the reasons I didn't went to IT t b h

15 years in IT here. Never really worked a day. The only tiring thing is taking public transport. The stressed ones are head of IT, managers. They are considered useless trash that cost too much money and have to fight everyday to fight that false idea.

Network+ exam

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAH

You will fail boy.

>nervous for any cert exam
Jesus fucking Christ, user. All of the answers are already leaked on the internet.

I'm majoring in cyber security and have no idea what I'm in for

20 years experience, now in upper management. If anything I would say the tendency, like in engineering, is towards conservatism. I've always suspected this tendency exists in "tangible" professions is because one's brain gets rewired tp hold results, not flighty theories or feelings, above all else.

>be CPA
>learn very basic VBA, SQL, HTML
>people think I'm a wizard
>never work overtime
>make okay money

I make more than 80-90% of the population, but still not 6 figures (not yet). The recruiting company I technically work for bills me out at more than double what I make.

You certainly do, but I want some of the perks that come with being a public employee. More time off, I like teaching, nice benefits, trading corporate bullshit for academic bullshit

IT guy here. Get a degree in liberal arts.

12 years in IT starting as a jnr systems administrator and I'm now an IT Director on a decent salary and good benefits.

It's one of the easier jobs with pretty decent pay, you're not going to go mental with the stress of challenge of it, but you'll still live a very comfy life.

If you're not going to pick a career like this because you're worried about working with people who are fat or kissless virgins, or nu males, or whatever...well then what can I tell you, you're a cuck who cares way too much about things that are irrelevent to your career and you'll probably fail miserably in the free market where all the matters is what value you can provide to people.

A bunch of boring legal stuff.

Most of the people bitching about software engineering are skillless pud whacking neckbeards that are cucks because they gave up at trying to do well at life. More pathetic than any cuck is the whiner that shits on everything to boost their hollow ego as they accomplish nothing in life. Make money, live well, and don't worry about shit you can't control.

>don't worry about shit you can't control.
>lurks on a board dedicated to talking about stuff normal people can't control

Plenty of people change their career in life.

If you do actually get into IT work, I wouldn't do it for any longer than ~5 years at max. You don't want to become "one of those guys"

>tfw have a github profile full of React/Rails/Node projects
>tfw stuck in a high stress, high pay IT position with no coding

Did a BSc in math too.

100% of my co-workers are hillary supporters.

I hope Trump crashes silicon valley.

You should look elsewhere in private industry, I work for a mid size software company, I get like 4 weeks off a year, can work from home whenever I want and never have to put in more than 40 hours a week

You can easily make 200k in 6 months and go the next 6 months on vacation, you are just bad at your job

>Be IT intern
>Make $20/hr starting with a raise every semester
>Sit around and chum with my co-workers

Yeah I'm such a cuck

When it comes to making money and increasing your personal market value, yeah, don't worry about shit you can't control. That doesn't mean you have to like it or never complain about it. Leaving CS because it is cuckville is like a liberal leaving America to go to Cuba. You can have your ideals, but everyone knows you are a moron for sentencing yourself to a life of poverty because you want to prove how awesome your principals are.

>work from home whenever I want
That's one of the things I like most about this sector.
A lot of companies don't care if you show up as long as you get the work done.

It is a good industry if you're smart and charismatic. Most people in the field lack the social skills to really succeed. But if you're intelligent, a good problem solver and are a social and likeable person, you'll do well and be happy.

If you're an Alt-Right transexual who screeches at blacks marrying whites, you might want to stay home and get NEET bucks.

I mean, sure, some people make 400k/year doing this but let's not act like those aren't extreme outliers

Such opportunities are fairly limited where I live and I'd rather not uproot away from family. Besides, I'm not too far off from having enough fuck you money to not NEED to work at all anymore. Teaching seems fun, I don't want to retire at 33 and shitpost the rest of my life. I still live 45 minutes away from my alma mater, I could spend 5-6 years living off my PhD stipend, letting my investments grow, and any teaching salary I got would be straight gravy

Back stabbing kikes do very well in this industry, they get into management and keeps going up.

Work from home doing some kinda shit then

>10 Euros for single coffee
Joke's on you third-world dweller, I pay 3 swiss francs for a coffee, less than 3 euros. :^)

Codecademy didn't teach me shit. I learned a couple languages off of it but I wouldn't say I'm proficient in any of them